01

That Merman Who Once Loved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Request anything from me, my dear Prince, and I shall grant it for you.

Miles away from his father's kingdom, the King's eldest son can be found unexpectedly in a cave under the sea where an old mermaid resides. The old mermaid, who seems to not age at all is Laedonti, the ruthless sea witch who is feared by all but the King's eldest son.

From time to time, he visits the sea witch just to complain about his life in the castle or wish for little things. Laedonti, on the other hand, accepts the little prince with open arms and has no problem spoiling the little one. The little prince is like a son she never had. She smiles fondly at the young prince thinking that despite all those mer-beings fearing her, he's the only one who is not afraid to come to her and smile at her like it's all normal for a noble like him to give friendly gestures to a mermaid as evil as her.

"Laedonti, grant me the sun." He said as he looks up to the bright light above him. The old mermaid pursed her lips and chuckled. "My dear prince, you do understand that as the sea witch, my power extends from the world under the sea to the world outside."

"Then grant me the sun." He demanded, now pouting as he face the sea witch. She chuckled again, softening at the sight of the little prince pouting. "But you must remember that even within this world, there are things that are impossible even for me."

The younger one sighed. 

He looked at the bright light above him for the nth time that day. The bright light was so beautiful and he was in awe for one cannot find such light into the deep sea. "The sun shines so bright, I cannot help but approach such brightness."

It's something I cannot touch, no matter how I try to reach it. It's something I cannot have.

Bidding the sea witch a simple 'good bye', he went back to his father's castle.

 

"Big brother, look at what I've found!" Two of his younger brothers welcomed him as he arrived to the castle. The youngest one, Sehun, showed him something unfamiliar which he supposed is something he got fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter