002

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bright light that hung above him created a difficulty for the male as he attempted to open his eyes. Tilting his head to his left, he blinked to remove the blurriness before taking in his surroundings.

“Where the hell am-” His breath hitched as the events from the day earlier came back to him and he made an effort to move, only to struggle.

His brown orbs flickered down, the pair widening in astonishment once he met with the sight of his arms and legs which were held down by steel cuffs.

“The subject has woken up. Initiate the experiments.”

A group of scientists marched into the room, their features covered with masks and Chanyeol became aggressive as he desperately aimed to remove the cuffs. He strived to initiate his power but not a single flame sparked producing an expression of perplexity.

“The entire headquarters is filled with radio waves that cancel out your power so unless someone turns it off, you’re useless.” One scientist clarified as he moved towards the male with a series of needles containing an unknown liquid.

“Don’t you dare ing touch me,” Chanyeol hissed but none was feared by his threat as they began the first round of experiments.

Standing outside of the room with the view of Chanyeol suffering as the formula created a reaction, General Park watched without revealing his satisfaction while you fought the urge to run out the room and get away from the sickening sight.

“Due to the success of your mission, you have been promoted as the captain of your team. Well done, Rina.”

You remained quiet, your gaze fixed on Chanyeol who thrashed around on the table, blood that he coughed out earlier covering parts of his plain white tank top.

“Rina.” The firm tone that your father used was detected and you snapped yourself out of your daze.

“Thank you, sir.” Your voice lacked gratitude which he took notice of, the eyebrow he raised in your direction revealing this.

Stiffly sending your acknowledgement through a salute, you then spun on your heels and threaded towards the door.

“Did I say you could leave?” The movement of your hand ceased as it reached for the handle.

“May I, sir? My bandages need to be replaced.” You faced your back to him, hiding away your expression and tear filled eyes.

A tense silence was met with your words until General Park broke it as he accepted your excuse to leave.

Taking the shortest route to reach your room, as soon as you entered it, you slammed the door shut and slid down to the ground, your hands covering your face which exposed your frustration and pain.

“I should be happy.” You whispered to yourself, your fingers soon running through your hair.

Releasing a frustrated sigh, your eyes trailed around the room but you paused on the set of clothes that were neatly placed on your bed. Slowly raising yourself onto your feet, you closed the distance and kept your gaze on your new uniform, the badge pinned on revealing your new position. Your finger trailed over your name and your eyebrows knitted together, a new set of emotions glistening in your coloured orbs.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Two soldiers stood in a lethargic fashion, this revealing that they had no energy to stay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter