004

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You knew you couldn’t sleep any longer as soon as you began stirring and the urge to keep your eyes closed drifted away. Your brown orbs revealed themselves as your eyelids opened but they widened at the sight of a cheery male who suddenly appeared in your line of vision.

“Good morning-OW!”

Due to being startled, you had ended up punching the male who staggered back, placing a hand on his sore cheek as he expressed a look of disbelief. Realising what you had just did, you swiftly sat up and stared at the male in a flustered manner.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.” A laugh reached your ears and you looked over to your left to see Kai who found the situation hilarious.

“I told you not to do that, Baekhyun-hyung.” Baekhyun merely sulked as he rubbed his cheek while you decided it was best to move on from this incident by bringing up another subject.

“Did we get away from the government?” You asked and Kai revealed the answer through a single nod.

“You’re an outcast like us now. Are you okay with that?” Chanyeol had been sitting on another worn sofa but you hadn’t taken notice of his presence until you moved your focus on D.O who stood beside it with his arms crossed.

Your eyes lowered to your lap, sadness flashing in them but as you thought back to the relationship you had with your father, it was replaced with bitterness. The older man never truly cared for your well-being, him only wanting to raise you into becoming a strong weapon that would easily take down these so-called monsters.

“I chose to become one.” The answer was short but the way you spoke so firmly took the four by surprise.

“Breakfast is ready!” A voice called from the kitchen causing your stomach to growl loudly.

Blushing in embarrassment and placing a hand over your stomach while Baekhyun snickered over this, D.O rolled his eyes but soon ushered you all into the kitchen. You winced as you moved off the sofa, your body still feeling sore due to the injuries. Chanyeol took notice of this and his lips twisted into a frown.

“You didn’t need to save me” He mumbled as he walked by your side.

You glanced up at him for a moment before returning your gaze on the ground.

“But if I didn’t, I wouldn’t be as relieved as I am now. I’m glad that through all this, I could get away from my controlling father and the pressure he put on me,” You answered truthfully and the male remained silent, letting your words sink in.

You entered the kitchen but halted as you looked for a seat that wasn’t taken.

“You can sit here.” The soft voice was recognised and you focused on the male who you claimed was the leader amongst the group.

Sending him a timid smile to indicate you were thankful, you treaded over and took a seat beside him. A plate filled with various types of food was placed in front of you and you blinked at the amount, wondering if you could finish it off.

“You probably haven’t eaten much in the last few days. I’m Xiumin by the way.” The male introduced himself in a cheery manner as he also gave his reason for giving you so much food.

“Right, we should introduce ourselves before we discuss about our next plans.” The leader instructed and no one seemed to be against it.

“You know me already but in case you’ve forgotten, I’m Kai.”

“Hi, I’m the youngest, Sehun.”

“Chanyeol…”

“I’m Baekhyun! If you need anything, just ask.”

“I’m Suho, the leader of this group. It’s nice to have another person around.”

“I’m the cleanest one compared to these slobs, Xiumin.”

“Don’t include me with them. I’m D.O.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter