001

Monster
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Posture straight and eyes focused on the crowd of soldiers before him, the elder man’s aura oozed with confidence as he faced them.

“To think that monsters would become a problem in our society.” He stuffed his hands in his pockets as he paced across the stage with a hint of disappointment.

“Honestly, I am glad that I took over General Kim’s position. He was doing a terrible job.” He paused in his movements and casted a look towards a female soldier or more specifically you, his daughter who stood amongst the rest, your expression revealing not a single emotion.

Taking a hold of the dagger that was secured to his hip, he aimed it with accuracy, piercing the bounty poster of one of the creatures. His eyes narrowed and he bared his teeth as he uttered his next words.

“No matter what method we must use, we will capture each and every one of those disgusting things.”

That concluded the meeting and each soldier left the hall with their heads held high, you included.

“Don’t disappoint me, Rina.”

You halted in your footsteps and glanced to your left to see your father had stepped down from the stage.

“I won’t, sir.” You saluted before moving towards the exit with the others.

As soon as you entered your assigned room and shut the door, you exhaled in relief and removed your cap.

“That was too tense.” You shuffled towards your bed, allowing your body to soon fall onto the soft mattress and blankets.

Once you were in a comfortable position, your gaze glued itself to the white ceiling as you consumed time with your thoughts.

“Monsters…”

Technically, what the army wanted to destroy was far from monsters but the abilities they held labelled them as horrific beings who were a threat to humans and eventually, you would come across one of them with the intention to cover them in their own blood.

Just the thought of the crimson liquid wanted to make you throw up but you shook off the feeling and released a shaky sigh.

“I have to, no matter what.”

-------------------------------------------------------

“Signs of the teleporter has been detected so I’m sending you to investigate the area. If you come across it, try to take it down but if you are in need of backup, send the signal and a team will be over right away.”

You were clearly in a state of shock as you took in the order while General Park raised a brow, not amused by your reaction.

“You will accomplish this, right? Even if your life ends up in danger.”

What he uttered was not exactly what you wanted to hear from your own father but you overlooked the trace of pain that scarred your heart.

“I shall capture it even if I die.”

His brown orbs glistened for an instant to expose he was pleased before he directed you to leave the headquarters without delay and commence your mission. Walking out the room with a neutral look, you detected that numerous others soldiers, who were appointed as the team to aid you, were judging your form with a glint that clearly stated they had no faith of you succeeding in such a mission.

“s,” You muttered under your breath as you shot them a glare before you proceeded towards the exit of the bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter