Chapter 3

Telling her that I love her

 

“Jessica...” I murmured, too shocked and scared by her current state to be able to say much more.

I tugged her arm, pulling her into a hug, slipping my arms around her waist. I held onto her tightly, trying to communicate all the unsaid questions clouding around my head to her through my actions. I hoped, no, I wished, pleaded, begged with all my heart that she would eventually be able to get over this without being hurt any further. My arms let go of her and reached up to gently graze my finger against her wet face, wiping away tears. I jerked my hand away as she started to say something.

“Taeyeon, you actually came all the way here..? Why..?”

Her hoarse voice grated against my heart, it sounded even worse in person than on the phone. , maybe she doesn’t want me around...

“Yeah, I did. I couldn’t stand to think that you were all alone...

 Do you want me to leave..?”

My voice trailed off and faltered, I looked her up and down. I didn’t know what else to say. I couldn’t just say that I came here because all I wanted to do was to love her and comfort her, could I..? A ghost of a smile seemed to touch the corners of her lips, and her eyes brightened ever so subtly.

“No, don’t go. I want someone with me. I’m just confused…okay?”

I nodded, reached for her hand and squeezed it tightly.She doesn’t mind me! She doesn’t mind that I came all the way here, she didn’t push me away or anything. She actually wants me to stay with her. She led me inside her room, which represented exactly how she looked. Pillows, used tissues, chocolate wrappers and papers lay strewn all over her room

“Sorry, for the mess, I guess? I wasn’t expecting anyone to come.”

She settled on her bed, cross-legged, patting on one part of it for me to sit on. I lay down next to her instead, wanting to be closer to her. She leaned against me and snuggled her head against my shoulder. I took her hand and began to absentmindedly trace it out, thinking about what to say next.

I opened my mouth, beginning to speak, “So I should take it that you aren’t alright in any way possible now, are you?”

“What do you think?”

“Noted. What actually happened, though?”

“I don’t know…everything was fine yesterday night, I called to wish Tiff-  her, goodnight, the usual. Then this morning, she sent me a message saying, ‘I’m not sure anymore.’ I tried to ask her why, but she just avoided giving me a reason. I have no idea what I did wrong and the next thing I know, she’s-  she’s, asking to bre- break up with me.” She took a deep breath and continued on.

“Then she started ignoring my messages, all of them. The most that I understand is that she just lost and forgot her feelings for me, I suppose? There’s a guy named Siwon, he’s brought her out for lunch a few times. I don’t know, but I’m guessing she fell for someone else. I’m just hoping for that and that I didn’t hurt her or do anything wrong… Aish, I’m not sure about anything.”

What the hell did I just hear? Tiffany just hurt Jessica, just killed her emotionally, literally. And she didn’t even bother to call? How I wish I could hit her right now and knock some sense into her. Doesn’t she have any sense of respect for Jessica’s feelings? After all the time they’ve spent together?

“Hey, hey, you mean she just ended it, just like that, through texts?”

Jessica nodded mutely.