Chapter 1

Telling her that I love her

 

. I recalled the text message conversation I had with her roommate.

Yoona: Are you back from japan yet?^^

Me: Nope~ But I’m going back later tonight.. :)

Yoona: Oh. :(

Me: why the sad face? :O

Yoona: Because we miss you!^^ And Jessica needs your support.. She got dumped by Tiffany.. :/

Oh. Oh. Oh. No. That didn’t happen. No it didn’t. Disbelief clouded my mind as my emotions jumbled up. I clutched my phone, the reality of the situation sweeping over me. I started shaking, incapable of a solid, complete thought.Should I be angry? Angry because I had to resign to the fact that Tiffany would always be the one with her and that I had trusted her not to ever hurt Jessica. Or happy? Happy that I would finally have a chance to prove how much she means to me, and maybe love her… Or sad? Sad because she had trusted her heart with someone, and she got hurt instead. But hey. I’m not even supposed to be the messed up one about this.

Time passed in a daze. I was on the plane, in my seat, halfway across to Korea by the time my emotions caught up enough for me to form a reply in my head. I needed to talk to her, I needed to see her, I needed to take care of her.

To: Jessica^^~

Sica?

Taeyeon sent the message as soon as the plane touched down. I got up hurriedly and tried to push my way to the front of the plane, much to the displeasure of the other passengers. It seemed to take forever to get through the customs. I rushed through the airport, tapping my foot impatiently whenever I had to wait. Upon finally leaving the arrival hall, I sprinted to hail the closest taxi outside, completely disregarding the queue. Flinging the door open, I got in and fell back against the seat, taking a breath. I hastily muttered her address to the driver and pulled my phone open, anxious.

-new text message-

Jessica: Yes?

Oh. So now what else was there to actually say..?

To: Jessica^^~

Are you alright? I heard it from yoona..

I flipped my phone over and resigned myself to staring out the window after sending the message. Would she actually want me around at this time? My phone vibrated in my hand, surprising me.

-new text message-

Jessica: I’m just emotionally screwed and I don’t know what to think.. Other than that, I suppose I’m fine.

I paused, unsure of how to reply.

To: Jessica^^~

Aish. Can I do anything, anything at all?

The reply was immediate this time round.

Jessica: There’s no need, taeng. Knowing that you care is enough for me..

To: Jessica^^~

hm.. remember the giant bear I got you for your birthday? There’s a reason for that, y’know. Go hug it, since I can’t give you a hug right now, okay sica? ^^

Satisfied with my reply, I tucked my phone into my pocket. I gazed out of the window again, my thoughts running wild through my head. And eventually, I found myself standing outside her apartment building.