III.

HEATHENS :| |: MAKE WAY FOR A NEW GROUP OF HEROES.

MAY 05,2016
the morning is on its way

The night had gone by fast for some and slow for others. Selina and Robin were up most of the night, doing exercises and whatnot. Their rooms were right next to each other and used Morris Code to communicate through the wall. They had 'talked' about how they wanted to escape. Robin had pitched the idea to not go back to the league of assassins. He didn't think it was worth it, Selina didn't really give a straight answer as to what she wanted. After that conversation, they went back to pacing and practicing whatever fight moves. They had been trained to stay awake for longs periods of time. On ocassion the two would check to see if the other was awake.

Another who had a long night was Jae. She had slept for a good two hours before waking up in a cold sweat with no covers on her skin. Most nights would be much louder and filled with screams and her waking everyone up. Back in Korea, she would fall asleep in the padded cell after a few hours of screaming and bashing her body against every wall at least twice. Due to this, she received electroshock therapy to teach her lesson. Jae's memories still stayed with her even after the torture but only made the memories stronger in her mind. She'd close her eyes and all of it would come rushing through her head again giving her that sensation. Of course, no one in the ward truly gave a damn what happened to her; why would they have any sympathy for a murderous clown? Why would anyone care what she'd gone through? Jae lifted herself from her bed and looked in the bag of her belongings until she found her relaxation tool; her black assisted knife. Playing with the knife always relaxed her just like the feeling of when she carved smiles into peoples' faces. Jae sat against the bed with the weapon, running her fingers delicately on the blade before opening and closing the weapon. The moonlight shined through the windows and she could see her reflection on the blade. The scar that forever made people cower fear at the sight of her. Her mind went blank, absentmindedly tracing the scar with the blade ever so gently. She thought back to that horrible moment of seeing the love of her life die right in front of her and then the image of her father flashed in her mind. Jae moved the blade from to her feet and finely moved the blade across her legs, thighs, stomach, chest, heart, head and even her ears. Jae continued this pattern for the rest of the evening. 

Giselle meditated for most of the night. She knew it would take time for her to get used to her new room so it was inevitable that sleep would be an issue for a few nights. Giselle's mind relaxed but still, her mind went back to her husband. His bloody face still engraved in her brain. It was hard when it happened but she had grown used to not having someone by her side since his death and her own capture. Meditating helped pass the time. After doing some meditation, she paced around her room, examining every detail on the walls that enclosed her for the night. She thought back to her father. Wondering what he was thinking and if he even thought about her anymore. From there, Giselle thought about her home back in India. She wondered if her father still lived in the same house or if he had moved after she had been captured. All the beautiful architecture and scenery....she missed it. Sometimes she wished she could turn back time and relive those wonderful years in India. She sighed as she stared out her window with her head resting against the glass. 

Another night owl was awake as well; Eve. Unlike the others, she stayed awake simply because she was reading a book. In the bag of her belongings, the ward had packed some of the books from the library. Eve was the most compliant inmate in Korea so it was a rare but kind gesture from the ward. Eve read to keep her mind off the day's past events. She didn't realize how diverse the group was in everything from backgrounds, powers and even skill sets. Like everyone, she knew about Jae but that was the extent of her knowledge then. 

The sound of the locks changing snapped all of them out of their nightly activities. It was finally 7 in the morning. Giselle was the first to emerge from her room into the empty hallway. She was in a simple beige night gown and robe, walking down the hallway that led to the common area and kitchen. The kitchen had one occupant; Steve Rogers. Dressed in a shirt and some sweatpants, the soldier turned around at the feeling of another presence. Giselle stopped when she noticed the captain.

"Didn't think I'd have company. Morning." he quietly spoke as his lips tugged upwards to show a smile. Giselle smiled back at him while continuing to walk towards the kitchen. 

"Believe it or not, you don't sleep much in prison." Giselle commented as she leaned against the counter, examining Steve's every move. Steve felt her eyes on him but he remembered from her file that she was known to be an observer so continued making himself a cup of coffee. 

"Well there isn't much sleep done around here either. Coffee?" he offered as he poured himself a cup, pointing to the coffee machine as he looked in her direction. 

"Not much of a fan. I'll make myself a tea, thank you though. Do you want me to cook some breakfast?" Giselle offered as she grabbed the kettle from the stove and moved to the sink to pour some water. Steve was taken back by the offer as he sipped on his coffee. Giselle turned around to meet his gaze after turning the stove on to boil the water and softly chuckled seeing his expression of slight shock. 

"I won't poison the food if that's what you're worried about." Giselle lightly joked as she grabbed a pan from the cabinet below the stove and made her way to the fridge to grab some eggs. 

"Giselle, don't take this the wrong way-"
"You don't trust me, I know." Giselle chuckled as she the stove under the pan and cracked an egg. 
"You just-"
"I understand, Captain. It's not worth taking a leap of faith to trust a person like me." Giselle turned around to meet his gaze, walking towards the captain, closing the gap between them, "Listen, it's morning. You haven't done anything to anger me yet so I'm not going to kill you if that's what you're thinking" Giselle smirked as she placed her hands on his chest; she could feel his breathing hitch just a bit at the contact and the closeness of their bodies. Before Steve could respond, someone else came into the room; Jae.

"Interrupting something here?" Jae spoke; her voice slightly muffled by the mask covering . A smirk visible beneath the cloth. Giselle pulled away and returned her attention to the eggs while Steve remained speechless at what had just happened before. Jae entered wearing a simple black tank and black sweatpants, walking barefoot onto the kitchen. The kettle was screaming from the boiling water as if on cue for her entrance. 

"Cap, I thought we agreed you'd stick to wearing shorts." Jae winked as she walked past Steve whom was still frozen. She made her way to the fridge grabbing some orange juice. 
"Are you ever not going to flirt with him?" Giselle commented as she poured the water into a mug and transferred the eggs onto a plate. 
"Probably not. He doesn't age so he stays looking amazing. But hey, why should I get to have all the fun? Seems like you were getting a little cozy with him." Jae commented, voice muffled once again. Steve had managed to just stay silent and continue drinking his coffee; avoiding their presence and simply staring at his own two feet.

"Geez, Cap. When are you not surrounded by women?" Clint's voice rang into the room. Steve let out a chuckled sigh before walking away from the kitchen area and into the common area to continue drinking his coffee. Clint noticed the mask on Jae's face. 
"What's up with the mask, clown?" he asked as he served himself a glass of water. 
"You're all not worthy of seeing my full face so take it as an insult." Jae pulled down the mask and smiled as innocently as she could before hopping onto the counter to continue drinking her orange juice. Clint rolled his eyes at her comment, an action that would become all too common pretty soon.

 

20
oct

author's (lengthy) notes

hey my precious darlings. this is crap i know but i wanted to add some kind of mature and theme to the story as this was originally my intention with the story when i started it. give me some feedback in the comments below and i winged it with the characters and so if you're chara is talked about in this chapter, tell me if i did them justice. also, pm me some things you really want to see in the story or upcoming chapters in regards to training and such. thanks, xoxo shae.