V.

HEATHENS :| |: MAKE WAY FOR A NEW GROUP OF HEROES.

MAY 05,2016
the fun continues

After an hour of watching their new teammates attempt to murder their avenger counterparts, it was their turn to show the avengers what they could do. Lucius was hoping to end up with Wanda as his partner as she was the closest one possessing the same powers. Furaha was rather excited to show what she could do but it would be hard for her without her wings. Her wings were disabled by another bracelet that she wore. The Avengers figured it would be best if she stayed with it on as she was most likely a flight risk. She didn't know who her sparring partner was but she was hoping that it would be Sam. Hella was in no mood to spar. All she could think of was her Thor. She was pondering as to why he hadn't been informed and why he wouldn't be. She figured that he would at least want to know how she was doing. Raaya was also one that wasn't in the mood to fight. It was entertainment enough seeing Tony scream in pain from just the mere stare of Giselle. She made a point to try and befriend her if even possible. Gramercy was the most excited to spar with an avenger. She was a bit let down when she heard the Captain was taken as she felt he was the best equal to fight her. 

The blue barriers came down to signal that training was over for the ten members. Tony half limped out of the gym, pain still present in his groin and thigh area. Steve and Eve walked out side by side, discussing what they would work on next session. Robin waited for Selina to be by his side before walking out. Jae grabbed hold of her mask as she walked out. The last one out was Giselle who simply grabbed a water bottle before letting down her hair and walking out, she felt a pair of eyes on her and so she looked up; finding the pair that stared her down. The gym was also in sight from the lab where Dr. Banner had decided to stay for observing purposes; he wanted to see how each of the new members fought and was interested in them from the moment he read their files. Giselle and Hella were the most powerful of the bunch and so Bruce kept a closer eye on them than the others. When Bruce caught her eyes, he snapped out of whatever trance he was in and turned away with his face burning red. Giselle only smiled as she'd seen fear in everyone who looked at her but Bruce wasn't truly afraid of her. It was something that she hadn't seen in a long time; pure interest.

"Shadow boy, you're with Wanda. Hella, you're with Vision. Gramercy with Bucky. Furaha you're with Rhodey. And Raaya, you're with Wilson. Have fun." Tony spoke over the intercom in the observatory room where the named personel were. Gramercy perked up at being partnered with Bucky. He was the Winter Soldier; known to be lethal and highly trained by Hydra. She figured he would be better than the Captain. 

The group made their way to the gym and to their desired spots for sparring. Gramercy picked a corner to spar with Bucky. Bucky had barely said a word to her although she expected him to be quiet. "Don't be afraid to hold back. I enjoy a challenge. soldier." she winked as she stretched before seeing the blue barriers go up in which she got into a fighting stance. Bucky mimicked her stance as the two began to spar. Gramercy gave everything she had to Bucky. While his metal arm was a bit of advantage, Gramercy never complained. She managed to get a few good hits to his face and mid section while taking some herself. Bucky didn't say anything and continued to focus his attention on her fighting. He admitted to himself that she was a lot better than Steve as she was ruthless; it was refreshing for him. He knew Steve didn't like hitting him but Gramercy had no problem with that and there was barely any talking except the two going back and forth saying 'Again.' to go for another round. 

Furaha was in a baby pink tank and some gray sweatpants with her hair in a bun. She reminded herself that this was a way for her to work on her fighting without her powers. She knew that all the time in the ward made her weak and lose some of her fighting skills. She stretched before motioning to Rhodey to begin when she saw the barriers go up. Rhodey knew that she was highly trained as a warrior and figured she would be a good break from Tony's comments. The two sparred quite well. Rhodey expected her to be a bit more challenging but she was a perfect match in fighting terms. Furaha only wished that Rhodey wore his suit so she could really show off her powers. "Focus more on where you're hitting. You're too easy to read." Rhodey commented when on a water break. Furaha only scoffed before walking up to him, taking sips of her water before kicking him in the abdomen, causing him to hit the barrier. "Like that?" Furaha could only smirk at the sight before her; Rhodey groaning in pain.

Raaya and Sam went to a corner of the gym to spar. Sam was clearly nervous about sparring with Raaya to which the female found amusing. "What's the matter, Wilson? Cat got your tongue?" she cheekily commented as she prepared herself for a fight. Sam could only breathe and hope that she wouldn't turn into her cheetah form to fight. He didn't have his wings on him as Steve and Tony agreed that it would be focusing on not using their powers and working more on their fighting skills. Raaya used his nervous mood to her advantage. "I won't bite, Wilson." Raaya purred before lunging herself towards him with a punch. Sam merely dodged the punch before fighting back. Wilson eased up soon after as he saw that Raaya had no intention of using her cheetah form to fight him. After their sparring, Wilson was impressed with her skills. She obviously possessed superhuman abilities that gave her an advantage but it's something she can always improve on. "Not bad, Raaya. Thought you were going to go all Cheetah on me at the beginning." "Believe me, Wilson - that was just a preview of what I can do."

Hella made it very clear that she didn't want to spar. She didn't want to do anything with Vision. Vision tried to explain that it was important and part of the deal she has with the Avengers and the government. This only made Hella break into a fit of laughter before changing to a cold demeanor. "I am not a servant to you, the avengers, or the government. I did not choose to be here. Do you know how important I am? I help Asgardian souls get to where they need to. Without me, nothing can be done! Now, I suggest you let me be until Thor is here to take me away from this-this place!" Vision went to put a hand on her shoulder as she began walking away but she quickly reacted with her magic hitting him. Vision continued to go after her and used his own powers on her causing a light to burst when her magic and the infinity stone made contact. Hella refused to do anything physical with Vision and eventually broke her way out of the barriers to her room. 

Lucius and Wanda stationed themselves at the center of the gym. Wanda knew that she had to get Lucius to trust her as his mind was still pitch black each time she peeked. Lucius didn't seem too excited to anything with her. Wanda didn't want to spar with him but focus more on gaining his trust. It was important with his powers given the level of danger he could cause and also from his volatile personality when sober. "You need to trust me, Lucius." Wanda spoke as she faced her partner. Lucius dryly chuckled. "Trust you? How can I when I'm here against my will, being used as some kind of tool, threatened to go back in rot in a dumb cell? Trust is the last thing you're getting from me, witch." Lucius coldly spoke although he didn't want to call Wanda a witch. He liked her the most out of all the avengers but his anger and frustrations for his current situation clouded everything. Wanda sighed as she looked at Lucius. He had a point. Why should he trust her? He was nothing but a tool that the government chose to use to do their work. "I know it's hard but if you want to get better then you'll have to let me in. None of you want to be here but you have to make the most with what you have now." Wanda explained before everything went pitch black. Everyone stopped what they were doing until the light came back. When the light returned, Lucius was gone from Wanda's sight. Bruce alerted Tony of Lucius' stunt. Wanda left the gym to look for him and was relieved that he was in his room. She told Tony and that was the end of their training for the day. 

 

15
jan

author's (idiot) notes

hey so this isn't as long as i hoped it was but that's because i get so damn distracted so easily by all the comic stuff so i apologize if this isn't the best chapter of the year. comment down below what you guys think and if i did your characters justice! side note; ryan potter did a very tim drake thing and ben affleck needs to cast him as robin/tim drake because the world needs the batfam. y'all - if jason todd appears in the dccu anytime soon, i will cry as jason is my baby. i just need a film where it showcases how unqualified bruce is as a father while his sons just sass each other nonstop. it would be a beautiful comedy, don't ya think? anyways okay bye xoxo