Prologue

❊ ARORA ❊ BigHit Entertainment's new Girl Group ❊

 

 

CHEOLMIN

 

 

 

"We're rushing with this."

Bang Sihyuk raised his eyes from the computer screen and looked at him through thickly rimmed eye-glasses. "Why?"

"Why are we rushing with those girls? I don't know. You tell me."

The office may have been spacious, but it wasn't enough to contain Sihyuk's stare. "Don't use that tone on me, Park Cheolmin."

Cheolmin took the full force of the director's stare. He couldn't back down. He had a point to prove. Besides, he was almost used to what was known as the Bang Death Stare by now. Almost. "You know they're not ready. I know they're not ready. Even they know they're not ready. So why are we going through with this idea in the first place?"

"Because, if there was one thing I learnt during my career, is that you don't achieve greatness without taking risks."

"Please," Cheolmin scoffed loudly. "Don't give me that motivational bull teenage girls write in their diaries. I thought you were better than that."

Sihyuk sighed, rubbing at his temples. The Bang Death Stare was gone, for now. "And I thought you were better than disrespecting your superiors and elders. But apparently we were both wrong."

Cheolmin crossed his arms on his chest. The director had always been difficult – it was no news for him. Despite being one of the funniest, most caring and outgoing people Cheolnim had known, when Bang Sihyuk was fixed on something, there was no going back from it. Nothing, nothing was going to make the director change his mind.

But he knew he was right about this. This stupid chase after an invisible clock was tiring him, and it only just begun.

"We can't afford another flop." He decided to try a different approach. "Not after what happened to GLAM. Do you want another scandal? I can already see it: 'Big Hit Entertainment debuts the worst girl group in history'."

Big Hit really couldn't afford another flop. While the Bangtan Boys had risen to immense popularity and had brought the company thrice the income as all their other artists combined, they were the only ones that have reached fame. Homme... Homme were good, but Homme were the only other group relatively bringing any income to the company. And even they - with the Changmin of 2AM - were no match for BTS.

Other than them... there were no one. Literally. 2AM left. 8Eight disbanded. Lee Jeong Hee was in the process of ending her contract and leaving the company. The last straw was GLAM, with that ridiculous blackmail scandal. Cheolmin still grimaced every time he thought of that. 

Some thought Big Hit was a sinkng ship. Trainees - valuble, promising trainees like Iron and Hwang Eunbi and Jo Sojin - had allready left the company, afraid of the dark future they were sure hung over Big Hit's name. Other trainees were still debating. Others, even if they weren't going to leave, still had their doubts. Other companies smelt these doubts like sharks smell blood, and had already begun acting in order to try and make as much profit as possible out of the situation.

And that was why Cheolmin knew Big Hit Entertainment simply couldn't afford another flop. And that was why had a point to make to Bang Sihyuk.

But Bang Sihyuk was fixed on not listening to reason.

"You don't like those girls in particular, do you Cheolmin?" Sihyuk raised a brow. A ghost of a smirk colored his face, his lips streching ever-so-slightly.

"I have nothing against them. I just don't want a black mark on my career."

The director chuckled. "Anyway, it's too late for your concerns. I already saw some articles. People think we're trying to make them ride the wave of fame BTS has created."

"But it's true. That's exactly what we're trying to do."

Like a professional diplomat, Sihyuk didn't comment. He continued as if Cheolmin had never said anything in the first place. "They are talented girls. Of course, there is always room for improvement, I can agree with that. ­You are their manager, Cheolmin, so even though I think they are ready, you are the one who decides."

Cheolmin let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Thank you-"

"And you still have three whole months to make them ready for debut."

Damn it. Damn Bang Sihyuk. Damn him and his stupid stubbornness.

Cheolmin felt like banging his head against the table. He figured it would bring more results than speaking with the director.

"They won't be ing ready in three months!" He protested in a quiet sneer.

"Oh, they will be." Shiyuk looked at him, straight in the eye, and suddenly it was oh-so-very clear why he was in charge of everything. Despite his easy-going nature, moments like this - where he  was serious and professional and looked like he could be in charge of all of South Korea - proved Cheolmin exactly why he was Hitman Bang, the CEO of BigHit. "Because if not, I will demand answers. And you will be the one I'll demand them from."

Cheolmin held the director's gaze strongly, even if it was the last thing he wanted. Animal Care class had once taught him to never stop looking a predator in the eyes, for it will surely attack. The last thing he wanted right now was for "Hitman Bang" to attack him.

"…Fine." He said at last.

He still remembered the goodbye-party that was thrown for GLAM's manager. It wasn't pretty.

 

 


 

 

 

EDIT: fixed the layout so it's now readble on phones.

 

A/N:

So this is the prologue ^^ 
Even though it's relatively short, this is a sample of my writing and a teaser to encourage applying for the fanfic.

As you may have already known from the Updates page, plotlines #3, #4 and #6 are officially closed for applying. That is because all nine applicants so far have applied for only those plotlines, and the other three are currently without any applicants at all. I want to be able to start the story by the end of the month, and for that I need applicants for all positions.

So please people, send apps for plotlines #1, #2 and #5. I swear they don't bite ;)

I hope you like the prologue. Please comment with your thoughts - what you thought was good, what was bad. That is my way of improving, and I would love to see your thoughts <3