2

The Fireman

 

It couldn't be called morning since it was almost 11 AM, the captain had just woken up from his peaceful sleep. He might sleep until 3PM if he wanted to, but the smell of smoked beef forced him to open his eyes. His belly growled, he had no choice but to get up from his comfy bed. Baekhyun was no longer beside him, he was sure Baekhyun was the one who cooking in his kitchen. The captain walked to his kitchen, yawning widely as he still half awake half asleep.

 

 

"Morning, nurse." He whispered as he spotted the tiny nurse in front of the stove and quickly embraced the smaller male tightly from behind, resting his chin on the smaller's shoulder.

 

 

"Morning, Yeol." Baekhyun answered, chuckling softly at the hoarse voice of the taller male behind him. Chanyeol's voice when he just woke up was really hilarious, Baekhyun always laughed at that hoarse and cracked voice of Chanyeol's. "Actually, it's almost afternoon." Baekhyun corrected.

 

 

"Whatever." Chanyeol answered before placing a soft kiss on Baekhyun's shoulder. "Smells good."

 

 

"Well, i put the right ingredients this time-"

 

 

"No, not the food. I mean, you. You smell like honey."

 

 

"Oh come on. Stop that." Baekhyun nudged Chanyeol off him as he tried to put the beef on the big plate. "I'm not even bathe yet, heh." He grinned. He also woke up a bit late this morning, he had no time to take a shower since he promised himself to cook a breakfast for the captain. He knew the captain needs to eat something healthy, since he was a captain. And he didn't want the captain to skip any breakfast or meal. Baekhyun placed the plate on the small dinning table. "Take a seat and let's eat."

 

 

Chanyeol sat on one of the seats before grabbing the fork, he waited Baekhyun to settle down onto the seat and began to eat their late breakfast. "This is lunch, to be honest." Chanyeol said, munching the beef.

 

 

"Well, just pretend this is a breakfast, shall we?" Baekhyun grinned, earning a nod from the captain in front of him. He frowned as he saw the captain put a big piece of beef on his plate. "I don't want it, it's too big." Baekhyun said.

 

 

"You should eat a lot, shortie."

 

 

"But this is too big, i will end up throw it up." Baekhyun tried to put the beef back to its place. But Chanyeol's fork was fast enough to block the beef out off Baekhyun's plate. "Chanyeol!" Baekhyun whined in annoyance.

 

 

"Eat it."

 

 

"But-"

 

 

"Eat it or i will eat you." He warned, gazing the smaller male intently, smirk formed on his smug face.

 

 

"What the fish. Ugh." Baekhyun groaned and quickly eat the beef on his plate, avoiding Chanyeol's eyes. They may already sleep together on one bed, they may shared some kisses in here and there but they never gone too far like having or rather Baekhyun said, make love. Even a or were the last thing on their mind. Baekhyun's mind, to be honest. Chanyeol was obviously had ever thinking about it but he didn't want to freaking Baekhyun out. Chanyeol knew so well that they had no status, they weren't a couple, that's why Chanyeol had no guts to do the most intimate thing. Chanyeol respected Baekhyun so much, he treated the smaller male like a porcelain and precious jewelry. 

 

 

 

Chanyeol laughed, he saw the soft blush grazing Baekhyun's cheeks. Shy Baekhyun was Chanyeol's favorite. "Good boy." He leaned closer to Baekhyun and ruffled Baekhyun's hair, making the latter frowned while eating the beef angrily. "Do you have to work today? Can't you just stay with me?" Chanyeol suddenly said in a sad tone. 

 

 

"Oh come on, captain. We know, you also need to go to the department this evening. So what's the point for me to stay here without you in here, heh?" He asked, wiped the corner of his mouth as he finished his late breakfast. Chanyeol frowned. Baekhyun was right, he needed to go back to his department. Meanwhile Baekhyun needed to go back to hospital in one hour. Chanyeol hated it.

 

 

"Can't you tell them that you will come late. I will take you there. We can go together in the evening."

 

 

"Obviously i can't, dumby. I have my responsibility to come on time."  Baekhyun chuckled at the captain's dumbness. He stood up and brought his plate to the sink, followed by the captain who looked like a lost puppy behind him.

 

 

"Okay okay. Let me drive you to the hospital then?" Baekhyun nodded gratefully. "Have you taken a bath?"

 

 

"I told you already, i haven't take a bath yet. Give me your plate, i will wash the dishes." He snatched Chanyeol's plate and began to wash the dishes. "Go bath first." He commanded the captain but got no response from the captain beside him. The captain tried to help Baekhyun instead. He stood behind the smaller one and washed the plate in Baekhyun's hands, back hugging the smaller one purposefully. "Oh dear god. This is gross. Do you think this is some kind of cheesy drama, huh? Get off." Baekhyun laughed and sprayed the water to Chanyeol's face.

 

 

"Don't do that. The water is dirty!"

 

 

"Look at you, being a spoiled kid when to be honest you and the dirt are friends in every fire incident."

 

 

"That's different, princess. Hurry finish this so we can take a bath together." The captain winked before getting a slap on the arm.

 

 

 

 

 🔥🔥🔥

 

 

 

 

"See you around, nurse Byun!" Chanyeol waved from his motorcycle, watching the nurse ran into the hospital building. Baekhyun was running late, blame Chanyeol for that. Chanyeol kept insisting to take a bath together and Baekhyun had to kick Chanyeol's leg so he could run to the bathroom without Chanyeol following behind. Baekhyun was still too shy to openly being in front of Chanyeol. Even though, the captain had already seen him half , but not his private area down there.

 

 

Chanyeol went back to his house, feeling empty out of the blue. He, then, realized how dependent himself on the nurse. He used to have Baekhyun around him these past months in his house. He looked around his house, it wasn't as messy as last night. He sighed. "You are not a maid in here, Baekhyun." He muttered to himself and began to collect the newspapers that spreading on his table and put them all in one place. He saw a yellow note on the tv screen, it was from Baekhyun. He knew Baekhyun's handwriting very well. He took it and read it. Once again, he sighed. He was annoyed by the nurse's behaviour. He hated it when the nurse take care of his house. 

 

 

He cook for Chanyeol, do the laundry, tidying every rooms, buy groceries, everything. He hated it. At least, the nurse should have asked Chanyeol to do it or help him instead of doing it by himself. It looked like Baekhyun had a responsibility to do it, which was not. Baekhyun wasn't his maid, wasn't his assistant, wasn't his mother and he was not his lover. Even though someday Baekhyun would be his boyfriend he won't Baekhyun to do all the chores by himself especially if it was about the captain's house. Baekhyun was special, and the captain wanted Baekhyun to take care of himself first before he take a good care of him. Baekhyun was important.

 

 

He got inside the laundry room to see that his laundry was done like what the note said. Baekhyun's shirt was the first thing he noticed. Chanyeol tilted his head. The laundry was done, so why Baekhyun didn't take his shirt with him? Grinned to himself, Chanyeol think that Baekhyun would come back to his house when his shift was over. The thought of having Baekhyun in his house made the captain excited. He loved Baekhyun staying in his house.

 

 

 

 

🔥🔥🔥

 

 

 

"Capt! The police called and-"

 

 

"Where is it?" Chanyeol just arrived at the fire department when one of his firemen came and gave him a not-finished news. The fireman blinked as he saw his captain quickly change to his uniform, ready to run to the fire truck.

 

 

"Wait, capt! Where are you going?"

 

 

"To where the fire incident is happening, of course." He answered in annoyance, as if the question was really dumb.

 

 

"There's no fire incident, capt." The fireman chuckled. "The police called and they said they need to talk to you, they asked you to go to the police station."

 

 

"That's it?" The fireman nodding and said a firm yes as the answer to his captain. "Why didn't they call my phone though? They know my number."

 

 

"Hm. i don't know, capt."

 

 

"Okay, thankyou Sehun. Go back to work." He commanded. "Oh, Sehun!" He called again. Once the said man turn to face him, he continued. "I will go to the police station now, don't forget to call me if there is fire incident. Also, tell the other firemen to be ready. We don't know when will the fire happens."

 

 

 

 

🔥🔥🔥

 

 

 

 

The police station wasn't that crowded, it was oddly calm. Chanyeol wondered, did bad guys change into good guys now?

 

 

"Evening, capt!" One of the police officers greeted Chanyeol. "Coffee?" 

 

 

"No, thanks." Chanyeol rejected politely. The officer was a kinda fat old man with a thick eyebrows, holding a cup of coffee and a bitten doughnut. "And evening to you too, Mr. Sooman. May i know where is Mr. Kim?"

 

 

"Ah, Kim Jongin?" Chanyeol nodded. "He is in his room, he is waiting for someone and i supposed it must be you." He grinned and took a bite of his doughnut. Chanyeol nodded once again. Actually the way Sooman munch his doughnut made Chanyeol craving for one. He noted to himself that he would buy a box of doughnut for him and Baekhyun later at home. Chanyeol thanked the old man in front of him, bowing his head before excusing himself to Jongin's room. 

 

 

The room was placed down on the hallway, wasn't that far from the main door of that building. Some policies greeted him as he walked to the room, and of course he greeted them back. First knock on Jongin's room was left unanswered, he was about to knock again but a loud scream echoed. Chanyeol startled. He had an urge to open the door but he knew everything behind the door was privacy. He couldn't get inside the room without the owner permission unless it was an urgent situation. Now he confused, is it an urgent or not? How if someone attacking Mr. Kim? He had no choice.

 

 

Chanyeol opened the door in the same time someone from inside the room screamed once more. "I DON'T KNOW! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I DIDN'T DO IT!!" The scream was loud and Chanyeol could hear the sob clear enough once he got inside the room.

 

 

"What's happening in here?" Chanyeol asked. He looked at the boy who was facing Mr. Kim. He recognized the boy.

 

 

"Oh Chanyeol, you are here." Jongin greeted him from behind the desk, standing and facing the boy with his hands oh his hips. His face looked super tired. His hair was messy, same goes to his shirt and tie. His presence screamed tired. "Take a seat." Chanyeol did what he had told, he sat down next to the boy who was sobbing. The boy didn't even glance at him. He looked at Jongin and mouthing a why to the police man. "Long story." He said softly. "Kyungsoo." He called the boy, but got ignored. "Kyungsoo." He called again a bit louder but still no response. Jongin sighed. "Chanyeol, do you remember him?"

 

 

"Yeah, the boy from that last night incident. Why is he in here, anyway? Does he fully recovered?"

 

 

"This morning, he ran away from the hospital. The hospital called us for help and we found him near his house. We had informed the hospital and was about to bring him back but he didn't want to go back. Not wanting the boy run away for the second time, we decided to bring him here. That's why he is here." Chanyeol heard the story while looking at the sobbing boy beside him.

 

 

"Hey." Chanyeol nudged the boy's leg playfully, wanting his attention. "What's your name again? Kyungsoo is it?" He got no response. "Are you okay? Do you feel dizzy or something like that?" The boy still looked down, didn't bother to look up nor answer Chanyeol. "Do you want to eat, Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol sighed as the boy only sobbing.

 

 

"Chanyeol, we need to talk." Jongin said in serious tone.

 

 

"Sure."

 

 

"Not here, let's go outside." Jongin walked out of the room, leading Chanyeol. Once Chanyeol got out of the room, he closed the door tight, not wanting the boy to eavesdrop. "So Chanyeol, this case isn't an easy case like we've been thought before." He said in hushed tone. "I interrogated him awhile ago, and when i asked him what did he cook, he said he didn't cook anything. And i asked again, did he turn on the stove, he said he didn't touch the stove last night. He went to his bedroom once he arrived at home, not even went to the kitchen."

 

 

"Does that mean the stove before he got home?"

 

 

"No, he arrived at home around 4PM, right after his class. And the fire incident was around 8PM. If the stove before 4PM then the fire would began around 6PM, right?" Jongin explained, earning a nod from Chanyeol in agreement. Fire took around 2 hours to getting big, if it was unnoticed. "It's impossible if the fire take 4 hours to be wild."

 

 

"What about the fingerprint on the stove?"

 

"That's the odd thing. There is no fingerprints on it. It was either the person wore gloves or the fire wiped off the fingerprints."

 

 

"So, the boy wasn't the one who caused the fire?"

 

 

"We are not sure yet. We still working in this case."

 

 

"His family? Parents?"

 

 

"We also still looking for his family. And he kept saying i don't know everytime we asked something, even about his family. It's like he had been abandoned by his family. My crews are finding some informations from his neighbours right now."

 

 

"Ah. ." Chanyeol nodded, he was curious and confused in the same time. "So, what do you need from me? What can i help you?" 

 

 

"I wanted to ask you if you and your team found something inside the house, especially you. You went inside the house when the fire happened, right?"

 

 

"Yes, but i didn't see anything last night, i was focus on that boy."

 

 

"Maybe you can ask your team?"

 

 

"Sure, i will ask them once i go back to the department." Chanyeol said, he would do anything to help the police. He was about to leave when Jongin grabbed his arm.

 

 

"Wait!" Chanyeol stopped and looked at Jongin, question marks all over Chanyeol's face. "Do me a favor, Chanyeol." He said, letting go of Chanyeol's arm. "Keep this boy in your house."

 

 

 

 🔥🔥🔥

 

 

 

Chanyeol was back to the department, he sat on his desk, thinking about the favor Jongin asked. He'd love to accept the offer, Jongin also told him it was only a few days until they found the boy's family. But, he wasn't completely alone in his house. Baekhyun was there, sometimes. He didn't want Baekhyun to feel uncomfortable by the stranger's presence. He grabbed his phone and made a phone call to Baekhyun, but as he expected, the nurse didn't answer his call. The nurse probably left his phone in his locker.

 

 

"Capt!" One of his team members opened the door before knocking the door. The captain rolled his eyes at 's behavior. No matter how many times the captain told them to knock before entering the room, they always open the door first and then knock it once the door opened. "The hospital!"

 

 

"What's wrong?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"The hospital is on fire!"


 a/n:

 

*drum rolls* will everything okay in the next chap? i also have no idea.

i know this story kinda weird and also this chap is kinda short, but i will try my best for thw future chappies!

 

forgive my typos and grammatical errors juseyo <3

THANKYOU FOR READING! i kinda need some inspiration for the next chap, maybe some of you are kind enough to give me some idea in comment? ehe. 

 

sincerely,

vin.