1

The Fireman

 

 

The sky filled with the cloud of smoke, a loud glass crashing down could be heard echoed along with people screaming, asking for help. The fire was already bigger than before as the sirens of some fire trucks getting closer to the burning house.

 

 

A team of firemen hopped off the truck and quickly rescued people around the fire, some of the firemen were busy pulling the fire hogs closer to the wild fire. And some commands were threw out by the captain who was wearing a fog nozzle and breathing apparatus on his back, ready to get inside the house to see if the place was clear or not. 

 

 

He banged the door for a couple times, once the door crashed open, he ran inside. Smoke was everywhere, he couldn't figure out anything in the house as all of the furniture was being eaten by the wild fire. He ran from one room to another room, searching for a living thing, either human or animal. He hopped up to the upstairs, it was difficult to get onto the second floor, some things were falling down, attacking the captain who was luckily fast enough to dodge every burnt things. He saw a closed door and quickly kikcked the door, it only took the captain one kick and the door was opened. There was a person laid helplessly on the ground, near the bed. He ran to the unconscious person, it was a boy, and he put his fog nozzle on the boy's nose, letting him to breath an oxygen. The captain threw the boy over his shoulder, running out of the bedroom. 

 

 

The stairs crashed down as the captain stepped onto it, making him fall hard onto the first floor. Lucky for them, the stairs wasn't that high. He groaned, it wasn't that high but it was still hurt. He sure his ankle got sprained, he looked over the boy who accidentally fell from his shoulder. He was a firefighter, he needed to save people's life, he needed to take the boy out of this earth's hell. He crawled to the unconscious boy, ignoring the pain on his ankle, he quickly put the fog nozzle back to the boy's nose, that fell off from his nose, and carried him. Despite how limping he was, he still managed to get out of the house with the boy safe in his arms.

 

 

The nurses from an ambulance that came along with the fire trucks helped the captain, laying the unconscious boy onto the emergency bed and the other nurse gave the captain an oxygen mask. "Are you okay?" The nurse asked and received a nod from the captain. Once the captain think the oxygen was enough for him, he stepped in to help his team taming the wild fire.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The fire was gone, people were still gathering in front of the burnt house and the firemen still cleaned the mess. "Park, how was it?" The police asked the captain, they came right after the fire trucks come.

 

 

"Was really chaos, but good." The captain said, wiped his face with a damp towel to get rid of the dirty he got from the smoke. There were some tiny scratches all around his face but it seemed like it didn't bother the captain that much.

 

 

"Go to the nurse, you got plenty scratches. We, the police, are really thankful and grateful by your hard work with your team. We are going to working on this case to find out the reason of this fire."

 

 

"Don't mention it, that's our duty as firefighters. Oh Sir Kim, my team found something. Maybe it can help you."

 

 

"What's that?"

 

 

"The stove. It was still when we checked. I guess, this is only an accident. No one at home but that boy." He pointed at the ambulance next to them, making the police looked over to the ambulance, to the unconscious boy who was being treated by the nurse. "I guess he fell asleep without turning the stove off."

 

 

"Thankyou so much, Park. You really helped me a lot. We will find other evidences to make it clear. Thankyou so much once again for you and your team." He patted the captain's arm before running to the house, jumping over the police line. The fireman captain was close to the officers and detectives in the police station since firemen were really needed for them. Their job wasn't only to protect people from fire but also doing civil service, public service and also public safety. firemen were really an important figure for citizen.

 

 

The captain walked over to the ambulance, looking at the unconscious boy. The boy looked really weak, his pale skin was a bit dark because of the cloud of smoke inside his house. His breathing was steady unlike before, probably the nurse had treated him by giving some medical emergency treats and CPR. He saw some nurses treating his team that got bruises or scratches or lacking of oxygen. Most of the nurses were men. In fire incident, men were way tougher than women. The captain still watching the unconscious boy from top to toe, checking if there were any wounds. The boy's condition wasn't that bad, if it was bad he would've gone to the hospital with the ambulance. "Chanyeol-ah." The captain looked over his shoulder to see the nurse who gave him an oxygen mask before. "Let me treat you, you got scratches." The nurse held the captain's shoulder, asking him to turn around to face him. The captain turned around and sat on the back of the ambulance, letting the nurse treating his face. He looked at the feature of the nurse's face, they were too close but the captain was used to it, he even enjoyed it. The nurse, who was standing in front of the sitting captain, bent a little to take a better view of the captain's face. "You got me a heart attack when you didn't come out for like half of an hour."

 

 

"Hey, i'm the captain here. Fire can't eat me that easy, Baekhyun." He grinned, pulling the nurse closer to him by the waist. Baekhyun widened his eyes and pushed the captain away from him before looking around, afraid if someone looking.

 

 

"Stop that, Chanyeol. We are working!" He hissed, annoyance could be seen on his face. Chanyeol only laughed, find it cute. 

 

 

The captain was in a romantic relationship with the nurse, well he thought. Honestly, they weren't a couple. They had no status, they didn't know what are they in their relationship. They indeed looked like lovers but none of them wanted a string. 

 

 

"Captain, we are done. Let's go back!" One of his firemen shouted at him. The other firemen were ready on their fire trucks, waiting for their captain.

 

 

"I'll see you later. You coming tonight?" Chanyeol stood up.

 

 

"I'll see the situation first. Don't you need to stay in your department?" Baekhyun said, putting back all the first aid kit into the ambulance.

 

 

"Ah, you are right. But i can try to finish my work real fast and go home right after." He said, wanting Baekhyun to say yes.

 

 

Baekhyun faced Chanyeol and smiled at him, sweet and soft. "You've worked really hard tonight, you did a great job and you are, once again, saving someone's life. Congratulations, hero." He chuckled. It was rarely to see the nurse being sweet when they were still working. It melted Chanyeol's heart, the urge to kiss the nurse in front of him was as big as the fire before. But he knew, he couldn't kiss him in front of his team, in front of the other nurses.

 

 

"I wish you will come to my place later. See you, Baekhyun-ah." He grinned. He should have gone to his fire truck, but no, he was still there. Watched Baekhyun and the other nurses to get inside the ambulance, he wanted to make sure Baekhyun get into the ambulance safely. Once the ambulance drove off, he walked to the fire truck where his team looked at him with a knowing look. "What? Get this truck move, hurry." He said sternly, covering his embarrassment. Little did he knew, his team had already known about his feeling towards the tiny nurse.

 

 

 

 

 

🔥🔥🔥

 

 

 

 

 

"Capt, you can go home. We will take care of this case." 

 

 

"Are you sure, Sehun? It's okay, we can work this-"

 

 

"No, it's okay. You've done a lot for us, it's time for us to return your kindness, capt." Chanyeol looked at his team work. It was already 11 PM and they just arrived at the fire department. He wanted to go home but he wasn't sure Baekhyun will come to his place, Baekhyun had a curfew, perhaps. He wanted to stay in the department, but it had been almost 3 days he had no a proper sleep. It was only a few minutes of sleep before an important call calling for his duty. Unlike his team works, they could switch shifts between each other to get a proper rest. Meanwhile Chanyeol, he was the captain, and he couldn't be replaced, it was hard for him to take a break. Chanyeol nodded gratefully at his team work, saying a short thankyou before dashing off to his black sport motorcycle.

 

 

Chanyeol fished his phone, and made a phone call as he hopped up onto his motorcycle. "Hello, is nurse Byun Baekhyun has a night shift?" Chanyeol asked through the phone, waiting for an answer. "This is from Park Chanyeol." He paused again. "Ah. So, it's about the time for him to leave? Please tell him to wait for me. I will pick him up. Thankyou." Chanyeol put back his phone and wore a full-face helmet before driving off to the hospital near his fire department. The receptionist lady in the hospital had already knew Chanyeol very well, she also knew about Chanyeol and Baekhyun's relationship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol arrived at the hospital less than 20 minutes, he saw Baekhyun standing alone in the lobby, waiting for him. "Nurse Byun!" Chanyeol shouted, getting the nurse's attention to him. He waved as the cue for Baekhyun to come to him.

 

 

"Chanyeol." The nurse greeted. "Why are you here?"

 

 

"To buy some foods." He joked. "To pick you up, of course. Come on, hop on." He gestured the passenger seat behind him and gave Baekhyun a helmet, the small one. As if the helmet was belonged to Baekhyun. Well, Chanyeol secretly bought it for Baekhyun but told Baekhyun that he got it for free when he bought the motorcycle. Baekhyun clicked his helmet and hopped onto the seat, clinging onto Chanyeol's waist. "Ready?" Chanyeol drove off as he heard a yes from Baekhyun. "Have you eaten, Baek?" Chanyeol asked, a bit loud to make Baekhyun hear him through the tight helmet. Baekhyun leaned closer onto his back, he could feel Baekhyun's chest on his back.

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"Eat. Have you eaten?" He asked louder.

 

 

"Oh, i haven't." Baekhyun answered. There was a fire incident and he had no time to eat. Chanyeol didn't ask further, nor even give any responses, making Baekhyun shrug to himself. They were still glued due to the high speed Chanyeol made, and Baekhyun didn't want to fall back onto the ground so he made sure to cling onto the driver as tight as he could. "Oh, where are we going? This isn't the direction to my house." He asked close to Chanyeol's ear but he, once again, got no response. The motorcycle stopped right in front of a small Korean traditional restaurant. "Where are we?"

 

 

"Can't you read that?" Chanyeol pointed at the board, there was the restaurant's name written on it as he turned off the motorcycle.

 

 

"I know that, smartie. I mean, why are we here?"

 

 

"Obviously to eat, smartie." Chanyeol answered, using the mocking tone Baekhyun used before. "Come on. Let's get inside, i'm hungry." He leaded the way after parking his motorcycle and locked both of their helmets on the motorcycle. Baekhyun followed quietly. "Eat a lot, it's my treat." They spent the night talking and eating, sometimes they fell into an enjoyable silence. 

 

 

As soon as they finished their late dinner, Chanyeol drove them to his house, received a frown from the tiny nurse."Why are we here? I never said i want to come to your place."

 

 

"You've been away for like 3 days. My house misses you." 

 

 

"Well, blame yourself then. You've been spending your past days in the department."

 

 

"Ooh, someone is sulking." He poked the nurse's cheek and helped the nurse to hop off the motorcycle. "Let's go in, i will make it up to you." They went into Chanyeol's house but being a forgetful Chanyeol, he needed to be reminded by Baekhyun to lock the gate of his house if he didn't want someone to steal his motorcycle. Chanyeol was kinda a forgetful, also clumsy. Baekhyun confused, why he could be a fireman, a captain even?

 

 

"Oh my. This is so gross. Why so many trashes around here?" Baekhyun asked, cringing in disgust as he saw a slice of an expired pizza on the sofa.

 

 

"I have no time to clean, babe." The nickname almost made Baekhyun giggling, almost. "Let them be, i will  clean it tomorrow. Let's sleep first."

 

 

Baekhyun was about to object and forcing the captain to clean right in that moment but the tiredness and the sleepiness the captain had on his face made Baekhyun sigh and nod his head unwillingly. It wasn't like he didn't want Chanyeol to sleep but the mess in his living room wasn't healthy, the mess could let some viruses come and attacking the captain. Baekhyun was a nurse after all and he didn't want Chanyeol to get sick. "Promise me you will clean this mess tomorrow."

 

 

"I am a man for my word, Baek. Let's go sleep, please?" He pleaded, pulling Baekhyun inside his bedroom by his arm. Baekhyun looked around the room, and thanks god, the room was really clean and neat as if no one had ever slept in there before. 

 

 

"Why can't you take care of your living room like you take care of this room, Yeol?" He asked as he sat down onto the bed, waiting Chanyeol changing his clothes. He didn't bother to change in the bathroom nor even turn around to hide his flat tummy. Chanyeol may had a flat tummy but his arms was really toned and muscular, very tempting. And Baekhyun was used to see Chanyeol changing in front of him.

 

 

"Because i spent my days without you in living room. It feels weird to sleep in here alone, so i prefer sleep in the living room. Here, change your clothes." He handed Baekhyun his t-shirt that way bigger for Baekhyun's size. Unlike Chanyeol, Baekhyun preferred changing in the bathroom. He ever tried to change in front of Chanyeol and the gaze Chanyeol gave to him made him feeling a bit hot out of the blue. 

 

 

 

He walked out of the bathroom to see Chanyeol had laying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Only wore a big t-shirt and his boxer, Baekhyun climbed onto the bed drawing Chanyeol's attention to him and smiled at him. "Thinking about something, eh?"

 

 

"About you to be exact." Chanyeol sneaked his arm around Baekhyun's waist once Baekhyun settled down next to him, facing him. "You look tinier." Chanyeol frowned.

 

 

"Noo, you are getting bigger that's why i look tinier. Psh." 

 

 

"You should eat a lot. You are a nurse, you should be strong."

 

 

"Excuse me, captain. I may be tiny but i'm strong. I can wrestling you right here." 

 

 

"Wrestling on the bed? Sounds fun." He laughed. Chanyeol actually knew that Baekhyun was strong unlike his tiny presence. Baekhyun had learned about hapkido when he was young, Chanyeol saw the photo of him holding a trophy of National Hapkido. Baekhyun had ever showed Chanyeol his moves and he often got smacked by the tiny nurse, surprisingly it was hurt as hell. "Let's wrestling later and sleep for now?"

 

 

"Sure. You look really tired." He caressed Chanyeol's eyebag. It was dark and big, he disliked it. It made Chanyeol look older than he already were. "Goodnight, Chanyeol."

 

 

"Goodnight, Baekhyun." Chanyeol answered but none of them closing their eyes, they still looked at each other, waiting the other to sleep. "Sleep."

 

 

"You sleep first."

 

 

"You first."

 

 

"Chanyeol, stop that and sleep."

 

 

"Okay okay, let's sleep together. I close my eyes, you close your eyes. Deal?"

 

 

"How old are you, seriously?" 

 

 

"Shhh." Chanyeol covered Baekhyun's eyes, he waited for some minutes after he sure Baekhyun had fallen asleep. Before he followed Baekhyun to the dreamland, he leaned in to peck Baekhyun's lips while the other was sleeping peacefully. It was a chaste kiss, the soft one. He didn't want to wake Baekhyun up.

 

 

 

 

Yet, Chanyeol missed the small smile on the nurse's lips as he closed his eyes, pulling the nurse closer to his chest.


 

a/n :

 

first chapter has arrived!!! how was it? comment, please?

 

and please have some mercy on my grammatical errors and typos and boring plot. and and if you had read my other stories, you maybe already found out that i love chanbaek riding a scooter or  motorcycle. sadly my first chanbaek story riding a motorcycle has been deleted :   ( 

 

but oh well, i love scooter chanbaek!

 

i saw pcy's kissing scene. kinda sad but heck, my baby boy is a grown up man. And i (we, as exo-Ls tbh) will and must support him as an actor! yayy. we may be hurt and sad, but we shall remind ourselves that we are only his fans. we are on this together!!

 

 

sincerely,

vin.