The end.

The beauty and the wolf

Sky stood there, thinking that she never had to make such a difficult decision in her life. Even her illness had been easier to accept. Maybe it was because on that subject she had no options. But right now, she felt like a child incapable of making a decision. Maybe, even if it sounded childish, it was best that she didn't take any options, and only choose the one that was less frightening. Sky walked from the rock to walk towards him; she just wanted to hold on to what was known to her, as her old life. Jump into the unknown was not an idea that she was considering, especially after all the time it took for her to accept what was going to happen to her.

Minseok remained silent when he took her in his arms. The heat of his body was equal to that warmth she felt when he was a wolf. His soft brown hair made her feel tickled on her cheek, and she smiled sadly at the little things that were extraordinary in her eyes. As his innocent eyes when he didn't know something. For the first time in his life he felt he couldn't breathe. So many years for him waiting at the top of that big rock for a moon to which only he could love. Many years and years walking alone in those lands waiting for her. But he just had to wait, because it was written that at the right time he would find his mate, and would not have to live alone anymore.

"Is it okay if I say I will wait for you?"

He didn't know how much it hurt to her to hear those words. She never thought about the first time she would fall in love, but she had never thought she would have to get away from somebody for being in love. Sky wanted to say - if this was a normal situation - that he had to find someone else, but in this wolf situation; he would never find someone else. Sky pulled away, taking all the courage inside of her to look into his eyes. She extended her hand to his face, where she drew his right eyebrow with her finger in one smooth motion. He closed his eyes, feeling the warmth of her hand making contact with his skin.

"Live well, Minseok."

His hands let go her waist as she pulled away. Sky turned around and walked in the opposite direction towards him, and definitely that was the hardest thing she had ever done. Their destiny was written for both since he was born, and so he marked her destiny too. But Sky always had that question in her mind, if destiny was already written for people or everyone wrote its own. She went down that hill with pain in her heart now, with the edge of her eyes ready to let go the tears she was fighting against. There was a pain worse than physical and she felt as she walked, leaving an invisible trail that went to him. She walked and walked as if she had been born for that, looking at something that was not before her, until the green paradise was disappearing little by little, until the bushes were replaced by houses of this small town.

On the outskirts of the village, Sky stopped in front of a sign beside the road. There, in a corner of the poster were photos of a couple of people who had also disappeared. Sky gasped at the picture of a human who had a similar profile, almost imperceptible to those of a cugar. She exhaled. His family probably no longer living according to the date of his disappearance.

Her homecoming made her mother cry of happiness, but that was something natural. Her parents had begun their very young family due to youthful life, being immature and being afraid of raising their first child, but true love that their parents had for each other was stronger than their own inexperience. Sky was back in the warmth of home, but that warmth was so different from what was experienced with Minseok.

She and her family lived in an apartment in the city of Seoul after moving there 8 years ago. Sky had always had a good life; in every sense. She had a room with a large window that was almost the size of the wall. White curtains let her see a bit of the city when she lay in bed. Minutes later, her brother went to her room and lay down beside her, with his legs falling from the edge like her.

His illness had disappeared. Medicine, doctors said. A miracle, her parents said. A wish, she thought. Sky cried with happiness, and at some point in the night, while she was watching an empty spot in the sky, she heard for the first time in her life there in the city, the howl of a wolf.

The story of how Kim Minseok had become a wolf and one of the guardians of the forest would always be a mystery, because there were things that he himself didn't know about his past. But among the things that he liked, his human form was the best. Being a human gave endless opportunities to learn about all the things in the world, even though he had actually never left Seoul. Minseok enjoyed the little things like drinking coffee, going to libraries, movies, music and other things, and then returned to his cabin to be the only human in the forest. Although it sounded lonely he had never felt alone, at least until now. This was the first time that Minseok experienced loneliness.

The moon that made him company had gone a few hours ago, and Minseok, in his human form, swung his legs while sitting on the tip of the Rock of dreams, watching the early sunrise. The red and orange colors mixed on the horizon, painting the sky with beautiful colors. Many years protecting the rock, watching from afar the little faith that people had when they descend from it. That was the same reason why their wishes never came true. But Sky ... her wish had come true as if she had been immune to the evil in the world. She kept something in her heart, a feeling that people had lost over time. This thing called destiny was bigger than Sky and Minseok, a force in the universe that made them be together with an invisible thread.

"Why you are alone on this beautiful morning?" Suho sat beside him, giving him a friendly pat on the back to the wisest member of the pack. "You want to talk about what happened?"

"Not much to talk about." Minseok laughed ruefully, trying not to make a big deal of that. "I don't know what to say either."

"Even being the leader... I do not know much about this, Minseok." Suho was sincere, because despite being one of the leaders, he had not met his mate yet. "As a friend, I'll be here for you. Listen... you are very lucky to have found your mate, although this has been complicated. We must understand Sky; for her it must have been difficult to understand the idea that she could live forever. I would like the others to have the same fate as you and could find someone too. But I'm glad the first was you, they respect you a lot and see you as a leader too, and if you handle this in the best way, you will give them an opportunity to look for something more important out of this forest."

"What should I do then, Suho?" Minseok looked into his eyes, hoping that his leader would give him an answer. "Is there anything I can do to keep her by my side?"

"Maybe..." Suho was in silent. They had only lived in a way throughout their existence. Think of living another life was frightening for them too. "Maybe you should do something you never thought you would do, maybe you should take a risk. After all, wolves born to live for one person."

"I know... it was very selfish of me to make her choose." Minseok felt ashamed. The feeling that no one else had felt... It was also confusing for him. "Find her made me question about my life and hers. Our lives are so different, I didn't knew how to reach a middle point that was good for both."

"I never thought this life was so difficult out of the woods." Suho looked at the sky, reflecting on his own life. "But at the same time, if you are willing to give all of you, it can be very simple too, Minseok. It all depends on what you're willing to do. Maybe you should think about giving up some things."

Minseok looked at him. Suho was the first to speak on a subject of which he was unaware. He had risked only say what he thought was right. For the first time in his life, Minseok saw that his leader had exposed himself.

"Do you think that would work?"

"It should work, If it doesn't... Why are we here then?"

Minseok sighed deeply and looked at the blue sky. He thought about the things he could do, his choices, the opportunities he had. Now Minseok knew he had to give up some things for something more important.

Since she was a child, Sky always wanted to be a veterinarian. At 8 years old, when she received her first puppy, was born in her a love for the animals and a desire to care for them. She had never chosen or considered other options as a career, and thankfully and with much effort, she could say she had managed to become a veterinarian. The following weeks after her homecoming, sky continued with her classes until she was to one month to finish her career officially. Winter arrived to Seoul that cold morning and small snowflakes fell as she walked to the cafe that was near the university.

The cafe had brown walls, a high ceiling, tables and chairs and a wooden bar against the center wall. The place belonged to Donghae's family, and although he was an architect like her brother, he liked to help there occasionally. Sky sat on one of the tall chairs in the bar, with Donghae standing on the other side. Sky had returned to do the things she always did, but now all that felt routine.

"What, little Sky?" Donghae leaned against the bar, watching her with kind eyes. "Is there something bothering you?"

Sky smiled slightly to his kindness and took her scarf out of her neck and let it on the bar table.

"It's nothing important. I think I'm a little nervous because I'm about to finish college."

"Ah! That makes me remember my graduation... a long time ago!" Donghae laughed looking more relaxed. "It's normal, Sky. You'll leave something you've done for years. But no need to worry; you did it well, really well. Everything you want, you're gonna get it."

Sky smiled, although the university was not what worried her, she felt calmer to hear that he had confidence in her future.

"Thank you, Donghae." She rested her elbows on the table, pulling the sleeves of her sweater to protect her hands from the cold. "What are your plans for this weekend?"

"Not much, I will be an anti-social person." Donghae sighed exaggeratedly. "And you, party girl? What will the girls and you do?"

"Actually this weekend is my grandfather's birthday and my family decided to give a big party." Sky was skeptical, because her grandfather did not like those things. "I think it will be a disaster... But what can we do?"

Donghae laughed.

"Wait! I almost forgot." Donghae went to the swinging door to the kitchen and opened it. "It's good that you have not gone yet. Come... I want to introduce you to someone."

Donghae turned to the bar and smiled.

"We hired this guy a few days ago. He makes a coffee that you'll love. My parents say he was born to be a barista."

She nodded toward Donghae with a friendly smile until Sky heard the sound of the door, her gaze moved to the guy who appeared before her, and then she just forgot how to breathe.

As if it were a dream or as if nothing could be heard around, Sky observed when Minseok appeared, wearing a white hoodie that clung to his body, his hair combed up and the same smile he had whenever he looked at her. It was as if she had never left, it was like another day that Sky lived in the forest.

"Sky, he is Minseok." Donghae smiled because he knew nothing and gently patted the shoulder of the new barista. "Minseok, she's my little Sky."

Minseok had never withdrawn his gaze from Sky, keeping his smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sky."

He extended his hand to her, and although Sky considered not taking it because she knew she would feel a lot of things, she took it. The warmth of his hand conveyed too much to her, and Sky released his hand.

"The pleasure is mine." She tried to look into his eyes, but it was too much for her. "I... I remembered that I must go home early."

"Really?" Sky heard the disappointment in Donghae's voice as she took her backpack from the floor.

Sky looked at Donghae to apologize.

"I'll see you another day." And then Sky looked at Minseok, noting his desire to say something else. "It was a pleasure."

She walked toward the entrance, and the way there seemed infinite. The cold air hit her in the face and Sky walked down the street to her apartment. Her house was not that far, and although she felt the cold to her bones, she decided that fresh air would help her to think and to convince herself that he was in the city. Perhaps he was only there for a few days because Minseok had said that he also liked the city, surely this would only be for a few days. Sky breathed the cold out of her body, noting that her heart was beating fast.

"Sky, wait." Minseok's hand closed around her left wrist gently, but Sky felt the heat through her whole body making her feel something inside. "Please, wait."

It seemed so hard to do, but Sky could not avoid this situation and she turned to him to meet his worried look, but with a gentle smile on his lips as he stopped himself from lowering his hand to take hers. Unlike him, Sky had a worried look and she just could not help it. She noted that he had her scarf in his free hand, and she took the opportunity to not look into his eyes. She had been very sad for the past few weeks, but it was more painful to think that he also was.

"What are you doing here, Minseok?" She asked politely.

It was not that she did not want him to be there; just that she was surprised that he was. Minseok smiled softly taking a good look at her. Many happy days when they were together. He wanted to say he was there for her, to see her again, to be near her.

"I came to give you this." Minseok released her wrist and took the scarf to wrap around Sky's neck. He took her tuft of soft brown hair and put it behind her ear. "Are you going home so soon? I thought we could talk."

Sky bit her lip. He looked so disappointed that she was gone so fast, but between the lines of his words, Sky could understand that he wanted her to stay.

"I can walk home with you if you want."

"Yeah." She said softly. "That would be nice."

Minseok smiled and made her smile too. She used to react to his actions, and he did it too. Wherever she was, he would go too. Sky moved across sidewalk and they started walking. She moved her scarf a little, and then she noticed that Minseok walked with his jacket sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

"Are not you cold?" Sky looked at him with concern.

Minseok looked down at himself and smiled at the way she looked after him.

"I'm fine, princess, don't worry about me."

Sky nodded staring straight ahead, pretending that word had not had any effect on her. But that sounded so sweet coming from him and so natural at the same time. It was as if he had said that word as many times, but she didn't know that in his mind he had already said before.

"Since when are you here?"

Minseok thought about it. He had thought about what to do to be near her, and her conversation with Suho had convinced him that he should be brave and take risks.

"Since a few weeks ago."

Sky thought it was no coincidence that he worked in the cafeteria of the best friend of her brother, but she did not understand how he had been able to find her in a big city.

"For how long you plan to stay?"

This was to win or lose all.

"I don't know. I really like the city." He chuckled. "This weather is the best."

"Yes, I like it too." She replied softly.

Sky had a lump in , and she was so nervous she felt she was going to get sick. Her legs were weak and she had to remind herself to keep her composure. What they had was not even a relationship or a break up, but this situation was the same or more complicated. What was she doing? Sky had an ordinary life, and suddenly found herself thinking of someone who meant something to her, although she was not clear that what it was. Suddenly she was the mate of someone, destined to be with him.

"Are you okay, Sky?" Minseok looked at her with concern. His intuition was telling him that something was wrong. "I... I can feel something."

"I'm fine." She tried to sound convincing.

Sky felt the heat in her chest despite the cold, but she felt calmer when she saw the building in which she lived down the street. Although she didn't know how to end the conversation that never began, Sky felt more comfortable when they get there.

"How have you been, Sky?"

Sky was a step forward when they stopped at the building, and she turned to him.

"Fine, I think so."

"You think?" Minseok took a stepped toward her. "What does that mean?"

"I don't know." She said quickly, not even thinking about her answer. "I really don't know."

Sky was being too nervous and too sincere. Minseok could feel her in his own skin, and he could see it in her eyes. He stepped back and put his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"I missed you." He smiled slightly, as if it were a simple comment.

But his smile didn't make the comment less painful to hear. Sky had read many books of fiction about angels, semi gods, immortals, and yet she could not believe he was a wolf that would live forever. It seemed that impossible only existed in books.

"You are here by chance?" Sky shook her head gently. "Because I cannot believe that."

Minseok laughed.

"I couldn’t trick you, right?"

Sky looked at him as if she could not believe what he said. She did not know what he wanted to achieve by doing this.

"I... don't know where this will lead us, Minseok, but---"

"Sky." He interrupted approaching her. "Please don't feel bad. What I don't want is to make you uncomfortable. I was born to protect you, Sky, for me it's hard not to be near you."

Her shoulders fell as she exhaled. She had never been with anyone, and now she seemed to have a deep relationship with him.

"Sky?"

She turned at the voice of her mother. Her mother looked so young with that gentle smile that showed as she approaches them.

"Hi." She smiled at Minseok. "Are you a friend of Sky?"

Minseok smiled at her, but he was not sure what to say.

"He..." Sky said before he could lie. After all he had done for her, it didn't seem fair to describe him as just a friend. Sky looked at her mother. "Mom... actually, Minseok was... who helped me during those days."

Her mother was so beautiful, so kind, so that could not hide her appreciation to the young man who had helped her daughter. She hugged him, trying not to mourn on his shoulder, thanking him infinitely to save her daughter. Minseok was a little surprised at first.

"No need to thank me, Mrs. Taylor." He said when he pulled away. "I did what I had to do."

"You did more than that." She said fighting her own tears.

Sky used to call her mother Leila when they joked among them, and she was about to do it to make her feel better.

"We're better now, Mom, you should not cry anymore." Sky used the tenderest tone that she could speak.

"I know." Her mother smiled, but then noticed what Minseok was wearing. "Honey, don't you feel cold? We should go upstairs to drink something."

Leila looked at Sky. Minseok knew this was a surprise to Sky, and he should take it easy.

"It's not necessary." He smiled. "I appreciate the invitation, but I must go now, and I live a few blocks from here so I will be fine."

Sky wanted to ask if that was true.

"For everything you did for Sky, I know we could never repay you, but at least I would like to invite you to have dinner with us tonight. I am sure that our family would like to meet the person who saved our little angel."

Minseok didn't know what to say; he didn't want to be rude, but at the same time he wanted to say yes, if that allowed him to be with Sky.

"I'd really like you to come."

And he had no other choice.

"Sure." Minseok smiled. "Thank you very much for the invitation."

Her mother smiled sweetly.

"We'll see you at 7 then." She smiled at him and then to Sky. When her daughter gave her a look, she understood. "Oh sure! I'm sorry, I interrupted your conversation. See you later, honey."

After that she walked toward the entrance of the building and entered.

"Your mom is so cute." Minseok smiled.

"Yes." Sky laughed. "She is."

"Sky..." Minseok looked at her with concern. "Do you mind if I come tonight?"

Sky looked at him with a surprised expression. She didn't want him to feel bad for having accepted.

"No, no, of course not..." She looked at him thoughtfully. "Do you really live near here?"

"Yes." He extended a hand and pointed to a building that rose a few blocks away. "That building with the statue of an eagle on the top floor."

Sky nodded, but still had many questions in her mind.

"Don't you want to come in?" Sky looked embarrassed; she didn't want to be rude.

He wanted to say yes, but be together tonight it was a breakthrough.

"Thank you, princess, but I have to do some things first." He smiled apologetically. "I'll see you tonight."

"Okay." She smiled shyly, and at that time an idea came to mind. "Wait..." She removed her scarf, and as he had done before, she placed it around him. "I know you don't feel cold, but this will prevent people look at you weird."

Minseok touched the soft fabric and looked at her with a smile.

"Goodbye, Sky, don't get in trouble if I'm not here... okay?"

He chuckled, but he was serious.

"Okay."

And then he turned and walked away. Sky exhaled the air in her lungs and walked toward the entrance of the building. It was a surprise to see her mother there, but Sky walked to the elevator and pressed the button on the wall. Her mother stood beside her, laughing like a child.

"He's very handsome."

Sky closed her eyes for a moment.

"Did you forget that he helped me? You should not see him that way."

"Please, honey... I think he likes you." Her mother sighed. "It was difficult to understand that he was in the woods too... that he preferred to wait until you recover to help you go home... but now I met him, I can see that he is a good person."

The elevator opened and Sky went in first.

"I think I'll invite him to the party too... I think that night together will be a good opportunity to see if he likes you or not."

"If you don't walk I'll leave you here, Mother."

Leila laughed entering the elevator.

"A good opportunity to see if you like him too."

...

Her grandfather didn't like the noise of the city, so he bought a house in a nice neighborhood away from it. Mr. John, her grandfather, was a charismatic man who made friends easily, so his house was filled with people that Sky had never known before. It was a quiet party, with many well-dressed guests and quiet conversations. Although Sky did not like the parties, she would rather be here than at some club with music that hit her ears and where they could not speak at all.

Sky was standing in the large backyard, wearing a pearl-colored dress that fell to her knees, dress strips joined on her back and ended with a small bun, and she would walk comfortably with her white converse.

"That's exactly why we're best friends." Krystal said. Sky had her phone in the air, making a video call with Krystal and Amber. "Not that I like parties with old people, but that's better. In addition Minseok will be there too."

"But when will you introduce us your boyfriend, Sky?" Amber laughed.

"Yeah. I saw him in the cafe... he's very handsome."

"He's not my boyfriend." Sky shook her head.

"But he is handsome." Krystal said. "He's very handsome."

"Yah. He is handsome and likes you. What's better than that?" Amber was shocked, but she bit her lip and giggled. "AMMM... I think we should go and let Sky enjoy the party."

Krystal laughed and Sky looked at them like they were crazy.

"I think that too. We'll call you tomorrow, Sky. We want to hear all the details."

Krystal and Amber waved their hands in farewell.

"We love you!" And both canceled the video call.

"Are they crazy or what happens to them?" Sky laughed.

"Sky?"

Sky exhaled, thinking she had to learn to calm her heart just to hear his voice because he had said he could feel her. She held the phone in her hand and ly to looked at him a few steps from her. Minseok's hair was slicked up, and he was wearing a black suit and a white shirt with the top button ed casually.

Sky bit her lip at the thought of how long he stood there made her giggled.

"Did you hear that?"

Minseok laughed walking toward her.

"If you tell me I didn't hear that, then I didn't."

He stopped beside her and Sky breathed the scent of his aftershave.

"You didn't hear anything."

Sky laughed feeling the heat in her cheeks.

"You look beautiful, princess."

How much you can see in the eyes of a person? He was so transparent as glass with his feelings, or he was doing it so Sky could see him?

"You look very handsome."

Minseok smiled.

"I didn't dress like this in a long time."

Sky extended a hand and took between her fingers the corner of his coat.

"It fits you well."

Before Sky took off her hand, Minseok took it, feeling her warmth between his fingers.

"You want to dance?"

Out there, the music was a whisper in the wind, but it was perfect for a single couple. Sky left the phone on the railing and Minseok approached her and put her hand on his shoulder, his free hand took her waist firmly but gently while his other hand took Sky's joining as one. Sky knew to move with grace and delicacy, like those nights when she and her father danced in their living room. Minseok was agile for being a wolf, and although he didn't dance in years, his movements were those of a professional. He knew how to take her in his arms and carry the rhythm, how to hold her with him as he moved on the wooden floor and under the stars. When the music stopped they also did, with a final lap that made Sky's hair moved in a smooth motion. Sky smiled when they stopped because being with him made her happy, with him as his companion, it was like feeling at peace. For Minseok, Sky was more beautiful than always, and he just wanted to hold her a little more, but in his hands he felt she was beginning to get nervous. Perhaps she had learned to feel him too, because he was about to say something.

"You want to go in? It's a little cold here."

Minseok smiled bending his arm to Sky could take it.

"Let's go."

Sky clung to his arm and they walked together toward the glass door ajar. The music enveloped them and Sky smiled at her grandmother in the living room, talking comfortably with her friends. She did not recognize the music because her grandfather was not a fan of it, but it was something nice and danceable despite not burst the speakers with the rhythm.

"Let's go to the kitchen. I want something to drink." Sky led him to the kitchen that was in the left in the hallway. "Have you drink alcohol, Minseok?"

He laughed.

"For many years no. Many, many years."

That response created a doubt in her mind.

"Minseok... Can I ask how old are you?"

Minseok smiled to himself and went to her ear.

"Maybe I consider telling you if you accept me."

Despite understand what that meant, Sky laughed walking into the kitchen. For a second she stopped seeing his grandfather sitting on high chairs beside the granite table in front of his two friends.

"What are you doing here, young couple? Should you not be enjoying the party of an old man?" Her grandfather laughed. "Come here and rejuvenate our lives a little."

His friends laughed and Sky looked at Minseok asking with her eyes if he wanted to stay. But the truth was that Minseok did want to stay. As a gentleman, he let her sit down first and then he did.

"So?" Mr. Kim, a kind man of 78 years smiled. "Since when you are a couple?"

"Hey..." Sky smiled sheepishly. "Why do not you tell us about your love life?"

"Who wants to hear old stories like us?" Mr. Choi laughed and the lines of his face were accentuated. "For girls like Sky, Minseok, you have to work hard. She's special."

"I know." Minseok answered before Sky could do it. "I think I have to work harder."

"That means they are not a couple." Mr. Kim said, sad. "But you look so good together!"

Sky looked at her grandfather with a look of suspicion.

"How much did you tell them?"

"The enough." Her grandfather moved away from her jokingly. "I was just making a comment, honey."

"You should not wait that long." Mr. Choi said. "Time passes quickly, and in a blink you are already like us."

Sky looked at Minseok quickly, feeling a tingle on her skin hearing about time.

"I thought that in your time you preferred to wait to capture the heart of your partner." Sky laughed. "The values ​​have been lost completely."

"So...?" Mr. Kim laughed. "Your heart has been captured, Sky?"

Sky bite her lips when he felt feel their gaze, but especially Minseok's.

"Sky and I had a good time when we're together." Minseok said, recalling the days when they lived in the forest.

"That's the most important thing." His grandfather said. "There must be communication between you. Always."

Sky sighed, and 10 minutes later they returned to the party. But Minseok liked to speak of them as a couple, after all, people thought they were a good couple and looked good being together. Her mother loved the idea that Minseok was there with them, he was so good conversationalist and knew how to join a conversation. He was charming, and the older women all loved the way he looked at Sky.

"You are very popular at this party." Sky lowered the lower step of the stairs at the entrance and turned to see him. "I think all the ladies are in love with you."

Minseok chuckled stopping at her side.

"And you are?"

Sky let out the air from her lungs in a nervous laugh, but at this point, she did not see why she should lie.

"Yes." Sky was able to hold his gaze with a nervous smile. "Yes I am."

Minseok not know whether to smile or be surprised because this was the first time that Sky was so honest with her feelings.

"So why cannot we be together?"

Sky felt guilty about her illness, for being his mate and not be with him.

"You know why, Minseok. I cannot give you my life because I do not know how long it will last."

Minseok walked a few steps forward and looked at the sky with his back to her, his chest heaving up and down all the emotions he had inside and not let him breathe.

"If I were mortal... you would stay with me?" Minseok turned.

For Sky, that would change everything and she did not know how to take that. She could not be with him because he would live forever and she didn't know how much she would live. Maybe a year or maybe 40 years. She was the opposite of him.

"Would you do it?"

"This is not about you, Minseok. Mortal or not, I am the one how cannot offer something to you and that's not fair to you."

"But I'm the one who should decide that, Sky."

She laughed wearily, brushing her hair back.

"For someone who has lived so long, you cling too much to the now, Minseok. You need to think about what will happen next..."

"For someone who has only the now, you worry too much about the future."

Sky smiled at his ingenious way of giving her back her own words.

"I just need an answer, princess."

She just wanted to take everything from him with open arms, to live as far as she could do it and be happy as time ran in her favor, have a relationship like the others even if this was not so normal, and simply live next to people she loved.

"Yes."

To Minseok, hear it was as if she'd just tell him that she wanted to live forever. There was no difference now, it was as it was, and she just said she also wanted to be with him. To Minseok, he felt as if his heart could beat again.

"Wait for me." Minseok approached her, and his eyes reflected all the calm he felt inside. "I will be back in the morning."

Sky was confused because she believed they would be together tonight. Minseok laughed at her sweet look so confused and he took her hands so she could feel him.

"I promise you, princess, that after tonight we will not be separated, but I must do something first."

Sky had many questions in her head, but she trusted him, so she just nodded feeling the warmth in his hands. Minseok smiled, he was just so happy that it would be difficult for him too. Kissing her forehead felt good, and at that moment he knew he would do it very often.

He turned around to walk in the opposite direction to her. Sky had a lump in to see him go but still she remained there without trying to stop him, it felt like see him go forever but she should just wait. That wouldn't happen, he would not go and she should just wait for the sun to rise in a few hours to see him again. At one point away while Sky could no longer see him, she stepped back and turned to go home. The air rushed into the cold night while Sky climbed the steps up to the door to the house where there was comfortable and warm, but the air seemed to help her calm down.

Her legs shook as she climbed the stairs to her room, the party was not over but for her it did. Sky felt tired, like the time in which she moved away from him, the time that she just walked and walked to go home. It was easy to think of the life she had when she lay in her bed in her dark room, it was this time when she remembered all the moments she had lived. She had lived a simple life like everyone else, with little moments that made that her life special. She had been the protagonist of her simple story until she met a person who only seemed real in fiction. Now she felt like the female protagonist who acquired the powers of a wizard, or was in the middle of a battle of gods. But this was no longer a battle because she no longer had to fight with herself, her worst enemy was her own fear to live for someone else but that was over by the time she accepted her fate.

The hours passed and Sky felt him again when he returned. Sky didn't know what it was that, she could feel inside but it was something new, something that made her be more sensitive to everything happening around her when she started to feel him. It was a strange sensation that felt familiar and that made her stand up, from that day she had decided to stop being so cautious and feel more so Sky left her room. He had reached her life to remind her to take more chances because this was the only life she had, that fear should not be a reason to stop herself. He had come to teach her that loves someone is something good, that her heart was wounded but not broken and it even worked well for love.

The morning air made Sky remember their days in the woods with the thick fog that formed here and there, but still, she was able to see him in the distance, walking toward her again. Sky was still wearing her dress, and as he walked, Minseok took off his jacket and placed it on her shoulders when he stopped in front of her. Sky laughed to herself as she put her arms into the jacket, and when she was ready, Minseok took her hands in his.

"Remember the answer that you gave me? when I asked you if you'd be with me if I were mortal?" Minseok took her left hand to his lips and kissed the back of her hand. Sky nodded. "Keep that in mind." Minseok laughed nervously, and to her surprise, he knelt on one knee still holding her left hand. Sky felt her legs weak, for what it was happening. "Sky, since I was born, I waited for the birth of my mate, the only person I would always be connected with. I've waited for you for many years, and from the moment you walked into the woods, I felt you, I felt the connection in my heart and followed it until I saw you for the first time. You came to me without even know it, and then my whole life made sense. Now I'm here, asking you to let me live by your side until my heart stops beating, because only then I will stop loving you. My heart and my life have always belonged to you, so... Sky, will you marry me?"

Until my heart stops beating. If I was mortal.

Sky felt the burning in her eyes for tears and the lump in , but she held out her free hand to him and his cheek.

"Minseok..." It was so hard to talk when she felt she could not do it. "Did you ask the rock of dreams for you to be mortal?"

He looked at her with a smile on his face.

"Living forever... it would be torture if I'm not with you."

At that time, Sky knew that normal or not, she would never find someone like him. This was her destiny, and she was very sure of that now.

"I... I want to marry you, Minnie."

Sky laughed as a tear fell down her cheek, and Minseok rose up only to hug her. Sky clung to him as the life she would live, and Minseok clung to her like the now that he wanted to live.

"I have to give you the ring." Minseok giggled as he pulled away.

He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a small white cloth that was folded in four. Minseok opened it, and she saw in the middle a beautiful golden ring. He took Sky's hand and put the ring where this belonged to.

"My parents will be shocked when they find out."

Minseok chuckled.

"We will be fine. I'll be by your side." Minseok took her hand and kissed her knuckles. "I love you, princess."

Minseok rested his forehead against hers. Sky squeezed his hand feeling her nose against his.

"I love you too."

Sky pressed her lips against his and everything was perfect. He understood that they shouldn't live forever to be happy, and Sky understood that life should be lived up to the last breath.

THE END

...................................................

Thanks to the people who subscribed to this story. Hope you like it ^^ and sorry for the grammar mistakes.

Bye!