Love is the Way

Allergic to You

A/N: Hey, everyone! Sorry that this took me forever, my friend laziness showed up ; ^; Most of this is just drabble, but I hope you enjoy it anyway!

Words: 5628


One Year Later

It’s been one year since a certain Chinese male showed up at Chanyeol’s door and changing his life. It’s been on year since Chanyeol met Baekhyun, and in that year, he learned anything and everything about Baekhyun. It’s been one year, and Park Chanyeol was still sneezing his heart out around anything feline.

“ACHOO!”

Like now, for example.

“Channie,” Baekhyun whined, shoving his head further into the human’s stomach.

“Sorry, Baek, you know I can’t help it,” Chanyeol replied, wiping his nose with a tissue. Though Chanyeol continued to sneeze and sniffle, Baekhyun couldn’t find that as a reason to stay away from him. He loved it owner dearly, and a little allergy wouldn’t be enough to keep him from loving him.

Chanyeol gently removed Baekhyun’s head from his lap, standing up and walking to the kitchen to start their dinner. In the one year that they’ve been together, Chanyeol learned that Baekhyun was a pretty picky eater, so Chanyeol set out to change that. Now, the cat was able to eat anything and everything, except cucumbers. You think Baekhyun would have had a traumatizing past with cucumbers, considering the way he acts as if they’re the devil’s spawn.

Halfway through making dinner, Chanyeol heard the sounds of small feet pitter pattering into the kitchen before the owner of those feet buried his face in the taller’s back, his small arms wrapping around his torso and small hands clutching the Chanyeol’s t-shirt. Chanyeol hummed in response, reaching behind him to rub Baekhyun’s back before resuming what he was doing.

Tonight, Chanyeol was making them a simple stew, with chucks of beef in it, along with carrots and potatoes. Baekhyun took a whiff of the heavenly dish, his mouth slightly drooling as his hands clutched Chanyeol’s shirt tighter, the anticipation of the delicious meal driving him nuts. Baekhyun loved Chanyeol’s cooking, and silently thanked him for breaking his picky appetite.

Gently prying the claws from his shirt, Chanyeol ushered Baekhyun to go sit down as Chanyeol prepared their dishes. Setting a bowl of hot stew in front of the hungry cat, along with a cold glass of milk, Chanyeol bent forward to drop a loving peck on his forehead, ruffling his air and taking a seat across the table.

The two enjoyed their meal together, Chanyeol telling Baekhyun about his day at school, and Baekhyun telling him about his playdate with Kyungsoo and Sehun. Since Chanyeol refused to leave Baekhyun by himself at home, he talked to Jongin and Luhan, telling him about his idea to bring the hybrids together, so none of them would be lonely. At first, Luhan was skeptical about leaving two other hybrids alone with Sehun, but after the first day together, Sehun seemed perfectly fine with two others in his presence. The hybrids became fast friends, and spend every day together as their owners go to school, returning in the evening to be greeted by hugs, cuddles and kisses.

Chanyeol smiled at the enthusiasm in Baekhyun’s voice as he talked about how much fun he has with the two hybrids, and then goes on about how he wishes he could go to school with Chanyeol on some days because he misses his owner dearly.

“You know, tomorrow we aren’t doing much, seeing as it’s my last year, and exams are over for the time being. Would you like to come with me tomorrow?” Chanyeol asks, keeping an amused grin hidden as the cat hybrid almost falls as he darts over to give Chanyeol a hug, nuzzling his nose against his owner’s cheek.

=^  ^=

“Baek, wake up,” Chanyeol says, shaking the cat lying on him awake, earning a grumpy groan from said cat.

“It’s too earlyyy,” Baekhyun responds, settling for burying his face deep into Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Do you want me to go without you then?” Chanyeol questions, running his hand up and down Baekhyun’s back.

Baekhyun bolts up quickly and runs to the bathroom to take a shower, leaving Chanyeol chuckling into his pillow.

=^  ^=

“Baek, seriously, calm down,” Chanyeol said, reaching out to grab his cat’s collar, tugging him back.

Baekhyun stumbles until he his back hits Chanyeol’s chest, his ears still twitching in excitement and his tail curling around Chanyeol’s wrist.

“But I’m so excited! I get to spend the day with my Channie,” Baekhyun beams, turning around to snuggle into Chanyeol’s chest.

The taller smiles, “I know you are, but you need to relax a little. The school and myself aren’t going anywhere.”

“Okay, Channie,” Baekhyun purrs.

When the make it to the university, Chanyeol leads Baekhyun through the hallways, the catboy glancing in awe at his surroundings. Stopping by the office window first, Chanyeol talking to the receptionist as Baekhyun attaches himself to his owner’s side, still glancing at the students passing by. He spots a few other hybrids that walk with their owners, them giving a small smile to Baekhyun before continuing on their way.

Chanyeol reaches for his cat’s hand, gently tugging and pulling him along to his classroom. When they arrive, some students are already at their desks, and that include Luhan and Jongin. Baekhyun’s tail starts swishing, happy to see his friends’ owners.

“Morning, Yeol,” Jongin greets, “Morning, Baekhyun.”

“Morning, guys,” Luhan says, reaching out to ruffle Baekhyun’s hair, receiving a pleased mewl.

“Hey, guys,” Chanyeol says, setting his stuff on his desk and taking a seat. Baekhyun follows his owner, setting himself on his owner’s lap and leaning back into him, purring contentedly at the gently belly rubs his owner grants him.

“Didn’t know you were bringing him today,” Jongin says, fixing his gaze on the happy cat, “Would’ve brought Soo with me.”

“I would have brought Hunnie with me as well,” Luhan pouts.

“Sorry, it was sort of last minute,” Chanyeol says.

“Yah, tell us next time,” Jongin said.

“Don’t worry, I will,” Chanyeol promises, turning his attention to the teacher who had just walked in.

Lessons went by quickly, Chanyeol only half-focusing due to the cat sitting on his lap, excitedly looking around at the others students and the math teacher writing down equations on the board and explaining them. Before Chanyeol knew it, it was already lunch time, and he was seated at his usual table with Jongin, Luhan, and Baekhyun. A few others joined them a few moments later; Yifan and his black jaguar hybrid, Zitao, Junmyeon with his teddy bear hamster hybrid, Yixing, and Minseok with his ferret hybrid, Jongdae. The newcomers great themselves to Baekhyun, who doesn’t respond because he’s too busy staring in awe at the new hybrids.

“Okay, did you guys like, have an agreement to bring in your hybrids today and not tell Nini and I?” Luhan said, pouting again.

“No, the four of us just have telepathic abilities that allow us to think on the same level. You guys don’t have it yet cause you’re just dumb,” says Yifan, Minseok and Jongdae snickering across the table.

“Says the skyscraper that trips over air,” Jongin mutters, Luhan cracking a smile beside him.

“Oh, come on Jong, it’s not like you’ve never done that same,” Chanyeol says.

As the owners plus Jongdae throws playful insults back and forth, the Yixing, and Zitao move to sit on either side of Baekhyun.

“Aren’t you tired of Chanyeol yet?” Zitao jokes.

“Me? He’s loud and obnoxious, but I still love him,” Baekhyun says, glancing at his owner.

“Why don’t you just tell him how you feel already?” Yixing questions.

“W-what?! I-I can’t tell him!” Baekhyun exclaims.

“And why not?” Zitao asks, twinning his and Baekhyun’s tails together.

“B-because, what is he doesn’t feel the same way?” Baekhyun replies, nudging his head against Yixing’s shoulder.

Zitao snorts, “Um, have you seen the way Chanyeol acts around you? Not to mention the way he treats you.”

“Well, that’s because he’s my owner. He’s supposed to treat like that,” Baekhyun claims, his gaze returning to the tall human.

“Oh please, Baekhyun. It’s obvious he adores you way more than just an owner-pet relationship. He’s so in love with you,” Yixing returns, “Besides, Junmyeon had developed feelings for me for a while, and it took me forever to actually notice it.”

It’s true. Everyone knew about Junmyeon’s love for Yixing, since it was so painfully obvious to everyone. Well, everyone except Yixing. It wasn’t until one day, one of Junmyeon’s classmates pulled Junmyeon aside, confessing their feelings to the male. Before Junmyeon could react, and angry (yet adorable) hamster hybrid came storming through, grabbing his owner’s arm, glaring at the boy who had just confessed, before running off with his owner in tow.

“M-maybe. But, I just want to be sure, ya know?” Baekhyun said, sighing.

“Aww, come on Baek. No one can resist a cutie like you,” Zitao said, purring as he rubbed his head against Baekhyun’s.

“Yo, Zitao. Quit scent-marking my cat,” Chanyeol said, frowning. Zitao looked up to be met with an unhappy gaze not only from Chanyeol, but from Yifan as well.

Smiling sheepishly, Zitao got up and walked over to his owner, sitting himself on the taller’s lap and scent-marking him instead.

“Look how jealous he gets cause someone else is trying to show their affection for you,” Yixing giggled, rubbing his nose against Baekhyun’s cheek before standing up and skipping to Junmyeon, curling up against his side and resting his head on his shoulder.

Chanyeol scooted closer to his cat, wrapping his arm around his small waist, dragging him even closer. Chanyeol planted a loving kiss against Baekhyun’s temple before resuming his conversation with his friends as he lets out soft sneezes periodically.

Were Zitao and Yixing right? Did Chanyeol really love him more than just as his owner? Baekhyun replayed the conversation in his head throughout the day, spacing out more than once.

Before Baekhyun knew it, the school day had ended, and he was on his way home with his owner. Before they had left, Jongin told Chanyeol that they would be stopping by later so he and Chanyeol could work on their project for science, and Baekhyun lit up when Jongin told him that Kyungsoo would be coming along as well. Not only that, Jongin had asked if Chanyeol was planning on bringing Baekhyun to university again the next day, to which Chanyeol replied with a yes. Kyungsoo would also be joining Jongin the next day.

Baekhyun had a small skip in his step, swinging the hand intertwined with his owner’s, completely forgetting about the conversation earlier with the hamster and jaguar.

Once home, Baekhyun immediately dashes for the kitchen, knowing it was time for his daily treat. Every day, after Chanyeol returned home from school and picked Baekhyun up if he stayed at Luhan’s or Jongin’s, he would always feed Baekhyun the special cookies he discovered by accident. Chanyeol was looking up different foods that were healthy and unhealthy for cat hybrids when he discovered the recipe for special treats for cat hybrids.

The cookies are made from the basic cookie dough ingredients, yet they have a few extra ingredients in them; heavy cream instead of milk, bananas, oatmeal, blueberries, fish oil, and a pinch of catnip. These cookies are not Baekhyun’s favorite just because of the catnip, but because Baekhyun had a week spot with fruits, so he looked forward to his daily cookie.

Chanyeol walked into the kitchen after dropping off his backpack in his room, changing quickly and grabbing Baekhyun’s house clothes that he forgot to change in to. Chanyeol quickly changes him, tickling his tummy and chin as he does so, Baekhyun giggling like mad as he smiles his signature rectangular smile, head pushed into chanyeol’s neck as sniffs there.

Chanyeol runs back to his room to put Baekhyun’s clothes away before returning, opening the cabinet and pulling out Baekhyun’s treats. He pulls a cookie from the container before walking to sit in front of his cat, whose eyes are trained the large cookie in his owner’s hand, practically drooling.

“Baekkie,” Chanyeol coos softly, his cat returning his attention to his owner.

Baekhyun gulps softly, wanting to eat his treat already.

“You know the drill, baby,” Chanyeol says, staring into his cat’s blue eyes.

The cat’s ears twitch, Baekhyun taking a small gulp again before answering, “Y-yes, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol smiles softly, “Did you practice what I told you to practice today?”

Baekhyun nods.

“Show me, kitten,” Chanyeol encourages.

Baekhyun brings his trembling hands up, thinking hard about what he learned before slowly, but confidently going through the motions.

How are you today, Taehyung? I hope you are doing well. Do you want to play with me today? You’re fun to play with! Thank you for being my friend!”

Chanyeol smiles widely, “Good job, Baekhyun! That was perfect! I’m so proud of you, Baek.”

A few months ago, a couple had moved into the house across the street. A male name Jeongguk, who was a year younger than Chanyeol, and his tiger hybrid, Taehyung. Baekhyun had been excited to meet their new neighbors, especially the hybrid, so when Chanyeol took him to meet them, he couldn’t help but bound up to the tiger, shooting off compliments to Taehyung, saying how his golden eyes sparkled, his ears looked so silky, how he was skinny but looked squishy enough to hug. However, Baekhyun was disheartened when Taehyung did not answer him, the tiger’s head tilting his head to the side in confusion as a frown played on his lips. It was then when Jeongguk had stepped in, explaining to the two that Taehyung was deaf, and therefore could not understand him. Jeongguk quickly signed everything that Baekhyun had said to his tiger, the frown on his face turning into a strikingly similar rectangular smile before he walked up to the cat, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and nuzzling his cheek against Baekhyun’s. The cat imitated the tiger’s smile, both their tails swooshing back and forth in contentment.

It was that day Baekhyun had decided to learn sign language, so he could easily communicate with Taehyung. He receives lessons from Jeongguk, as does Chanyeol, but mostly watches the videos he has on the phone Chanyeol has gifted him a month after Baekhyun appeared in the taller’s life.

Baekhyun smiles widely, holding his arms open as Chanyeol stands and walks up to him, wrapping his arms around the giant’s shoulders tightly as he nuzzles his neck, doing his own scent-marking as Chanyeol scratches at his ears, content purrs erupting from the small blonde, a white, fluffy tail making its way around Chanyeol’s waist.

“Good boy, Baek,” Chanyeol coos, running his hands up and down the cat’s back, “You’ll be able to fully communicate with Taehyung in no time.”

Baekhyun looks up at his owner, “You really think so?”

“I know so,” the owner replies, poking his cat’s lips with the cookie. Baekhyun his lips before biting down on the cookie, reaching up to grasp it with his own hands as he munches happily.

Chanyeol gives him a fond pat on the head before disappearing into his room to start his homework. Not even five minutes later, a blissed out cat hybrids waltzes into his room, sinking to the floor beside his owner as he rubs the top of his head against Chanyeol’s knee and thigh, letting out soft purrs as he does so.

Soon, Chanyeol completes his assignments, putting them away neatly in his school bag, shutting his laptop before bending down to pick up his cat hybrid, walking him to his- well, now theirs, seeing the cat refuses to sleep in his own bed -and settles them down, Baekhyun climbing to lay on top of his owner to nuzzle his face against the giant’s neck, his owner’s gentle hands his back.

Even in his catnip high, Baekhyun wonders how Chanyeol would treat them if he were to confess. Would Chanyeol stil grant him love like this, or would it increase? What if Chanyeol doesn’t feel the same way and lessens his affections?

Baekhyun falls asleep to the gentle hand and not so gentle sneezes, thinking of the perfect relationship with Chanyeol.

=^  ^=

Summertime came and went, fall passed by quickly and the time for thick coats and cups of hot chocolate was upon the citizens of South Korea. Everyone hustled from shop to shop, picking out presents for loved ones or planning reservations for restaurants on Christmas Eve and day.

It’s been five months since Sehun brought up the question of Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s relationship, and five months Baekhyun had spent contemplating the pros and cons on telling his owner his feelings or not. Throughout those months, Sehun, Zitao, and Kyungsoo had encouraged their cat friend to just tell his owner the truth, stating Chanyeol would not love him any less if he so happened to not feel the same.

Even with all the encouragement, Baekhyun still couldn’t bring himself to utter his true feelings.

Christmas was in three weeks, and that meant Chanyeol had that time off. Chanyeol had asked his cat countless times what he wanted for Christmas, but Baekhyun would only reply with a shrug and a smile. Obviously, what Baekhyun wanted wasn’t something that would come easily.

As Baekhyun watched Chanyeol struggle to figure out what to gift his companion, Baekhyun only grew fonder of his tall and clumsy owner. It was then he decided, ready or not, he’d confess to Chanyeol on Christmas day.

=^  ^=

Christmas was still two weeks away, but Baekhyun was a mess. He had told the other hybrids in Chanyeol’s circle about his plan to tell Chanyeol how he felt, and received tons of cheers and encouragement in return before things got serious. The first idea, where they’d wrap Baekhyun up in tons of ribbon and stuff him in a giant present box, was thrown out right away, much to the dismay of Jongdae. Zitao and Sehun had suggested creating a scavenger hunt, where Chanyeol would have to search the house full of clues that lead to a final clue that Baekhyun would give him, confessing that way. Though a good idea, Baekhyun wasn’t too fond of the idea, only because he knew Chanyeol tended to get antsy when guessing games and clues were put into play.

“I’m pretty sure that Chanyeol will like anything you get him, but I’m sure he’ll love something that you’ve put a lot of thought in, something homemade, something from your heart,” Yixing says, uncaring of the bushy tail smacking against his thigh as he rubs Sehun’s ears.

Baekhyun thought about it. Something from the heart?

“Okay, but- that doesn’t really narrow it down,” Baekhyun replied.

“Well, what stands out about Chanyeol? What does he do often? What does he enjoy doing?” Jongdae asks, trying his best to nip at Zitao’s tail that swings in front of his face.

“Uh… Oh! He sneezes often!” Baekhyun beams, but then frowns, “But I don’t think he enjoys it.”

“Hmm. Ah, doesn’t Chanyeol like music?” Yixing asks.

“Oh, yeah! Every day or so, Chan usually takes his guitar out to either write new songs or just to play,” Baekhyun says.

“Then how about you make him a song?” Zitao suggests before yelping because Jongdae managed to snag his tail between his teeth.

“I can’t really sing though, and I don’t even know how to write a song,” the white cat says.

“Oh, I know! Yifan knows some basics in art, maybe he and I can help you create a painting for Chanyeol,” Zitao says, his tail swishing back and forth in excitement.

“I’ve never painted before. What if it comes out badly?” Baekhyun points out.

“No worries, all that matters is that Chanyeol knows you put a lot of effort, heart and soul into it. Like Yixing-ge said, he’ll love anything made by you,” the jaguar replies, a proud grin on his face.

“I… I guess that could work. B-but what do I paint him?” Baekhyun asks.

Kyungsoo, who a had been quiet the entire time, bolts up from his position on Baekhyun’s lap, snaps his finger and grins, fluffy black tail shaking in excitement behind him, “I know what you should paint him.”

Christmas was only two weeks away and Baekhyun felt like he was 2 seconds away from bursting.

=^  ^=

Christmas arrived, but not alone. A snowstorm had followed along with it, much to many people’s displeasure, having to re-schedule their dinner reservations to another day.

The only displeasure it brought to Chanyeol and Baekhyun was that their friends were unable to meet up for dinner.

Chanyeol didn’t mind as much, it just meant he got to spend the day with his cat, hugging him closer in their bed, burying his face in the smaller’s neck, trying to gain more warmth from the abnormal body heat of the hybrid. Baekhyun smiled and purred in his sleep, his tiny arms wrapping tightly around his owner’s waist, nuzzling his head against Chanyeol’s. It was only nine, which meant it was still too early to be up, so a morning cuddle session seemed to be a better idea.

By the time they both decided to get up from their warm cocoon, it was already eleven. Unbothered by the time, Chanyeol had wrapped Baekhyun up in their fluffy duvet, lifting him up and carrying him out to the living room where tons of presents sat beneath the brightly lit tree. Baekhyun had begun to squirm, too excited to stay still any longer.

Chanyeol chuckled, letting the cat down gently before walking to the kitchen to grab himself a cup of coffee. When he returned, Baekhyun had already piled his presents together on the floor. Chanyeol sat down next to the over-excited cat, only to have the said cat sit on his lap a moment later, first present in hand.

“Go ahead, Baek. Who’s this one from?” Chanyeol asked.

“Kyungsoo and Jongin,” Baekhyun said, opening the pretty gingerbread wrapping paper gently. With the wrapping gone, Baekhyun open the box and pulled out two sweaters, couple sweaters might I add, one for Baekhyun and the other for Chanyeol. The sweaters were not Christmas themed, much to Baekhyun delight, but the base black, with Chanyeol’s sweater holding a large white “B” in the middle, and Baekhyun’s with the letter “C”. The cat squealed, hugging the sweaters and nuzzling back into Chanyeol’s chest. The owner smiled fondly, rubbing his cat’s head softly.

“Alright- ACHOO! -sorry. Alright, next one?” Chanyeol said, reaching behind him to grab a tissue.

Baekhyun stretches to reach the big box wrapped up in candy cane paper. He gently pulls the paper apart, revealing a cardboard box. He opens the flaps and pulls out a gigantic Rilakkuma plushie. A happy squeal leaves his mouth as he nuzzles his face against the bear’s, purring in delight. Chanyeol picks up the discarded paper, reading the label.

For when Baek gets tired of trying to cuddle with you cause you can’t sit still for .

Lots of love,
Yifan and Zitao

Chanyeol snorts. Typical.

The next present is from Luhan and Sehun, where they were so generous to gift them a gift card to a nice restaurant. Minseok and Jongdae had given Baekhyun three new outfits, and had given Chanyeol more books to add to his small collection on the bookshelf by the TV.

When it came to Junmyeon and Yixing’s present, Chanyeol’s eyes nearly popped out from their sockets. It was a clear fact that Junmyeon was rich, coming from a wealthy family, even though he didn’t show it. Junmyeon had given Baekhyun a brand new laptop, already loaded with songs, books and movies already loaded onto it. Chanyeol, stil gaping while Baekhyun’s tail swished as he explored the laptop, opened the card that was attached.

Chanyeol,

I know you may think this is a lot, but I think it will help Baekhyun. I remember when I first got Yixing, and he had so many questions about humans and the world we live in, so by giving Baekhyun this tablet, I hope it will help him gain a better understanding about what world he lives in.

Plus, I’m sure you’ll get some good use out of it too, I’ve already loaded a music composition set onto the laptop so you can start planning out new songs like you used to.

Also, enjoy the gift card!

Love,
Junmyeon and Yixing

“Baek, make sure you really thank Junmyeon and Yixing the next time you see them. Especially Junmyeon. This is a very nice present and I want you to know that, so please make sure to thank them, yeah?” Chanyeol says, Baekhyun smiling brightly up at him as he turns back to the laptop.

Chanyeol gently removes the cat from his lap and walks towards the back of the tree, retrieving a box with simple red wrapping and a white bow adoring the top. Baekhyun looks up at his owner, eyes trained on the box in curiosity.

Chanyeol sits in front of Baekhyun, setting the box between them between them.

“So, it’s really not much, but I worked really hard on this, and I really hope you like it,” Chanyeol says, gently smile on his face as he looks lovingly into his cat’s eyes.

Baekhyun gulps and slowly reaches towards the box, gently removing the wrapping before removing the lid of the box, gasping as he stares at the contents. Inside lay a doll that strikingly resembled Chanyeol, and though not one-hundred percent accurate, it still very much looked like his owner. Baekhyun picks up the doll and brings it closer, noticing the sturdy stitch-work and the very Chanyeol smile on the dolls face.

“I made you a doll that somewhat looks like me, so when I’m at school and you’re home by yourself when the other hybrids can’t come over, you’ll have a little, well, me, to keep you company. Whenever you get sad, and I can’t be there to comfort you, you can hug this and use it to comfort you until I’m there to replace it. With this doll, though it’s not the real thing, I’ll always be there and you can always look at this doll until I come back to replace it instead,” Chanyeol says, gently the cheek that now how small tears running down it. If Chanyeol didn’t know his cat any better, he would have thought his small speech had made Baekhyun sad, by the way Baekhyun’s lips shook and twitched upwards at the corners, and the sparkle in those crystal eyes, he knew he had tugged at his cat’s heartstrings. The small gestures only made him love his adorable cat even more.

Baekhyun sniffled before bring the doll closer to gently rub his nose against the dolls, sniffing slightly to catch the natural scent of the doll’s human counterpart. Though Baekhyun had never really received gifts until today, this had already become the gift he would always favor and cherish.

With the doll now clutched to his chest, Baekhyun rises to his knees to shuffle forward, this time nuzzling his nose against his owner’s, Chanyeol’s hand that was rested on his cheek now moved to his nape to massage. Low purrs erupted and Baekhyun brought up one of his arms to wrap around Chanyeol’s neck. Chanyeol wrapped an arm around the boy’s small waist, tugging him closer until Baekhyun sat on Chanyeol’s lap again, the pair hugging tightly.

It felt like hours that the two were wrapped up in their comfortable little bubble before Baekhyun pulled away, standing up with the doll clutched to his chest and he quickly shuffle to his room to receive chanyeol’s present.

The canvas was rather large, Baekhyun having a small panic attack when Yifan had first placed it in front of him on the easel. Baekhyun wondered how both Yifan and Zitao would be able to help him cover the entire thing in paint.

What was doubt at first had turned into hope as the days progressed. The once blank canvas was quickly beginning to fill with different colors, until finally, the day before Christmas Eve, Baekhyun had managed to complete his project, though he was still nervous to give it to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun manages to haul the heavy item with him from his old room to the living room. With it wrapped up nicely in wrapping paper, Baekhyun sets it down in front of Chanyeol before sitting down across from him.

“I’m already going to let you know, and I’m not saying it to be humble, but it isn’t all that amazing, b-because it’s my first time doing something like it,” Baekhyun mumbles.

Chanyeol smiles and reaches across to tug on one of his cat’s ears, “Don’t worry, Baek. Whatever you did, I know I’ll love it.”

Baekhyun gave a nervous smile before gently pushing the present closer to his owner. Chanyeol started to pick at the wrapping, ripping off pieces until the back of the canvas was shown. With gentle hands, Chanyeol flips over the canvas to reveal a painting he hadn’t expected from Baekhyun. For a beginner, and for never having done any sort of art in his life, the painting was pretty spot on. The painting was a copy of the first picture Chanyeol had taken with Baekhyun, a week after Luhan had decided to throw the cat hybrid at the unexperienced owner.

In the painting stood Chanyeol, sitting down on a park bench, the human dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey t-shirt. On his lap sat a very happy cat hybrid, white ears pointed upward and fluffy tailed wrapped around the wrist of his owner. Chanyeol had smooshed their cheeks together and wrapped his arms around his cat’s waist tightly.  Though still shy around his goofy, yet handsome, owner, Baekhyun had a bright smile on his face. Chanyeol thought it would be cute to dress his hybrid in a similar outfit for their picture together, Kyungsoo and Jongin being their photographers that day. What Chanyeol remembers of that day, was that he couldn’t wipe the smile from his face.

Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a worried look because a few minutes have passed, and Chanyeol hadn’t give any response except a bug-eyed look as he stared the painting in his hands.

“C-Chan? Do you… like it?” Baekhyun timidly questioned.

Snapped out of his stupor, a slow, yet a smile that could make the Joker jealous appeared on Chanyeol’s face. Gently setting the painting next to him, Chanyeol then reached forward and grabbed the cat, tugging him onto his lap and nearly crushing the life out of with his hug.

Shocked for a moment, Baekhyun had begun to bring a smile to his, wrapping his arms tightly around Chanyeol’s shoulders, nuzzling his head into the giant’s neck.

“I’m so glad you like it, Yeol,” Baekhyun mumbled into his neck, “I was so worried that you wouldn’t like it.”

Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun tighter, bringing his hand up to his head to scratch behind an ear, “I already told you, silly. I’d love whatever you make me.”

Baekhyun giggled, pulling back to get a better look at Chanyeol’s face. His smiled shrunk a little, his eyes hardening. It was now or never.

Picking up on his cat’s change of emotion, he brought both his hands to cup Baekhyun’s cheeks, his thumb rubbing at his cheekbones, “What’s wrong, kitten?”

Baekhyun took a deep breath, closing his eyes before releasing it, “I have something to tell you, Yeol.”

Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a silent prod to continue.

“I… Lately- actually, for a while now, I’ve been noticing a change in something. In myself. I know it’s not a bad thing, but I won’t really know that until I get your answer. Chanyeol, for a while now, I’ve noticed that I don’t see you as just my owner, as my caretaker, as a someone who is entitled to take care of me because of your name on my papers. I love you, Chanyeol. I love you, all of you. I love how you know everything about me. I love how you know just where to scratch behind my ears. I love how you always feed me yummy food, and take me out to amazing places. I love how you aren’t afraid to show me off, not just to your- our- friends, but every time we go out in public. I love you so much, Park Chanyeol.”

He wasn’t crying, but Baekhyun was pretty close to doing so. He had just confessed to his owner. He had fallen for this tall goofball in such a short time, it almost scared him. He didn’t expect to fall as hard as he did, but now that he managed to confess his feelings, he felt better. He only had to wait for Chanyeol’s response now.

It felt like another eternity had passed. Baekhyun’s arms still wrapped around Chanyeol’s shoulders, Chanyeol’s now fallen to his waist. Finally, Chanyeol’s face broke into a grin, his arms tightening once again before pulling the cat to him, his lips meeting soft pink ones. A muffled gasp came from Baekhyun before his wide, blue eyes closed, giving into the sweetness that was Chanyeol. He could feel Chanyeol smiling, tilting his head to kiss the hybrid deeper, Baekhyun giggling as the giant’s hands wandered to his sides, tickling him gently before the hybrid pulled away, crying with laughter as Chanyeol grinned widely, laughing along with Baekhyun as continued his torture.

Afterwards, Chanyeol brought the hybrid into another hug, peppering his face with kisses, “Don’t worry, Bacon. I love you too.”

Baekhyun’s world was complete.

“Ya big dork,” Baekhyun giggled, Chanyeol already leaning in for another kiss-

“ACHOO!”

“Good job, Yeol.”


A/N: I'll try working on part three as fast as possible, so make sure to look at for that. Part Three will be the final chapter is this short story! See you next time!

またね~