Allergies Bite

Allergic to You

Words: 4359


It was a beautiful winter day in Seoul. The sun was out, slightly hidden by thin clouds, a nice breeze made itself known to the bodies walking through the streets, and business for shops was booming like normal. Despite the varying volumes of voices throughout the area, the noisy sounds of cars honking and zooming by, it was quite a quiet and peaceful day.

“ACHOO!”

Well, almost.

“Geez Yeol,” said Jongin, one of Chanyeol’s best friend from elementary, scooting his chair back a bit, “You need to start bringing allergy medicine with you.”

“You tell me this often, but you know that no amount of allergy medicine is gonna help me,” Chanyeol said as he the fuzzy creature weaving around his legs. The cat let out a purr at the attention it was receiving.

“Well, either figure out some way to suppress those allergies, or steer clear of cats,” Jongin said, a hand scratching behind the ears of his bunny hybrid, Kyungsoo.

“Jongin, don’t be mean, can’t you see how much Chanyeol adores cats?” Kyungsoo said, pouting at his owner-turned-boyfriend’s words.

“I’m not being mean, I’m just pointing out the obvious,” Jongin replied, tugging playfully at the bunny’s black ears, the hybrid squeaking and glaring in response.

“It’s fine Soo, Nini’s right. But I can’t just exclude cats from my daily life, I’d die,” Chanyeol sighs, internally chuckling at the couple’s shenanigans.

“Hey, it’s okay Yeol, maybe it’ll pass someday,” says Kyungsoo, holding onto Chanyeol’s hand.

“Maybe.”

“Hey man, it’s alright. Maybe your immune system just needs to build up a tolerance for cats, then in no time, you’ll be able to pet all the cats you want with having a sneeze attack,” Jongin said, patting Chanyeol’s shoulder, “If you need anything, call me. I gotta take Soo for his checkup. Later Yeol.”

“Bye guys.”

=^  ^=

Chanyeol rubbed his nose as he made his way home. He found another stray after Jongin and Kyungsoo left, and of course, tried to pet it. Just as he was about to touch the furry creature, he let out a violent sneeze, scaring the cat in the process.

Heaving a sigh, he trudged the rest of the way home, thinking about how nice it would be to cuddle with a cat without sneezing. Chanyeol walks into his home, setting down his backpack on the sofa in the living room before heading to the kitchen for a glass of water. Just as he was about to take a sip, his doorbell rang.

Setting down his glass, he makes his way to the door, looking through the peep-hole before opening the door.

“Yo, Chanyeol!” says Luhan, Chanyeol’s other best friend from elementary.

“Hey Lu, what’s up?” replies Chanyeol, eying his friend because Luhan never comes over unannounced without causing trouble.

“Oh, nothing really. Just another great day in paradise with Sehunnie by my side,” Luhan says, beaming at the taller male, “but I didn’t come to blab to you about how utterly adorable my pup is. I have a surprise for you!”

“Oh?” Chanyeol hums.

“Yep, and here it is!” Luhan replies, grabbing something, or someone, from the side of the house, “Meet Baekhyun, a cat hybrid!”

Um, what?

Chanyeol stares dumbly at the boy with honey blonde hair, white ears and tail with a petite figure that’s covered in white long-sleeve and black knee shorts. Not to mention with a face that women could envy and striking blue eyes.

“Um, Lu?” Chanyeol says, not taking his gaze away from the beautiful cat.

“Isn’t he just the most adorable thing? I was walking by the pet store on my way home, when I saw this cutie sitting in the window. Obviously, I can’t take him home because Hunnie would be a about it (pun intended), so why not give my friend a gift as wonderful as this?’ Luhan says, positively beaming at his kindness to his friend, all the while granting Baekhyun a few scratches to his head.

“Um, Lu, this is a fantastic surprise and everything, but aren’t you forgetting a… small detail?” Chanyeol questions, now directing his faze to the beaming Chinese boy.

“Hmm? Oh, the whole “allergic to cats of all kind thing”? Yeah, I didn’t think about that until after I got Baek, but it’ll be fine, won’t it? Maybe with you spending time with Baek, your body will start to be immune to cats. Gosh, I’m so brilliant!” Luhan beams again, seeming happy with what he has accomplished today, “But anyway! I gotta hurry home, Sehunnie gets grumpy if I’m gone too long.”

Luhan gently pushes Baekhyun towards Chanyeol, causing the poor cat to stumble and land into Chanyeol’s chest, the human’s arms coming to wrap around him to support him.

“Baekhyun has already had his vaccinations, and he already has an assigned vet at the pet store,” Luhan hands him a folder with Chanyeol assumes is Baekhyun’s medical records, “But he doesn’t have clothes or other possessions, so you’re the one that’s gonna need to get him that stuff. Also, he needs a collar, or he could risk being taken away when you’re out in public. Anyway, if you have more questions, call me or Jongin. Later Yeol!”

Luhan takes off quickly, giving Chanyeol no chance to react. Instead, he stands there in a daze until he remembers there’s an adorable cat hybrid in his arms, who is currently trying to nuzzle into Chanyeol’s chest. “Okay, he is kind of adorable. No wonder Luhan chose him. Maybe I can do th-

“ACHOO!”

The hybrid flinched backwards, his back hitting the door and his small frame shaking. Chanyeol covered his mouth and nose, his eyes wide.

“Oh my- oh my gosh. I’m so sorry. I just- I’m a little allergic to cats. But it’s okay! I’m not gonna hurt you buddy, hey, it’s okay,” Chanyeol says gently, trying to calm down the shaking cat. Baekhyun relaxes, but still stays glued to the door

“Okay, so, uh, I’m… allergic to cats, but uh, we can work this out, right?” Chanyeol says

The cat just stares at him.

“Hey, it’s alright, we’ll be fine,” Chanyeol holds his hand out, “Are you hungry?”

Baekhyun looks at the hand, then the man’s face before taking it into his own tiny one, giving Chanyeol a nod, “Yes.”

Chanyeol smiles, “Let’s get some food in you.”

Chanyeol leads the hybrid to the kitchen, seating him down at one of the stools at the kitchen island before heading to the fridge and taking out a pack of salmon he was supposed to make for tonight. Luckily, it was enough for two people.

“Do you like salmon?” Chanyeol asks, still looking through the fridge for vegetables.

“Y-yes, I like salmon. It’s my favorite,” Baekhyun replies softly, watching in interest at the taller male pulls out more food from the fridge.

“Alright, then we can have that for dinner. Do you want to stay here, or do you want to explore the house? Chanyeol asks, pulling out pans and utensils from various cupboards.

“C-can I stay here with you? I-I want to explore the h-house with you,” Baekhyun replies, ears tipping back and his tail curling around his waist for security.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” Chanyeol looks in the direction of the hybrid, “hey, there’s no need to be scared, nothing’s gonna hurt you. I won’t hurt you.”

Chanyeol makes his way over to the cat, first turning his head to let out a sneeze, but proceeds to make his way to the cat. He raises his hand, the cat following the movement, and Chanyeol gently rests his hand the cat’s head, softly behind the white ears. Baekhyun lets out a purr, his head nudging at the hand in a silent gesture of satisfaction. Chanyeol smiles and bring his other hand to scratch underneath Baekhyun’s chine, another round of loud purrs erupting from the small body.

Chanyeol chuckles, “You are seriously adorable.”

Baekhyun, though still purring at the affection he’s getting from his new owner, blushes at the comment, “T-Thank you, Master.”

Chanyeol looked at the boy, “Don’t call me Master, call me Chanyeol instead.”

“O-okay, Mas- Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said, a faint smile on his face.

Chanyeol looked up for the time and saw it was getting late. The hybrid was probably tired from whatever happened today, so Chanyeol stood up and stretched.

“It’s getting pretty late, are you tired?” Chanyeol asked.

Baekhyun nodded slightly, “Yeah, a little.”

“Alright, come on. I’ll show you your room.”

The hybrid stands up and follows after the human, one hand unconsciously grabbing the back of Chanyeol’s shirt. Chanyeol lets out a small smile.

They make it to the door of the guest bedroom, now Baekhyun’s bedroom, and enter. The room is a decent size, a bed with black and white sheets in the middle, the walls painted white with hardwood floors. Chanyeol gently nudges Baekhyun into the room to get himself acquainted.

“So, this will be your room. It’s not much at the moment, but hopefully we can change that later on. There’s a bathroom down the hall, so feel free to use that whenever you want. I’ll be right back, I’ll get you some clothes to sleep in,” Chanyeol says, quickly ruffling the boy’s head before turning on his heel and down the hall to his own bedroom. Baekhyun stares are the spot the human was just standing in before he turns his attention to the- his -room. The hybrid makes his way to the bed, feeling it with his hands before climbing on top of it and sitting.

The bed is pretty comfortable, but…” Baekhyun thinks, run his hand along the sheets.

His cat ears perk up at the sound of footsteps, and a second later, Chanyeol walks in carrying clothes and a towel. The clothes consist of black sweatpants that look too big, a gray shirt that also looks too big, but comfy, and what he assumes is a new pair of underwear.

“Sorry, they most likely will be a little big, but it will have to do for now until we get you clothes of your own. I brought you a towel in case you wanted to clean up. I also set a new toothbrush in the bathroom for you. Is there anything else you need?” Chanyeol asks, setting down the items on the desk in the corner before sitting next to the hybrid.

“N-no, I’m good. Thank you for e-everything,” Baekhyun says, leaning towards the taller male to nudge and nuzzle his arm. Chanyeol’s hand comes up to pet the cat’s head, receiving purrs in response.

“I’ll be in my room if you need me. Night, Baekhyun,” Chanyeol said, scratching the boy’s chin before standing and closing the door behind him. Baekhyun listens to the disappearing footsteps before he stands and quickly changes his clothes. After setting aside his old clothes, Baekhyun crawled under the covers and turned off the light on the nightstand. Baekhyun curled up under the covers, but after a while of trying to find a comfortable position, he sat straight up and huffed. Slowly, he got out of bed and walked to the door of his room, opening it and peaking down the hall. The hallway and living room were dark, but slightly illuminated by the moonlight, but thankfully, the hybrid had night vision. He quietly walked down the hall and stopped at the door he assumed belong to Chanyeol. He opened the door slowly, and looked inside, his eyes locking on the body on the bed

Baekhyun stepped inside, quietly closing the door behind him before making his way to the lump on the bed. Stopping by the edge of the bed, Baekhyun gazed at Chanyeol’s sleeping form. Call him creepy, but Chanyeol looked really warm and comfortable to lay next to, so doing just that, Baekhyun crawled onto the bed, laying down next to Chanyeol’s form before snuggling into the sleeping figure. A small purr of happiness escaped the hybrid’s mouth as he felt Chanyeol’s body heat, snuggling more into him before closing his eyes and drifting off.

=^  ^=

Warm. It was really warm.

Chanyeol let out a groan and turned over, his arm wrapping around his warm pillow. Wait. Pillows aren’t this warm. And they certainly don’t purr.

Cracking open his eyes, Chanyeol looked down to see a sleeping Baekhyun, ears twitching occasionally and the hybrid’s arms wrapped around the taller’s wait, his face buried into Chanyeol’s neck and shoulder.

Chanyeol was a little too warm for his liking, but he didn’t want to move. Baekhyun was absolutely adorable when he sleeps, not to mention him being extremely comfortable. Chanyeol didn’t miss the way the hybrid fit perfectly his arms.s

Carefully shifting to not stir the cat, Chanyeol guided himself onto his back, gently pulling the cat so he was resting almost on top of Chanyeol. The cat’s arms shifted until his hands rested on the human’s chest, his tail unconsciously wrapping around the human’s thigh, and Chanyeol tightened one arm around his waist, the other coming up to the back of the cat’s head. More soft purrs erupted from the body on top of him.

Chanyeol let out a smile. His face nuzzling into the head of honey blonde hair and fuzzy white ears.

“ACHOO!”

The white cat yowled and rolled off the human, not so softly landing on the floor while Chanyeol jumped from the bed, grabbing a tissue to rub his nose before rushing to Baekhyun, gently picking him up and resting him back on the bed. Baekhyun rubbed side, his ears flattened against his head and his tailed curled around his waist.

“Geezus, Baek, I’m so sorry,” Chanyeol said guiltily, his rubbing circles into Baekhyun’s hurt side

“W-what was the for?” Baekhyun pouted.

“Sorry, Baek. It’s the allergy things again,” Chanyeol said, moving his head to the cat’s head.

Baekhyun nuzzled into the hand, “It’s okay, C-Chanyeol. You didn’t mean for it t-to happen.”

Chanyeol smiled, not stopping his ministrations, “Are you hungry?”

Baekhyun looked up and smile, “Yes!”

“Alright, what do you want?” the human chuckled, helping Baekhyun from the bed and leading him to the kitchen.

“W-whatever you’re having. Chanyeol,” the cat replied, sitting at the island as he watches Chanyeol move around the kitchen.

“Hmm, alright. How does fried rice sound? I can put in some of the salmon from yesterday,” Chanyeol suggested, looking at the cat who was grinning an adorable rectangle smile.

“Okay!”

=^  ^=

After their breakfast, Chanyeol told Baekhyun to go take a shower so they could go out and look for clothes and other items for the hybrid to call his own; however, Chanyeol was faced with a problem.

“What do you mean no?” Chanyeol asked, bewildered at the somewhat unexpected response.

“I will not bathe,” Baekhyun said, sitting on the couch, crossing his arms.

“B-but Baek, you need to shower, or you’ll start to stink,” Chanyeol said, still standing a good few feet away from the couch.

“Then I’ll stink, but I will not bathe,” responded the cat.

“Okay, but uh, why?” Chanyeol questioned.

“Water is evil. Therefore, I will not sit in it,” Baekhyun said.

“It is not evil, Baek. It makes you feel all clean and fresh, and it makes you really relaxed knowing that you’re clean,” Chanyeol tries, trying to think of a way to convince the cat to enter the tub.

“Still no. Cats don’t like water,” Baekhyun said.

“But you’re only half cat? Then how do you usually clean yourself?” Chanyeol asked, but already knowing the answer.

“Same way all cats would bathe themselves,” Baekhyun said, sticking out his pink tongue, “But the mean ladies at the pet store always forced me.”

“Well, looks like that’s what I’m gonna have to do,” Chanyeol said, quickly striding over to the putting cat and picking him up, throwing him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

“What the- HEY! Put me down!” Baekhyun shrieked, trying to wiggle his way out of the taller’s arms; however, Chanyeol was too strong and also, Baekhyun has his claws clipped and rounded when he was purchased by Luhan.

“Nuh uh, if you behave, this will be easy. If not, then we’ll do this the hard way,” Chanyeol grunted, keeping his grip on the squirming hybrid. What the hell happened to the shy, stuttering catboy from yesterday?

“Well, good luck,” Baekhyun snorts.

“What the hell happened to you?” Chanyeol mumbles.

“What?”

“What happened? You were completely shy and quiet yesterday, now you’re bratty as hell. Did I do something? Besides accidently kicking you of the bed,” Chanyeol huffs, not voicing the last sentence.

“I was scared yesterday, thus explaining my shyness. Be honored, I’m comfortable around you,” the catboy says.

“Oh, so I should be honored that you’re acting like brat?”

“Duh.”

Chanyeol huffs again, and by this time, they’re already in the bathroom, with the door locked.

“Alright, are we doing this the easy way, or the hard way?” Chanyeol questions, crossing his arms at his chest.

Baekhyun copies Chanyeol’s stance, though, the frown is turned into a smirk on the boy’s face, “Bring it yoda.”

Chanyeol growls in his throat and makes his way towards Baekhyun. Just as he’s about to reach out for the cat, Baekhyun swoops under arm and runs towards the door, trying his best to unlock it; however, he’s stopped when a pair of long arms make their way around his body; one around his waist, the other one around his waist and holding onto his shoulder. The cat hisses slightly but is cutoff when Chanyeol lifts him up and proceeds towards the shower stall. Baekhyun begins to wiggle more, trying his best to free himself, but Chanyeol is stil stronger and manages to keep his grip long enough to step into the shower with the cat before turning on the water. The cat lets out a shriek as semi-warm water drenches his still-clothed form.

“You do not want to test me, Baek,” Chanyeol says, letting the now calm cat down before stepping out of the shower himself, grabbing one of the towels to try and dry himself off, “Make sure you wash properly.”

Chanyeol starts to walk towards the door but a hand grabbing his damp shirt stops him. Chanyeol turns around and is met with wide eyes.

“I-I’m sorry. B-but can you… help me?” the catboy asks, his voice back to being shy.

“Help you?” the human questions, turning around and setting his towel down.

“Y-yeah. The ladies at the pet store… always bathed me, so… I…” the cat trailed off.

“Oh,” Chanyeol said dumbly.

“Y-yeah, so,” Baekhyun looked down, slightly shivering.

“W-well, um, I guess... you can undress. I’ll turn around,” Chanyeol said, doing just that. He heard the sounds of clothes ruffling behind him before Baekhyun told him he was done.

Chanyeol turned around, trying not to be flustered by the bare cat, and reach for the shampoo, squirting it into his hands and reaching out for that cat and rubbing the soap through his hair, also trying not to think about how soft his hair, especially his ears, were. Chanyeol gently lifts Baekhyun’s head back with a hand under his chin, granting him small scratches as he rinses the shampoo out, the cat purring as he does so. The human repeats the process with the conditioner, telling Baekhyun to scrub himself down with a soapy towel. After the awkward event- well, awkward on Chanyeol’s part -the human gently dries off the cat, being extra careful when drying his hair. Once deemed dry enough, Chanyeol exits the bathroom and returns with a black shirt and khaki shorts for the boy. He quickly helps him get dressed and they both head to the door of the house, a red hue grazing Chanyeol’s face while the catboy smiles in content and grabs onto Chanyeol’s hand.

=^  ^=

Chanyeol takes Baekhyun to the clothing shop downtown and tells the boy to pick out anything he wants. With a rectangular smile on his face, Baekhyun runs off to find clothes he likes while Chanyeol strolls around, looking for things he thinks might suit Baekhyun. About half an hour later, Baekhyun returns with an impressive pile in is arms. Chanyeol’s pile isn’t as big as the smaller boy’s, but he has picked out quite a few things for him.

Baekhyun managed to pick out about 15 shirts, 10 pairs of pants, and three different shoes. Chanyeol picked out 5 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and one pair of shoes, as well as a pack of socks, a beanie, two hats, three scarves, and a pack of underwear (because he’s not letting Baekhyun borrow his).

Happy with the selection, Baekhyun follows Chanyeol to check out, where the cashier seems to be infatuated with the good looking human. She takes every opportunity to “accidentally” brush hands with Chanyeol, and to Baekhyun, that was unacceptable. How dare this human try touching his owner. Baekhyun, not so subtly, moves to nudge his head against Chanyeol’s arm, then his chest, and though shocked, Chanyeol reaches a hand up to scratch behind the boy’s cat ears, a purr erupting from the hybrid’s throat. Although small sneezes escape him, Chanyeol continues to gently caress the cat, mistaking his possessiveness for gratitude. The girl watches the scene, a little annoyed, but continues to scan the items.

After departing from the clothes shop, Chanyeol leads Baekhyun down a few streets before walking into a hybrid shop. Already knowing what he’s looking for, Chanyeol heads directly to the collar section, browsing through the collars of various size, color, and design. Baekhyun joins him, looking through the collars himself, but more focused on the way his owner examines each collar. A smile creeps its way onto the hybrid’s face.

Chanyeol almost gives up until he spots it, the perfect collar. He gently picks the item up, feeling the soft texture of leather, before holding it next to the cat’s neck. The collar is simple- black, with a silver buckle to fasten it together, a rectangle tag on the front where Baekhyun’s name, Chanyeol’s name and phone number will be engraved. The dark collar contrasts beautifully against the creamy skin of Baekhyun’s neck.

“Whatcha think?” Chanyeol asks, not able to keep the smile off his face.

Baekhyun eyes the item, before a rectangular smile appears, “It’s perfect.”

The two walk to the front, Chanyeol handing the collar to the cashier, giving his information before the cashier walks to the backroom to quickly engrave the collar. He returns about ten minutes later, handing the finished collar to Chanyeol as he hands over the money. Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun, kneeling to the floor before reaching up to fasten the collar against the cat’s neck. Baekhyun almost cries because finally, he’s officially Chanyeol’s. He nuzzles into the human’s chest, purring happily; also to stop his tears from flowing.

By the time they exit the shop, it’s already noon, and Baekhyun’s stomach growls. Chuckling, Chanyeol loads the items into the truck of his car and takes them both to a small café close to their house. Chanyeol tells Baekhyun to order what he wants, but the cat insists on sharing whatever Chanyeol decides to order, saying that Chanyeol had spent enough on him today. Though money isn’t an issue to the human, he shrugs and orders a ham sandwich and salad. The food arrives quickly, and Chanyeol somehow ends up with a lap full of hybrid, putting bits of the sandwich and bites of the salad into the awaiting mouth. Chanyeol, however, doesn’t mind, smiling as he feeds his cat and gets to know him better. It’s only been a day since Chanyeol has had the catboy thrown into his life, but he feels as if he’s know the cat forever. The pair continue on with their meal, sneezes still escaping the taller, but the smaller doesn’t seem to mind, only leaning further into Chanyeol as he’s spoiled.

=^  ^=

It’s close to midnight, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were sitting on the couch- more like Baekhyun sitting on Chanyeol -in the living room, watching a movie. Baekhyun seemed to be immersed into the movie, but fighting to stay awake as well, his head drooping back onto Chanyeol’s shoulder from time to time before it shoots up, only to continue falling back five minutes later. Chanyeol, however, was more interested in Baekhyun that the movement on the screen. He watched as Baekhyun’s ears flicked every few moments, the way the cat’s tail tightened around the human’s leg when the scene grew intense before relaxing once again, the way he unconsciously adjusted himself to sink further into his human pillow. To Chanyeol, everything about his companion shouted adorable, causing him to slightly tighten his arms around the cat’s waist.

“ACHOO!”

A hiss and a thump later, a hybrid sat on the floor, a scowl on his face, while an elf of a human furiously rubbed his nose, apology after apology spilling from his mouth before dropping to the floor to pick up his unhappy cat.

“I’m so sorry, Baek,” Chanyeol said once again.

Frown still on his face, Baekhyun accepted the plea before crawling back onto the couch, the time resting his head on Chanyeol’s lap and settling down.

Chanyeol sighed, running his fingers through the slightly tangled honey blonde strands, giving small scratches behind white cat ears every once in a while. If the cat was falling asleep before, he certainly didn’t have any trouble drifting off, purring happily.

After Baekhyun passed out, Chanyeol turned off the television, scooping the cat up in arms, heading towards his bedroom after turning off the lights in the living room and hallway. Already dressed in pajamas, Chanyeol pulled back the covers on his bed, gently setting down the slumbering cat before walking to the other side of the bed and crawling in himself. He pulled the cat closer to his body, an arm wrapping around a small waist, a smile gracing his features before following Baekhyun into the dream world.

“ACHOO!”

Not before his trademark, anyway.


A/N: Again, sorry for any grammar and spelling mistakes. I'll most likely go back an fix those, but I hope you all enjoyed this story!

Have a great day <3

またね~