Sneeze Monster

Allergic to You

 

Just in case you need reference on who is what hybrid species:

-Baekhyun – White Ragdoll Cat

-Kyungsoo – Black Dwarf Bunny

-Sehun – Red Husky

-Zitao – Black Jaguar

-Yixing – Teddy Bear Hamster

-Jongdae – Domestic Ferret


Words: 2362


It’s been a few months since Baekhyun had confessed his feelings. He was enjoying the new treatment he was receiving from Chanyeol, all the extra hugs, cuddles, kisses, etc. However, there was something that bothered Baekhyun whenever he was with Chanyeol. Of course, he loved the tall idiot, he really did. He loved him especially when he would casually grant him a scratch behind the ears, or when his gentle hands would rub soothing circles into his lower back or tummy. He loves the cuddles, whether in bed or on the couch watching a movie. To Baekhyun, Chanyeol made everything better, and everything about him shouted perfection.

“ACHOO!”

Well, close to perfection.

Recently, Chanyeol had begun to sneeze even more than he usually did. At first, Baekhyun would joke around, saying that his confession and Chanyeol’s acceptance. However, as time passed the amount of times he would sneeze per day was just plain ridiculous. Baekhyun hadn’t changed anything about him. He still bathed with the same soap, Chanyeol still used the same detergent he had been using since forever, Baekhyun never uses perfume, and he doesn’t plan to start anytime soon.

Baekhyun knew from day one that Chanyeol had an allergy to cats, and even though that fact doesn’t bother the giant, it bothers Baekhyun. Chanyeol says it’s fine, that’s it alright as he gets taken over by sneezes once in a while, holding out on sneezes even when Baekhyun is wrapped in his arms, face buried into his owner’s neck, white ears twitching and a tail wrapped around Chanyeol’s life for security. Baekhyun never said anything, never voiced his slight guilt. If Baekhyun had felt guilty then for the once in a while sneeze attacks, then imagine how he felt now with how often Chanyeol sneezed now.

“A-A-ACHOO!”

“Yeol, oh my god, will you see a doctor now?!” Jongin and Yifan had said in unison.

Chanyeol waved a dismissive hand in their direction, “Nah guys, I’m fine. It’ll pass,” he said, returning to run his hands through his cat’s honey blonde hair.

“Oh sure, yeah. Okay. That’s the exact same thing you told us- what, like, six-seven weeks ago?” Jongdae snorted.

Chanyeol was silent, “…Yeah, okay. Maybe I should see someone.”

Everyone in the room, minus a blissed out Ragdoll, breathed a sigh of relief, everyone physically slumping in their seats.

“Finally,” Minseok and Luhan breathed out under their breaths.

“About time, Chanyeol. You must have thought that this amount of sneezing, and this often, wasn’t a good,” Junmyeon said,

No one saw it, because it was very subtle, but Chanyeol felt his cat tense up as Junmyeon said that before relaxing. He’d have to question him later on that.

“I’ll go see my doctor tomorrow, and I’ll stop by and book Baekhyun and appointment too, since his checkup is coming up anyway,” Chanyeol said. At this, Baekhyun shot up.

“Hell no,” he said.

You could hear Zitao’s palm colliding with his forehead somewhere in the room as he whispers, “He we go again.”

“Baek, you know you have to go. I need to make sure you’re healthy, so I can continue to love you,” Chanyeol said shamelessly, a goofy smile on his face. Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile back, the two now lost in their own little world.

Jongdae, Zitao, Jongin, and Sehun could be seen gagging in the background.

=^  ^=

The following day, Chanyeol had made calls to both his doctor and Baekhyun’s veterinarian. Chanyeol had scheduled their appointments for Thursday, which was only two days away, which meant Chanyeol had two days to, somehow, get Baekhyun to willingly go to his appointment.

Chanyeol made his way to the living room, spotting said cat lounging on his back on the couch, tail hanging off the arm as he mindlessly watches the TV show in front of him.

Chanyeol walked over to him, sitting by that cat’s head, and before he knew it, Baekhyun had climbed his way onto his owner’s lap, face buried in his neck, hands resting on his chest, and tail curled around Chanyeol’s waist. Chanyeol sighed, bringing a hand up to run up and down Baekhyun’s back.

“So, Baek,” Chanyeol started, the cat’s ears swiveling upwards in attention, “Your vet appointment and my doctor’s appointment is on Thursday. We’ll go to the vet before the doctor.”

Chanyeol hissed slightly as Baekhyun’s nails slightly dug into his chest. Chanyeol didn’t have to see his cat’s face to know he was frowning.

“I don’t understand why I have to go,” Baekhyun grumbled, easing his grip on Chanyeol’s chest.

“Baek, you know I love you, and that I want you to be healthy. We know that something is making me sneeze more often than usual, and I just want to make sure it has nothing to do with you, or something that can eventually make you sick,” Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun backed his head away from Chanyeol’s neck to look at his face. He moved his hands to his cheeks, thumbs smoothing out the lines creased on Chanyeol’s forehead.

“You know I love you too, Yeol,” Baekhyun said, “But you know how much I hate the vet. He always comes at me with those pokey things, and then he uses all the cold instruments on me. I swear, one day I’ll freeze to death!”

“Oh, Baek. You know I’d never let anyone hurt you,” Chanyeol said, leaning his head against the hybrid’s, “But I forgot to mention, you won’t be seeing that vet anymore. I will admit, I didn’t like how rough he was treating you.”

“Really? Then… who am I going to?”

=^  ^=

Baekhyun was nervous. He was nervous cause of his appointment, but he was even more nervous to meet this new vet that Chanyeol refused to him the name of.

It was early in the morning, nine o’clock, when they arrived to the new veterinarian building. Baekhyun gazed up at the not so tall building. Something felt familiar and warm about the place, but Baekhyun pushed it aside, clawed fingers latching onto Chanyeol’s sweater. Chanyeol guided them into the building, sitting Baekhyun down in one of the chairs before going to sign in.

Too lost in his thoughts, Baekhyun didn’t see Chanyeol sitting down next to him, so he jumped about ten feet into the hair when warm hands grasped onto his own. Chanyeol chucked, bringing his hand up to smooth down the tufts of flyaway hair on his cat’s head.

“Don’t be so nervous, kitten. No one here will hurt you. I’m sure you’ll love your new vet,” Chanyeol said. Baekhyun’s faced remained impassive, opting himself to sit on Chanyeol’s lap instead of his own seat. He buried his head into Chanyeol’s neck, purring to keep himself calm.

“Baekhyun?”

Both owner and pet looked up at the nurse waiting for them by the door to the rooms. With Baekhyun still grasped onto him, Chanyeol stood up, adjusting Baekhyun’s weight before walking towards the nurse, who was giving them a fond smile.

“Hello, I’m Nurse Jung. It’s nice to meet you both. I assume you are Park Chanyeol, the owner, correct?” Nurse Jung asked.

“Yes, that is correct,” Chanyeol replied.

“Perfect. Baekhyun-sshi, can you answer a few questions for me?” Nurse Jung asked.

“Y-yes,” Baekhyun answered.

“Can you tell me your date of birth?”

“May 2nd, 1995*,” the cat replied.

“Can you tell me the shelter you came from, and the one who adopted you?”

“Seoul Hybrid Adoption, and I was adopted by Lu Han, but I am legally owned under Park Chanyeol.”

“Perfect. And last question, Baekhyun-sshi. How are you feeling today? Any pain anywhere?” Nurse Jung asked as she continued to lead them, marking things on the piece of paper attached to her clipboard.

“No, I am fine,” Baekhyun said, face trying to bury deeper into his owner’s neck.

The trio made it to a room, the nurse opening it and leading the males inside. She set up the examination table and instructed Chanyeol to set Baekhyun down there. Reluctantly, when Chanyeol sat him down and made a move to sit in the seat across from him, Baekhyun detached the claws that stuck to his owner’s sweater, a small whimper leaving his mouth.

“You have nothing to be nervous about, Baekhyun-sshi. Your vet is a very nice man, and he wouldn’t hurt you intentionally,” Nurse Jung reassured, though Baekhyun didn’t seem to relax any. She turned to Chanyeol, “Today is one of Baekhyun-sshi’s physicals, but it’s been a year since he has been given any immunizations. He’ll need to have a flu shot, and a rabies shot done. However, the flu shot will come in the form of a nose mist, so only one needle will be needed. Do you have any questions, Park-sshi?”

“I only have a question for Doctor Kim, but he can answer that later when we’re done here,” Chanyeol replied.

Nurse Jung bowed, saying she’d return when the doctor was done with Baekhyun. She quickly left the room, leaving the pair behind.

Chanyeol stood up and made his way to cat, his arms coming up to wrap around his shaking cat, him whispering into the cat’s ear to calm him down.

“I know, Baek. Shots are scary, but I want you to be as healthy as you can be. After this, we can go get ice cream! Or we can go home and watch a movie together and cuddle. Whatever you want, baby,” Chanyeol said, scratching at Baekhyun’s ear.

Baekhyun’s head shot up when there was a knock on the door, and his eyes only got wider when he saw who entered. Before he knew it, a flash of grey came running into his side, a face nuzzling against his cheek and small squeaks and squeals leaving his mouth. Baekhyun smiled brightly as he returned Yixing’s affections, tail swishing back and forth behind him.

“Good morning, Baekhyun, Chanyeol,” Junmyeon greeted, closing the door and approaching Chanyeol to give him a hug.

“Hey, Jun,” Chanyeol said, “Don’t tell me your old man is letting you take the patients already.”

“Actually, he is. Father said he’d be here shortly though,” Junmyeon replied. He walked over to Baekhyun, rubbing his cheek gently, “Hi, Baek. You have nothing to worry about, my father and I are going to take good care of you.”

“Channie didn’t tell me that you were going to be the one to do my checkup,” Baekhyun said.

“I probably should have, but surprises are better,” Chanyeol replied.

Baekhyun’s wide rectangular smiles appeared before disappearing just as quick as it came, “I still have to get a shot though, don’t I?”

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun, but I, even your owner, wouldn’t want you to fall dangerously ill,” Junmyeon replied, “But let’s not worry about that at the moment. I’m going to do your usual checkup.”

Junmyeon conversed with Chanyeol and Baekhyun throughout the procedures, and soon enough, Baekhyun wasn’t so afraid to get his shot, especially when Yixing was there, small squeaks of affection leaving him. A knock on the door caught the attention of the three males before it opened, Doctor Kim stepping in. Junmyeon and Yixing bowed towards Junmyeon’s father before quickly rushing out of the room, only Junmyeon returning a few minutes later with a tray, syringe placed neatly on it.

A small whimper escaped Baekhyun’s mouth, and instantly, Chanyeol was by his side, scratching his ears.

“It’ll be alright, Baekhyun-sshi, it won’t hurt as much as you think,” Doctor Kim said, the cat’s cheek. Junmyeon went to disinfect Baekhyun’s upper arm, casually talking to the cat. He told some corny jokes that made him laugh, then yelp at a sudden pinch that disappeared instantly. Baekhyun looked at his arm to see Doctor Kim covering it with a Rilakkuma bandage.

Baekhyun’s brown eyes looked up at the doctor, “That’s it?”

“That’s it,” Doctor Kim said, smiling. He patted Baekhyun head once more before bidding his goodbyes and leaving the room.

“Hey, Jun. Before you go, can you answer a question for me?” Chanyeol asked.

Junmyeon raised a brow, “Oh? What is it?”

“Why I am still sneezing around Baek? I know I have allergies with cats, but don’t you think it’s a little ridiculous at this point?”

Junmyeon scratched his head, unable to think of an answer, “Well, yeah, even if you are allergic to cats, you shouldn’t really be allergic to Baekhyun, cause cat hybrids are bred so that even people allergic to cats don’t react to them. Which is why I find it strange you react to him-“ ACHOO! “-quiet violently.”

“So basically… I shouldn’t be allergic to Baek, but I am, and there isn’t much I can do about it?” Chanyeol questioned.

With a small smile, Junmyeon nodded his head, “I’m sorry, Yeol. But have you realized though, you don’t sneeze as often in his presence. Yeah, the intensity hasn’t changed, but the frequency has. Fate just don’t favor you, Yeol,” he replied, chuckling. He walks the pair out of the room and to the lobby, bidding them farewell and returning into the halls.

Chanyeol picks his cat up and carries him home, Baekhyun’s reward for being a good kitty. Once home, Chanyeol showers his kitten in cuddles and kisses over her forehead, eyes, cheeks, nose, neck, and lips as they watch a random K-Drama on the screen.

Chanyeol delivers tickles to the cat’s tummy, Baekhyun swatting at his owner’s hands as he giggles uncontrollably. Chanyeol blows on his tummy, his cat squealing happily before he grabs Chanyeol by the head and kissing him sweetly.

At night, the pair curl up together in bed, Chanyeol pressing more kisses onto Baekhyun’s face, his large hands gently his ears. Baekhyun purrs happily into his owner’s chest, slowly melting on top of him, his tail curled around Chanyeol’s waist and a leg throw over his owner’s stomach. Slowly, both fall into the depths of dreams, breaths slowly evening out.

ACHOO!

“Channieeeeee.”

“Sorry, kitten.”


A/N: *I made it Baekhyun was younger than Chanyeol, just for the sake of Baekkie's innocence, LOL.

I apologize this took so long for me to complete. School decided to kill me, and writer's block decided to show up with a baseball bat.

Thank you all so much for your support, it really means a lot to me, considering this is my first fanfic published on this cite.

See ya next time!

またね~