Chapter 8

Sunshine, Snow and Thunder: A GOT7 Fanfiction

Eva.

    I was conflicted, extremely conflicted. I knew I needed help if I were to play cupid and get Youngjae and Lily together and I knew where to get that help from, but the problem was how I was going to ask for help. For the plan to work I needed the whole of Got7 on my side which was not a huge task except for the fact that getting their smug leader to agree to anything was difficult. Soon, I begun to make zero sense. With a frustrated sigh, I picked up my phone, clicking on the contact I had recently stolen from Maria's phone.

    "Hello, Im Jaebum speaking," JB's voice answered from the other side. It was now or never.

    "Hi JB, it's me Eva," I replied nicely, trying to be as happy and calm as possible.

    "Oh hello Eva. Do you need something?" JB wasted no time in getting to the point.

    "Yeah I, uh..." I coughed, trying to form the proper words to ask him.

    "I need your help," I said in an extremely sweet voice. I heard a cough from the other side.

    "I'm sorry, what?" I could practically picture his smirk right now. I forced down a groan before repeating myself.

    "I need your help... please?"

    "Help in what?"

    "Being cupid." A series of more coughs were heard from the other side. Or rather... was he laughing?

    "Cupid? Like being in only a diaper?" the smugness was back, "How can I help?"

    "You..." I stomped my feet, letting out a low, frusterated groan. That jerk was laughing on the other side! His audacity!

    "Shut up you !" I hissed, taking in a deep breath to calm myself down, "Also I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I need your help to get two people together. Don't tell me your witty mind wasn't able to pick up the two lovers right under our nose."

    "I don't get it."

    "Oh so you're not just a mutt, you're a mindless mutt," I sassed before realizing I still needed his help.

    "This attitude won't convince me to help you."

    "I'm sorry," I apologized sweetly, "I really need your help to bring Lilly and Youngjae together."

    "What's in it for me?"

    "Are you kidding me!" I exclaimed before realizing the girls were asleep next-door, I took in a breath and explained, "You'll be helping your friend ask his crush out! You'll get your friends happiness! What more do you need?" There was silence on the other side before JB sighed.

    "What do you need me to do?" I grinned, instinctively squealing as I punched the air, before realizing my mistake. There goes my remaining dignity.

    "I can't tell you that right now. I'll text you the place and time we will meet. And bring everyone there as well," it was hard to control the excitement in my voice, "Oh, and JB? Thank you. It means a lot that you're willing to help my best friend."

    "Your welcome," his voice held an unrecognisable emotion, "Goodnight, Eva."

    With that, he hung up.

********************************

    Maria and I sat in a secluded corner in the cafe in our college. As we both had an hour free right now, I decided it was best to call the boys here as not to get Lilly suspicious, even if she was dense as hell. When the six boys strolled in with face-masks and sunglasses, Maria jumped to her feet, waving them over.

    "Hi!" Mark was the first one to approch us, pulling down his mask as he sat down. The other boys followed him, Bambam high-fiving Maria as they all sat down.

    "So what's the plan??," an excited Jackson asked, clapping his hands. I laughedx shaking my head at him.

    "Before I tell you, what did you guys tell Youngjae?" I crossed my arms, looking at them all with suspiciously.

    "He was sleeping," Junior shrugged, "Wrote him a note that we'd be back with ice-cream. Highly doubt he'll be up by the time we return."

    "Ok so I know this plan is a little weak and so instead of insulting it," I gave a pointed look to JB, "help me improve it." The boys nodded quickly.

    "So the plan is get them both together alone. Lilly has become a fan of you guys and is really excited to see Home Run's dance practice," I hurriedly, "We can use that excitement to get her wherever we want."

    "We should send them to a candle light dinner!" Jackson spoke up, getting weird looks and eye rolls from everyone at the table.

    "Cliche things make her sick," Maria said in a matter-of-fact tone, "If it was Eva that plan would have been perfect."

    "Maria, focus," I rolled my eyes. There were a few murmurs with the maknae line suggesting the most cliche of things while the hyung line suggesting the most boring of ideas. I sighed, burrying my face in my hands.

    "Guys, guys!" Junior spoke up, silencing everyone, "let's go for the traditional act of locking them up but instead of a closet, let's lock them up in the practice room." There were instant nudges of agreement at the plan.

    "Okay smarty pants, what do you have in mind?" Maria raised an eyebrow at him.

    "Lilly wants to see the Home Run dance practice right?" Junior grinned.

    "So we can tell her that you guys have invited us to see that practice," I guessed, a grin forming on my face as well.

    "Exactly. Then we'll lead her to the piano room in the back where we'll have Youngjae already," Junior further explained, pointing to me.

"Youngjae shouldn't know, right?" I made sure again, and Junior nodded.

    "And then we'll lock them both in there for as long as we want!" we both cheered, high-fiving one another, "How clever," Junior shrugged at me.

    "We'll install hidden cameras in there for fun," Junior added, grinning evilly. We began to plan how we'd watch the cameras. The eight of us watching the cameras together would have been difficult so Junior, being the master-mind of the whole operation, suggested watching in pairs, an idea that was instantly agreed to.

    "Okay, so the first pair will be Eva and JB because they are the leaders of this operation--" Junior was about to announce the pairs when Bambam interrupted him.

    "Wait, what is the name of this operation?" he asked, waving his hands around. His hyungs looked at him with raised eyebrows while Jackson and Yugyeom shrugged in agreement.

    "Operation Uniting Lovers!" Jackson punched the air, looking at us with excitement.

    "You're kidding, right?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

    "Jackson please, no," JB groaned, covering his face.

    "How about Operation Liljae?" Junior suggested. We all looked at him impressed.

    "Someone's on a roll today," JB patted his back.

    "At least someone has a brain in this band," I shook my head as a series of protesters sounded around the table.

    "Thanks," Junior winked at me again, "So as our leaders, JB and Eva get the first watch. They will be followed by me and Mark, with Jackson and Maria coming after me. Bambam and Yugyeom, you guys are last."

    "So we will keep them in there until something happens?" Maria asked.

    "Pretty much, yeah," Junior shrugged, "We'll keep them in there as long as we don't see improvement."

    ***********************************

    According to plan, I called Lily to the JYPE buliding, trying my best to mask my enthsiasm. She was cautious, as always, making us doubt whether the plan would work or not. Bambam, Maria and Mark were sent to wait for her while the five of us began rethink our plan. However, before we could do so, Lilly entered the room with Maria, Mark and Bambam. It was time to put the plan in action.

    Junior sent her to call Youngjae and slowly followed her to lock the door while the rest of us headed to watch the cameras we had installed in the room.

    "Leader" Jackson sang, pulling JB to his feet as Maria pulled me up as well, "Go watch the cameras!" The two of us were pushed out of the practice room and with a shrug from JB and a roll of eyes from me, the two of headed towards the room where the laptop was placed. We reached just in time to see Lily and Youngjae realise the door was locked. I chuckled when Youngjae put his foot up to open the door while JB shook his head, muttering something about how that was old-school. I rolled my eyes and glared at him.

    "Can you let someone live?" I sassed, turning back to the screen. JB shrugged and silence fell over us again.

    "Uh oh," I whispered, leaning into the screen. Yep, there was that look. Lilly had the look of realization on her face which was slowly followed by a murderous look. As her best-friend, I knew she had figured out that all this was my planning. Well, at least she wasn't that dense.

    "What happened?" JB asked, looking over my shoulder.

    "Lilly realized we are behind all this," I sat back in my char, "As her best friend, my death is going to be brutal but I'm not sure about yours."

    "Funny," he did not look amused. I opened my mouth to sass back when things took a turn. The room was suddenly plunged into darkness. I let out a surprised squeal, jumping in my chair.

    "What happened?" I whispered, blinking rapidly to adjust my eyes to the sudden darkness. A hand clamped down on my shoulder and I let out a small scream, waving my hands around.

    "Eva, it's me," I heard JB speak through a series of laughs. I huffed, blindly slapping in the dark, hoping I had found his head. I guess luck decided to abandon me today as instead of his head, I smacked JB right across the face.

    "Oh !" I jumped to my feet, "I'm so sorry! I thought that was your head!" I might not like him but that didn't mean I go slapping people around.

    "Wow, you sure can slap," JB chuckled, probably rubbing his cheek I had just slapped. I nervously chuckled when the phone beeped in my pocket. I face-palmed when the realization hit me that we could use our phone for light. I pulled it out, shining light on JB who narrowed his eyes at me.

    "Can you turn it away?" he grumbled and I did as I was asked. Turning the phone around I sat back down on the chair, pulling my legs up to get comfortable. Meanwhile JB also pulled out his phone, letting out a low hiss.

    "So now you're a snake?" I sassed, looking at the screen of iPhone.

    "My phone's about to die," he put it back into his pocket, "How much battery does yours have?"

    "Full!" I cheered and struck my tongue out at him. He shook his head at me as silence consumed us again. Shrugging, I unlocked my phone, unaware of JB who was closely studying my phone.

    "Who's this?" he asked, pointing at the picture open on my phone. I forced a smile, debating what to tell him.

    "My mom," I casually replied, instantly closing the picture. I heard JB hum in response before he spoke up again.

    "So who's picture was the one you put on your side-table?" he asked, crossing his arms in front of him. I raised an eyebrow at him, shocked that he noticed such small details.

    "My mom," I shrugged again. He shook his head, pulling out his phone again.

    "This is my mom," he showed me a picture of a woman who looked just like him. I smiled, pinching his cheeks.

    "Bummie looks just like his mommy!" I said in a baby voice getting an eye roll in reply. He put his almost dead phone back in his pocket and turned back to me with an expectant look. I bit my lip nervously, looking back at my phone.

    "This is Laura," I pulled out the picture again, showing it to him, "my birth mother. And this is Haeyoung, my step-mother." I swiped to show the picture of eomma and me I always kept on my side-table. He was silent as I closed the pictures and randomly shone the light around. I had no idea what he was thinking because of that poker face he was wearing but I had a hunch. Whenever people hear 'step-mother' they usually think of the worst possible scenarios.

    "It's not that I'm ashamed of having a step-mother or some other stupid reason you must be thinking," I spoke up, breaking the silence around us, "It's just that for me, eomma never felt like my step-mother. Mom passed away when I was six years old, due to a car accident. A year and half later, dad remarried eomma and she took me in like one of her own. She never let me feel like she was not my real mother. At times it felt like I was more eomma's daughter than my dad's." I chuckled, shaking my head.

    "That's sweet," JB softly replied. I smiled, looking up at him to find him already looking down at me. He softly smiled back at me, his eyes holding happiness that I hadn't really seen much.

    "So you're like a real-life Cinderella? Minus the tragedy of course," JB joked, winking at me. I frowned, rolling my eyes at him.

    "That's lame. Let's go join the others," I stood up shining the light ahead of us.

    "Eva," JB's hand suddenly wrapped around my wrist, "Thanks for sharing." I raised an eyebrow at him, chuckling.

    "It's no big deal," I smiled and I meant it. Despite the fact that I did not really like JB that much, depite his huge ego I knew that he was a good friend and it was that realization that led me to tell him everything.

    As he got up as well, taking the phone from me and gently grabbing my hand to lead me, I actually felt better that I had told at least one of them. He didn't speak about it again and just lead me through the dark maze, his grasp tightening at every corner and with him looking back at me every minute or so. When people used to find out about eomma and my history, they always pried, asked questions I did not want to answer. However that was not the case with JB. He didn't bring up the subject again, didn't ask any stupid or personal questions and in a way made me admire him more. He knew it was not something I would normally have shared and he respected that.

    "We thought you guys were killed," Bambam said, the moment JB and I walked into the lobby of the building, which was lit from outside.

    "I'm pretty sure she wishes that was the case with me," JB nodded towards me, smirking. And just like that, we were back to normal. Rolling my eyes at him, I smacked the back of his head, hurrying over to Maria before he could strike back.

    "Your friend slapped me," JB looked at Mark as he said that. My eyes widened as my cheeks became hot. He did not just do that! Mark looked at me as shocked as everyone else in the room.

    "It was an accident!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up and walking away. Everyone laughed, following me out.

    "Well it is given," Maria spoke up again, "She is the mother of the group so she can slap whoever she wants." I turned around to give her a grateful look when I caught Jackson whispering something to her, causing her to giggle.

    "What was that?" I narrowed my eyes at her and she giggled some more.    "Nothing, let's go back to the apartment and wait for someone to let the lovers out," Maria waved her hand at me when Jackson whispered something else to her and Mark before the three of them began to chuckle. With a roll of my eyes I looked ahead again, just in time to see JB fall into step with me. He gave me a soft smile, winking at me and I knew it was him silently telling me that my secret was safe with him. I smiled back, shaking my head. It was a wonder how a few moments could change your opinion of a person so quickly.