Chapter 6

Sunshine, Snow and Thunder: A GOT7 Fanfiction

Eva

 As soon as the girls and I reached the appartment, I threw on a grey, baggy sweatshirt and black tights before opening up my first assignment for classes. I had barely begun to work on them and the deadline was close, so we disregarded the furniture and grocery items all around us, because we were assured that Got7 would come and help us later on.

     "How nice to see you two back in your natural habitat," Maria teased looking at Lilly and me. Both of us sat on the floor with our assignments and other papers scattered all around us. I made a face at her as I pulled my hair into two ponytails. Miva sat next to my knee, resting her  head on it. Lilly was doing her work quietly and diligently, as compared to me making noise and all flustered.

     "You're not the one who started late," Lilly rolled her eyes, her hair in a braid. Maria waved her hand at us, dodging our papers as she went to the kitchen to get us all some snacks. Sighing, I picked up my pen again and began to scribble notes on the notebook. Just then, the shrill  sound of the doorbell rang around the apartment, scaring me half to death since I was deeply concentrated in work. Miva also jumped to her feet, barking at the top of her lungs. I petted her head as I yelled at Maria to answer the door.

     Another bark was heard from the door before a white little puppy was seen bounding towards us from under Maria's legs. I giggled as it placed it's paws on Lilly's knees, looking up at her with glinting, meschevious eyes. Miva barked again, staring at the new puppy, threatening it to get away from her.

    "Coco! C'mere!" Mark called out, opening his arms wide for the dog. Coco barked, leaving me and heading back to Mark.

    "So this is the honored and much praised Coco," Lilly laughed, looking up from her work.

    "Miva and her got off on the wrong foot," Maria laughed, getting down to pet Coco.

    "Awe, Miva! I'm yours! No one can take me away!" I picked up my little puppy, hugging her close.

    "Yeah, okay," Maria rolled her eyes, "We'll see what you say when you find a boyfriend."

    "Not interested in dating, remember that," I rolled my eyes, motioning to the guys to sit on the couch.

 "We shall help you!" Jackson punched the air, falling the bean bag in front of the TV. I smiled, rolling my eyes.

"We know, we know."

    "So, what are you guys doing?" JB asked, kneeling next to Miva and patting her on top of the head.

    "Assignments due to our late admissions," I sighed, realizing the load of work I had to do.

    "What are you majoring in?" Junior asked from next to Jackson.

    "I'm majoring in filming while Lilly is majoring in Photography."

      Just then the bell rang again. Miva and Coco began to bark louder than the bell and I gave Maria my best stink eye as JB got up to answer the door. The furniture delivery guy stood on the other side with a clipboard on which he needed Maria's signature. He told us how it was the last signature they needed.

. The beds and the bookshelfs were in need to be put together while the sofas were put in one corner and still had  to be placed in their right places. The ten of us shared some looks before we began to argue regarding which place to settle first. I sighed, letting them all argue before interrupting them.

     "Silence!" I shouted, glaring at them all, "You guys are fighting like children. Now we will do as I say and anyone who disagrees can zip up, okay?" They all nodded and I smiled, satisfied.

     "We will begin with the living room first," I ordered, "Then we'll move to my room and then to Lilly's." They all nodded again and we began to grab the things that went in the living room. Jackson and JB grabbed the TV stand, dragging it to the back of the room while Junior, Mark and Yugyeom grabbed the two-seater sofa, pulling it in front of the TV.

     "Junior, catch," Maria threw the purple throw cushions she had brought for the couch which Junior artistically set on it. Youngjae and Lilly were in charge of setting up all the electronic devices in the living room. I got a hammer and a nail to hang the mirror Maria had brought when it was snatched from my hands.

    "You'll hurt yourself, shorty," JB sated, giving me a smug look. I crossed my arms in front of me and glared back.

     "I've been nailing nails since I was twelve! I got this!" I argued back but the stubborn leader paid no heed and began asking me where we wanted to hang the mirror. With a frustrated groan, I pointed out all the pencil marks the girls and I had made earlier.

    "Hey Eva, where does this go?" Mark asked, dragging out a rug with swirls on it.

    "Let me help you with that," I grabbed the rug from the other side and we dragged it to it's place.

     The living room was bursting with excitment was we came near to finishing it. Bambam was jumping off the couches and Yugyeom did a small victory dance when Maria announced that we were done. There was a small corner for Miva and her bed was to be placed in my room.

     "Moving on to Eva's room!" she announced, handing out plastic gloves to  everyone, "First task, paint the wall behind her bed lilac!" Bambam groaned and began to argue about his clothes while Junior began to advise how it was best to keep both Bambam and Jackson away from such things. I giggled, shaking my head at them all.

    "Guys it's okay if you don't want to!" I smiled, "I can do it myself."

     "But what about the higher places you can't reach?" Mark asked,  ruffling up my hair. I rolled my eyes as he grabbed the paint tin, carrying it to my room. I turned around to see JB and Yugyeom pulling on gloves while Junior handed them both a paint roller.

    "Don't forget these," Maria handed them out white aprons which everyone apart from Junior struggled to put on.

    "It's proven. He's the Ma," Lilly nodded, looking at the other boys as they struggled.

     "And he's the Pa," I laughed, pointing at JB who was struggling the most. He made an annoyed face as he failed to tie up the strings again and I quickly clicked a picture.

     "That's one ruined chic image," Maria laughed over my shoulder at the picture. Grumbling, the boys finally tied their strings and we began to paint. Lilly, Maria and I were to cover the bottom while the boys covered  the top. Soon, the whole wall was painted and we began to drag the  furniture inside. Junior, Mark, Lily and Youngjae opened up the bed to put it together while Maria, Jackson and Bambam began to decorate the room leaving me, JB and Yugyeom in charge of the bookshelf.

     "Ok so, I'm supposed to attach some kind of bracket-y thing using these worm-guys but the only problem is I have no bracket-y thing and there are no worm-guys," Mark spoke up, throwing the manual away. Junior rolled his eyes as we all laughed.

     "I can't feel my legs!" JB stood up from his squatting position,  shaking out his legs. I rolled my eyes, as Yugyeom and I continued on with the bookself.

     "Is it supposed to look like this?" JB asked from behind as Yugyeom and I tried to fit in a shelf. I glared at him and he held his hands up in surrender.

     "Yah!" Youngjae shouted, throwing his hat on the ground and jumping around, "What are we even doing!" Lilly giggled as Junior called him back.

Lilly helped Youngjae set the nails and fix the boards nicely.

     "There is a dresser waiting to be brought inside," Maria called out. I  sighed, smacking my head against the bookself, making the shelf we had managed to attach fall of from my side. It was Yugyeom's turn to let out  a frusterated growl as I innocently smiled at him.

    "I can't feel my brain!" Jackson exclaimed, falling on the ground.

     "I didn't know you had one," I narrowed my eyes at him as the others  glared. He coughed, giving us a sheepish smile before bolting out of the  door.

     "Guys, we can do this!" Lilly shouted, suddenly motivated, "You guys are literally so pessimistic." The rest of us gave her a blank look before Youngjae jumped to his feet.

     "It's not hard!" he punched the air, using his broken english. We laughed but shook our heads before resuming our jobs. After an eternity in which a lot of stuff was thrown and sarcastic comments hurled at each other, we were able to finish my room. With groans and complaints we moved to Lilly's room where we realized that we still had to put up Lily's wallpaper. The boys grumbled while Maria and Lilly began to argue and I sighed, rubbing my temples to soothe the oncoming headache.

*********************************************

     After completing Lilly's room, we all settled down to play a game while we waited for the food to arrive. Truth and dare was chosen by the majority and a bottle was taken from the kitchen. The bottle first landed on JB and he being the smug person he is, choose dare.

Jackson grinned evilly, sharing a look with both Mark and Maria.

    "You have to play pocky with Eva!" he exclaimed, throwing his hands up. Mark and Maria instantly agreed and with a nudge, Lilly, Bambam and Yugyeom also pitched in. I glared at them all, my cheeks warming up.

    "Excuse me? Hell no!" I shook my head, giving them all pleading looks which none of them yeilded to. JB smirked at me, his eyes holding a challenge.

    "Why? Scared that you'll lose?" he raised an eyebrow at me, crossing his arms in front of him. This angered me and I crossed my arms as well, glaring back at him.

    "No, I just fear you'll lose your chic image after losing from a girl, again," I remarked, smirking back. Maria cheered behind me, patting my back.

    Giggling, Jackson produced a Pocky stick, handing it to JB. Without breaking eye contact, JB and I held each side to the stick in our mouths. Maria shouted 'go' and we both began to nibble the ends of the stick, careful not to let it fall. Suddenly, this game seemed harder than it looked but I was determined not to lose. The smug look on JB's face as he bit on the stick was enough fuel for my determination.

    As we both neared the middle, a brilliant thought struck me. Just when JB was sure of his victory, I held the stick tightly in my teeth and pulled it out of JB's mouth. The look of disbelief on his face was too much and I burst out laughing, eating the remaining stick. Everyone around us stared in silence as I kept on laughing at a stunned JB.

    "Awe! Is Bummie sad because he lost?" I teased, making everyone join in on my laughter. JB visibly reddened and the youngsters quickly dived behind me, using me as a shield. Despite knowing all about his rage, I kept on laughing, rubbing the fact he had lost from me again in his face. Before JB could say anything, Junior spoke up and moved the game forward, whispering something to JB.

    The bottle was spun again by JB and it came to a halt on the resident sunshine of Got7, Choi Youngjae. He let out a nervous laugh as he studied the evil faces of us all. To save himself from an humiliating dare, Youngjae chose truth. I grinned, remembering an event of yesterday when I caught Lily talking about some crush. I had this feeling that somehow it was this little ball of sunshine she was talking about. Call it amazing reading skills (or extremely off judgment) but I could tell that Youngjae also felt something towards my friend. To be completely sure though, I had to ask him this question.

    "Who's your crush?" I grinned evilly at the little blush that coloured his cheeks. He instantly looked at the ground, mumbling something.

    "Didn't quite catch that," Junior smirked, cupping his ear while Jackson excitedly giggled. Youngjae in a breath before forcing himself to look up, now looking really determined.

    "Robin Springfield from the Fading Fog series," he shyly replied. However, I did not miss the subtle look he threw towards Lilly when he said that. I put a hand on my mouth to stifle my giggles as everyone began to about his crush on a video  game character.

I sneaked a glance at my best-friend who was laughing and teasing along with the others when another evil idea struck me. But, I required a lot of assistance to carry that idea out and luckily for me, I knew just where I'd get all the assistance from.