Ryeowook and Food: Facts #5 - #9

40 Facts About Ryeowook

5. He cooks when he’s upset. :( 

Sunday, 7: 56 pm

R: you like pie, right?

K: Sure, pie is good

R: raspberry?

K: Also good

R: actually, I think Hyukkie already called the raspberry

R: yeah, he did. How’s blueberry?

K: Good as well

R: wait

R: actually could you take apple cinnamon?

K: Ahra’s allergic to cinnamon

R: right, sorry. boysenberry?

K: So, I'm guessing the job interview didn't go well?

R: …look you want a pie or not?

K: On second thought, I will take that apple cinnamon. Ahra’s been hogging the TV remote lately and I need to watch Sherlock tomorrow.

R: I’m not going to give you pie to poison your sister with!

K: But you have so many D:

R: NO

R: you’ll take the key lime and like it

 

6. If people don’t eat his food, he gets even more upset. :'(

Sunday, 2:14 am

R: Donghae said he didn’t want a pie do you think he’s mad at me?

R: Donghae always wants pie

R: Kyuhyun, why do you think Donghae didn’t want a pie?

K: Did he not want the apple cinnamon because Ahra still wants to watch The Bachelor during my Sherlock time

R: NO KYUHYUN

 

7. He likes to tell people about what he eats. 

Ryeowook started his food blog junior year before he and Kyuhyun started dating. On it he reviewed recipes, talked about foods he’d eaten, and reviewed restaurants every week. For whatever reason, he didn’t tell any of his friend about it.

Kyuhyun though—being the computer extraordinaire that he was—stumbled upon it anyways. He also found Ryeowook’s credit scores and elementary graduation photos.

For a while, Kyuhyun just read it for fun. Ryeowook demonstrating his excitement over certain foods and cutely ripping certain restaurants to shreds always brought a smile to his face. But shortly after they began going out together, Kyuhyun found he could use it to his advantage.

Not in really obvious ways of course: just a casual mention of how he would never take his boyfriend to that overrated new ice cream place or planning a date at this chic restaurant five months after Ryeowook gave their chicken parmesan a glowing review. For their one-month anniversary, Kyuhyun sent Ryeowook a Pinterest board of recipes including several of the ones his boyfriend had written about wanting to try. The way Ryeowook looked at him that day, Kyuhyun felt like the best boyfriend ever.

It was Valentine’s Day when he sought to certify the title (i.e. having Ryeowook be the one to say it).

On the blog, Ryeowook had recently raved about this cheesecake his mom had brought home from a business trip. Unfortunately, it was from a tiny bakery all the way in the city and was far too long a drive just for some regular dessert.

Not for Kyuhyun.

With the directions and bakery name from Ryeowook’s mom, the day before Valentine’s, Kyuhyun told his boyfriend he had family obligations and embarked his epic quest for the cheesecake.

Once he arrived though, he found the place had moved last month. After asking around for half an hour, he found a new address…only to get lost in some neighborhood with way too many identical buildings. He spent the rest of the afternoon running in circles, looking for this bakery so small, it didn’t even have its own website.

Finally, he found it tucked away between a church and a pub. Turns out, they altered their freaking name. The cheesecake cost 30 dollars but Kyuhyun was glad to pay anything at that point (plus, he tried a sample and damn, it was worth raving about).

The next day for their romantic dinner, Kyuhyun presented Ryeowook with the indescribable cheesecake he’d found while out with his family in the city.

When he took a bite, instead of looking thrilled or even happy, Ryeowook just looked stumped. He gave Kyuhyun a long, hard look…and burst into tears. He cried so hysterically Kyuhyun could hardly make out what he was saying except that Kyuhyun was “such a doofus” and “why didn’t you tell me you found my blog” and “I can’t believe you fell for that fake cheesecake review and ran all the way to the city and still somehow found one so delicious, you idiot,” and Kyuhyun could tell Ryeowook was angry but he was still letting Kyuhyun hold him so maybe he wasn’t going to be dumped on Valentine’s Day?

Eventually Ryeowook’s tears died down and he lied sniffling on Kyuhyun’s chest. Kyuhyun forked up another bite of cheesecake and started making whirring plane sounds.

“Open up,” he cooed, “The I’m-very-sorry-I-read-your-blog-without-telling-you-and-for-being-a-doofus-in-general plane needs a landing pad.”

Ryeowook chuckled weakly.

“You are the dumbest boyfriend ever.”

Kyuhyun smiled and fed Ryeowook the rest of the dessert. He considered that as a victory; after all, if you dropped the d-u-m, you’d have “best boyfriend ever.”

 

9. He likes strawberries dipped in chocolate, most types of ice cream, and more chocolate.

Ryeowook looked dejectedly at the droopy bag of sweets in his hands. It turns out, leaving your special chocolates in a hot mailbox all day while you went to the movies was not good for the solidity of the chocolates.

Kyuhyun stared at his friend, feeling especially guilty for dragging him out to the movies all day instead of waiting with him for his special package.

“We can still eat it, right Ryeong?” Kyuhyun said. “Just let it harden and then…chip off the pieces?”

Ryeowook heaved a sigh, and for a moment Kyuhyun thought the smaller might start crying, which would make him feel really, really bad, but instead, Ryeowook grabbed a pair of scissors and a bowl and cut open the bag. A rich sugary smell filled the kitchen. After he’d poured all the goopy chocolate out, Ryeowook started bringing out strawberries, pretzels, and ice cream from the fridge until his entire table was covered with snack foods

“Well,” he said to an incredulous Kyuhyun. “Are you going to help me or not?”

"But,” Kyuhyun asked, “what about your diet?"

"What about it?"

Needless to say, they spent the rest of the afternoon eating chocolate-covered junk food and painting each other’s faces with chocolate.

 

8. He’s afraid of chicken feet and cannot eat them.

Ryeowook didn’t want to move. Here in the intersection of the corn maze, he felt safe. Anywhere else and he had ninety percent chance of getting attacked by a chainsaw murderer. On cue, a burst of shrill screams floated into the night.

“Come on.” Kyuhyun prodded him. “Hyuk and Hae are gonna beat us to the exit!”

“Can we just take a quick breather?” Ryeowook pleaded. “I’m still trying to recover from the freaky Yoda.”

“That Yoda wasn’t even a jump scare.”

“His slow walking is what made him scary!”

Kyuhyun responded by grabbing Ryeowook by the elbow and dragging him down the path. If it weren’t the fish’s birthday, Ryeowook would’ve smacked Kyu. Hell, if it weren’t Donghae’s birthday, he would have never agreed to a haunted corn maze in the first place!

They’d endured scarecrows with axes, jump scares from the Underworld, and tents filled with strobe lights and floating baby heads. Even knowing the ghouls were legally obligated to not harm him, Ryeowook was terrified. (What if a real serial killer snuck in???) It didn’t help that Eunhyuk and Donghae split off early to, quote, “make things interesting.” Certainly, if Eunhyuk did finish first, Ryeowook would make sure to shove his five-dollar reward up someplace very “interesting.”

Every step they took, Ryeowook’s heart pounded, even when the path looked perfectly clear, and every time they turned a corner, it nearly exploded.

Another corner was coming up.

More screams filled the air.

Oh god, he was gonna die.

They turned.

It was a dead end.

“Oh man,” Kyuhyun groaned.

Ryeowook didn’t know whether to cry from relief or anger. Anger probably since this meant they would have to turn back and encounter the same terrors they’d already passed.

“Where did we go wrong?” Kyuhyun kicked the dirt in frustration.

“I don’t know, Kyu. Maybe we should stay put and figure it out.” Obviously, Ryeowook was not keen on going anywhere. He leaned against the corn wall and tried to catch his breath.

“Wook, did you hear something—”

Ryeowook screamed; ice cold claws just scratched him! And clung to his shirt! And OH GOD, it wasn’t letting go!

He leaped ten feet from the wall and shook himself wildly. The claw flew off and landed in dirt with a thunk but neither Ryeowook or Kyuhyun could have heard it because they were both screaming like freaking banshees.

“What the hell is that?!”

“I don’t know!” Ryeowook clawed at his neck where it had touched him.

“Oh god, it looks like some kind of decapitated lizard claw!”

“Why is it white?!”

“Oh god, it’s a vampire decapitated lizard claw!”

Kyuhyun was freaking out every bit as much as Ryeowook and for some reason that didn’t make him feel any better.

“Okay, okay,” Ryeowook took deep breaths. “Maybe, we should go back to the intersection and just find another path—”

Kyuhyun turned white.

Ryeowook whipped around. Another vampire lizard claw was prying open the corn maze wall. Only this one wasn’t decapitated.

“WHERE’S MY HAND?”

A monster with dagger beak and white claw hands burst into the clearing and Ryeowook shrieked. He sprinted the other way but only barreled into Kyuhyun and they both fell into the dead end of the corn maze where they lie clinging to each other watching the creature with murder in its soulless eyes get closer.

Kyuhyun screamed.

Ryeowook screamed.

A bright light flashed.

Were they dead?

“Holy crap!” Eunhyuk ripped the chicken mask off his face. “You guys will get scared at anything!”

Donghae popped out from the corn stalks, snapped another photo with his Polaroid, vowingto submit it to the yearbook. Which he did.

And that was the story of why Ryeowook hated chicken feet.

 


 

A/N: What did you all think of this foodie chapter? It made me kind of hungry writing it. Actually, I was hungry before writing it. I'm always hungry. Thank you guys for all the comments and fun facts last chapter! (I'm sorry these ones are weird; it was the first things I thought of when I saw your facts)

Fact #5: Hanzo242

Fact #6: Hanzo242

Fact #9:leunah23 

All other facts have been added to the list (if it wasn't there already) so expect to see them promptly. 31 Ryeowook facts left! (so keep 'em coming!)