Chapter 3

Don't Go

The sun was shining brightly today, just like his smile.

“Stop smiling like crazy, you coward” Kyungsoo punch Kai’s arm.

“how could you call me coward while you can’t even go to the bathroom alone” even though his words are sharp but he still couldn’t wipe that smile from his face.

“so tell me, what’s happen with those wrinkly face of yours?” Kyungsoo nudge the lover boy’s belly with his elbow. “nothing special, it’s just… she look extra stunning when she asked me about the workshop I’m about to join in as a tutor” his lips just can’t contain the excitement he felt inside.

“wish I could wipe those freaky smile of yours with that filthy curtain” the doe eyed boy said while eyeing the dirty curtain that literature class use to cover the window.

Kai met her today, in front of their campus gate and for the first time since 23 days she called his name and talked to him for a good 6 minutes. Her milky skin looks really dewy and chewy up close, that’s just like one of the things he want to do so bad. Looking at her up close, face to face and eyes to eyes.

Being the first few students in class make Kai and Kyungsoo got the privilege to sat at the very end of the classroom and Kai got the chance to use the one beside the window now. Glancing at the window once awhile got him distracted. Looking at people enjoying the sun outside in the campus park make his lips unconsciously tugged upside. People are fascinating sometimes. There are a people with their groups chatting or joking around or learning together but there also a few of them that enjoyed their loneliness and being absorbed in their own world as if there is no one around them. It reminds him of someone, by the thought of her, his wide smile comes back to life.

“That’s all for today, any question?” Mr. Yang asked the whole class and as usual no one answer him because their mind is already preoccupied by another thing outside this class.
Mr. Yang chuckled “okay you can go now” by his cue, the students started to scattered towards the exit include Kai and Kyungsoo with their stomach rumbling.

 

“I swear that was the longest class I’ve ever attend” Kyungsoo sighed as he scoop a spoonful of rice to his bowl. “That was simply because you hold your pee the whole time because I told you that one of the druggie we’re talking about last night overdosing himself till die there” Chanyeol laugh till his pointy ears turn red. “Yah I’m not holding my pee!!” Kyungsoo smack Chanyeol’s head with an empty bowl he got in his tray. Rubbing his head, Chanyeol still managed to wipe his tears of joy. “That pain worth it” Sehun who’s standing behind Kyungsoo interject. “exactly” Chanyeol high fived him and that two giant continue teasing Kyungsoo the poor owl.

 

Soojung being a silent witness of this commotion chuckled at their antic behavior. It’s always fun glancing at those bunch of goofballs, even though they annoyed her sometimes but at the times like this she always like watching them teasing each other.

If only Luhan, Kris and Xiumin still with attend school… Krystal smile at her thought.

She’s not that close to them, but ever since she entered the campus that view always attract her. The view of that 12 boys take care while teasing each other. And being Bae Irene the social girl best female is one of the factor. Her campus life that was planned to be calming turned otherwise when her best friend since elementary school go into the same uni as her. But even tho she ruined her plan, Soojung admit that having Irene by her side is helping her going through this hell named university.

Speaking of Irene, she hasn’t saw her since this morning in front of the campus gate.
Maybe she’s playing with that hottie again’ Soojung thought.

Turning her attention back to her lunch, Soojung quietly munched her salad.
“You should’ve gain some weight and start eating more protein” She felt a hand on her shoulder, with that big and strong grip, she knows whom it belongs to.
“Maybe I’ll add a bit of steroid so that I can become like you with that muscle and choco abs?” Soojung grin widely and she earned a light flick on her forehead.
“Yah I’m not using steroid and beside you love this hot choco abs” he smirked at his remark that makes Soojung rolled her eyes.

“What are you doing here oppa?” She crossed her arms in front of her chest as Seunghyun grab a fork she’s holding and stole her salad.
“I can’t even visit my school?” Seunghyun put his hand on his heart and pretended to be hurt.
“that’s not what I mean. I mean why are you here at this hour, you should’ve take care of that wine store you just open” Soojung grabbed her tumblr and sip her water before putting it back to the table.
“Well I don’t think that you’ll remember that after our third meeting, I’m sure talk a lot about myself right?” He stuff another mouthful of salad to his mouth “I’m meeting Jiyong, he’s better be around without putting his junior in his junior” Seunghyun said with a full mouth that makes Soojung laugh. “he’s spending time with Irene I guess, because…” Her words were cut because of the sudden commotion beside her. Some people just bump into each other and makes one of them spill their leftover food all over the floor. She looked closely at the suspect and there she saw Jongin crouching to help the girl he bumped into.
“I don’t know such thing still exist now. I mean it’s so lame pretending to bump to someone only to flirt with him” Seunghyun said looking at Jongin and then shifted his eyes to Soojung’s eyes.
“Yeah I know right. What a lame excuse” Soojung eyed the girl Jongin bumped into and notice her flirty smile that gain chuckle to come out from Soojung’s lips.

 

Jongin’s picking up the utensil and bowls that scattered on the floor, while apologizing to the unknown girl he bumped to. That was his fault for not watching his surrounding, but he can’t help it when her astonishing laugh distract his attention from the crowd.

“I’m sorry, I should’ve watch my way” Jongin said while handing the girl he bumped into her tray. “no, it’s okay Kai” that girl shyly took the tray from him while ‘accidently’ cover his hand with hers. Jongin smile and then bow “okay than I’ll get going now, once again sorry” when he’s about to go, the girl’s hand caught his “wait- Kai can I spend some time with you tonight?” The question got Kai confused, this girl was a blunt one “uhh sorry what do you mean?” Kai scratched his un-itchy head “you know, this is Friday night and I know you’ll hangout with your friends later on the club. So, one night with me? I can do you good” The latter girl flashed her flirty eyes to him, but he’s unaffected by it. “I don’t know what you think of me but I’ll spend my time with someone I want, and I don’t want you” Kai eyed her from head to toe with a smirk growing on his lips. Tsk the perks of being popular... he thought.

The girl then bowed and turned her heel to his opposite the direction.
‘What a rude girl’ Jongin scoffed while walking away from the scene and approaching his group, trying hard not to look at that direction but failed miserably when he feels her eyes on him. They make an eye contact but that blank and emotionless face of her is back.

Soojung’s been eyeing him for the last 2 minutes, she scoffed when she hear that girl ty voice asking him to spend a night with her.
“yah you should’ve stop starring at that girl with that deadly eyes of yours” Seunghyun snap his fingers in front of her face. “I’m not starring at her” Soojung turned her head when she makes an eye contact with Jongin. “Yeah, my ” Seunghyun stand up and smoothen his suit “I’m going to find Jiyong, do you wanna come?” “nah I’ll pass. If you see Irene around him, please tell her to call me. She’s not answering my call” Soojung looked at his hovering eyes “Okay, see you later. You’ll come tonight right?” he pat her head “hmm I-“ Soojung is about to answer him but he cut her “Ssh I’m not accepting any lame excuse, you gotta come” Seunghyun said while walking away and waving his hand.

“What a bossy old man” Soojung chuckle more to herself. Her eyes following his step, she shake her head when she notice that every girl in the canteen turned their head to look at Seunghyun. He is indeed handsome and popular, even with that cold face he always put for the world. Those girls doesn’t even know his real side, like Soojung.

They know each other because of Irene fling with Jiyong. They are the sunbaes they slept with a few weeks ago. That thing makes Soojung and Seunghyun grow closer and they become comfortable with each other only with 3 meetings. Even though they started as one night stand friend but there’s no awkward thingy between them, maybe because Seunghyun has this brotherly feels.

 

Jongin’s eyes remain on the same spot ever since he sat with his friends. Not even Baekhyun’s loud voice could divert his attention from that man who put his hand on that girl’s head.
“I don’t know that girl can look like that with someone around her beside that only friend she had” Yixing voice out what’s in Jongin’s head.