Chapter 1

Little Ones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“A succesful marriage requires falling in love many times,
always with the same person.”

 

    In the master bedroom, the clock on the nightstand's shown at 8 in the morning. Taeyeon's still sleeping with her arms around her son, who had been up a few minutes ago due to the loud noise coming from the kitchen. Jessica's probably preparing breakfast for their weekend morning and making worrisome noise is a normal thing for a bad housewife like her.

 

    Jungyeon knows his omma so well. Jessica could be the worst mother and housewife ever when it comes to managing the household, but he admits that she's the most loving mother that he'll never replace with anything whatsoever.

 

    It's kinda weird for a 6-year-old boy to think deep like this, but Jungyeon's different. He's special and one of the things that makes him special is the fact that he has two mothers, who are always there for him tirelessly in showering him with affection and love despite their hectic life as singer and businesswoman.

 

    Since his mothers will take a week off from their works, Jungyeon will get a plenty of time to spend with them and just thinking about it makes him happy. Especially when his favorite aunties will come to visit him and he's very sure that they'll come because they had promised him about a month ago at their last meeting in their workplace.

 

    After waiting for what seems like forever in a kneeling position beside his gorgeous mommy, Jungyeon smiles at the sight of Taeyeon, who slowly opens her eyes and returns his smile half-asleep.

 

    "Good morning, mommy." Jungyeon greets Taeyeon with a peck on her nose.

 

    "Morning, baby." Taeyeon holds her son's head and pulls him into a kiss on the lips. After that, she examines every corner of the boy's face as she always did before and after waking up. She never gets bored though. And it's not because they rarely spend time together, but because Jungyeon's the most precious person in her life after her wife and her family. And also because she's still trying to convince herself that she has been blessed with a perfect son.

 

    Kim Jungyeon. It's almost impossible for her or anyone else to see his imperfections.

 

    It's fascinating. Just the fact that she's only 28 years old and already has a family of her own is fascinating. And she'll never understand why married couples always show their remorse after setting up their own families. It's surprising because she's been living in married life for 6 years and she never once feel regret for choosing this path. All she has now is happiness.

 

    An incredible happiness.

 

    "I miss you, baby." Taeyeon smiles bitterly. It's almost a month since she saw Jungyeon in person and it's all due to her hectic schedules as Girls' Generation's member. Their first meeting was last night after a month but because of fatigue, she can't say it as a meeting because they didn't even exchange a word and she already collapsed on the bed.

 

    "I miss you too, mommy! Are you going to stay and play with me?" Jungyeon asks for certainty as his eyes stay on Taeyeon, who's struggling to sit up and lean on the headboard.

 

    "Of course, baby." Taeyeon fixes Jungyeon's hair and caress his cheeks, smiling lovingly.

 

    "Yeay! I love you so much, mommy!" Jungyeon jumps into his mommy's arms and buries his face in her shoulder while straddling her waist as he always did when his mothers carrying him to his bedroom whenever he falls asleep in the wrong place.

 

    "Look at those people, enjoying their alone time without the most important person in their world."

 

    Taeyeon slightly turns to the door and spots her wife standing there, leaning on the door-frame with her arms cross over her chest.

 

    "Hey, honey! Long time no see!" Taeyeon waves as she slowly loosens her embrace. She couldn't hide the gleam in her eyes after seeing her wife. It's been 2 weeks since they met and she misses her so much.

 

    "Omma!" Jungyeon sees Jessica and immediately runs into her arms.

 

    "Morning, my baby boy!" Jessica effortlessly carries her son and kisses his lips before Jungyeon buries his face in her shoulder.

 

    "What about me? Where's my morning kiss?" Taeyeon pouts while standing on the bed, holding a pillow and a blanket hanging on her shoulders.

 

    "Don't be greedy please! You've got it from Jungyeon, right? Now go take a shower and then come down. Breakfast is ready!" Jessica turns away and leaves without sympathy to the jealous, sulking Taeyeon.

 

 

***

 

 

    Taeyeon makes her way downstairs while drying her hair with a towel. After she reaches the living room, she sees Jungyeon's watching his favorite cartoon on TV. When she takes a second look while heading to the kitchen, she notices something's wrong right there.

 

    She approaches her son and holds his ribs from behind. "You're way too close to the TV, baby. You're going to ruin your eyesight soon." She pulls him backward and eventually lifts him onto the couch.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter