03.

enmeshed. (of us #1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having a plate of scrambled egg on the table, Yeji forks a piece into while scrolling her phone for any new messages. Seeing none, she brings the plate, sits herself on the sofa and switches on the TV, which is playing the morning news.

Minutes later, she hears groans and grumbles.

Brian emerges from his bedroom, hands in his mussed up hair and pillow-creased cheeks.

"What are you eating?" Sleepiness drips in his voice sending her heart pounding against the walls.

"Uh, scrambled egg."

"That's not a good breakfast."

"But healthy."

"Whatever, I'm making fried rice." Yeji perks up. "I want some!"

He strides over to the kitchen, pulling out items before he prepares the rice. Cutting up leftover sausages from yesterday and some carrots.

Once the rice is well–cooked, he starts cooking. When it's done, he scoops out some and serves it on his plate. He sprinkles black pepper on the rest in the pan, knowing she loves it spicy.

"It's done." he calls out.

Yeji walks over to the table counter and plops herself on the stool. Fishing out spoons form the container, she puts one on Brian's plate before scooping food into .

"Ah, heaven. You should totally cook for me everyday. I'll pay you." she gives him a thumb-up to emphasize her words.

Brian pulls his face, "You said you're going to learn."

"What's the point in learning when I have an awesome cook at home?" she grins.

Brian only gives her a look.

They are quickly enveloped with silence, only the sound of metal meeting the plate fills the air.

"You know," she swallows her food, "your house seems too... bland and dull. Too bachelor–like. I think I'm buying you some decors. Do you mind?"

He shakes his head.

"Good, but you have to tag along."

"No problem."

***

Matching a light blue buttons-up with a midnight black jeans, Brian steps out his bedroom only to see Yeji getting up to fetch car keys from the hooks.

"We're taking my car." Yeji makes a face but grabs his keys before tossing it to him.

Getting into the elevator, he chirps in, "Where are we going?"

"First, the furniture store then the home decor store."

"O... kay. What are you buying me? I'm trusting everything on you, okay."

"I don't know, maybe plants? Cactus? And maybe some airplane replicas, if we can find them and definitely some picture frames. Your walls are too boring to look at."

"I can buy the replicas next time I'm working, they sell them during flight. Picture frames? Hmm, I don't think I want those. Why don't we just buy wallpapers?"

"I don't mind, it's your house."

"Ours now."

She doesn't respond as the elevator dings and steps out quickly.

***

Yeji holds up a white door mat to him, "Does this look okay?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter