02.

enmeshed. (of us #1)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wake up, wake up. We're here." Yeji poked her finger on his cheek, gently rousing her awake.

He has dozed off soundly, pulling the seat lever in order to accomodate his legs right after they pulled onto the highway, consequently allowing her time and space to dwelll on things she sputtered when confronting Stefanie earlier. She didn't believe she would let those words flow out of . She held a patience of ten men's, Jinkyung had once said. Clearly, her counting up to five wasn't exactly a help either. Maybe she should up the number to six next time. Not that she wished for another to happen because once was enough.

Yeah, perhaps that would work.

Brian was still snoring quietly, mouth half-opened, head lolled to the side. She believed he left her no choice, so she hovered her hand in the air before slapping it on his sturdy chest. 

His eyes snapped open, wide. Frustration dusting his feature, annoyed his nap was interrupted. 

"What the hell?!"

"We're here, wake up." she gazed into his droopy eyes. It was evident, his tiredness, but sheshe really did want to do this together, so she willed upon herself to not give a mind.

"Here, where?" his raspy voice turning somersaults in her stomach.

"Grocery store, come on. We have nothing in the fridge. " she tapped his cheek several time as his eyes started drooping close. He whined, "no, I'm sleepy." before encircling his arm loosely around her waist, nuzzling his side of his face on her.

Yeji shrieked, " What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"Let me sleep." He whined again.

She pulled at his ear, "No."

"Ugh, fine." Pushing her away from the car door, he forced his body out, slamming the door with a little more force than necessary.

"I clearly should've just left you with that . Seriously ungrateful." Glaring at him, she huffed before carrying herself away into the store without even waiting for him.

In a matter of seconds, he caught up to her, "think you can outwalk me with those midget legs?" and grinned, It was ridiculous considering she was only a few inches shorter than him, but he didn't have any good comeback in his head so he opted for that one.

Talk about being childish, yeah.

She ignored his jab, pulling a trolley and started heading to a section.

 

***

 

"You are being no help at all. Why did I even ask you? Ugh." she grumbled when Brian dropped his head on the trolley holder, eyes slowly closing. He sent her a sleepy smile.

"Nobody tells you to."

"Well, I just want to know what to cook later. Your favorites, preferences and whatever." 

"You know how to cook?" His head shot up.

"Actually, no."

Rolling his eyes, "then why bother asking?"

"Because I want to learn, you ." Again she left him behind. But not before walking over to the front to push the trolley backwards, making him stumble slightly. Satisfied, she wagged her eyebrows twice."

"I'll eat whatever you cook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter