Missing pieces

The monster's bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a lot of disturbing incidents bomi was now relaxed or say forcing herself to be relaxed. Somehow she diverted her mind in various things. It was almost midnight but she was squirming on her bed unable to sleep. A bang on the window made her jump out of the bed. She carefully went near the window but found nothing but the trees moving due to wind. She gasped when she heard somebody near the door. Running towards the door and opening it “W..Who’s there?” she asked mustering up the courage but again she found no one around. A shadow passed behind her making her jump in surprise. She was frightened thinking she is in trouble yet again and decided to call her family for help. She went through each and every room but found that nobody was available “Where did they go? Did something happen? No….No” she mumbled and rushed towards the staircase. Looking behind once in a while she reached the living room. Her eyes welled up when the whole house was silent “Where did you go? ...Where did you all go??” she shouted calling their names individually. Suddenly a candle was light making her tremble.

fell dry when she saw somebody coming towards her through the dark “Who are you?? she asked but the person kept silent instead walked towards her. She took her trembling steps back “Answer me!!” she yelled but the she could faintly see his corner of the lips turned up into a smirk. She can see the person stretching his hand trying to grab her. She took her steps backwards slowly but bumped into somebody again. She turned around shivering and screamed on top of her lungs “Ah”. She ran away to the side but was cornered by some shadows. She was terrified as it was hopeless to escape. Nothing came to her mind except closing her eyes instantly but deep inside she knew it wasn’t a solution. Soon the lights were and all she could hear was the laughs. She peeked through one of her eyes and saw the brothers surrounding her “Surprise!! Happy birthday princess!!!” they yelled together.

She felt relieved and burst out crying watching them. The brothers expected it might be because of them. Kyungsoo patted her head feeling sorry “Hey princess, we are sorry. We just wanted to surprise you in a unique way” he explained. Bomi pouted “I won’t talk to you all. You know how scared i was” she reasoned. The brothers glanced at each other sticking their tongues out. Chanyeol smacked sehun’s head “It was his idea. We all were against it” he reasoned. Sehun groaned “What??” he said massaging his head. Soon all the brothers started smacking his head agreeing. Bomi giggled secretly but pretended to be mad.They went near her and surrounded her “We are sorry princess. Please forgive us” they said together holding their ears. She wiped her tears and glanced at them with a slight curve on her lips. Their eyes shined watching that. Within a second they jumped on her hugging her except the two obvious brothers kai and baekhyun. Bomi giggled “You are crushing me” she said and they moved back scratching their napes in embarrassment. Bomi giggled watching them. Her eyes now diverted to the walls which were decorated for her. She was touched “Thank you” she said feeling happy at their effort. It reminded how lucky she was to be brought into this family. She couldn’t understand how much she should be thankful to god for the blessing she received.

“It’s time to cut the cake” said suho making her snap out of her thoughts. She stood in front of the cake and made a wish closing her eyes “I wish we are always together forever” she thought about her family. She cut the cake while they sang for her. They fed the cake to her and showered her with gifts. The party was done and she left to the room. She sat on her bed looking at the gifts filled in her room. She couldn’t resist herself from opening those. This happiness was overwhelming to her. Her eyes landed on a specific gift box. Its pink wrapping was pretty and according to her taste. She wondered turning it around “There is no name on it. Who is this from?” she said simultaneously opening it. Her eyes shined when the box was filled with cherryblossoms and with in those was a necklace with a cherry blossom pendant attached to it. She caressed it gently and some memories flashed into her mind “Who is that?” she muttered holding her heavy head. It came to her mind that the more she thinks about it the more she will feel stressed. Heaving a deep sigh she lied on her bed and drifted off to sleep.

In the morning, bomi was in her bed clutching the sheets. She was having a nightmare where she saw the same scene which happened few days ago but along with that she could also see some blurry scenes. She could hear somebody crying for help. She sat up straight panting hard, her forehead covered in sweat “Argh…My head” she groaned in pain “Who was that? ..Why does my head hurt so much?....Those blurry sights….What are those?” she muttered under her breath. She was disturbed when the alarm went off. Shutting it immediately she got out of the bed. She stood near the window hugging her body due to the cold wind. Her eyes fell on her dagger which was placed on the table. She took it in her hands and gently touched it “Who are you? I wanted to thank you for this” she said. Her lips curved into a smile watching it. She kissed it gently “It really changed my mood.hehe…my treasure” she said hugging it to her chest again.

“I guess suho oppa is busy today” she thought as he wasn’t there to wake her up but she recollected she woke up early. “Hey, I am 18 now i have to take care of myself” she said smacking her head and rushed to the bathroom. She got dressed leisurely. She stepped out of the room wearing a new outfit, a white dress which was a gift but bumped into somebody. She lifted her head, massaging it gently and simultaneously apologized to the person. The fear took over her when she saw it was baekhyun “I am sorry….i am sorry” she kept mumbling. She shivered when her eyes locked with his. He took his steps back noticing her shivering “No….i am sorry” he said and left immediately. She slide down the wall clutching her heart “That surprised me….i…” she mumbled. Chen was passing by when he saw bomi on the floor. He rushed to her side, enquiring her “What happened?”. She hugged him tightly “Oppa”. He asked her again her back “Bomi? Are you okay princess?”. She broke the hug and nodded “I am fine just…” she reasoned. He placed his hand on his nose and held his breath. She looked at him confused. He noticed that, quickly ruffled her hair “Go downstairs i will join you later okay?” he said and rushed to his room. She walked on the stairs confused and kept thinking “What was that?”. She ignored it and thought “Chen oppa is so sweet…..and him….just by thinking about him i get chills all over my body. I wonder why i am so scared of him. Come to think of it we never spoke comfortably before. Why is that i didn’t have a proper conversation with him?”. She was disturbed when she met kai downstairs “Kai” she smiled happily. His eyes flared “Don’t call me so casually and stay away from me” he warned raising his voice. She was down “I am sorry..i…” he left without listening to her but stopped after a few steps and said “Sorry and happy birthday”. She could only smile at his warm heart.

Sehun popped out of nowhere throwing his arms around her shoulders “I am here for you”. Bomi chuckled and smacked his hand “Sehun, you liar didn’t you promise you will give me your new game. Where is it?”. He grabbed her hand “I am not here just for games you know?” he stated. Bomi huffed and released herself from his grip “What should i expect from you then?” she said and reached the living room. She expected sehun to run after her but to her surprise he didn’t. She brushed it aside when her eyes landed on suho. She hugged him from behind “Oppa”. He smiled and turned around “My princess looks happy today. Well its her birthday… ” he said pinching her nose. She nodded excitedly “Yeah”.  He placed his forehead on hers “I am sorry i didn’t wake you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter