Chapter 2

OH MY GOD He's Hot!

 "Dude, you haven't left your room for a week. Lena has been blowing up the home phone since Monday. I don't usually care about your love life, but for the love of God, sort your damn life out because I am NOT helping you pay the phone bill." Minho kicked the door open and stood, his brain not registering the scene in front of him.

Jonghyun, looking like he hasn't showered in days, crouched on his spinny chair, staring wide-eyed at Minho, inching towards the screen of the computer and pulling it to his chest. His glasses slipped off the ridge of his nose and he attempted to push it back, poking his left eye in the process. 

"What the actual , man?" Jonghyun pushed himself up and took little steps towards his personal bathroom. "I... I need to take a leak... Or a dump." He sprinted to the bathroom, tripping over himself all the way. 

Minho could hear the click sound of the door locking, and was left standing, bewildered, staring blankly at the bathroom door.


Jonghyun clutched his laptop, giggled like a schoolgirl and slid down the door. He leaned his back against the door and caught his breath, making sure his breath was even before flipping his laptop open, revealing facebook, instagram and tumblr. Photos of the nerd with pink glasses - whose name he later found out (totally not by stalking) was Key - were littered across the computer screen. Information on his hobbies, his favourite singers, his family background and the number of people he's dated.

Seeing that none of the tabs were closed  in his haste to escape from Minho's questioning gaze, he shifted and settled on the bathroom floor, eyeing the door warily, scared that Minho would burst in at any second. He finally gave up on glaring at the door and went back to reading the gathered information he has read countless of times before, sighing contentedly.


Key let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, and resisted the urge to smack the grin off the face of the person smiling dumbly at him from across the table. How many times has the exact same person sat opposite to him in this exact same coffee shop this week? He tried to look around for any empty seats, but unfortunately, like the last time, and the time before that, all seats were occupied by college students taking a break from their hectic school life. 

The first time the creep sat at his table, Key got up and sat at another table. The creep, however, followed suit and plopped down besides him. Seeing that the creep wouldn't give up easily, he pushed his chair back and left the shop. Thankfully, he didn't follow him. 

The next time he visited the coffee shop, that creep was already there at the nerd's usual spot. That annoying stalker caught sight of him and waved enthusiastically, knocking over his cup of coffee which spilled all over his white pants. Needless to say, Key slammed the door shut without entering at all.

Key tried everything. Switching tables, bringing a friend, and even trying to visit at a different time even though his schedule was packed. It didn't work. Jonghyun followed him to another table, pulled the chair out from under his friend, and showed up no matter what time he visited. 

Finally, one day, he couldn't take it anymore. He pushed his glasses back into place and sat up, staring at Jonghyun in the eyes. "Either you tell me why the you're always there during my ing quality time off, or you'll walk home and find your goldfish sliced up and served on a silver platter for your dinner." 

Jonghyun smiled nervously, "I won't mind if it's from you, Kibummie!" He winked. Then he winced as a foot came in contact with his shin. "Give me your number and go on a date with me." Although his expression was playful, his voice was serious. "If you do that, I'll stop bothering you."

Key raised a single, elegant eyebrow. "You? You want my number?" He laughed and clutched his stomach. Then, he tilted his head to the side as if contemplating his choices. "Fine," he decided. 

He wrote his number on a piece of paper and handed it to a dumbstruck Jonghyun. Then, he turned around and left him standing there.