Chapter 1

OH MY GOD He's Hot!

A/N: The plot belongs to us, but that's about the only thing which does. Unfortunately, we do not own any of the characters in this fic. 


Jonghyun was NOT happy.

No matter how many times he bit his lip or jut his hips out, the seemingly preoccupied nerd sitting across of him wouldn't even bat an eyelash to acknowledge his presence, opting instead to flip through his textbooks as if they were more fascinating than HIM, the award winning, greek-god model with a million-dollar smile and the that everyone wants. 

He huffed indignantly, crossing his legs and sipping his barely touched coffee. When he had chosen to sit at the same table as the nerd, this was not the reaction he had been expecting. He had expected to be pestered, to be flirted with, and even pushed back on to his because of the nerd’s eagerness to meet Kim Jonghyun in the flesh. I mean, who wouldn’t?

What he did not expect was to be ignored and neglected. He probably shouldn’t’ have taken this too into heart, but his ego wouldn’t let him. Very rarely had his self-esteem been so bruised and battered, and now that it was, was about to get real.


Jonghyun walked into the café, running a hand through his disheveled blonde hair, white sleeveless collared vest and black skinny jeans attracting stares that he was all too familiar with. He knew that the way his outfit showed his chiseled chest and clung to his muscular legs should’ve been made illegal, but he couldn’t help it – beauty should be showcased and appreciated.

He cocked his head to the side, eyes sweeping through the menu and landing on the ogling barista. "An ice Americano, if you please,’" he drawled out each syllable slowly and deliberately, sending a shiver down the barista’s spine.

"And your name, sir?" she purred, setting her elbows on the counter and arching her back like a cat.

He smirked. ‘Jonghyun,’ he leaned across the counter, looking up at the furiously blushing barista, "J-O-N-G-H-Y-U-N’" He wetted his lips, leaving a sheen of saliva on the natural red.

    Grabbing the ice Americano from her co-worker’s hands, she hastily scribbled her number on the plastic cup before passing it over to the model, winking suggestively. "It’s on the house. If you ever feel like it, call me."

Jonghyun smiled slyly and winked back with a promise of late-night calls and romantic dinners.

He scanned the cafe, and damn was it crowded. He internally swore as his gaze landed on the only available seat. Opposite of some nerd with huge, pale-pink framed glasses, this seat was not what he’d normally choose. But it was either that or the hot, sweltering air outside, and Jonghyun was not eager to leave this air-conditioned heaven.

So he grumbled to himself before walking over to the table, sitting down with a graceful plop. Glasses boy raised his head at the noise and spared him a glance before burying his head in his books again.

To say that Jonghyun was shocked was an understatement. He was ing dumbfounded. Who the hell did the kid think he was to overlook Kim Jonghyun’s holy presence? He sat there, mouth agape, trying to gather his thoughts and actually form a coherent sentence.


And this was how Jonghyun ended up striving for the damn nerd’s attention.

His first attempt was a failure before he had even put it to action. Clearing his throat, he tried to make the nerd notice his lip-biting, but all it did was encourage him to turn a page of what looked like an art textbook.

His second attempt didn’t go any better, but it was worth a shot. He drummed his fingers on the table, creating an annoyingly consistent tapping sound. He wanted a reaction for his efforts, but the nerd only picked up a pen and started dropping notes.

His third and last attempt – slurping his drink as loud as humanly possible - was what finally drew a reaction from the other boy, who took a deep breath before leaning back on the chair and glaring at him behind his glasses.

A mouthful of air caught in Jonghyun’s throat and he choked on his drink, spluttering and holding a hand over his mouth to muffle the coughs because Jesus Christ, he’s hot.


    The guy sitting on the other end of the table was starting to get on his nerves. First he plopped down on the chair unnecessarily loudly, like excuse me , you couldn’t have sat down quietly like a normal person instead of causing an earthquake all the way over in China? Then he slurped his drink noisily with no manners whatsoever – sorry, but were you not properly educated in terms of dining etiquettes?

At first, it was fine. Key understood that the café was crowded during this hour and that there weren’t any spare seats left, so he minded his own business, assuming that the other would too.

A while later, when the man started clearing his throat, he convinced himself that it was tolerable. It was distracting, but he managed.

Afterwards, the guy started drumming his fingers on the table, creating different rhythms with each of them more annoying than the last. By that point he was struggling not to strangle that obnoxious prick, but he disguised his itching fingers by picking up a pen and writing down a few neat sentences.

It was when he started slurping his ing drink that Key couldn’t stand it anymore. He sat up and stared the guy down, pushing his traitor of a brain’s remark on the attractiveness of the man to the back of his mind.

     Key forced a smile towards the blond’s way, gritting out, "Sir?"

"Yes?" Eyebrows raised, the man answered..

"Can you please, just shut the up? Some of us need to study for finals, and you sure aren’t making anything easier for us." Key rose from his chair, adjusting his glasses before turning to leave. "Oh, and I would apply for an etiquettes tutor if I were you. I would probably brush up on my gracefulness too"

He left the (very hot) man slack-jawed in his seat, not even bothering to turn around and look at his reaction.


What. The actual  just happened? He was hot, Jonghyun had to give him that. But did he know WHO he was talking to? Most would die for that opportunity, yet he spent it on lecturing his manners and whatnot. What the ?

Jonghyun was baffled at the encounter with the nerd. For one, he never thought that a nerd could look so damn hot, and also that anyone would have the balls to sass him. He would have gutted them alive if they did, but he couldn't bring himself to gut the object of his thoughts because he was just so gorgeous, and gorgeous people shouldn’t be gutted, right?

    The corners of his lips lifted slowly. He had always liked challenges. But that would have to wait, because Jonghyun had more urgent matters to tend to.

‘Minho?’

‘Yeah?' a deep voice sounded on the other side of the line.

‘I’m in desperate need of a means of transportation back to my house.’

‘…Go back yourself you lazy .’

‘But…Please?’ His eyes grew larger as he prepared his trump card, then realized that they were speaking through the phone. He sighed.

‘ no.’

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

Well, , he would have to walk back home today. He groaned and shuffled out the door of the café, thoughts of the nerd with the pink glasses trailing after him.