Chapter 1

NO TOMORROW

Kyungsoo woke up by the loud ringing of his alarm clock. It’s four thirty in the morning. He still wanted to lay his head on the cozy pillow and wrapped himself in the warm blanket like what an average teenager would do. Sadly, his life did not allow him to live like a normal teenager.

He got up from his bed with his disheveled hair and shuffled lazily to the bathroom.

“What to look forward today? Oh there will be nothing because today would be the same as yesterday”

Is what he said everyday when he confront his reflection in the mirror. Since when his life became this ed up? He would answer since he got birth. He had once asked his mother bluntly why she gave birth of him and earned a slap across his cheek.

His father had died long time ago, when he was not even born yet. People around him said that his mom was a e. His father was not dead, it’s just his mom didn’t know whose child she carried. Every time he asked about his late father, his mom would ignore him. So, he conclude that he was an illegitimate son.

His mom got married but his step father was not like any other normal husband who would work to support his family. He was addicted to gambling and a heavy drinker. Kyungsoo was taking the role instead by working day and night to support his mom and pay off his step father debt.

 

 

He turned the faucet and the cold water hit his body sending a freezing sensation throughout his systems. He had gotten used to this. Giving his unfortunate circumstances, he absolutely couldn’t afford the water heater. This way was better. He needed to feel refreshed for him to start a new day with at least a small glint of spirit. He wore a fading blue t-shirt and a pair of old jeans, getting ready to start a new day.

He walked down the alley with a pile of newspaper on his hand and more newspaper in his sling bag. He needed to deliver all the newspapers before 6 am. The task became harder as he didn’t own any transport, he couldn’t even bought an old bicycle due to his economical condition.

There was once, he was being chased and nearly got bitten by a bulldog. The owner was careless enough not to chain their dog. He ran like his life depends on it and as if bad luck was his great friend; he tripped and fell on the ground. He hurt his ankle and walked back home limping.

 

 

He finished his daily work delivering newspaper exactly at 6 a.m. He got back home, take another shower and changed himself into white uniform, well it’s not that white anymore, the colour had change to a bit yellowish but not that he care though. He’s not that ecstatic to go to school every morning because it would be another pit of hell he would be facing. Despite of his economical problem, he managed to enroll himself in a school thanks to his hard work working early in the morning till late of night.

At school, nobody wanted to be friend with him. Kyungsoo intentionally make no interaction with other people or in a simplest way of talking; he ignore people. He always kept his poker face and preferred to be in his own little world. He only talked when he need to.

Just that one person, who smile brightly like the sun, whose heart as sweet as honey and he’s got a body of an angel. Anything he wore would look good on him. His sun-kissed skin just make him stand out more so, it never bugging him as a complex. Only the existence of this person who would always waited for Kyungsoo with his welcoming warm smile in front of the school gate gave Kyungsoo strength to start a new day as a student.

Kyungsoo never expect someone like Jongin, the hot guy in school would extend his hand for a friendship with a person like Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was just a mere poor boy who got no attractive side, who didn’t worth a second glance; they are what Kyungsoo thought he would be. But Jongin being the nice guy he would be gained his interest in Kyungsoo.

 

“Good morning, Kyungsoo hyung. You look handsome as always,” Jongin greeted Kyungsoo with his trademark smile followed by a small laughed that make him looked cuter.

He knew he looked cute when he laughed and he was using it more when Kyungsoo was around. Not that he wanted Kyungsoo attention that bad, or other ulterior motive such as he wanted Kyungsoo to fall in love with him. It wasn’t for those reasons right?

Kyungsoo’s lips curved upward automatically forming a heart-shaped smile and he greeted that tanned male back. Little that he knew his addictive smile caused someone heart beating like crazy as if it would explode anytime now. Kyungsoo was too naïve to even notice that figure’s cheek in front of him had turned tinted pink.

“Jongin, did you catch a fever? Your face looks pale. Are you okay?”

Kyungsoo asked Jongin while eyeing the said male face with a sincere concerned expression on his face. He noticed that Jongin’s smile was not so bright as always and it’s worried him.

“No, I didn’t. I’m perfectly fine, maybe because it was cold today. Winter season is just around the corner,” Jongin answered him and he looked straight into Kyungsoo’s large eyes. He flashed a reassuring smile to the elder.

 

Kyungsoo finished his work at 12 a.m. He was walking back home praying that his step father wasn’t home drunk. There was one time, his step father was frustrated because he lose his money in gambling and went home drunk. He could still remember, that night, on his way walking home he heard a woman voice screaming and crying followed by a loud thud. He was sure that voice belonged to his mom and bolted to his house at the speed of light.

He broke his house door as it was locked from inside. He was shocked as he saw his step father was pulling his mom hair, dragging her to their room. Blood was dripping from his mom forehead and he saw a crimson trace on the kitchen wall. His step father must have banged his mom head on the kitchen wall resulting on the loud thud he heard earlier. Her lips cracked, dry blood can be seen at the corner of mouth and the bruise across her cheek proved that his mom had been slapped for maybe more than 10 times. He also noticed his mom thighs had several red-bluish lines that were exposed when she was dragged on the floor.

Kyungsoo was so mad at the sight before him, he plunged himself towards his step father and rewarded him with a punch on his face. With his petite body and 5 percent energy left due to working all day long, his strength couldn’t compare to his drunken step father who have a larger body built and stronger. He ended up flying across the living room after receiving a hard kick on his stomach. His world went black after that.

 

 

Kyungsoo snapped back to reality as he saw his house was still bright the moment he reached there. His mom was still asleep, he thought. He entered his house and went straight to the kitchen as he saw his mom figure. She was sitting at the dining table with her head hung low.

“Oh, you’re home Kyungsoo. I have made some tea for you. You must be tired,” his mom flashed a smile but her face doesn’t look happy.

“Are you okay, mom? You don’t look good,” Kyungsoo asked while sipping the tea his mom made for him.

“Well, well. Look what we have here. A lovely mother and son conversation,” his step father came out of nowhere with a smirk plastered on his face.

“I’m sorry,” his mom mumbled with her eyes closed.

“Enough of this, I have a special task for you, my beloved step son,” he grabbed Kyungsoo’s arm harshly, dragged him into his mom room and shoved him on the bed.

“What are you trying to do?” Kyungsoo snarled at his step father earning another smirk on his step father’s face.

“I’m not going to do anything to you, but he will,” a tall man entered the room and suddenly a strong scent of alcohol lingered in the room.

“This is my new way of paying off my debt. Be a good boy and entertain him. Do you understand?” as he finished talking, the stranger pushed him out of the room and locked the door.

 

The stranger pushed Kyungsoo on the bed and pinned him down. He was struggling to break free but suddenly his head hurt so much and his vision became blurred. He lost the strength to fight back. The hot breath on his face and the strong smell of alcohol make Kyungsoo’s stomach wanted to spill out all of its content. He could felt his clothes were torn away from his body and the cold air hit his bare skin. He knew where this would lead to and a batch of hot tears rolled down his cheek.

 

He woke up that morning feeling a sharp pain on his back. He tried to get up from the bed but the stinging pain shot up from his back down to his spine. He removed the blanket that was covering his body and scanned his own body. He found dry blood between his thighs and a bluish mark on his right hips. His eyes trailed down and found blood stained and milky white spots on the bed sheet cover. He knew he couldn’t make it to school today. Jongin must be worried sick because Kyungsoo was not someone who would skip class over something filial.

 

Kyungsoo went to school two days after that horrible incident. From a far, he could see Jongin standing in front of the school looking anxious. He was too deep in his own thought; he didn’t even notice Kyungsoo was approaching him.

“Hey Jongin! A penny for your thought,” Kyungsoo tapped Jongin on his shoulder, making the latter a bit surprised and he nearly said an inappropriate words.

“Oh my God, Kyungsoo hyung! Where were you? Are you sick? Did you hurt yourself? Do you know how worried I am? I waited for you but you didn’t came,” Jongin said while placing his hands on Kyungsoo’s forehead and scanning his body for any injuries.

“I’m perfectly fine, Jongin. It’s just my mom. She fell sick and I need to take care of her,” Kyungsoo said and purposely averting his gaze away from Jongin. Well he was not exactly lying because his mom did fell sick. She didn’t stop crying as she felt guilty towards her own son.

“Your mom is sick? Can I go to your house after school? I want to pay her a visit,” Jongin said eagerly with his eyes full of hope.

“Emm, I’m afraid my mom would felt uncomfortable if you come. Just let her rest. You can come another time,” Kyungsoo said, hoping that Jongin would understand and gave up his idea.

“Okay then. Can we meet later at the school rooftop during recess? I have two things to tell you.”

“Can’t you just say it now? I’m curious. What do you want to tell me?” Kyungsoo eyes sparkle trying to make Jongin spilled out the truth.

“Nope, you have to wait,”Jongin stucked his tongue out and walked to his classroom leaving curious Kyungsoo dumbfounded.

 


A/N : how is it going? do you like it? Should i put the M tag? Sorry for the grammatical errors. Do comment and subscribe this story. thank you guys!