Clay

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I snapped my eyes open with a gasp, lunging upwards in a single yank of my limbs. I sat up panting, my hair breaking loose out of the band I had previously wrapped around it in a ponytail, and framing my face. I stared at my hair peculiarly, wondering how it came to be around my face, before lifting my shaken hands to brush it aside.

I stared around me with haze, my eyes half-lidded as a feeling of immense exhaustion surged in every root of my core. I found myself sitting around a small circle, enough to cover my entire body, made by the boys’s cards. I widened my eyes, before looking for the boys themselves, to find them all kneeling around me where they were previously sitting down.

They weren't kneeling out of respect, because their faces were contorted in pain, and Jongdae, whom was the closest to me, furrowed his eyebrows, while gritting his teeth at the same time. I counted the heads around me, realizing that beside Tao, there was another new head.

The new person was kneeling wholeheartedly, his hand placed over his heart as a sign of respect. He looked large, even while he was kneeling. He towered everyone, even Tao whom was tall himself. His eyes were closed, and his soft looking eyelashes hung over his fair cheeks almost magically. I found my heart fluttering. He resembled a prince, a handsome one.

“Guys..,” I muttered hoarsely, my voice coming out groggy and laced with sleep, although I was more nauseous than drowsy. The boys all lifted their heads to me simultaneously, winces on their faces. “What happened?”

“You called Kris,” Joonmyeon was quick to explain, and I noticed he was the least pained. He climbed up from his kneeling position, before wincing and dropping back down to his knees. “And then this happened.”

“We don't know what this is,” Xiumin murmured hoarsely, and even then he still shot me a playful look, his eyes twinkling in mischief despite everything. I wanted to give him a hug. “But it hurts like a .”

“H-Hani..,” I heard Chanyeol groan out, and I shifted my eyes to him to find him trying to collect himself and stand up on his les. “Y-you are b-b-buzzing with power..”

“I feel like I’m in the presence of the witch. I haven't felt like this before,” Sehun was quick to finish Chanyeol’s sentence, and my eyes widened. His words were similar to Chanyeol’s words, when he was able to call out his wings. What does this mean? Why do they feel like the witch is in their presence? “It's incredible, and a little creepy.”

Then, the Kris guy that I had summoned stood easily on his two legs, his piercing, jet black jewels staring down at me almost ominously, even though I knew nothing dangerous was about him. He had a comforting aura, like Joonmyeon's, despite his expressionless face, and I wasn't scared. Why was he the only one unaffected by this? Was it because he was just summoned?

“My lady, you need to collect our cards,” Kris muttered softly, no feeling behind his words. He was burning with aloofness, the type that doesn't hurt yet still there, swallowing his soul to the brim. I stared around me at the cards once again. “It's not safe for them to be scattered around.”

“Can you help me?” I asked him softly, guiding my eyes to him and softening them not to shock him. It still made his eyes widen, though, but he was quick to compose himself into his blank demeanor.

“I cannot, my lady, I’m not allowed to touch the cards.”

“But I’m kind of sore,” I murmured, which was the truth. I tried to move my body up, but my legs protested, and there was an empty feeling in my stomach that made me feel nauseous. I was sure I will throw up if I moved an inch away from my place. It was a miracle I could even sit up.

“My lady.. I..,” Kris seemed lost, and I didn't fail to notice the continuous stares he kept shooting his friends, filled with confusion, awe, and absolute excitement. Although he tried to suppress the last emotion, and I realized he wasn't someone to show his positive feelings so easily, or rather liked to show them, for an odd reason I wasn't able to decipher. He appeared just now and I’m already buzzing with curiosity over him. He was intensely mysterious. “I’m not allowed,” he continued then, after he gathered himself well.

“I’m sorry, but who is not allowing you to do that?” I feigned a curious, lost expression, and Kris looked at me as if I lost my head. “I just told you to help me collect the cards, which means I’m allowing you to do it. So would you?”

“Nice going, Hani,” Sehun, of course, snickered, and I shot him a playful grin he reciprocated right away. I found my heart swell with emotions. Sehun was much more endearing when he was smiling and being genuine.

Slowly, Kris stepped forward, his pants glinting when he passed by the window, the sun reflecting over the sparkling material of his ugly pants. He crouched beside me, shooting me a quick, a bit appalled look, before reaching for the cards closer to him (Jongdae’s, Baekhyun’s, and Joonmyeon's) at first, his hand froze, as if unsure he should do it or not, but when I started to help him out – I had to crawl a little closer to reach him – he slowly did the same.

Then, when I was about to swivel around to collect the remaining cards, Kris shot his eyes towards me, a curious yet cautious look flashing by his orbs, and I found him to be adorable, despite his sharp, and masculine features.

“Who are you?” that was a question that a lot had asked me, a repeated one that I was getting annoyed with. But, I lifted my head up at Kris and smiled.

“I’m Moon Hani.”

-

“You okay?”

I smiled at the boys, after finally getting up on their legs after the pain wave that attacked them. Most of them opted to massage their legs, while Chanyeol and Sehun continuously patted their stomachs, as if the source of pain came from there.

Jongin raised two thumbs up at me, while stealing a hoodie and jeans from Chanyeol’s side right besides my side of my wardrobe, and then throwing them towards Kris’s side. The taller boy ended up blinking at the pair of clothes, absolutely stupefied.

“We are alright,” Jongin said, closing the closet with a sweet smile. My heart thumped at the beauty radiating off of him in waves. “Although, we’re not sure what exactly happened, I can tell it's something about all of us together, creating a deck.”

“The Exo deck, right?” I mumbled, shooting Tao, whom was staring at me with awe on his face, his hands still absentmindedly patting the soothing fabric of the hoodie he had finally put on. Tao turned entirely red, his cheeks flaming and his body shaking. He was so adorable, like a child.

“Hmm,” Yixing hummed in agreement, checking his friends and continuously asking if they were okay even though he couldn't heal their words – I could. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Kris pulling Joonmyeon aside, talking with hushed voices, expression serious. I could tell that whatever they were talking about is something I already know, it was more like Kris was filling up the holes in his brain by discussing whatever he missed while he was locked in his card. This wasn't the first time for me to see Joonmyeon so serious, but I got to say serious Joonmyeon is my absolute favorite. He was undeniably attractive like that.

“So..,” I drawled, catching the attention of the scattered boys around. I was trying to tie my hair back to how it used to be. “Shall we go eat something before we discuss everything that happened?”

“Oh, oh, Hani, I would like some bubble tea, please,” Sehun raised his hands (both of them, mind you) very obediently, a small, puppy smile tugging the corner of his lips. I raised my eyebrows at him.

“Are you being polite? What has come to the world?” I teased, already fishing for my wallet, momentarily wincing when I thought I needed to confront my parents sooner or later. I was worried they’d be worried for me, because they’ve known what kind of cards mine are, and now that they’ve finally been reunited together, I’m pretty sure the energy they radiated was immense.

“Don't be fooled,” Kyungsoo scoffed, swatting Sehun on the head once he shot him a glare, murmuring something about respect. “He’s only like that because Kris terrifies him and he worships manners.”

“Ah-ha!” I pointed at Sehun accusingly after Kyungsoo’s explanation, and the younger pouted at his hyung, who only smirked evilly. “You’re scared of Kris—“ I looked at the said guy, finding him finally collecting Chanyeol’s clothes that Jongin had provided him with. He shot me a look when he noticed my intense stare, and I only smiled at him, making him blink. “—who is as harmless as a fly!” I continued, because that’s genuinely what I thought of Kris. A fly!

“Oh God, Hani,” Baekhyun groaned, and I looked at him with a y face. It made his lips curl the slightest. “None of us are a harmless fly, I thought you’ve already seen that.”

“You're all some harmless flies to me,” I gave him a bored look. “You have something against that? Come and fight me.”

“Oh, I will, I’ll make sure to break all of your pretty little fingers—“

“Oh, Baekhyun, just kiss her al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter