White

Twelve Majestic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    

 

incase you're all wondering, The prologue mentioned about Hani having a card, but in the previous chapter her parents claimed she didn't have any wielding gene. It's not a mistake I made, but a mystery. I hope I've made that clear. Oh and Chapter lengths might change from one to another - but no one would be under 2,8K okay?- sorry for the Typos beforehand!!

 

                     ***

 

 


“Urgh.. Shopping..” I whined unattractively while popping a red M&Ms in my mouth, looking slightly to the side at the fidgeting warrior beside me. At first my mother refused my taking him with me, claiming he would cause some major disturbance in the mall, especially with the way he was dressed. But with a lot of nagging – my speciality of course – my mom finally agreed to let me take him with me, making me promise to take his card with me and send him inside immediately if he does something bad. Though I wanted her to define bad, I couldn't possibly make that joke when she looked absolutely serious and distraught, making me wonder if this boy would actually cause such a thing.


While looking at him in the small period of time I had, I could conclude some things. First of all, he looked as harmless as a fly could be, just annoying the people by its presence and causing them pointless worry. He was also very fidgety, as he kept shaking at every single word I gave him, and every look I sent his way. I had debated what name I should call him, since my mom was very persistent on that, but so far my mind is completely blank.


I stared down at the list of items in my hands, a blank look on my face. My mother had always in pinpointing the portions of things she wanted, and I always end up bringing either too many, or too little of what she desired, making me stagger right back at the shop and fix my mistakes as my mom likes to say. I usually fight with her because of that, complaining and nagging that it's always her fault she doesn't write how many she wants. Apparently though, she never seems to learn from that mistake, and ends up doing the exact same thing.  


I blew on a sigh, pointing down at the reddish tomatoes in front of me before looking at the curious warrior, whose eyes seemed to take in the sight of the round things.


“How many do you think we should take?” I started a conversation with him, taking one slightly green tomato in one hand, and a red one in the other hand, comparing the two together. Mom always told me to pick the fresh vegetables, and I found it extremely hard because they all looked the same to me despite the color differences they sometimes have. “I don't know, my lady.” I snapped my head from the tomatoes I had in my hands when I heard his voice, and I could see him still eyeing the tomatoes with hunger for answers. I shrugged at his answer, feeling only a little crept out by the name he addressed me with.


“Do you know what these are? They are called tomatoes, we use them for so many meals,” I explained to him, waving the food in my hand in front of his face. He looked at me like I had lost an eye or two, and I wondered if he felt as stupid as I felt while explaining these things to him. Then there was a shift in his orbs, and I could have sworn amusement was evident in them, but that emotion disappeared as soon as it came, and I was faced yet again with blankness.


“Thank you for enlightening me, my lady,” I couldn't help but groan so loud at the absurdity of his words, though I couldn't stop the reddish hue from spreading along my cheeks. I’ve never been thanked for anything that I've done, because it isn't something to be thanked for or wowed about. It is mostly normal, even sometimes the stupid things that I may do or vocalize, just like right now. The words I have said to him were stupid, even if he didn't know what tomatoes are, and I just felt like an idiot saying that to him – even though I think he already knows what tomatoes are, and was thanking me for the sake of respect – I still felt like an absolute idiot. I stuffed both tomatoes I had collected in a bag that I had already grabbed from the dispenser, and they were soon joined by four or five more inside before shoving them into the trolly, before staggering away from the vegetables, the nameless warrior strolling behind me almost silently. 


Then we passed by giggling girls, and I was inclined to lift my head and stare at them because of their loud chatter. They all looked like high school girls – cheerleaders I think, because there were traces of pompom glitter still on their skirts - and they were all sneaking glances at the nameless warrior beside me – I shall call him nameless, it seems to fit him so far – sending me a kind smile before darting their heart-like eyes to the warrior.


I looked at the warrior beside me with a growing grin, seeing him try to avoid the looks he was receiving by looking down at the ground, and then back up in a peek. 


“Awwww,” I loudly awed, nudging the shy warrior beside me with my elbow. “They think you are handsome! I think you should talk to the one in the middle, she is the cutest,” I lowered my mouth to his ears in a rushed, heated whisper, feeling my match-making self turn giddy and hyper. The nameless warrior shot me a wide eyed stare, absolute horror evident in his eyes that made me wonder if I had said something wrong again.

“I’m sorry, my lady. I should not have looked at them,” he bowed so deeply, absolute remorse on his face and reddening cheeks. I immediately flushed – he was bowing so deeply. He was attracting attention from everyone – and I immediately reached for his shoulder, pulling him up from his bow. He immediately flinched at my touch, and took a step back from me on impulse. I dropped the M&M’s I had earlier retreated from the trolly at his hard move, and knelt down to collect the colored chocolate beads.


“,” I cursed under my breath, and kept collecting the chocolate. It was already summer, so the weather was hot. My hands were also slimy, which resulted on the chocolate to slip and escape from my grip. I could see the nameless warrior’s feet in my peripheral view, and he was standing still, not bothering to apologize or even lower himself down to collect the chocolate with me. I raised my head slightly to look at him, and I caught the glare he was sending me for a second before he noticed I was staring, and gave me an apologetic stare instead. Somehow, it made me afraid and gulp down my saliva. Are they really just entities like my parents said after all?


“It's all good, no problem!” I exclaimed loudly while flinging myself up on my feet like a rocket, the chocolate already secure in the bottle. There were audible sighs from the people who were watching me with worry, and then flashed grins before they walk away on their own, glaring at the nameless warrior at his lack of gentlemanly deeds. I gave the warrior a reassured nod, shaking the bottle of M&M’s to show him that everything’s alright. The warrior looked away from me, and I frowned. It was honestly all fine, why was he refusing to look me in the eye?


“Anyways,” I started yet again, pushing the trolly with my hips and picking up a jar of carrot pickles, my mom’s favorite. “We should pick a name for you, I can't call you nameless all the time,”


“You can call me whatever you want, my lady,” he responded almost automatically, too robotically, like he was absolutely used to this repeated conversation. I looked back at him, feeling absolutely sorry, remorse showing on my face. I had tight principles, one of them being that everyone has the right to do whatever they wanted without someone telling them what to do. The nameless warrior was no different, I believed in my instincts; as they are usually true all the time. My instincts right now were telling me to believe in this boy, and that he is more than just an entity with no conscious. 


“You know what? I’m usually always in the principal’s office for being a rebellious kid, let us be rebellious and choose a name together, okay?” I waited for him to respond again, having my back to him so he wouldn't see the anticipation in my eyes. I heard him shuffle closer to me from the back, and I turned around to watch him watching me instead, a serious expression on his face. 


“I’m afraid we cannot, my lady. I don't have any say in your naming process, forgive me.” He bowed curtly, and it was starting to annoy me how he refused almost everything. I did just say we would be a little rebellious didn't I? So it perfectly means we wouldn't be taking any rule into consideration. Though I was a patient young woman, and I could tolerate him a bit more. 


“But I want you to have a say, I’m giving you the chance to pick out whatever you want,” I said more clearly, wanting him to underst

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter