Chapter 6

Missing and Misplacement
Please log in to read the full chapter
  YESSS I finally updated! Sorry everyone... this was supposed to be updated yesterday but wifi decided to play a prank ~.~ Okay so this chap was mostly clearing things up. Truth is... there was more to this chap but I decided to break it apart therefor chap 7 will be REALLY short. BUT~ In truth, this chapter is my longest so far~ sporting about 4,550 words I think. ENJOY even tho it . Btw. italic is thoughts

              “Myungsoo…” Hyunsoo was positioned awkwardly between Sunggyu’s arms. He was baffled and confused by the sudden action of the other. Although he had wanted to push the other off of him, he hesitated. Hyunsoo couldn’t. Not knowing the real reason himself, Hyunsoo just couldn’t bring himself to be so heartless. Especially not after feeling the pain in the older voice. Why is it that my heart ache for him? He sounds so… sad.

                Woohyun was left speechless. Just a few minutes ago, Hyunsoo was in his arms so why is it now, perhaps only a minute or so later, that he’s in somebody else’s? People had often hugged and cuddled with Hyunsoo because he was just so squishable and Hyunsoo himself was a koala, but the way Sunggyu was hugging him didn’t feel right. Carefully analyzing the scene in front of him, he was finally beginning to regain his senses. It was weird. Everything about how Hyunsoo and Sunggyu are together was weird. Woohyun found it disturbing, annoying, or anything but ‘right’. The more he thought about it, the angrier he grew. Woohyun felt bitter; he was furious with Sunggyu.

                Woohyun grabbed Hyunsoo’s hand and proceeded to place one hand on Sunggyu’s shoulder and forcibly pulled the two apart. He had pushed Sunggyu with all his strength, his rage not helping with the force. Sunggyu was propelled harshly and since he was still in quite a daze, he ended up stumbling a few steps back. Sunggyu was muddled as he stared at the floor. When he looked up he saw Woohyun standing in front of him with an arm wrapped around Hyunsoo’s waist possessively. Woohyun faced him with his face scrunched into a deep frown and eyes stabbing with resentment.

                “Sunggyu!” He squawked infuriated, his tone openly showing his displease with Sunggyu’s action with no regards of respect. “No matter how adorably sweet Hyunsoo is, you’re not allowed to hold him like that!”

                Sunggyu was still a bit confused but he eyes landed on the youngest of the three, once again. He saw the other looking at him with eyes filled with concern and confusion. He then looked over at Woohyun who was now fuming with anger, ticked off. “I…. He… Myung… Myungsoo…” Was all Sunggyu was able to voice.

                “The hell is wrong with you!?” Woohyun barked. He was getting more and more irate by the moment but Sunggyu only stood there with a confused pained expression on his face. He felt Hyunsoo squirming under his hold because of how tightly his arms were wrapped around his waist but he didn’t release him. He was afraid to. As if, if he let the other out, he’ll leave him.

                At that moment, the rest of their group showed up. Sungjong and Sungyeol was actually walking towards them from the inner café while Hoya and Dongwoo walked up behind them from the café entrance. Feeling that there was a heavy tension in the air, Dongwoo was about to voice his concern towards his friends when his eyes landed on the raven. His eyes widen in disbelief as he continued to stare. No way…

                “M-Myungsoo!?” Dongwoo called out, but to their surprise, it wasn’t his voice only. Dongwoo looked up and saw Sungjong on the opposite side of their circle staring at Hyunsoo with his eyes stretching with dubiety, just like how Dongwoo looked. Although Dongwoo had only met the ‘kitty’ once, he remembers how he exactly looked like. Sungjong was classmates and friends with Myungsoo as well so they were able to ‘recognize’ Hyunsoo.

                Hoya and Hyunsoo was completely confused about what was going on around them. But Hoya decided to call them out.

                “Hey, Woohyun! Hyunsoo! What’s going on? Who’s Myungsoo?” Hoya was really confused and there was this unreadable tension going on. Woohyun looked like he was about to pounce onto Sunggyu and murder him.

                “The hell do I know! I met one of your friend’s friend in class and were planning to have lunch all together. But when he met Hyunsoo, all of a sudden he hugged him as if he was hugging a lover or something!” The other only shouted, still irritated.

                “Sunggyu hyung? Wait… who’s this ‘Myungsoo’ then?” Now Hoya was even more confused. Why would Sunggyu suddenly hug Hyunsoo? They don’t even know him… And then, who’s this ‘Myungsoo’ everyone’s shouting?

                “Guys…” All 6 turned to look at Dongwoo. Dongwoo was trying his best to calm himself down as he knew that where they were standing now was certainly not the place where they should be discussing everything. Especially not with all these possible on-lookers or eaves-droppers. “Let’s sit down first…” The 6 decided that Dongwoo was right and only nodded. They then proceeded to a big table at the corner of the café that didn’t contain much people to avoid attention.

                As they sat down, Woohyun still had his arm around Hyunsoo and still glaring holes into Sunggyu. Sunggyu didn’t seem to notice how Woohyun was staring at him with absolute displeasure as he continued to stare at Hyunsoo with an unreadable expression. Hyunsoo only sat down with his head lowered, afraid of meeting Sunggyu or even Woohyun, or anyone at the moment. Hoya glanced around concerned while Sungyeol and Sungjong were also staring at Woohyun and Hyunsoo with faces… quite blank.

                “So? Mind explaining?” Woohyun voiced with venom in his voice. Dongwoo sighed while trying to figure out how to properly approach everything. Hoya frowned at the tone of his friend while everyone else remained silent.

                “Woohyun, I know you’re not happy with what happened since you’re so possessive of Hyunsoo but… they’re still my new friends so-”

                “Fine.” Woohyun cut Hoya off before he could finish. He took a deep breath to calm himself before speaking more nicely. “Then please tell me what’s going on. Or more like, why in the world Sunggyu is acting like how he is/was.” Although… Woohyun still directly called Sunggyu by his name since he was still unhappy.

                Dongwoo only sighed once again. He was quite stressed with how everyone is acting but then again he had never in his whole life expected something like this to happen. He turned to look at Hoya, Woohyun, and Hyunsoo, who sat next to each other before clearing his throat slightly.

                “Woohyun and Hoya, I’m sure you guys know about the fact that Sunggyu used to date a guy, right?”

                “Yeah.” The two said ones answered at the same time.

                “Okay so… His name was Myungsoo and as absurd as it sounds. Hyunsoo here looks exactly like how Myungsoo was. Or vice-versa. You can say that… they two are like exact copies. Twins or doppelgänger, whichever.” Dongwoo sighed out. He was not comfortable.

                “Wait… what?” Hoya shouted a bit too loudly. Woohyun only sat there staring at Dongwoo with his arm still wrapped around Hyunsoo.

                “Yeah… which is why Sunggyu is shocked. Well, we are too.” Sungjong added in with a sigh. He kind of knew of the matter regarding Myungsoo and Sunggyu.

                “Okay. I get what you’re trying to say, but so what?” Woohyun simply responded.

                “Well, it’s actually really complicated. It’s been three years but the thing is, they never broke up.” Dongwoo explained with a bit of difficulty. He wasn’t sure how he should get everything out there but Sunggyu wouldn’t talk himself and Sungyeol and Sungjong doesn’t know as much, leaving himself as the only option.

                “…Okay?” Woohyun was confused to as why that even mattered.

                “Sunggyu still… he still loves Myungsoo.” Dongwoo says in which Woohyun’s frown grew even deeper. He turned to look at Sunggyu who now had his head lowered.

                “You can’t possibly think they’re the same person.” Woohyun spoke with a tint of disbelief. “Look here Sunggyu, I don’t know what happened or why you did what you did but please refrain from touching Hyunsoo.” Woohyun warned with a poisonous glare.

                “Woohyun… Sunggyu was just… surprised.” Dongwoo added. He knows that Woohyun is really unhappy about a pretty-much stranger acting that way toward his boyfriend but Sunggyu…

                “About what? That they look alike?” Woohyun was now getting quite irritated. He’s really frustrated right now and he only wants answers. Bluntly. Not round-about or slowly. He needs them now.

                “Okay, the truth is… 3 years ago, Myungsoo disappeared.” Dongwoo let out. He figured that telling it bluntly and straightly will be the easiest to do, much to Woohyun’s inner self’s pleasure.

                “Huh?” Now Woohyun was completely confused. Just what is going on?

                “Sunggyu and Myungsoo was dating for 2 years before Myungsoo became missing.” Dongwoo elaborated a bit, hoping to clear some questions.

                “Missing?” Woohyun was surprised. Hyunsoo finally looked up from his lap and he also looked at Dongwoo with confused and concerned eyes.

                “Well to make things more clearly, Myungsoo is a year younger than all of us except for Sungjong, who’s the same age as him… just like Hyunsoo here. If anything, Hyunsoo is too similar to Myungsoo. I remember Hoya mentioning something about Hyunsoo taking Photography?” Dongwoo turned to look at Hoya as he asked.

                “Yeah.” Hoya simply answered, not sure why exactly.

                “Alright. 3 years ago when we were still in high school, Myungsoo joined the Photography Club. He was a first-year then and as soon as he entered high school, he joined the club. In just a few days after joining, it was announced that the club will go on a club trip to Busan.” Dongwoo elated while nodding his head, mentally noting if that was right.

                “B-Busan?” The three Busan-ers were shocked.

                “Yeah. It was at the beginning of the year. In fact, in 3 days from now, is the exact day they left for Busan. And, it’ll also mark the 3rd year since Myungsoo was seen.” Sungjong joined in a bit. He wanted to help Dongwoo out a bit since he could see that he was having trouble but he didn’t know much compared to Dongwoo.

                “What do you mean by that?” Woohyun asked with a frown. Hoya and Hyunsoo only stayed silent as they listened.

                “On the way to Busan, the bus in which the club members were in, got into an accident with huge casualties.” Dongwoo stated as he glanced at Sunggyu who had his head down, gazing at his lap. He knows how much this topic affects Sunggyu.

                “That…” Hoya broke out… he didn’t expect this, nor did the others.

                “It was raining that day and the bus was on one of the roads that paved around a cliff. They found out later on that there was a malfunction in the brake.” He continued. Dongwoo was getting slightly teary as he could feel his eyes watering.

                “So… you mean…” Hoya uttered while Woohyun didn’t say anything. For some reason, he didn’t like where this was going.

                “Yes. It was raining therefore the road was extremely slipp

Please log in to read the full chapter