A Fantasy or A Reality?

Fantasy or Reality

Everyone was just staring at me right now, waiting for my explanation. But all I could do at that moment was to lie back on the sofa and cover my eyes with my hands as if like a shield to protect me from any more unwelcomed news for the moment. I must have stayed that way for quite a while, Key was kicking my foot now.

"Ya Kim Jonghyun, are you sleeping?! Wake up!"

I'm not asleep Mommy, just stunned into slience.

"Jonghyun, I would very much appriciate it if you get up this instant and explain yourself - I am still waiting for an answer."

But I can't, I'm just much too overwhelmed at the moment to react to anyone right now.

"Hey dude, you got to wake up - you've been like this for a few hours already."

A few hours? Well, that explains the tension in the room. 

"Manager hyung, you've got to give him some more time - he's must have been very tired from what has happened today."

Thank you Jinki.

"Are you guys sure he's not dead? "

"Look at his chest Taemin, it's moving."

"Yah, are you waking up or not?"

No not yet, I still can't bring myself to move - but you all sound a little worried there.

"Jonghyun, can you hear us?"

Someone was gently shaking my shoulders, another lifted my arm away from my eyes.

"His eyes are fully closed!"

"Jonghyun, you really gotta wake up now."

"Yah! Seriously Jonghyun, can't you respond? At all?!"

Almost everyone began a physical asult to my body, but strange thing is - it all felt real and I couldn't respond.

One was poking - no JABBING - away at one side of my waist, the other side was subjected to "tickling" coughSCRATCHINGcough by someone else.

Then there was another who was constantly checking my pulse from the neck and wrist, alternating every few seconds as the constant sounds of people walking back and forth in the background could be heard. But, there seems to be a missing person from this mental picture. All the costant attacks on my body were starting to get on my neves and I began to move, in vain hope that it would aplease them enough to stop. I swear I have never felt this sluggish in my life, my arms felt like bricks!

"He's moving!"

"Quick! Attack!" 

The assults did not stop, and I had enough of it. 

"YAH!"

I forced my eyes open to look at a mixture of shock and relief painted across everyone's faces. 

"CAN YOU GUYS QUIT IT?"

Before I even knew what was going on, I was pulled into a very tight group hug. 

"OHMAGWAD WE THOUGHT YOU WERE NEVER GONNA WAKE UP!"

"You frightened the living daylights out of us Jonghyun!"

"We're so glad you are awake."

"What are you guys talking about?"

I guess my question was reflected on my face as I stared at Onew for an answer. 

"You were in a really really deep sleep, for a few hours at least. It was so deep that almost nothing we did could wake you up."

"Took us a good hour to get you awake, you frightened us real bad young man."

"I was asleep?"

My fuzzy brain began to work as things started to make sense to me. 

Leaving the dorm to take a walk, meeting that random flower lady, preparing everything for Valentine's Day, the rings, the hotel nights, the pregnancy. It was all a dream. Roo was a dream too.

Park Che Roo was never real.

The realisation hit me bad. Breathing never felt this hard before, my hands were shaking so much. Suddenly the place just felt too small and cramped, I need to get out of the dorm and into the cold air fast. 

"I'm gonna take a shower and then go for a walk myself ok? I wanna wake up, still feeling sleepy."

I quickly left before anyone could comment on anything and escaped from the dorm in 15 minutes, I could not stand being in there a minute longer. Not when I realised the love of my life didn't exist anymore. Or to be more specific, never existed in the first place. Being in the cold January air made me feel better, it helped to numb my breaking heart. Sure, there will be a few Park Che Roos in Korea - but they won't ever be like MY Park Che Roo. The Roo I knew would never be found, she was too perfect a person in my mind to be in any woman I ever laid my eyes on. Out in the elements, it continued to break into a million pieces as my feet aimlessly walked on. Sad, lonely and cold - both metaphorically and literally. That was all I could feel at the moment. I sighed as I looked up from the grey pavements. 

I was at the park, and it was empty. 

Walking in, it was entirely covered in a thin layer of soft white snow. The only exception being the paths as it was swept away to the side. Taking in a deep breath of cold crisp air, all the confusion in my mind started to feel significantly lighter. But even so, I could not help but continue to ponder about how realistic my dreams were. As I was about to sit on one of the benches, I spotted an old lady with a basket full of beautiful blooms walking in my direction from the corner of my eye. 

She looked familiar, and she had the flowers.

I decided to shake it off, it might be just me imagining things again. I gave her a smile as she stopped in front of me. 

"Would you like some flowers young man?"

"Yes, the lily of the valley please."

Why did I lean towards that particular boquet, I don't know - I just wanted it. When I wanted to hand over the money, she pushed it back to me instead.

"You won't need to pay for these, just pass them on to someone you love instead."

If only she knew.

"I will, thank you."

The old lady gave me a big smile and contined on her way. I looked at the boquet of lillies in my hand, maybe I could gift them to Key when I get back - he was complaining about how lifeless the dorm was without flowers the other day. Continuing my walk, I kept looking down on the path as my mind continued on its train of thought before I got distracted. Then suddenly - 

"Umpgh!"

I landed on the gound, first - with my chest feeling slightly sore.

"Ouch, that hurts... Ohmygosh! Are you ok sir?"

I froze.

That voice, it couldn't be.

I looked up and saw my own expression reflected on her face as she slowly registerd who I was. I don't know how it happened but somehow we managed to hold each other as tightly as we dared to be, all the while with streams of happiness flowing down our faces. 

"This isn't a fantasy, is it Roo?" I whispered into her ear, my voice corse with tears.

"No Jonghyun, this is a reality."

 

- The End -

 

Soooooo, three years later and I am finally done with this story - alright!

I can only hope that I had given my original idea the justice it deserves.

For those who have waited for an ending for so long, I'm so sorry to keep you waiting and I have you enjoy it.

For the new ones, welcome to the story and thank you for reading this all the way till the end.

No matter what kind of reader you are of my stories, you are all awesome either way. :)

Till next time <3