Happy Valentine's Day

Fantasy or Reality

-One month later-

I leaned by the fountains, waiting for my girlfriend Roo to arrive for our Valentine's Day date. 

"My girlfriend. My girl. My. Mine"

I listened to myself repeat those words, they felt rich and smooth like pure honey as they passed through my lips. I smiled. Who knew that all it took was a walk in the park to find the woman of my dreams - literally. After that apology dinner date at our very first meeting, I was convinced that she was THE one. Everything in my heart and head was telling me that Roo was the one for me. And when she agreed to be mine after a couple more dates, I felt like everything was just a beautiful fantasy then. But of course, it was not - it was reality.

 "Jonghyun!"

My smile grew wider as I turned around, only to find myself looking straight into Roo's eyes. They are just beautiful, a warm chocolate brown shade filled with innocence, happiness and pure sincerity. Those are the kind of eyes that I wouldn't mind staring into forever, it was part of my personal heaven. 

"You make my heart stop beating for the world whenever I see you." I whispered softly into her vanilla scented hair as I hugged her tight around her waist.

"Cheesy much, but I like it..." Roo gave me a quick peck on my cheek as she hugged me back.

It was such a long time since we had a proper kiss and all she gives me was a peck on a cheek? I drew back and gave her my best sad puppy dog face and pouted, wordlessly demanding a proper kiss from Roo. Her eyes twinkled brightly as she leaned back in to give me what I wanted. I smiled as I kissed her back harder, my hands slowly trailing down to her hips before roaming the rest of her body. I couldn't be bothered by the fact that we were making out in a public area, in danger of getting caught by some random stranger red handed in the act. At the moment, I just wanted to focus on Roo and Roo alone, as well as that addictive adrenaline rush I get whenever we kiss. 

Disappointment was clearly written all over my face as she pulled away slightly to catch her breath. I closed my eyes again and leaned our foreheads together, to take a moment to cool ourselves off from that hot kiss. It also took me a moment or two to realise that my pants were feeling uncomfortably TIGHT. It felt even tighter than the skinny jeans that I was forced to wear back in SHINee's early days. My cheeks were coloured a deep shade of red as my eyes went wide with realisation.  I quickly stood up and took Roo's hand.

"S-s-so," I stuttered "err, wanna go ea-ea-ea-eat?"

Roo looked at me with a slightly confused expression before giggling " Sure, where are we going?"

Taking in a deep breath to slow down my racing heart, I grinned at her. "Just follow me~"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why do you need to blindfold me Jjong? Do you want me to trip over the many tree roots here?" 

"Don't worry babe, its just for a little while - I don't want to spoil the surprise for you."

I slowly guided Roo through the maze of trees and into a small clearing that I found a long time ago. Small winter flowers were blooming all over the area as trees were beginning to grow back its leaves, the sun shining down bathing the place in a warm golden glow, tiny icicles glinting in the sunlight, all these elements coming together helped give the place an enchanted feel. My heart thumped harder and faster as we walked into the fantasy-like place. I glanced around to look at my handiwork. Actually, scratch that, it should be SHINee's handiwork. I had gotten help from the rest of SHINee as well since the plan was pretty much last minute - without them I wouldn't have been able to pull this off. Minho and Taemin helped to decorate the place, Key was in-charge of the food while I took Onew along with me for some present shopping. Steering her towards the small picnic area I had set up earlier, I took another unnecessary deep breath to calm myself down before taking off Roo's blindfold. 

I held my breath. 

She gasped.

She turned around to look at me with wide eyes.

I quickly squeezed my eyes shut as I prayed for the best. 

But strangely enough, all I felt was a pair of arms around my neck. My eyes popped opened, only to see an extremely happy Roo hugging me tight with a slight sheen in her eyes. 

"Ohmygosh, I totally love it!"

A sigh of relief escaped my lips.

"Come on then, time to have our lunch." 

Thankfully Key had not gone overboard with the food, instead sticking with the basics - Brie cheese, French Baguettes with whipped butter, Cold Roast Chicken with herbs, Chilled Champagne, Strawberries Grand Marnier as well as his apparent new specialty, Super Drunken Gummy Bears. I was quite surprised by the amount of hard liquor Key had used for the dessert and snack when I tried a little earlier on, but that boy claimed that it was nothing. I had made a mental note to myself to refrain both Roo and I from consuming too much of either to prevent a bad hangover the next morning.

I pulled Roo next to me as the both of us began attacking the food together. It seemed like forever since the last time the two of us were able to properly meet each other face to face and have a chat, to catch up on each other. With SHINee's currently busy with our impending combacks and Roo constantly occupied with her job as a ballet teacher, the two of us lead extremely hectic lives.

Before long, the sun was beginning to set - colouring the place in a bright orange glow. The food was finished and cleared away long ago (except for the strawberries and gummy bears), leaving us lots of space to lie down. I took a quick peek at my watch Roo had given me earlier as my Valentine's Day present and a small grin found its way onto my face.

"Its about time I give Roo her's."

But first, I needed to escape.

"Hey babe, I kinda need to make a call first - mind waiting for me for a while?"

"Ok, come back soon."

I kissed her forehead and walked briskly into the trees, towards a very well-hidden cooler bag by the bushes. Inside it was 11 stalks of real and 1 fake stalk of red Damask roses wrapped with various layers of blood red tulle. A black satin ribbon wrapped around the bouquet holding the delicate flowers together. I reached into my pocket and drew out a pair of rings - one for me, one for Roo.

"I have to thank Onew hyung for helping me again, even though that dubu only kept showing engagement rings to me instead of couple rings."

I slowly undid the ribbon on the bouquet, slipped the rings in and tied it back. I could feel butterflies in my stomach as I briskly walked back to the clearing with the roses in one hand, the cooler bag in another. Thoughts began to cloud my head as the butterflies turned into angry rhinos stomping on the walls of my stomach.

"Will accept my gift?"

"Is my gift even acceptable?"

"Is it too fast to give her rings?"

"What if she hates it?"

"Will she hate me for this?"

I shaked my head to get rid of the thoughts, I had already done so much work - I might as well do myself justice and finish what I have started right? I lifted my head from the ground, only to see my dream girl slowly flipping through a book that I had bought for us to pass the time with. 

"She look so beautiful under the sun's glow...

I dumped the cooler bang and made my way towards Roo with my present hidden safely behind my back. I quietly stood behind her talking in her still form before breaking the silence with my whisper.

"Hey babe?"

Her head shot up from the page she was reading.

"Oh! Oh its you, are you trying to frighten me or something?"

"Sorry babe, I didn't mean to..." I replied with a blush as I went down on one knee.

"I know you have already agreed to be my girlfriend but please accept this-" 

Roo was smiling when she saw the bouquet, noticing that single fake rose in the center. But as her eyes trailed down to the sparkling dimond rings on the ribbon,  Roo's eyes became glossy as she was overwhelmed with emotion.

"I will love you until the last rose dies Roo, will you officially be my girlfriend?"

"Yes, yes I will you silly dino." 

 

 

 

New chapter up, yay!!!

Like the name of the chapter, this was supposed to be up on valentine's Day yesterday. But of all good things I had writer's block. =__=!!
I also have another announcement to make: I'll be putting this story on hiatus for now.

I don't know why but I just seem to be losing steam when it comes to writing these few days. An good example would be this chapter.

Did you know it took me more then 3 days to actually put this together? Incredulous right? But its true.

I'm having my frist end of semester exam in less then 12 hours and I haven't started studying yet cause I've been trying to get this chapter up by today.

Wish me luck please?

Read, Comment & Sub - it will make my day. (: