Distance

Run Away With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Mingyu and Nayeon's little lunch date, they proceeded the rest of the day going to their afternoon classes with the others. Nayeon kept replaying the scene where her father threw the chair at his own daughter but that thought cleared when she felt Mingyu wrap his arms around Nayeon, making her feel protective and she was thankful for that, really thankful for having someone in her life that she can trust. 

"You alright?" Mingyu asks in a whisper which Nayeon just nods. 

"I'm okay," Nayeon replies, giving Mingyu a smile knowing that she was fine, well for now until she goes home but Mingyu can read her mind. 

"How about you come to my house after school and we'll ice that mark that your father left you last night." Mingyu says while rubbing Nayeon's hand with his thumb. "Sound like a plan?" 

"Yeah," Nayeon nods again. "Thank you."

Mingyu smiles as he nods while holding her hand tightly, not wanting to let go until their English teacher walked into the room for their last class. Mingyu got up from Seokmin's seat and headed back to his seat that was right next to Minghao. Taking his seat, his eyes never left Nayeon.

Their teacher taught the class where some students slept through the whole lecture or even played on their cellphones when they were supposed to turn it off before class started but for Nayeon, she payed close attention. She may not have been number one in her class, but she was in the top ten at least, with Mingyu, Minghao and Seokmin following behind but it did make their parents proud but for Nayeon, her father seemed like he didn't care when he's a drunk but when he's sober, she just lets him look on the student portal himself when he's at work. 

Once the teacher ended the class for the day, assigning a one page essay about the things he taught today, Nayeon was thankful that she took four pages full of notes but for some reason, she was kind of worried about Mingyu. Nayeon looked over and saw that Mingyu was still doodling in his notebook, with his hand resting on his cheek with the pencil in his hand. He felt the stare that Nayeon was giving him and immediately looked at her with a smile. Even though he was sitting across the room in the same last row Nayeon was in, he had a good view of his loving girlfriend. 

"That's it everyone," Their English teacher announced. "Have a good weekend," 

"Yes~" The students sang as they quickly packed their bags, hurrying out of the classroom as quick as they can. Mingyu was packing his bag as fast as he could so he could get to Nayeon, who was slowly packing hers when she felt Mingyu's presence near her. 

"Hey," Mingyu greeted with a smile after. 

"Hey," Nayeon greeted back with her notebook still in her hand. "Were you working hard over there or were you just daydreaming?" 

"Hmm," Mingyu looked around the classroom before letting out a chuckle, shoving his hands into his pockets. "A little bit of both."

"Should I be concerned?" Nayeon raised her eyebrows before placing the notebook that was in her hand into her backpack.

"Hmm," Mingyu shrugged. "Maybe later," He winked which Nayeon blushed. "Ready?"

Nayeon quickly zipped her backpack up and swung it onto her back. "Ready." 

Mingyu grabbed Nayeon's hand and laced fingers, leading the two out of the classroom where they walked down the hallway with smiles on their faces, also meeting up with Seokmin, Minghao, Seungkwan, Hansol and Chan on the way out. The group was walking down the hallway with smiles on their faces but Nayeon's smile immediately faded when she saw that one person stand in the school office with their school principal. Mingyu noticed that Nayeon stopped which made him stop and the others stop.

"Noona," Chan frowned when he saw Nayeon's facial expression. "What's wrong?" 

"It's-- It's him," Nayeon whispered as she continued to stare at that man who is an abusive drunk at home. Mingyu looked up at the direction that Nayeon was staring and he immediately pulled her close.

"Who is it?" Seokmin asks and when the others look up at the direction that Mingyu and Nayeon was staring into, they were slightly confused. 

"Why is Mr.Jung here at school?" Minghao asks, scratching his head at the same time. 

Nayeon watched as her father stands in the school office with the biggest smile on his face. Seeing the interaction that her father was giving to the principal made her eyes twitch. *Fake, fake, fake. All fake.* Her stomach nearly drops when she sees her father leaving the office with his secretary and the principal. "He's coming!" Nayeon whispers loudly to her friends and they run out of the hallway, almost to the doors when the voice of her father halts the seven teenagers. 

"Nayeon-ah!" 

Nayeon stops with her back facing her father before she slowly turned around out of her friends to see that her father had a smile on his face. 

"Sir," Nayeon greeted with a bow right after. The six boys quickly turned around and bowed to her father nervously and greeted, "Hello Mr.Jung!" 

"Oh, kids." Mr.Jung waved. "You haven't left yet?" 

"You know these hooligans?" Principal Lee squinted at the seven teens while he adjusted his glasses since Principal Lee was becoming the old fart of the school. 

"Of course I do, Mr.Lee!" Mr.Jung chuckled, lighly smacking the old man on the back. "The girl's my daughter, Jung Nayeon." 

"Oh! Nayeon-ie," Principal Lee adjusted his glasses again to get a better view of Nayeon. "I bet you want to know why your father is here, right?"

Nayeon didn't say anything but the six boys nodded their heads, waiting for the old man to continue. 

"Well," Mr.Jung cleared his throat. "From now on, I will be the main sponsor of this school so lucky for you kids, especially my lovely daughter Jung Nayeon, you'll see me at school!" 

Nayeon was ready to drop to the ground. She was not feeling good. Seeing her father at home was already too much for her and now? She was going to see him at school too? Being sober through the day until night, a drunk who doesn't realize that he's been abusing his daughter.

"Oh, sorry kids." Mr,Jung says as he checked his watch. "I have a flight to catch so Nayeon, be good and I'll see you in two weeks." Mr,Jung walked towards the seven teens and as he approached his daughter who was standing in the middle of the boys, placed his hands onto Nayeon's shoulders before giving a peck on her forehead which made her flinch. "Stay safe, alright?" He whispers before he left the school building, with his secretary walking close behind. 

Mingyu and the other boys stared as they watched Nayeon's father walk out and after the door closed, Mingyu turned his attention back to Nayeon who was just staring at the ground, with a train of thought floating in her head. 

"Nayeon-ah," Mingyu called to her attention and as she looked up, there were tears running down her face. She ran out of the school doors with Mingyu chasing behind her closely. Once he was fast enough to catch up to her, he wrapped his long strong arms around her small figure from behind. 

"Please," Nayeon choked out a sob. "Please let me go, Kim Mingyu." 

With her plea, Mingyu's grip around her small figure made him hug her even tighter. "No," Mingyu whispered. "It's my job to stay by your side, like it or not." 

Nayeon turned around with Mingyu's arms still wrapped around her and buried her face into the chest of his uniform, wrapping her arms around his hips. "I hate you, Kim Mingyu." 

Mingyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter