A Day Well Spent

Run Away With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Nayeon found herself sleeping in her own bed but for some reason, something felt empty. Nayeon patted to the right side of her bed, noticing that a special someone was gone. *Where did Mingyu go?* Nayeon thought after she turned her head over to the right, seeing that Mingyu was missing. She looked at her nightstand and was expecting to find a note but there was no note from Mingyu. Nayeon also noticed that Mingyu's phone was sitting right next to hers on the nightstand until she heard a door open and then close. Nayeon knew it wasn't Joonmyun since he didn't start until later or her father, where he was in America for business. 

"Mingyu?" Nayeon lightly called.

"I'm here honey~" Mingyu sang as he came into Nayeon's bedroom with a tray full of breakfast. 

"Oh Mingyu-ah," Nayeon smiled. "When did you get up and make all of this?" 

Mingyu sat the tray down in between him and Nayeon before handing her a fork and knife. "Well, I got up an hour ago to use the bathroom and then I realized that I should make breakfast for the one I love who is still sleeping in bed. Do you know how cute you look when you sleep, Nayeon-ie?" 

"No I don't," Nayeon mumbled, hiding her now flushed cheeks. "But thank you, for the breakfast, Mingyu."

"It was nothing," Mingyu shrugged. "Now hurry and take a bite! I want to know if it tastes bad or not." 

"Alright," Nayeon nodded before looking down at the little heart shaped pancakes. "They're so adorable," Nayeon commented before she picked up a pancake with the silver fork in her left hand and placed the little pancake that was now dipped in syrup into . Mingyu smiled as he watched his love's eyes light up when she swallowed the pancake. 

"How is it?" Mingyu asked, scooting closer towards Nayeon. 

"Kim Mingyu, where did you get this skill? I think this is the first time you ever cooked for me," Nayeon smiled, taking another bite of her pancake, also giving Mingyu a bite of his own creation. 

"Well," Mingyu swallowed before taking a drink of one of the glasses filled with orange juice. "I've been taking those cooking classes at school and so I thought, why not try these recipes at home myself and have you or my parents taste test them but since my parents are barely home, I'll have you taste them." 

"Aw," Nayeon cooed. "I'm honored. Thank you." 

"It's whatever," Mingyu chuckled. "Eat more," 

"Alright, Mingyu." Nayeon nodded and took another bite of the pancakes. Nayeon would constantly feed Mingyu until the both of them finished the plate and the glasses of orange juice. "Wah~ I'm full." Nayeon said as she patted her stomach, letting out a yawn. "But now I want to take a nap." 

Mingyu yawned after seeing Nayeon yawn. "Me too," Mingyu says as he stands up, taking the tray out of Nayeon's grasp and sets it to the side before crawling to the empty space on her bed right next to Nayeon. Taking her into his strong arms, Mingyu rested his head on top of Nayeon before placing a kiss on the top of her head.

🎶 🎶 🎶

A couple hours later, Mingyu finally woke up around noon. Mingyu stretched, eyes closed with his arms in the air until he realizes that something felt empty by his side. Mingyu opened his eyes and noticed that Nayeon was gone, also seeing that he had a sticky note stuck onto his forehead. Mingyu yanked the note off and read:

When you wake up, I'll probably be on my way to the market right now so until I come back, I'll be back with your favorite snacks since you cooked breakfast for me~ (: 

-Nayeon ❤️

Mingyu smiled when he saw that Nayeon signed the sticky note with her name written in English, Mingyu didn't know what he should do until Nayeon came back. He went downstairs where he saw Joonmyun, Nayeon's butler cleaining Nayeon's father whiskey case. 

"Good afternoon, hyung." Mingyu greeted, catching Joonmyun's attention. 

"Ah, Mr. Kim." Joonmyun bowed towards Mingyu, which left Mingyu feeling a little awkward, seeing someone older than him bow to him. 

"Eh~ Why are you like this hyung?" Mingyu teased, earning a smile from Joonmyun. "It's weird seeing you when you're older than me bow to me."

"Just doing my job, sir." Joonmyun bowed again before going back to his chores. 

"Ah, okay," Mingyu nodded before heading back upstairs to Nayeon's room where he went towards the bathroom to fix himself up. He grabbed the blue toothbrush where Nayeon kept just in case if he ever spent the night just for him, with his name written on it in English. Mingyu smiled when he saw how neat Nayeon wrote his name before he brushed his teeth. 

🎶 🎶 🎶

Nayeon arrived to the store after a ten minute walk. With her earbuds placed into her ear blasting her favorite music, she walked right into the little convience store, bowed to the lady who was standing at the front counter before heading into one of the aisles. After grabbing a basket and placing her and Mingyu's favorite snacks, all of a sudden there was a loud commotion coming from the front of the store but it didn't bother Nayeon with her shopping since she did have her earbuds in.

It was Mingyu's friends. Mingyu left last night so his friends slept at his house while he was gone and they decided that they would come into the same store that Nayeon was in. 

"Seungcheol hyung!" Chan yelled. "I'm gonna go to the chips aisle!" 

"Fine but Chan! Don't buy too many snacks! Not all of us are rich like you!" Seungcheol replied, heading towards the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter