Hurt

Run Away With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you," Nayeon greeted to the detective that's been helping her for a month. She looked at the three sheets of papers that had information on her sister and even her mother. Nayeon found out that the two women had been staying in Busan after the fight between her parents. 

"You're welcome," Detective Kim Sunggyu replied with a smile. "I never thought me or my co-worker would find them since they use different names now that they're in a different part of Korea, right Sungyeol?" 

"Right, Chief!" Detective Lee Sungyeol replied from his desk, giving a thumbs up.

"Yeah..." Nayeon smiled, looking at the sheet of paper with the licenses that belonged to her mother and sister, Nayoung. 

"I really hope you can visit them soon. No child can live without their mother or sister when they run away like that." Mr. Sunggyu stated, looking straight at Nayeon who wouldn't stop going through the information.

"I agree," Nayeon nodded. "Thank you so much again for taking the time to look for them." She bowed ninety degrees before leaving the police department to go back to school. *I can't wait to tell Mingyu the news.* Nayeon thought with a big smile on her face. 

🎶🎶🎶

"Hey, where's Nayeon?" Seokmin asked as the group were eating lunch at their daily lunch table. 

"Oh, she went to the police department." Mingyu replied before sticking a spoon full of rice into his mouth. "Something about her mom and sister, maybe?"

The group hummed in response as they continued to eat their lunch before going back to study hall. As they were finishing up, Mingyu was the first to get out of his seat, taking his tray with him so he could bring it to the cleaning area. He placed his dirty tray along with the other trays and walked back to his table where he saw his friends and a girl that has been crushing on him for a long time, even though she knew that Mingyu was taken. 

"Hyeri," Mingyu called for the girl's attention. 

"Yes, oppa?' Hyeri replied in a flirty tone. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked, raising an eyebrow to see that she was sitting in Nayeon's spot. "You're sitting in Nayeon's spot."

Hyeri smirked, letting out a laugh. "But I don't see her anywhere, oppa." Hyeri looked all over the lunchroom before turning her gaze back to Mingyu. "Do you see her anywhere?"

"Aish, this girl," Seungkwan muttered, glaring at Hyeri who continued to look at Mingyu. 

"No, but she will be here." Mingyu assured. "I know she will." 

"Whatever," Hyeri rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah! Oppa, can we talk for a second?" Mingyu stood there with a twitch in his eye, thinking to himself. *This girl won't go away, will she?* "Don't worry, oppa. If we talk for a couple minutes, I'll leave."

"Fine," Mingyu nodded. "If it will make you leave, let's go." 

"Yay!" Hyeri cheered and jumped up from Nayeon's seat. 

"Help me," Mingyu mouthed to his friends before he left the lunchroom with his back turned against his friends as he walked behind Hyeri out of the lunchroom. 

Hyeri led Mingyu to an empty classroom where she knew that everyone was at lunch. She waited for Mingyu to come in before she could shut the door behind him as he walked in, also locking the door. 

"H-hey," Mingyu stared at her in shock. 

"Don't worry," Hyeri smiled. "I'm not going to do anything to you, relax." 

"F-fine," Mingyu sat in an empty desk. "Talk."

🎶🎶🎶 Nayeon happily arrived at school where lunch was about to end. She walked into the lunchroom with a big smile on her face where she saw her friends sitting in the corner of the lunchroom, realizing her presence.

"Noona!" Chan waved, standing up to give Nayeon a seat.

"Hey guys," Nayeon waved, taking a seat right in between Chan and Minghao. Looking around the whole table and the whole room, Mingyu was absent. "Where did Mingyu go? Is he here today?" 

"Ye-yeah," Hansol nodded. "He's here but he went to talk to someone." 

"Really?" The other kids nodded. "I should go look for him." Nayeon said as she stood up, pushing the chair under the table. "I'll see you guys later." 

"Bye~" They waved.

Nayeon walked out of the lunchroom and started to wander around the whole school before class started again. She looked in empty classrooms to see if Mingyu was there but sadly he wasn't in them so she wandered to the second floor. As she got to the top of the stairs, she heard a light conversation between a girl and a guy. Nayeon's face brightened with excitement and walked towards the room until she placed her hand on the doorknob but suddenly halted when she realized that the two people were talking about her. 

"Why do you even like her so much?" Hyeri asks Mingyu. "Don't you think she's a problem since her dad is an alcoholic who abuses her when he gets the chance?"

"I--" 

"Admit it!" Hyeri literally yells. 

"Y-yeah." Mingyu agreed. "She's a problem tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter