Chapter 7

Sweet Dangerous Blood

CHAPTER 7

 

 “Come with me when I ask you nicely like this. You don’t want see me in my demon form.” Siwon’s evil smirk made Taeyong froze out of the fear. Taeyong knew he was in the danger now. He needed Ten!

 “If you want to save your boyfriend, then come with me before I kill him.”

“No! NO! PLEASE DON’T KILL TEN!” Taeyong was panicking. “I’ll come with you! Please save Ten! Please….”

Siwon smirked. “Good. Now, walk closer to me and take my hand. I’ll show you our real home.”

Taeyong’s legs were shaking. He took a step, then stopped, gasping loud. Siwon's hand color changed to black, burnt, and there’re flames around it.

“You won’t feel the heat. Trust me.”

Taeyong didn’t afraid of the flame. He even didn’t afraid if Siwon suddenly blows him the scary fire and burns him to death. He was only afraid of the zero chance of meeting Ten again after this. ‘What would happen to me? What would happen to Ten? What would happen to us?’

Taeyong took a step again, raised his left hand, ready to take Siwon’s hand. He could see how scary Siwon’s proud smirk right now. As if the demon had been waiting for this moment to finally happen right in front of his eyes.

But before Taeyong’s finger touched Siwon’s palms, a huge wave of water – like tsunami – splashed out of nowhere on Siwon’s body, followed by the sharp arrows made from the water – stabbed on Siwon’s arms and chest – aiming for his heart, but the demon was too quick, he could escape the attack.

Taeyong was amazed at how fast the attack coming, and so his eyes widened when he saw who the attacker was, who had saved him from the demon.

Taeyong recognized this man. This tall lanky man with the bright orange hair and the luxurious silver robe. He saw him twice or more before, when he was alone because Ten had been spending times doing the special training in school, standing on the rooftop across his room, as if the orange haired man had been watching him, guarding him. From what? Taeyong had no idea. At that time, Taeyong took a mental note for himself to ask about the orange haired man to Ten later, but as soon as Ten arrived, Taeyong had forgotten about the man. Now the man was here, helping him.

The orange haired man stopped attacking Siwon when Siwon lay on the ground, coughing, but laughing loudly like a mad man.

“Never knew you got this strong, Doyoung.” Siwon managed to talk between his coughs.

“Stop the bull, Siwon! I know your father never asks you to bring Taeyong. You can’t bring him anywhere. It’s not your job. Stop ruining your father’s plan!”

Siwon smirked, standing up, doing nothing but talk. “You know more than you should, huh? Did your lover know? Of you being the double spy? Did your half brother know? Of you taking part in betraying him two hundred years ago?” Siwon was spitting on Doyoung’s shoes. “Whose side actually are you?”

“Jaehyun’s. It’s always been Jaehyun’s.” The orange haired man answered the demon with poker face.

Siwon laughed. “How romantic.” His voice was full of sarcasm. “Beware of this vampire, kid. He is more dangerous than me. He would slit your throat without thinking twice, as long as he could protect his lover. You’re nothing for him. But you can be my everything, Taeyong. Together we could rule this world. Together we could make every creatures, including this filthy vampire over here, our foot. Make the wise decision, Taeyong. Choose me. Leave my father later when he asks you to come to him. If you choose my father, your Ten would die. But if you choose me, I’ll make sure he’s alright.”

“Shut up!” Doyoung hissed angrily to Siwon. “Don’t listen to him!” Doyoung’s gaze on Taeyong was really stern and a bit of scary. “Go, Siwon! Before I crush you to an ash!”

Siwon laughed. “Alright. This is just the rehearsal by the way. It’s not the time yet for him to come. He is just nobody now. See you later, kid. Remember what I said.” After saying those words, the demon was disappears in the thin air.

Taeyong still held his breath. The orange haired vampire now was standing in front of Taeyong.

“Forget what happen tonight.” The vampire’s gaze was very intimidating. His voice was low and dangerous.

“Why?”

“It’s better for all of us.”

“I don’t understand.”

“It’s better like that. Knowing nothing, it would protect you.”

Taeyong shook his head. “No! Please tell me! Who am I? What’s the demon talking about? Who are you? Do you want me to die?”

Doyoung laughed, but the laugh didn’t reach his eyes. “I don’t care if you’re alive or die, Taeyong. I only care about me, and Jaehyun. I will offer you to the demon king, if it could save Jaehyun. The demon king wants you and Jaehyun by his side, as his precious secret weapon. You and Jaehyun possess the same blood, the same power. You both are the weapon. I won’t let the demon king uses Jaehyun anymore. I’ll offer you to the demon king, but it’s not the time yet. Your real power was still asleep inside you. I’ll do anything, everything, just to protect Jaehyun. I never take any side. I can be both. I can be the ally or enemy for you, it depends on you. You better forget all of this. It’s better for everyone.” Doyoung touched the crown of Tayeong’s head. There’s a yellow light coming from the vampire’s palm. And in a blink of eyes, Taeyong lost his consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *********** ~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next morning, Tayeong woke up with a heavy headache. He didn’t open his eyes right away. He got a nightmare, but he didn’t remember it.

He could still feel it though. The fear, the confusion, the betrayal. But, of what? He’s not sure.

Taeyong shook his head. It’s only a nightmare anyway. But, if it’s only the nightmare, why did he feel as if the dream is real?

Taeyong took a deep sigh. He felt so exhausted, strangely, even though all he did since last night was only sleeping. He was scared, of nothing, it’s so confusing!

He felt safe as soon as he sensed Ten’s arm wrapping around his torso protectively.

“Good morning.” Ten greeted Taeyong with a tender smile.

“What time did you come? I’ve been waiting for you last night!” Taeyong snuggled to Ten.

Ten Taeyong’s hair affectionately. Kissing his boyfriend’s head in a long sweet kiss before saying “I’m sorry, Taeyong~ah. It’s just… I met with Sehun on the way. He didn’t know Yuta gave me holiday, so…yeah… we talked. And he showed me something.”

Taeyong hummed, hugging Ten tighter. “I’m mad with Sehun then. For keeping you away from me. Ugh! Today you have to go back to school. Can you just stay here?”

Ten chuckled. “I’ll miss you.” He pecked Taeyong’s lips, then smiled, feeling content.

Taeyong frowned. “Don’t forget to check on your phone later! I’ll keep sending you message every 5 minutes!”

“Really?” Ten smiled, teasing Taeyong.

Taeyong slapped Ten’s back. “I’m serious. You better reply my message as soon as possible!”

Ten giggled giddily. “Alright, hyung.” Ten said cutely.

Taeyong groaned, frustrated. “Yah! Ten! You know very well what the effect you have on me whenever you call me hyung!”

Ten Taeyong’s earlobe slowly, making Taeyong shivering under his touch. “Did I make you hard?”

“Should you ask?” Taeyong knitted his brows in the thin scary line, trying to be angry, but failed miserably when Ten suddenly tickling his armpits, neck, and torso, making him blurted out giggling.

“Stop tickling me, Ten!” Tayeong was panting heavily under Ten, out of breath because of too much laughing. “Just kiss me and pleasuring me. Hurry! You don’t have much time before school.”

“It’s my pleasure, Taeyong hyung.” Ten winked teasingly once again before claiming Taeyong’s lips, stopping Taeyong from groaning again in need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ******** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

At the vampire school in Alaska.

“I smell the xxx from you.” Johnny raised one of his eyebrows, giving Ten a teasing grin.

Ten punched the taller vampire on the arm. “Shut up, fat ! And stop being the innocent vampire by saying xxx!”

Johnny laughing out loud, clutching on his own stomach, tears pooling on the corner of his eyes.

“Idiot!” Ten scoffed.

“Clean yourself, Ten. Your breath is… eeewww… go eat the blood pills now! Before everyone coming and smell your boyfriend’s scent from your mouth.”

Ten stood up, but Johnny held his wrist. “Did your boyfriend’s seeds taste delicious?”

“Ugh! you!”

Johnny only laughing when Ten was running out of the class as still muttering the curse to the taller vampire for teasing him. Luckily, they still had 10 minutes before class started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ********* ~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The blood pills might be making the commoner vampires satisfied, but not the royals.

At first, Ten always wondering why he couldn’t take the blood pills only, like his friends at the school. Why did he was always craving for the real blood? But now he had understood it. He was the descendants of the pureblood vampire after all, even though his real power was still buried deep down inside him, waiting to be awakened.

He was wondering, could he keep stay being like this? Just being Ten. Not the royal Ten.

Yuta said he could. But Sehun said he couldn’t.

Ten had the really big and heavy responsibility on his shoulders, for his family, for his clan. Sehun said, it’s better if Ten had his power fully, so it would be easier for him later, in the battlefield.

Yuta had the different opinion though. He said Ten could choose whatever he wants, not what Sehun wants. But he said, Ten could be getting stronger if he had the full control over his real powers.

Same. Actually Sehun and Yuta’s intention was the same. They only delivered it in a different way. Yuta knew how to touch Ten’s heart. He always did.

It’s just a matter of time before Ten’s real power being awakened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *********** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taeyong kept having the same nightmare every night. The nightmare was blurry. He couldn’t grasp the content, but he could feel it. The fear, the confusion, the anger, the betrayal.

Taeyong kept seeing colors in his dream. White. Black. Orange. Red. Yellow. Sometimes the colors formed a wave, sometimes just a line, and sometimes a heavy smoke. But the feeling was still the same. Taeyong still felt the fear, confusion, anger, and betrayal.

It’s only been 3 days since the last time Taeyong saw Ten, but it already felt like 300 years! Taeyong missed Ten a lot.

Sure, they’re kept sending message, even talking to each other by phone. But it never enough. Taeyong needs Ten here. Taeyong needs Ten to shoo his nightmares away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ********** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

On the 5th day, Taeyong’s constant dream changed. The color had changed. Now he only saw red. Red. And red.

Taeyong saw blood. The sea of blood. And Ten was drowning lifelessly inside it.

At that night, he woke up in the midnight because of the dream. With shaking hands reaching out for his phone, calling Ten. But Ten never answered him.

“Ten… come on… I need you.” Taeyong was whispering. Tears were streaming down to his cheeks. His body was still shaking out of the fear.

Taeyong didn’t give up. He kept calling Ten. But Ten never picked up his phone. Even after Taeyong called him for 100 times.

That night, Taeyong didn’t dare to sleep anymore. He stayed awake until the sun had rise, washing the darkness away. But Taeyong’s heart still filled in with the dark thoughts of Ten.

“I hope nothing bad happen to you, Ten.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *********** ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

On the 6th day, Taeyong’s fear was proved right, after coming from the med school very late at the night. It’s unusual. Taeyong is not the kind of student who diligently spends his time at the library, but today he didn’t have anything to do, so he chose to stay at the library until the library closed, just to kill his times, and to stop himself from thinking something bad happened to his boyfriend.

But his instinct was proved right! Something happened to Ten.

A man - or maybe a vampire – Taeyong thought, was carrying Ten bridal style, knocking on Taeyong’s room window. The man was tall, muscular, and handsome. At the normal time, Taeyong sure he would feel jealous, but not this time. He was freaking out looking at Ten’s condition.

“TEN! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!”

“Hansol, I could walk.” Ten said to the tall man, ignoring Taeyong’s question. But the tall man brought Ten inside of Taeyong’s room, and put him on Taeyong’s bed.

“TEN!” Taeyong could feel his tears were threatening to fall anytime soon.

“Taeyong, don’t worry, I’m alright.” Ten – stupidly – only gave Taeyong a sweet smile.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN WITH FINE?! LOOK AT YOU! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR LEGS?! WHY ARE THERE DRAINED BLOOD STAINED YOUR CLOTHES? IS THAT YOUR BLOOD?”

“Taeyong, I’m alright. Come here…” Ten patted the bed.

Taeyong was still glaring at Ten, but he complied. He sat beside Ten, and Ten hugged him tight before Taeyong opened his mouth again.

“I’m alright.” Ten said it again as rubbed Taeyong’s back softly.

The tall man was still standing near them, looking at Ten worriedly. Taeyong pulled away from Ten’s hug, then looked at the man. “Thank you.” He said. Now, after looking clearer at how handsome the tall man was, Taeyong couldn’t stop himself from being jealous.

The tall man gave him a warm smile. “You’re welcome. At first Ten insisted to come here alone, but Yuta was really worried. So he asked me to carry Ten, since one of my powers is teleportation, I could bring Ten here in a second. I’m Hansol by the way. Yuta’s boyfriend. And Ten’s headmaster.”

“Oh.” Taeyong suddenly felt really dumb. He stood up then bowed 90 degrees. “Thank you for taking care of Ten.” Taeyong said it again, this time in a more polite way, and without the jealousy thing.

Hansol smiled. “No need to feel awkward around me, Taeyong. Alright then, I have to go. Ten, just wait Yuta here. He will bring more herbs for you. I’ll check on you too later. No need to come to school until you’re fully healed.”

Ten nodded. “Alright. Thanks, Hansol.”

Hansol patted Ten’s head before disappeared in the thin air.

“So? What’s exactly happened?” Taeyong crossed his arms. He would keep asking that until Ten spilling something aside of saying I’m alright.

“I was doing the training in the forest with Sehun and Doyoung. It’s the higher level training than the previous one. There’re… creatures…” Ten paused.

Taeyong furrowed his brows. “Okay. What creatures? Demon?”

Ten shook his head. “Dragons.”

Taeyong held his breath. “Dragon is… real? Oh! Forget it! Even the vampire is real!” Taeyong took Ten’s hands on his laps, interlacing their fingers. “So, the dragons made you like this?”

Ten shook his head again. “No. I could… fight the dragons. It’s just… suddenly, out of nowhere… there’re wolves. Werewolves. They’re attacking us. Sehun and Doyoung could handle them, but I… failed. The werewolves bit my legs, but luckily Sehun could kill the werewolves, and then Hansol and Yuta came, save me before the werewolves’s poison spread through my blood.”

Ten took a deep sigh. “I could kill the dragon, but I couldn’t handle the werewolf. Isn’t that funny?”

“No. It’s not funny! It’s scary! Oh, Ten… I’m really thankful you’re alright.” Taeyong pulled Ten closer, enveloped him in a relieved hug.

Ten put his head on Taeyong’s shoulder, humming. “Mmmm.”

“You might turn to a werewolf if Yuta and Hansol came late.”

Ten shook his head as buried his face on the crook of Taeyong’s warm and soft neck, feeling saved, and loved. “No. For a vampire… werewolf’s poison might kill him. Not turn him into a werewolf.”

Taeyong gasped. “Oh, Ten….” Taeyong hugged Ten tighter. He couldn’t imagine if Hansol and Yuta came late to save Ten even for a second! He should’ve treated Hansol better earlier! And he should thank Yuta later when the vampire comes over.

Ten kissed Taeyong’s neck. “Werewolves are… rare. And usually they never attack vampire. They’re just like the trained dogs. Someone must’ve been telling them to attack us.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know. Yuta and Sehun are still trying finding out about it.”

“Please don’t involve yourself in the dangerous training, Ten. You could just practice inside the school.”

“Mmmm.” Ten nodded. “I’d ask Sehun later.”

“Let me meet Sehun! I’d scold him! First, he kept you away of me. Now, he made you like this.”

“It’s not Sehun’s fault. Besides… Sehun is my great grandfather.”

“REALLY? I thought…. I thought.. he’s just your professor…”

Ten giggled, scooted closer to Taeyong, so now he was seated on Taeyong’s laps. “Sehun is cool. Strict, yeah. But maybe he would listen to me after this.”

“That’s good.” Taeyong kissed Ten’s forehead. His warms lips were lingering long in Ten’s skin, making Ten smiled.

“You said another name aside of Sehun. Do- something.”

“Doyoung. He’s Sehun’s and Yuta’s half brother.”

“Doyoung? Why do I feel something strange about that name? But… wait! Yuta is Sehun's brother? IS THAT MEANS… YUTA IS YOUR GREAT GRANDFATHER TOO?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Holy ! I treated Yuta like a friend when he came over here.”

Ten chuckled, Taeyong’s soft cheeks with his fingers as looking at Taeyong’s orbs tenderly. “I even treated Yuta as an enemy for more than a century.”

“Tell me about your life, Ten.”

“It’s… long.” Ten bit his lower lips. And I couldn’t tell you fully, moreover about our prophecy, Taeyong. Ten added those words silently in his head.

Taeyong shrugged. “We have all night long. I’ll skip school tomorrow too. We have a lot of time.”

Ten grinned cheekily. “We have a lot of time, huh? Then… you can kiss me as much as you want.”

Taeyong shook his head. “Tell me your story first, then I’ll kiss you.”

Ten laughed as nudged Taeyong’s arm playfully. “Eeey, look who’s talking! You used to seduce me to kiss you back then.”

Taeyong groaned, ruffling his own hair, making Ten laughed louder. “Alright, alright. One kiss, then one fact about you. Just so you know, I’ll kiss you 1000 times, until your lips turned red and swollen. So, prepare telling me 1000 facts about you.”

“Okay, deal.” Ten beamed. He couldn’t wipe his happy smile away off of his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ********* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

At the same time, different place.

Kris, Luhan, and Kai were snickering when they smell the familiar scent coming nearer to their hide out.

“Oh, so you still remember us, half brother?” Kris said sharply when the orange haired vampire walked closer, showing his face to the trio.

“Did you like our gift? Too bad we lost our pets.” Kai threw the lifeless human to the ground, wiping his chin, cleaning up the blood.

“What’s your plan?” the orange haired vampire gritted his teeth. “Werewolves? So childish!”

“But you liked it though. So you can pretend to become one of them. Pretending protecting our precious Tennie.” Luhan smiled, but his red orbs were piercing through Doyoung’s brown orbs devilishly.

“Tell me your plan, Doyoung. So, we’ll tell you ours.” Kris said, full of confidence.

“There’s no plan.” Doyoung said nonchalantly.

“But you’ve must been having something in mind though. Come on, Dodoyoungie, tell us. Help us securing our position. Like what you’ve done 200 years ago.” Luhan’s smile grew wider, and his gaze grew colder.

“Stop calling me Dodoyoungie!”

“Ooooo…, why? Because Luhan is not your lovely Jaehyun? Because Luhan couldn’t you like Jaehyun?” Kai was laughing hysterically as playing with his next victim. There’re a lot of human at the corner of the cave, being caged, screaming, asking for help.

“Shut your filthy mouth up, Kai!” Doyoung clenched his fists.

“Uuuuu, scary.” Kai turned around to mock Doyoung before turning around again to play with his food.

“You never care of anything but your boyfriend anyway.” Kris said calmly. “You never care of the throne. You never care of our clan. It won’t hurt to help us again.”

“I won’t tell you anything, unless you have something useful in return.”

Kris smirked. “Clever! Don’t worry. We have a lot of plans. We’ll help you protecting your precious boyfriend.”

“What’s the plan?” Doyoung felt a bit relax.

Kris leaned his back on the cave’s wall, still seated on the widest and highest stone inside the cave, as if telling everyone that he was the leader. But Doyoung knew better who’s actually the leader among those 3 brothers. “Kill Siwon. But let him plays with Taeyong and Ten first. That way, you could get Your Highness Yuta’s trust even more. And we…mmm… we can gain the demon king’s sympathy. We will tell Siwon’s plan in betraying the demon king, about Siwon’s plan in keeping Taeyong for his own benefit. We’ll make the demon king our ally. It’s so ing hard gaining his trust!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ********* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N : Sorry for making you wait for this update. :((

Thank you for reading, subscribing, commenting, up-voting, and of course waiting for this story. :))

Maybe you hate Doyoung for now. It's okay. Aren't we all hate Prof.Snape too at first in Harry Potter before finding out his "history" and the "truth"?! LOL. Ooops. Spoiler. XD

I made the one-shot collection. There’re various pairing, and taeten would be included too there. As for now, the 1st story is about yusol, and the 2nd story is about jaeyong. Check it out if you want :)) Click : Unexpected