Chapter 5

Sweet Dangerous Blood

A/N : Started from this chapter, I’ll use 2 POV (Point of View). Sometimes Ten PoV, and sometimes author PoV.

 

 

CHAPTER 5

=========== Ten’s PoV===========

Honestly, I’m not ready to face Yuta. Everything he said about me had washed my doubt of him away, but it didn’t change the fact that he had been hiding the truth from me.

“Ten….” Yuta called me softly as I was just standing in front of the door.

I feel so stupid for hating on Yuta for more than a century. I feel so stupid for doubting him just because of what the demon said. How could I make a conclusion so selfishly – thinking that Yuta would betray me, stab me from behind?!

How could I been so dumb all this time for not realizing his love for me?! How could I never see the way he looks at me?! Nobody ever gave me that kind of gaze before. The kind of gaze I should had received from my parents. Yuta gave me more than that. He was not only thinks of me as his son, but also his best friend.

It still feels surreal to think that Yuta is my great grandfather’s brother, and the pale man who was standing beside him is my great grandfather. I had no idea with what I feel towards him. I never knew him. Yet, strangely my heart could recognize him.

It feels great to have family. It feels great to know someone out there share the same blood with me. And it feels greater to know that your family loves you.

If I could turn back the time, I would take back my harsh words towards Yuta. I would take back all of my hate for him.

It must be hard for him, seeing me hating on him for more than a century. How could he endure all of those pains alone?! I know very well how it feels when your own family resent you.

“You never hurt me, Ten…” Yuta whispered, as his doe eyes glistening with tears. He was still standing across the room, and I was sure he had been reading my mind.

I never good with words. I didn’t know how I should convey this feeling. But I feel grateful towards Yuta, for everything he did for me, for being patience with me, for considering my feeling, for not awakening my true power as the descendant of the pureblood vampire, and for everything he had done for me.

I might be not love him as much as he loves me. But I want him to know, if only I knew these secrets earlier… I would never wasting my time hating him. Yuta deserves all of the good kinds of love in this world.

I could love my father even though he treated me badly. Why? Because he is my family. Then I’m sure, I could love Yuta more than I loved my father.

So, this is how it feels… when your own family loves you unconditionally…

Yuta ran across the room, pulled me into the tight embrace. “I’m sorry, Ten, I should have told you those secrets sooner.”

I nodded as I buried my face on his shoulder. I’m sorry for everything I did and felt for you, Yuta. Thank you… and I love you too. I hugged Yuta tighter.

Yuta let out a soft chuckle and then said. “I love you too, Ten.”

I smiled, had never been feeling grateful like this for Yuta’s power. It makes everything easier. Since I’ve never been good with words, saying that I love him out loud would be too embarrassing. I’m happy he could read my mind.

Yuta pulled away, smiling. “Are you sure?”

What? I looked at him, puzzled.

“You’re happy I could read your mind? All of your minds?” Yuta gave me his usual annoying smile.

We both laughed. Yuta hugged me again, this time patting my back brotherly. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Sehun, my great grandfather, giving me a warm smile, but his gaze looks really sad. I don’t know how to greet him or say to him.

Yuta broke the hug and held my hand, guiding me walking closer to Sehun.

Sehun is really handsome, way more handsome than Yuta.

“Excuse me, I’m more handsome than him!” Yuta turned his head to me and glared, but a small smirk played on his lips.

I furrowed my brows. Sehun is more good looking. Case closed!

Yuta scoffed. He leaved me standing alone in front of Sehun, and in exchange standing next to Hansol and holding on to Hansol’s arm.

Sehun gave me a warm smile again. “You really look like my mother, and you remind me of my wife too.”

I smiled back at him, feeling a bit awkward. Even though my heart recognized him, my brain didn’t.

I still can’t believe the vampire… the man standing in front of me right now is my great grandfather. I couldn’t help but wondering how it would be if right at this moment my grandfather and my mother were also standing here.

Sehun is my great grandfather, but I think I would never love him as much as I love Yuta. Yuta found me and did all of the things Sehun should had done for me.

“Sweetheart, why are you crying again?” Hansol was taken aback when Yuta hugged him and started crying.

I smiled. Yuta is such a crybaby.

“Shut up, Ten! I know you love me.” Yuta managed to mumble in between his happy tears.

Both Sehun and Hansol looked at Yuta and me, feeling really confused.

“I read Ten’s mind.” Yuta told Hansol and Sehun.

“How should I address you?” I asked Sehun politely.

“You should call him Sehun the old man!” Yuta said, making Sehun throw him a sharp glance.

“Just call me Sehun.” Sehun’s voice was hoarse. It’s as if he was trying hard to not cry in front of me.

For awhile, we were just staring into each other eyes without saying anything. I guess we have some similarities.

“Ten, Sehun is wondering if he could hug you. God! You guys are so terrible in saying your feelings!” Yuta’s voice was breaking up the silence.

Both Sehun and I chuckled because what Yuta said is true. I guess I got the gene from Sehun.

I walked closer to Sehun and initiated the hug first. Sehun hugged me back really tight, made my muscle ache, and I’m afraid he could even crush my bones. “I’m sorry…. I’m sorry, Ten…. I’m sorry….” I felt his warm tears on my shoulder as he kept muttering those words.

Sehun and I still had a lot of things to catch up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ************ ~~~~~~~~~~~

 

In the midnight, I slip into Taeyong’s blanket silently. Taeyong had given me his house’s passcode, so I step into his house in a human way, although I could always sneak in by his room window.

Taeyong stirred in his sleep and then fully awake when my arms circling his waist. “Did I wake you up?” I whispered softly.

“I didn’t even sleep. I’ve missed you a lot, Ten. It’s been a week since the last time I saw you. I’m really worried of you. And it didn’t help because the only thing I saw in you the last time is only your sad smile. Did everything okay? Have you sorted out everything?” Taeyong snuggled closer to my chest, curling his fingers on my back, pushed me closer to him.

I inhaled his sweet scent and nodded. “Mmmm.”

I brought my fingers on his face, caressing his soft cheek, staring at his beautiful orbs without saying anything, until I felt his tears on the tip of my fingers. I cupped his small face with both of my palms, brought him closer to me. I kissed him gently, he kissed me back tenderly.

Oh, how I’ve missed this man!

For these past 7 days, I had learnt many things from Yuta, Sehun, and Hansol about our world, trying to figure out an effective way to save our clan, and at the same time finding a way so the demons would never make Taeyong’s power awaken. It’s not easy, because the demon clan had been waiting for the right time to take Tayeong to their world, to prove the truth of the prophecy, to help them regain their glory, to help them rule the world.

I learned a lot about the demon and angel’s world, trying to find a clue if someday what we feared the most come to reality. I believe we would find a way. I swear I will never leave Taeyong. I swear I will always love him even in the worst time. I swear I will always look at him like now even though later he might look at me differently.

Taeyong’s nails clawed on my back when I deepened the kiss. The soft gentle kiss turned into a heated one. I kissed Taeyong senselessly, didn’t intent to holding back myself like what I usually did.

========== End of Ten’s PoV ===========

 

 

========= Author’s PoV ==========

In the deep forest….

Jung Jaehyun sat inside his cave, hiding himself from the moonlight. The moonlight would only weaken his already weak power. Oh, how he wished he could free himself fully from the curse and comeback to become the powerful demon like he had used to be.

“3 more full moons, then I would completely free….” Jaehyun looked up to the sky. It had been more than 200 years he was trapped inside the cave, unable to go anywhere, unable to shift back to his demon state – not that he likes his demon appearance more than his human appearance – he always prefer his human appearance, but his demon appearance gives him more power.

It’s not that long since he finally could go out of the cave and change his appearance to his demon state. But the curse still trailing him, making him couldn’t do any reckless things, or else his father, the demon king – would know his plan.

His nose sniffed the sudden change of the air around him. He stood up abruptly, recognizing this scent too well.

“You should’ve come earlier, Doyoung.” Jaehyun’s eyes were shaking when a man named Doyoung standing in front of his cave.

“And make your father prolong your punishment?”

Jaehyun smiled. Doyoung returned his smile.

They were standing far from each other, giving each other the warm and longing gaze.

“It’s been awhile, Jae…” Doyoung’s smile vanished as quickly as it appears before.

“230 years. Can you believe that? I thought I wouldn’t last a day without you.”

“You did a good job, Jae.” Doyoung’s eyes lit up, and now he smiled again.

Jaehyun gave Doyoung his famous dimples smile. “Did you miss me?”

“What kind of question is that?! I’ve missed you too much, Jae, to the point thinking of breaking the damn curse even though I know I would loose my life. But then I remember what you said 230 years ago….”

“I said my feelings for your would never change. And I told you to wait for me, because I will wait for you too, even though it takes us 1000 years to be together again…”

Doyoung smiled, but his gaze was wavering. “Is it still valid?”

“What kind of question is that?” Jaehyun laughed, giving Doyoung the teasing smile, but tears were flowing through his face. “I wish I could hug you now. Damn! I still have 3 more full moons!”

“You know I always hug you in my heart.”

Jaehyun laughed. “I really miss those cute lines.”

For a minute, they were only staring at each other eyes. There isn’t any perfect word that could describe how much they miss each other.

“Go, Doyoung! When the moonlight disappear… my father could sense your presence here. You know he’s been watching me.”

“I saw you that night, Jae…” Doyoung’s gaze turned into a sad one.

“When?”

“When you sneak out of this cave. Please be careful. What if your father….” Doyoung shook his head. “I can’t even imagine it.”

“It’s my father’s order, Doyoung. He told me to…. kill that boy. Ten. The boy on the prophecy.”

“But you don’t want to do it…”

“How could I kill someone dearest to Taeyong?” Jaehyun shook his head. “I gave him warning, trying to scare him. Father didn’t know about it. I’m trying to find a way so he is aware of the danger. I think to send and hide him away somewhere later before my first brother, Siwon, take over my task to kill Ten, you know my brother’s curse had been lifted up?! Or… maybe I’ll figure out something later. Ten and Tayeong’s safety are my priority. I rather see my clan destroyed than see those two poor boys suffering because of my father. I’ve promised I would protect Myung Soo hyung’s son. And that boy, Ten, he reminds me of Irene – the kindest vampire I’ve ever known – a lot. I will not let anything bad happen to him too.”

“Jae, be careful, please…”

“I know what I’m doing, Do.”

“You always too softhearted, Jae. Even at that time, when you warned me about your father’s plan. Please Jae…, stay away from the trouble! What if this time your father…. kill you?”

“That won’t happen, Doyoung. My father treasures me a lot. Even though he knows I’m dating you, a vampire, his biggest enemy, and even though 230 years ago I betrayed him… he only gave me the curse like this. Don’t worry, Doyoung, I’m similar with my nephew, Lee Taeyong, we’re the important weapons. My father won’t throw me away.”

“I saw your nephew. He looks like you a lot…”

 “He looks like MyungSoo hyung a lot.” Jaehyun smiled. But suddenly his body was shaking. He fell on his knees. Tears flowing on his face.

“Jae…” Doyoung clenched his fist. He really wants to hug Jaehyun right now, but he can’t do it. Once he took a step further from the border, the demon king would know his presence there, and it could harm Jaehyun. “Jae, it’s not your fault. Myung Soo’s death is not your fault…”

Jaehyun shook his head. His claws gripped the soil. Tears still flowing on his flawless face.

“It took a lot of time for Taeyong to reincarnate. But I wish he would never be reincarnated! It’s… as if what Myung Soo hyung had done for him is useless…”

“Jae, we can’t fight the fate. It’s his fate…”

“It’s Sehun’s fault! No…. it’s those princes’s fault!” Jaehyun growled. “Be careful, Do. Your step brothers – those filthy princes who are craving for powers - might stab you from the back, and Sehun might suspect you as the traitor….”

Doyoung shook his head. “Let him be. I know Yuta would trust me.”

“Yuta? Sehun’s brother? Your father’s son from the first wife?”

Doyoung nodded. “Yes. He never showed off himself a lot before, but he is the brain of our group. He is the leader behind the curtain. And he keeps us altogether until now. He never…. treats me differently even though I’m the 4th wife’s son.”

“I think I remember him. He is the one who has the same ability with me. Mind reader…”

“Yes…”

“Can I trust him?”

“You can’t trust anyone but him.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ********~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N : Hi… hi….hi! ^^

I know, I know, this chapter is shorter than the previous chapters. But… this chapter is really important. As you can see, this chapter revealed the important things such as how important Yuta’s role is (Yuta is always important since the prologue! LOL); the development of the new characters, Jaehyun and Doyoung – who have important roles in this story; the revelation of who’s Taeyong for Jaehyun, and what’s exactly Jaehyun’s intention on the previous chapter for suddenly scaring Ten like that (I know maybe some of you hate Jaehyun on the previous chapter. XD)

If you read this story really carefully, then you’ll find out a lot of hidden things / fact, like maybe from the conversations between Jaehyun and Doyoung, or Yuta and Hansol from the previous chapters. XD

Did you have any idea with what’s Jaehyun means when he says “I’m similar with my nephew”?

The fact holds the keys, and maybe the ways.

I know there’re a lot of things that haven’t been revealed yet. Be patience, please…. ^^, and I’m sorry if this story makes you confused. However, I still hope you’re enjoying this story.

See you next time! ^^

Your comments and up-votes make me really happy. Thank you so much! <3

If you like this story, please support by commenting and or up-voting. :)

Oh, right, I’ll be shamelessly promoting my new fic again. YuSol’s fic, “In The Midnight”. If you enjoy the thrill of the fantasy and sci-fi story combined with romance and friendship, then you would enjoy it. It’s not as complicated as this story. :)