Chapter 4

Sweet Dangerous Blood

CHAPTER 4

 

It’s my first time spending the entire night with Taeyong. Usually I would go home in the midnight. But I had to stay for now. I’m afraid the demon would come again, although I had no idea if the demon was coming for Taeyong or for me, its better we’re being together like this in case something bad would happen to Taeyong.

“Please stay here…” Taeyong whispered. Despite the sound of his heartbeat had not showed any fear anymore, his voice was still trembling. Seeing the demon must be traumatized him. The demon is really scary. So much scarier than the scariest ghost Taeyong had ever seen.

 I held Taeyong in my arms, hugging his lean body protectively. He put his head on the crook of my neck. His slender arms hugging my waist tighter. “I’m sleepy…” Taeyong murmured. I could feel his warm breathe on my neck.

I patted his back slowly. “Sleep, Taeyong. I won’t go anywhere.”

“Good night, Ten.” Taeyong whispered, closing his eyes.

“Good night, Tayeong.” I kissed his forehead. It’s weird how Taeyong could trust me easily like this. Never once he ever doubting me, meanwhile I keep doubting myself. I’m not naïve. I still want tasting his blood. But for now, Taeyong’s safety is so much more important, making me couldn’t think of anything else aside of protecting him.

A moment later, I could hear Taeyong snoring softly. His pretty mouth opened slightly, making him looked more adorable. I restrained my urge to kiss his lips. I had sworn at myself, I would never take advantage of him.

I had never feeling blessed to not able to sleep like this before. I used to hate my sleepless nights for the past century. I had missed the feeling of drowning in a deep sleep, freeing myself from the reality. When I was still human, sleeping was one of my ways to escape from this world. But I feel blessed now, since I could stare at Taeyong’s face the entire night.

I didn’t regret it anymore to not able to run away from this world and hiding myself in a dreamland like what I had used to do when I was still human. Because now, Taeyong could always be my home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ************ ~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taeyong woke up at 8 AM. I know I’m supposed to go to school, but I didn’t have a heart to leave Taeyong and let him alone right after he’s waking up.

Taeyong stretched his arms, yawning, and then hugging me from the side. We were still lying on the bed.

“Good morning. You woke up earlier than me.” Taeyong grinned. “Why are you wearing mask and sunglasses?”

“I don’t want making you afraid. It’s my… red eyes and fangs. I’m so ugly right now. And… I didn’t sleep. I can’t.”

“What do you mean you can’t sleep? Does my presence being too much for you? Make you really thirsty? I’m sorry, Ten… I didn’t know I would make you suffering….”

I pinched his fluffy cheek lightly. “It’s not because of you, silly. Vampire can’t sleep. So, I have never been sleeping for more than 100 years.”

“Wow!”

I smiled looking at Taeyong’s cute expression. His deer eyes rounded, full of surprised, and his mouth formed an adorable ‘O’ shaped.

“So you’ve been staring at me last night? Ugh! I didn’t… talking something embarrassing when I was sleeping, right? I didn’t drool, did I?”

I shook my head. “No. You slept peacefully like a baby. And you can trust me. I didn’t do something inappropriate to you.”

“I wish you did something to me.” Taeyong pouted. “Did I not that attractive? When you were looking at me sleeping, did you not feel anything?”

I laughed because of his silliness. I pinned him down on his bed, hovering over him, staring deep into his eyes through my sunglasses. “You had no idea how tempting you’re, Lee Taeyong.” I said with a deep voice.

Taeyong smiled, feeling satisfied with my answer. His long fingers were caressing my mask. “Can you open this annoying mask? I want to kiss you.”

I let out a soft laugh. “Let’s do it later. I have to go to school.” I released my grip from his wrist and stood up from the bed.

“Excuse me, did you just rejecting me?” His eyes glared sharply at me, but I didn’t find it scary. On the contrary, he looks really cute.

“Believe me, you won’t like kissing me when I have my fangs out.”

“I only want an innocent kiss! It’s not like I want to make out with you!” Taeyong was still being sulky, and it made me laugh again.

I gave him a teasing look. “Innocent kiss? I doubt it. You’re so… wild, Taeyong.”

Taeyong’s cheek heated up, and the shade makes him looks prettier.

I bent my knees, whispering to his ear. “But I love it.”

“Ugh! You tease!” Taeyong threw a pillow to my face and then turned away, now his back was facing me.

I sat on the bed, put my palm on his back, drawing circle. “I have to go now, Taeyong. I don’t want Yuta coming here and dragging me out.”

“Who’s Yuta?” Tayeong turned his head. His voice was sharp. I could sense a hint of jealousy.

“My master. The one who had turned me like this.” I swear I didn’t hate Yuta anymore, but I can’t help it. Whenever being reminded of who Yuta is in my life, my sub-conscience always allows me to feel miserable, to feel wronged.

Taeyong put his hand on my arm, it slowly. “I know you hate yourself for becoming like this, Ten. But… if Yuta didn’t turn you like this, I will never meet you. My heart would be empty without you. I know I’m selfish for thinking like this….”

“Ssshhh….” I put my finger on his lips. “I feel the same, Taeyong. Yes, I hate this life, but the best thing in it is the chance to meet you. You’re the most precious ones happened in my life.”

Taeyong’s eyes glistening with tears. He smiled and kissed my finger.

I grinned. “Did you just kiss my finger?”

“Uh-huh.” Taeyong nodded. “Blame you for not letting me kiss your lips.”

I groaned. Seriously, Lee Taeyong always succeeded rubbing on my patience!

I lowered my mask and then kissed his lips slowly. The kiss was gentle and innocent. I was trying hard to not deepen the kiss, afraid if the fangs inside my mouth would hurt Taeyong. But Taeyong demanded more by grabbing my nape and pushed me deeper on his lips. He kissed me hungrily, roughly. I managed to pull away before Taeyong sneaking his tongue on my lips. I can’t let him inside my mouth. Not when I have my fangs.

“See? You’re really wild.” I smirked.

Taeyong laughed. His face was red. “See you tonight, Ten! Let’s continue this later!” Taeyong winked.

I face palmed myself, still had not used to his boldness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *********** ~~~~~~~~~~~

 

At school….

“You look really happy.” Jhonny grinned.

I nodded. “Yeah.”

“Something really good must have happened.”

I nodded again. “I got my first kiss. And it’s kind of… wild. I mean, it’s amazing and such, but…I thought my first kiss would be innocent.” I stopped myself from talking too much.

Jhonny laughed out loud. “! I can’t believe this! You’ve never kissed anyone before?”

I shook my head.

“! What did you do in the past, dude? Seriously! You’ve been living so much longer than me!”

I shrugged. “I never kissed and slept around.”

Jhonny was still laughing. I swear his loud voice is really annoying!

“No wonder Prince Yuta called you saint Ten!”

Yuta didn’t call me saint Ten because of it, fatass!

But I let it off. It would be a lot of work explaining about my food preference to Jhonny.

 “So, he is you boyfriend now?”

“Maybe?”

“Why? Did you not ask him out? Or did he not ask you out?”

“No.”

“Then how could you know he is not playing you? He kissed you! Did he even say he likes you?”

I tried to remember, and then shook my head. “No. But he said he is happy whenever he is with me.”

“Maybe he is happy to take advantage of you!”

“He asked me if I enjoy the kiss.”

“He must be a player then!”

“He said he miss me when I’m not coming over to his place.”

“Maybe he only misses your body?”

“! Shut up, Jhon! What are you implying here?”

Jhonny shrugged. “As your only friend, I’m afraid the dude is only playing you and later breaking your heart. You’re so… innocent, Ten. Tell me who is this guy? How long has he lived? Who is his master? I could use my wide connection to find out about him and maybe his love life too.”

“He is not a vampire! He is human!”

Jhonny’s eyes widened. “REALLY?”

“Mmm. And he knows I’m a vampire.”

“Wow! I thought…. WOW! Is he dumb for kissing a vampire? He is really something! I think there’s only one explanation for this weird and rare case. He really loves you. Maybe he was just shy to say it to you!”

I punched Jhonny’s arm, smiling wide, couldn’t hide my excitement. “Really?”

“Just ask him! And tell him what you feel. Remember that human’s life is really short, Ten. Use your time wisely. I hate saying this, but you don’t have forever with him. Unless you ask your master or any other princes to turn him as one of us.” Jhonny patted my back.

My smile faded away. I never thought of it.

Yes, Taeyong and I are really different. We belong to the different world. I might appear as a human, but I’m not human. I’m a monster!

But, Yuta said… Taeyong is not an ordinary human! My ego was trying to rationalize everything.

Shut up, Ten! Taeyong is not a monster like you!

Even though Taeyong has special powers, I never know how long he would live. He is not an immortal creature! And there’s no way I would ask Yuta to change Taeyong as a vampire! No! It’s too selfish of me if I asked! I rather die than making Tayeong living the horrible life as a vampire!

I pulled my hair frustratingly.

! I realized I don’t have enough time with Taeyong! I better use my time well. What if… once Taeyong’s real power had awakened, his feeling for me would not be the same anymore? What if…

I stood up. “Where are you going? Class would be started in 10 minutes!”

“Home. I need to see Taeyong.”

Jhonny gave me the look. “Did you forget?”

“Forget what?” I snapped at him.

“Prince Yuta would give us the special lecture.”

“I… don’t know.”

Our classmates start coming one by one. They gave me the curious look. Maybe because of my state. Orbs deep red, heavy breath, and sharp fangs coming out between my lips. My mind was wrecked. I kept thinking of what Jhonny said earlier. I couldn’t imagine my life without Taeyong. Damn it!

And the prophecy…

“Ten.” Yuta walked into the class, earlier than the schedule. He looked at me with a worry gaze. I scoffed. I bet he had read my mind again!

Yuta put his hand on my shoulder. “Calm down.” His voice was soothing but still full of authority. I was fighting myself, trying really hard to hide my thought of Taeyong to the back of my head, securing it safely without bringing the matter to my conscious mind. I still haven’t ready to tell Yuta everything yet. Especially of the fact that Taeyong is able to read my past. So I only think of the possibilities of spending my life with Taeyong. Of how Taeyong wouldn’t live as long as I live, of how I should love Taeyong to the fullest in this short given time.

Yuta gave me a sad smile. Seemed like I had succeeded giving him the thoughts of what I want to show him. I had succeeded manipulating him.

 The thought of who Taeyong really is honestly is more crucial, because it could affect his safety. Could I protect him like what the prophecy had said? What if I couldn’t? What if something bad happen to Taeyong?

I didn’t want showing my weakness to Yuta. Let Yuta think that I only worried of my love life with Taeyong as human, not deeper than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ************* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After school, when I was on my way running to Taeyong’s house, someone stopping me by grabbing my arm. He was able to stop me even though I was running using my vampire power means that the man is not a human. I stood on the big stone near the river in the deep forest, still had a long way to reach Seoul.

The man smiling to me, but his purple eyes looked really cold. He was faking his smile!

“Don’t you remember me?” The man asked, still smiling widely, showing off his dimples.

I frowned. Who is he?

His smell is not like a vampire, nor human, nor demon, nor angel, nor fairy, nor dwarf, nor any other creatures I had known. Then the realization hit me. I still hadn’t learnt and met all of the creatures alive on this world!

But the biggest question is… does this man is my ally or my enemy?

“You really have bad memory. Or maybe you’re too weak to recognize me.” The man smirked evilly. A second later, his flawless and handsome figure became bigger, his flesh disappeared, flames burning him, eating him alive, changing him to the scariest creatures I had ever seen, and I realized it’s my 2nd time seeing him. The demon!

The demon’s foul scent made me want to throw up. How could he hide his scent really well when he was in his human’s form?!

Dark power engulfing his being, making him the most dangerous creatures I had ever met. I had never met any demon before, but I could know that this one is really strong. My instinct told me that this demon is not an ordinary demon!

Same with before, he changed his appearance to a handsome man again in a blink of eyes. As he had completely in his human form, his disgusting scent became bearable. Sweet if I could say. But not too sweet to lure me in to his trap.

The demon man was laughing with the kind of laugh that could make human terrified. “Now you recognize who I am….”

“Who are you? What do you want?” I clenched my fist and glaring at him bravely. I’m not afraid of him. I’m just afraid he would hurt my precious one.

“Jaehyun. The 3rd demon prince.” The demon leaned his face closer to me, whispering. “Lee Taeyong is your precious one, eh?”

I widened my eyes. No! Please don’t hurt Taeyong!

“I will not hurt him.” The demon said it as if he could read my mind. Don’t tell me…

The demon nodded. “Yes. I could read your mind, Ten.” He smirked again evilly. “I will never hurt Taeyong. How could I hurt my own flesh?”

“What do you mean?”

The demon’s purple orbs changed to the red one. “Enjoy your remaining time with my nephew before I come again to kill you.” His deep voice sent shiver down to my spine. I believe he could crush me to the dust without even trying too hard. Right at this second, I realized how many lies Yuta had told to me all these times. He said vampire couldn’t die except in the hand of his master. He lied. Yes, I can’t kill myself, but I still could die in the hand of our enemies. Other creatures who are stronger than me.

I froze, realizing something a bit late. What did this demon mean? Nephew? Taeyong?

“I want to kill you right now, but I can’t. I could make you suffering now, yes. But I couldn’t be happier than killing you… making you disappear forever. You’re the threat for my clan’s glory.” The demon’s cold fingers were touching my neck, as if ready to choke me to death.

“You’re lucky tonight. The curse is still trailing me. I have 3 more full moons left before freeing myself completely from the curse. Use your time wisely. It’s not everyday I’m being nice like this.”

The demon tilted his head. “Watch your back. It’s not me who will stab you from behind. I always kill my enemies from the front, giving them a chance to fight me, although it’s useless.”

The demon smirked. “But your people might stab you from the back without you even realize what’s exactly your role is in the prophecy. You’ve been fooled many times. I pity you.”

The demon vanished in the thin air, leaving me alone in the middle of the forest, feeling confused and scared than ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ********* ~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I was drenched in the rain from head to toes, knocking on Taeyong’s door softly. Too weak to even jump and enter his room's balcony.

“Oh my God, Ten!” Taeyong screamed after opening the door. “I’m sorry, I’ll make the rain stop! I thought you won’t coming! It’s already past midnight, my mood is really bad, I’ve missed you, and…” Tayeong stopped talking when I put my head on his shoulder. I felt like my energy was out. I couldn’t think clearly. I didn’t want thinking anything!

“T-Ten…” Taeyong wrapped his arms around me, envelop me in a warm hug. “Why are you crying? What happen?”

I don’t want showing him my weak side, but I can’t bear it anymore.

I couldn’t erase what the demon said earlier from my mind. I’m not afraid of the death, I’m just afraid of the reality awaits me.

“Ten… whatever happened to you today, it’s okay. I’m always here for you. Please don’t cry…, it makes me hurt seeing you crying like this.”

What Taeyong said only makes me cry harder. This is the second time I cry in my life as a vampire. The 1st time was when my parents dead.

Taeyong hugged me tighter, patting my back affectionately. I still buried my face on his shoulder, staining his black shirt with my tears.

At this moment, I wish Taeyong and I was only an ordinary human.

How could someone as kind hearted as Taeyong being related with the demon?

How could the demon makes me doubting Yuta?

What if I couldn’t be here anymore to protect Taeyong?

What if Taeyong suffering because of the demons, despite him being related with the clan, I still hadn’t known what’s exactly his relationship with the clan. If he is the demon’s nephew, then why does he have been living as human?

What’s exactly my role in this world?

What would happen to Taeyong once I’m gone?

Is there any way to fight the demon prince and save Taeyong at the same time, hiding him from the demon clan?

What if what everything Yuta and Hansol had told me are just lies?

Damn it! Why our life is so complicated like this?!

I wish Taeyong and I were only the two human who fall in love at the right time and at the right place.

I won’t ask for “forever”. It never exists anyway.

I will only ask to God…. ‘Please let Taeyong live happily.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *******~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I walked at the school corridor lifelessly. It’s noon. School is empty. Other students were staying at the dorm, except some students councils.

I need to find out something. I need to find the truth.

I didn’t know why or how my instinct told me to come here today at noon, I just knew. I knew something would happen.

I walked to the South tower, where’s Hansol’s room located. I know the prophecy wouldn’t be there, but I hope there would be some clues about it. Hansol is a neat and organize man. I’m sure he has some notes about everything that’s important to the school and the vampire world.

I heard some harsh whispers coming from Hansol’s room. It sounds like Yuta’s voice, and… someone else.

I was trying hard to block my mind, so Yuta wouldn’t be able to read it, and so I could eavesdropped his conversation with whoever it is talking with him right now.

“We’re almost winning the war back then but you betrayed us, Sehun!” Yuta screamed.

“I have no choice! I can’t risk my wife’s life!”

“But you lost her! In the end you lost Irene!”

“It’s because someone told her about the damn prophecy!”

“Are you suspecting me?”

“I know it’s not you, Yuta. But the traitor is someone close to you. Not everyone knows about the prophecy except the princes, and maybe the princes lovers.”

Yuta scoffed. “So you’re suspecting me, Doyoung, Taeil, and… Hansol?! YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS SUSPECTING HANSOL! What about our step brothers? Maybe it’s the ing Kai or Chanyeol or Kris or Luhan! You’ve always been having a soft spot for Luhan! Did you forget what he had done to our mother?! I’m your biological brother, Sehun! Yet you chose them!”

“Yu…” I heard Hansol’s voice. “Sehun has every right to suspect me.”

“No, he doesn’t! He is the traitor! He is even scarier than the traitor!”

“Yuta…” the stranger’s voice was weak and tired. “I’ve been living in a sorrow, paying my sin for betraying you. I lost my wife… I lost my son…”

Yuta snorted. “Stop pretending! You’re just a coward, Sehun! I’m ashamed to share the same blood with you! Did you even know why Irene killed herself? It’s to protect your son! Because you’re too coward to protect them!”

“Stop! STOP IT!”

“Irene is really brave, not like you!”

“I LOST HER AND MY SON! I WANT TO DIE BUT I CAN’T! I HAD TO FIND MY SON! 230 YEARS I’VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR HIM BUT I DON’T KNOW WHERE HE IS! YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT FEELS, YUTA! STOP BLAMING ME!”

Yuta laughed the fake laugh. “Trying to find your son? Really? How? You only stay in your cave, mourning your wife’s death! You never care of your son! Or me! Or our family, even more our clan!”

“You know what, Sehun? Your son had died. He was dead as human. I never able to find him, to awakened his power. But he had a daughter. Sadly, the prophecy said it’s a boy who can save our clan from the demon’s power and greediness. So I let her live as human, never tell her anything about who she really is.”

 “Then she gave birth to a boy. At that time I thought… aaah, here he is. He is the one who could save all of us from the misery. But you know what? His face resembles our mother a lot, especially his eyes. Whenever I look at his eyes… I miss mom even more. He looks really pretty too, like our mom. I didn’t have a heart to tell him who he is. I don’t want him living in this dark world. So I let him live as human. with the prophecy! Let our world reaching the end! I don’t care! I just don’t want him living in this ugly world and suffering.”

“But he was suffering more as human. You had to see how his father treating him. He was treated like an animal! I wanted to kill his father so bad, but I didn’t do it. Why? Because I read his pure mind. He loves his father… despite the bad treat given to him. So, it’s not only his appearance that resembles our mom a lot. It makes me love him even more.” Yuta was sobbing hard.

“It really breaks my heart whenever I saw him cries. He had been trying to kill himself, until one day I found him lying on the ground, almost dying. I had no choice but turned him into a vampire. I still had not awakened his real power yet. He didn’t know that he has the power of the pureblood vampire, the royal. He didn’t know that he is your great grandchild, Sehun.”

“He hates how I feed. He hates seeing me killing human. It makes me keep the secret from him. How could I turn him to become the disgusting beast like me if it would only makes him hates himself even more?!”

“I’ve been keeping a lot of secrets from him. I know he’s been doubting me, hating me. But I want him to know… that I love him. I always am.”

“I never told him that his life is in danger. He believes that the one in the danger is only Taeyong. He never knows he is in the bigger danger. Yes, he could save us, but the price is huge.”

“You… you never told him about the real prophecy?” The vampire named Sehun asked weakly. Tears flowing on his handsome face.

Yuta shook his head. “He never knows that he should give his life to protect us.”

“You’re cruel, Yuta! How could you…” Sehun pulled out his own hair. Depressed.

“At least he is happy. He loves the enemy. He loves the boy who is supposed to rule the demon clan and the underworld and giving back their reign. I let him be. I believe in the magic, Sehun. Maybe he could save us all without giving up his life. Maybe if the enemy loves him too… there’s another way to save us, and so he shouldn’t die.”

“I hold on to the fact that the boy, Lee Taeyong, possess the angel’s blood too. It makes me believe… a miracle might happen. I believe Ten would find a way.”

“Ten. My great grandchild’s name is Ten? It sounds beautiful on my tongue.” Sehun smiled, but his eyes were full of sorrow. “But… you’re crazy, Yuta! You don’t know anything about love. If my great grandchild loves that demon and angel’s descendant… he will offer his own life willingly.”

Yuta shook his head. “No. Taeyong won’t let him do that. And I’ll try everything so Taeyong’s real power will never be awakened. I believe in Ten… and Taeyong.”

 “Taeyong might be our enemy, but I never hate him. He is just a victim. He never chose to be born like that, as a tool, as a weapon for his clan. And don’t forget about the angel clan, Sehun. We still have a hope.”

“Do you think the angel king would accept the boy to his family? He is a taint in the angel clan! I hate the angel clan, Yuta! They act as if they’re pure, as if they never did any mistake. They think highly of themselves. They believe that they’re not a sinner like us.”

“The world had changed, Sehun. Let’s not too attached to the prophecy. We could always find our own way. I want Ten and Taeyong be happy. I want our clan saved from the danger.”

“Your dreams are too high, Yuta. How could we reach it? We need an angel’s help too. Do you think those arrogant brats are willing to help us?!”

Yuta smiled. “Hansol could help us. Have I told you that… Hansol is actually an angel?”

“W-what? But…”

Yuta nodded. “Vampire? Yes. It’s my mistake. I never knew my venoms could infect him too. But….still… he is an angel. He has the angel’s blood and power in his veins. And he is the royal.”

Hansol smiled, rubbing Yuta’s arm tenderly, and then looking at Sehun. “I don’t blame you for hating my clan, Sehun. I hate them too, moreover my family. But we need them if we want to keep this world’s peace.”

“Sehun, are you ready to meet your great grandson? He is here. He has the habit of eavesdropping my conversations with Hansol. I’m only pretending to not notice his presence. Ten, come out! I know you’ve been hiding there.”

~~~~~~~~ ****** ~~~~~~~

 

A/N : Your comments and up-votes on the previous chapter gave me the courage and motivation to continue this story. Thank you so much. ^^. Please give this chapter a lot of love as well. :)

 

P.S. For YuSol shipper, you can read my new story “In The Midnight”.

And for JaeYong shipper, you can read my new story “Artificial Love”.