Chapter 1

Sweet Dangerous Blood

 

CHAPTER 1

 

I remember clearly, those miserable days when I was still a human. I’m not saying that my new life as a vampire is less miserable. No! But so many things in my life are different now. I’m miserable in different ways than before.

My never ending thirst for human blood is the price I have to pay for as long as my existence in this universe. And it’s not the only one. I often question my existence on this earth. There’s no heaven and hell for vampire. We don’t have a final place to rest once we vanished from this world. Or maybe we’ll go straight to the hell? The hell which is scarier than the hell for human!

I even doubt whether I have a soul or not. I’m just a monster after all! I’m a predator. I’m always craving for killing human, to their blood until the last drop, satisfying my thirst and desire to destroy them.

For a century, I’ve been trying to control myself, to not kill human, to only hunt human when I don’t have any choice, when I have reached my limit. 50 years ago, I had tried living by only feed on animal’s blood, living alone deep in the forest. I could bear it for 3 months, but it’s not a really good choice, because I became more savage and dangerous. Once I smell human blood, I’ll kill them all without thinking anything, reminding me of my first 10 years living as a new vampire.

So, I decided to still feed on human, without killing them. I never feed on any human, only bad human. How could I know which human is bad? I see their future. Reading human’s future is not a good experience for me. I had been despising my strange power even until now. It makes me mad whenever I read on someone’s future and what I see is the horrible things, such as how trashy and evil that human would be in the future! I had to control my anger really hard back then, when I read on a human’s future and what I saw was just him being the and the serial killer in the next 3 years! I want to kill him right at that moment! But if I did, then I would become worse than him. Plus, Yuta had warned me to not mend on human’s business. I can’t change human’s future! Once I involve myself too deep, everything would change, and it could become worse than it should be. So I’ve learned to stay chill, to not involve my feelings. I shouldn’t pity human.

“They’re your food! Don’t think! Just drink! Maybe it’s because you’re only 100 years, so you still have your human’s heart? Think of human as… food, as… what your favorite food when you were still human? Fried chicken? Yeah! Now think of human as fried chicken!”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course! I can’t read fried chicken’s future!”

Yuta slapped my back. “Come on, saint Ten! You’ve been too kind by only feeding on bad human. No need to become a hero for them too! The vampire hero? That would be the joke of the universe!”

Saint Ten. That’s what Yuta think of me. I’m hardly a saint. I had killed too many human, especially back then when I was still a newborn.

I’m not a saint, but you could say… I have control over my thirst, as long as I’m not starving myself for too long, as long as I regularly feed on human’s blood and not only animal’s blood, then I would never kill any human.

So, blood is not the highest price I have to pay in this new life as a vampire, since finally I could control it. Eternity. That’s the highest price! I will never be able to control it, unless Yuta kill me and make me vanish from this world.

When I mean eternity, that’s mean eternity in everything! Including the pain, loneliness, sadness, hatred. Those negative feelings will always haunting me for forever. I will forever remember those pains, the pain given to me when I was still human. It’s like an un-cure able scar.

I remember vividly, as if those scenes are happening right in front of my eyes, how people despised me, making fun of me, treating me as if I was worse than a trash. I remember how my classmate blindfolded me, and covering my head with a trash bin full of trashes and so I couldn’t see their eyes, so I couldn’t see their future. Bad future. Strangely, I always saw their bad future. I rarely got a sight of a good one, that’s why everyone hates me. They thought my warning was just an empty word, and they accused me for making their life more miserable than what I saw on my sight.

I had learnt to not stare at people. At that time, I thought everything would be okay as long as I didn’t stare at other people’s eyes directly, but I was wrong, I still could read their bad future, by the touch.

I started ignoring my sight since then, didn’t care with people’s bad future, didn’t try warning or telling them anything about it. But people still treated me badly, simply because they hate my presence.

Nobody wants near me, they treated at me as if I’m dirtier and scarier than the most dangerous and infectious disease. In my era, people scared of the witch, they believe in witch, spirit, and dark magic more than people in this modern era. Having a power like me considered as the freak, the descendants of the evil witch, the bad luck, the shame of the family. They hate me more because I’m an illegitimate son. I’m the taint of my honorable family.

If the treat given by people around me broke my self-esteem, self-worth, then my parent’s treat broke my entire world.

Since I was born, I had been just a mistake. My biological mother hates me for ruining her youth, her life. My step mother hates me for coming to the family. My father hates me for ruining his career and honor.

“I would never let you live here if only your mother didn’t kill herself in front of me!”

“! Stop showing off to people that you’re weird! People in the town think you’re cursed!”

“What the you were telling to my general?! In your sight you saw he would become a disgrace to our nation and that he would receive the death punishment? Are you insane?!”

“YOU SHOULDN’T BE BORN! YOU SON OF !”

“KILL YOURSELF! KILL YOURSELF LIKE WHAT YOUR MOTHER DID! STOP BEING A BLACK SHEEP IN MY FAMILY!”

Those hurtful words always been followed by the slap on my face, the kick on my legs and rib cages, sometimes even on all over my body. I also experienced how it feels being chained for more than a week without a proper meal. I was treated worse than a horse.

“Dad! I swear now I could see the good future too! I could see you become the general!”

“SHUT THE UP, YOU MONSTER! HOW COULD I BECOME THE GENERAL WHEN I HAD BEEN FIRED?! THIS IS BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR BIG MOUTH! I’VE TOLD YOU TO STOP TELLING PEOPLE ABOUT YOUR TY POWER!”

I close my eyes. Those memories are as clear as if it was happen a minute ago, meanwhile in the fact it was happen almost a century ago.

I saw how my father became the general, leading the army, winning the wars, became the hero. I saw how my step mother became the most powerful woman in the era. My parent’s life became better once I dead.

I saw how my parents grew old, living their life happily, as if I was never exists before in their life.

“Why didn’t you take revenge?”

“For what?”

Yuta shrugged. “Everything.”

“It’s not their fault. It’s simply because I was born. Look at them, they live happily without me. I should never been born in the first place!”

I never hate my parents. I just hate the feeling they given to me.

They had been living without knowing anything about me, of me faking my own death, of me being a vampire. Once I thought to show up myself in front of them, to telling them that I had forgiven them, and then asking for their forgiveness too, for being born. But I didn’t do it. They would have heart attack if they saw me. They grew older, as grandma and grandpa, meanwhile I was still on my 18. They would just think I’m the ghost, trying to haunting them. Its better they don’t know anything about my new life.

I had been there, watching from afar, when they lay inside their coffin, passed away because of the car accident. I was crying back then. I thought vampire couldn’t cry, but I did. My heart was really hurt, although I doubt if I still have the heart. Or maybe it was hurt because of my human memories of them?

I had been watching my step brother and sisters grew old, having children, then dead. Honestly, those human natures made me envy. I was trapped in this perfect body, flawless skin, forever youth, but I will always be like this for I don’t know how long. I couldn’t die, no matter how many times I had tried to kill myself, I always lived again. I have no goals. I have no “final place” to rest like human.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ************ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I’m 110 years old now, as a vampire. Today is my birthday. Or I could say my death anniversary as human.

“I still think my decision to turn you as a vampire is the right choice.” Yuta showed up suddenly from behind of me, grinning widely, slapping my back hardly. “Happy birthday, son!”

I rolled my eyes, still think it’s weird whenever he calls me son. Yes, he is my master, he is the one who turned me to become a monster, and he is the one who can kill me but never wants to because he said he loves me too much. Damn! I even kissed his boyfriend, the love of his life, Ji Hansol, forcefully 70 years ago so he would hate me and kill me, but he just forgave me easily. I had tried many ways to make Yuta hate me, so Yuta could kill me, but I always fail.

“Tsk! It’s boring hunting at this place!” Yuta pouted. Who could guess this blonde vampire had been living for more than 1000 years?! He always acts childish!

I scoffed. “Then go away! Stop following me!”

Yuta smirked. “Police station is not a good place to hunt, Ten. Try coming to the clubs!”

I rolled my eyes again. “And let those human grinding on me?!”

Yuta laughed out loud. “Oh My Gosh! It’s not their fault! You’re too attractive, Ten. Even for vampire.”

“What do you mean? I’m not that attractive!”

Yuta squeezed my shoulder. “Human thinks vampires are attractive. That’s our weapon to lure them to come to us. But we can control it, our attractiveness I mean, and I know you always show off your devilish aura everytime you’re around human, so they would sense danger. Yes, they sense it. Yes, they’re afraid of you. But for us… you’re still attractive as hell! If only Hansol is not my soul mate, I’m sure I would fall for you. You have the rare beauty, Ten. Like… the mixed of fairy and vampire. You’re even more beautiful than the most beautiful fairies!”

I snorted. “Stop talking crap, Yuta!”

Yuta chuckled. “I’m serious! Aaah, I want my son falling in love with a decent vampire.”

“That would never happen! And you better find the new boyfriend! Hansol had left you!”

Yuta shrugged. “He has…reasons. Aaah, I’m hungry. I better hunt at other places! Bye, Ten!”

In a blink of eyes, Yuta had out of my sight. I know it’s useless telling him to forget his ex, Hansol. I could see his future. In my sight… Yuta will always chasing after Hansol. But I still said it to him. I hope his future can change. Yes, the future can change depends on the choices taken. It could be better, or worse. I can’t interfere it, I only can read it, see it, depends on the person’s perspective at that moment. Once the person’s perspective and heart had changed, then my sight of his/her future would change too.

I had always been hates Yuta for a century, maybe I still hate him too now, but it’s different. Now I just hate him because he still wants me alive, meanwhile I hate my life, and I ing hate myself! I’m just a disgusting monster!

Before knowing the truth, I hate Yuta because he always killed his preys. I thought he never trying to control his thirst. But later I found out… he have to. If he feeds on human without killing the human, then the human would turn to a vampire. So he has no choice except the human’s blood until the human die.

Yuta is different from me and other vampires. He is one of the princes. He is the royal.

I can’t turn human to become a vampire. But Yuta…. even though he only scratch human’s skin using his nails and spit on the wounds without even drinking the blood… the human could be infected. Yuta’s body is full of vampire venoms, the active one, meanwhile me and the rest commoner vampires just possess the passive venoms.

Yuta is loud. He really talkative! He talks about everything, even unimportant things. Yeah, actually I think everything he says is not important! But he never reveals his past, except for telling me that he is a vampire prince.

I never know why Yuta lives outside of the vampire castle. Why he lives with the commoners meanwhile he could live luxuriously with other princes, no need to hunt by himself, he could just sit comfortably, rules the vampire clan, watching us, making sure our existence stays as a secret to human.

I don’t know anything about vampire princes and vampire worlds except for what Yuta had been told me. I don’t know whether Yuta was born as a vampire, or he was once a human like the rest of us? Or why his venom could turn human to vampire. Why only the princes who have the ability? Is it run on their blood? Since when? And how?

There’re too many questions in my head, but I never have put any effort to find out the answers. I simply don’t care. It doesn’t matter that much to me.

But, actually, there is this one biggest question I didn’t dare to say it out loud. Only my master could kill me. Yuta is my master. And Yuta is the prince. Is that means other princes could kill me too?

Yuta can read my minds. I’m sure he reads those questions too.

There’re only two possibilities: Yuta thinks my question is nonsense so he never brought it up, or Yuta have a secret he doesn’t want to share with me.

A century ago, I didn’t know that Yuta is a prince, and there are other princes too out there. Maybe I should start searching where the other vampire princes staying? Where is the vampire castle located? You know, as the back up plan. I know I always been suicidal. And I hate myself more for this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ *********** ~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

One night, Yuta came over to my place. I never stay at the same place for too long, and I never stay too near with human. Sometimes I live at a forest, a cave, a valley, an unused warehouse, anywhere as long as there isn’t human in my radius.

Yuta always manage to find me. I don’t get it how could he know. Maybe the prince has a sense to find their slave’s location like a GPS? Oh yeah, I know about the GPS. I know modern human things. I know human these days are into social media like twitter, instagram, path, and so on. Don’t underestimate me! I might be not born in this era, but I have more knowledge than the cleverest humans in this era combined.

If you can’t sleep for more than a century, then the things you can do is just studying. Studying human, studying this world. Or maybe that’s just me. I don’t know with other vampires. What other vampires do to kill their times? Because when you have forever but without any goals, then your life would becomes really boring. Once again, maybe that’s just me.

Who knows? Maybe other vampires never think like that? Maybe they just live to fulfill their thirst on human blood?

“What are you doing, Ten?” Yuta walked closer to me, took a quick glance at me before lying down on the grass.

Writing. I answered him in my mind. I have no mood to talk.

“Writing human’s future again?”

Yes.

I have this strange habit (Yuta said it’s strange) writing about human’s future, mostly of human who had become my meals.

I don’t have anything to do though, so writing is not a big deal. I write a lot. Not only my prey’s future, but also about what happen in this world. I could publish the most complete and trustworthy world history books if I want.

“Ten, let’s come to the prom tomorrow night.” Yuta suddenly blurted out nonsense.

“What?” I scoffed. “You know that’s not my thing, Yuta. You might be enjoying human’s parties, drinking and dancing like what human do, but I’m not! That’s totally useless!”

Yuta chuckled. “Come on! Just come this once! A pretty human girl had given the invitation card to me.”

I rolled my eyes. “Then you should come, be her date.”

Yuta shook his head. “She’s dead. I came into her house right after she was killing her friend, just because they’re fighting over the same boy! Her thoughts … it’s one of the scariest thoughts I’ve ever seen. She has no remorse, no guilt even for a little bit. Human is really scary.”

You’re scarier, Yuta!

Yuta laughed loudly. I know he read my minds.

“You maybe will find your prey there, Ten. Read their future, find out who would become the villain, then drink their blood. Hey! I still don’t understand how you’re able to control your wild instinct when you’re human’s blood?! Stopping yourself for drinking too much.”

“I’m a strong-willed man, not like you!”

Yuta laughed louder. It’s like an inside joke for us. I know very well how Yuta really wished to be me. How he hopes he could drink human’s blood without killing them. Sadly he can’t. He is the prince afterall.

Yuta told me, it’s really rare to find a vampire who value human as much as I do. Even Hansol, whom he considered as the “kindest” vampire in this universe, never trying as hard as I do.

~~~~~~~~ ******* ~~~~~~~~~

 

The next night, I’m coming to the prom. Simply because I hate listening to Yuta’s voice all day long! He keeps nagging me to come, leaving me no choice.

I’m wearing a nice white suit. Yes! Yuta had prepared the suit for me! He said it’s one of his collections. I know Yuta is a fashion freak. His mansion is full of expensive clothes from the famous brands all around the world.

This high school prom is really extravagant. I would believe if people told me actually this prom is a party for idols instead of for high schoolers!

I sensed a pair of eyes been staring at me since I took a step inside this ballroom’s hotel. I walked slowly, confidently, trying hard to suppress my “charm” as a vampire, in exchange just showing off the dangerous vibe, telling those human to not dare approaching me.

I’m not too thirsty tonight, so I will not searching for any bad human here. I just come here because of Yuta! So, I will just walking around for maybe a minute, then step out of here.

I held my breath. This room is too packed. Human everywhere. Dancing, laughing, talking, singing. Damn! Those scents make me dizzy…. and thirsty, even though I’m not that thirsty. Just imagine you walk in to the bakery with a really nice smell of fresh baked bread, cake, chocolate, and coffee. Even though you’re not that hungry, you’ll droll, and wish to have a taste of it a little bit.

I took the orange juice, touching the waitress’s hand briefly in the process. His future is good. He is a nice man. I walked away, still holding the glass. I could eat and drink human’s food, but for the vampire… the taste is really horrible! I prefer to not eat and drink anything! Yuta is really different though. He enjoys drinking wine so much. Talking about the devil, his scent had faded away. That’s mean he is not watching me anymore. I sighed. Good. Now I can go home.

But I still sense the intense gaze. I know someone been watching me all along. I turned my head instinctively and finally caught the one who had been staring at me, but the brunette boy just looked away, pretending to not looking at me anymore.

I walked closer to him. He was standing alone across the room. I want to know why my dark and dangerous aura seems didn’t affecting him. Other human didn’t dare to look at me. But I stopped in an instance once I could smell his blood scent clearer. ! He makes me really thirsty! His scent…what could I say? It’s the most alluring, the sweetest, the most delicious scent I’ve ever smelt. Damn! How could I know it’s delicious? I had no idea. I just know his smell is really good. He makes me drolling.

He looked anywhere but me. Maybe now he senses the danger? I still stood up far enough from him.

But a second later, the brunette looked up, now looking at me again. His gaze was really sharp and strong. I was taken aback, he was… blank. I can’t read and see anything! I can’t read any future of him! It looks like I was just staring at the blank sheet.

The brunette blinking his eyes several times, maybe confused with my shock expression.

He was… breathtaking. The most handsome man I’ve ever seen. His beauty looks ethereal, as if he was just landing on this earth, coming from the heaven.

Okay, now I’m talking gibberish! What happen to me? It’s like I’ve finally found… okay, Ten, forget it! You don’t have heart and soul! How could you think of that stupid thing?! I scolded myself in my head.

But still… it’s really strange. When I’m looking straight into his bright caramel orbs… then suddenly as if I know why I was born. Every single weird and unbelievable things happened to me now seems make sense.

He pulls me in, as if trapping me, locking me tightly between those strong arms full of visible veins. I couldn’t tear my gaze away of him. It seems like I rotate around him. He is the warm sun of my cold world.

His strong gaze is burning me inside. I never knew vampire could full of desire, aside of the desire of drinking human’s blood.

The brunette boy makes me dizzy. Everything in him makes me dizzy.

He is like my personal drugs. I want him badly right at this moment.

For the first time in my vampire life, I really want to a human’s blood until the last drop, consciously.

I want to kiss him and kill him at the same time.

I closed my eyes. Those thoughts make me sick of myself.

I didn’t dare to open my eyes, afraid if anyone sees my red orbs. My eyes color change whenever I’m angry and really thirsty in the night. Meanwhile during the day, it would always stay as red. That’s why vampires rarely walk around in the daylight. Not because afraid the sun would burn us to death, but simply because we can’t hide our red eyes and our fangs. It comes out naturally.

I breathed in and breathed out, trying to control my breath. ! I could smell the boy’s sweet scent clearer! I know he was walking closer to me, step by step, torturing me with his irresistible scent.

“Lee Taeyong!” Someone calling the brunette boy, making him stopped walking and turned around.

This is my chance. I ran fast, out of the ballroom. Once I had reached outside of the hotel building, I ran faster using my vampire power.

~~ TBC ~~

 

A/N : Hello! ^^ Thank you for reading, giving me comments, and up-voting. <3 <3 <3 Although I’m busy with college, when I read your comments and see some of you up-voted this story, it makes me want to finish the first chapter soon. So, I finished this, finally, although this is weekend. I rarely write on weekend. I usually write in the night, on weekdays. Weekend is the time for hang out! Hahaha.

For those who curious, honestly I still haven’t decided if Taeyong is the top or the bottom in this story. I like both. I think the switch would make him ier. LOL

Please let me know what you think of the first chapter. Thank you ^^