Chapter 1.6

The Choices We Make
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

(Bogum)

 Bzzzz bzzz.

Bogum turned in his sleep.

Bzzz bzzzz bzzz

Bogum's eyes fluttered open, in the dark he reached around the bed for his phone. It was 3:00 am. Someone was messaging him, squinting he typed in his password. 100 unread messages. 

Unknown

Oppa ❤  (10:00 pm)

Where are you? I didn't see you come home. (10:01 pm)

Bogum's heart skipped a beat. He scrolled down

You aren't in your room are you? Your light hasn't been on this whole time (10:15 pm)

Are you awake? Have you slept yet? (10:16 pm)

Why aren't you answering? (10:17 pm)

He scrolled through the rest of them as they got more creepy and menacing.

Oppa the world's a scary place but don't worry I will never let go of your hand (1:30 am)

You can always rely on me (1:31 am)

Trying to play hard to get? I see 😈 (1:32 am)

No matter how many times you push me away I will always come back to you because I know we are Destined to be together.    (1:33 am)

And finally

I can't sleep. thinking of you (3:00 am)

Throughly spooked Bogum sat up. He was in Jisoo's room on Jisoo's bed. The light was off so he reached towards Jisoo's desk lamp and turned it on. There on the desk was a plate with sandwiches covered in cling film with a bottle of water. He got up and took the plate carefully avoiding Jisoo who was sleeping on the floor.

Bogum was starving gratefully he ate the sandwiches in record time and felt content. He was full and he was feeling a bit groggy but in a good way, after all he had slept for more than 7 hours. Since he had not slept properly in days this was like a miracle, all due to the dilemma he was facing.

Someone was stalking him. He had tried everything, changing his schedule, using different routes, he had even gone as far as changing his number but to no avail. The person knew where he lived and had somehow managed to get his new number. 

A new feeling had overcome him, one he never knew he could feel. Vulnerability. He was feeling unsafe in his own comfort zones, the thought that someone was following him made him question his life. 

Who is it? Why are they doing it to me? Is it a prank? What is their goal? Is there even a goal? Do I know them? Did I lead someone on? Thoughts like these swarmed him all the time and robbed his precious sleep from him. At times he was mad, at times he was sad but mostly he was frightened. From the way it seemed you would think this was a recent event but actually he had been worried for a long time. 

The problem was that all of a sudden whoever it was had begun taking a very active 1 way correspondence with him. Listing his schedule to him, asking about friends and exes and the worst detailing the life they wanted to lead with him. It was the ravings of a lunatic. 

Bogum slumped back down on the bed, and tried to think of other things. He was glad they had school off tomorrow, he could just stay At Jisoo's. "It wouldn't hurt to stay away from home for a few days" he thought to himself. "Maybe we can do something fun tomorrow"

(Jisoo)

 "The thing is Eunha came over while you were sleeping and suggested hanging out together today" Jisoo said with a what he hoped sounded like guilt. "How about you join us? Mom's working at the shop and dad's going to go fishing with his mates" they had just woken up and were lounging in bed.

"It depends" Bogum replied uncertainly. He had not made the jump onto the Eunha train yet. "what were you gonna do?" 

"We were gonna watch movies and then make dinner" Jisoo said hesitantly. I know you like going out and stuff but maybe you will enjoy it?" he added hastily.

"Ok I'm up for a quiet day it's been a hell of a month" Bogum said relieved he was actually hoping they wouldn't want to do outdoorsy things, and with a new sense of energy he got up saying "I'm going to the bathroom can I borrow some clothes?" he had fallen asleep in his work clothes the day before.

"Sure! You head on in" Jisoo replied enthusiastically. "I will get something out" and he ushered Bogum out of the room. 

Jisoo was happy, his plan was in action and Bogum had

Please log in to read the full chapter