Chapter 1.4

The Choices We Make
Please log in to read the full chapter

(Daegu, Kyungsoo)

It was lunch time and people where going to the cafeteria. Kyungsoo put his head down to relax he had been to his therapist Mrs. Ji, in the morning and his head was spinning. She had started asking him tougher questions now that he had been declared stable, her next phase,  -she had explained- was to try to understand what led to the 'accident'. 

"Kyungsoo are you coming to eat?" Soobin asked lovingly. She was always concerned when it came to Kyungsoo, a habit that she had formed in their youth. At that time it was the three of them. Kyungsoo, Soobin, and Eunha, always together, always having fun, and then all of a sudden she was a third wheel, not needed, in the way, and finally, pushed aside. 

"In a bit" Kyungsoo mumbled, "you go ahead I'm not hungry" Soobins smile dropped. Every time she tried to get close, she tried to make a connection Kyungsoo would just put up walls and shove her away.

She wanted to be his confidante, he didn't even notice she was still there. Mrs. Ji's words were still echoing in his head. "To move on, you need to forgive and understand the other party. Put yourself in her shoes." "Understand." he thought. "How! I don't know where she is I can't talk to her." 

***

Ping! Kyungsoo looked up It was the elevator but, it was the neighbor, disappointed he sat down again. He was waiting in front of Eunha's house, her father was still living there. 

Ping! Again Kyungsoo looked up and this time he wasn't disappointed. There was Mr. Baek fixing his tie, and holding his briefcase, he was a busy man. Walking out of the elevator, he saw Kyungsoo and looked upset and tired. 

"Hello Kyungsoo. What are you doing here? Your mom won't approve you know." he said casually with a forced smiled.

Hello. Ajusshi" Kyungsoo replied just as casually like he hadn't been waiting 2 hours outside his doorstep. "My mom doesn't know I'm here and I don't care anyways I needed to see you." 

Mr. Baek sighed "why don't you come in?" and he unlocked the front door, ushering Kyungsoo inside, directing him to the sitting room."Make yourself comfortable. I will get tea" 

Kyungsoo sat down and checked his phone it was on silent. Soobin and his mom had alternately called and texted him 50 times. After being discharged from the hospital he had become like a mouse in a cage. At home it was his mom and at school it was Soobin. Always wanting to know where he was, restricting who he talked to, it was suffocating. 

He had wanted to see Eunha's dad for months

Please log in to read the full chapter