Past 04

The One That Got Away [hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Auntie Lee!”

 

It was a beautiful morning, and perfect for a nice picnic outside by the Han River. Junmyeon and I decided to get some warm pastries for breakfast, and this place was perfect. We had come here several times before, making us sort of permanent customers.

 

“Good morning, Hyejin, Junmyeon. What will you two have today?” she greeeted from behind the counter.

 

“I'll have the red bean bread!” I chimed, my eyes already zeroing on the said pastry at the display shelf.

 

Junmyeon chuckled, squeezing my hand. “You always get it. Anyway, I'll have some chocolate bread!”

 

“Sure, coming right up,” she responded, bustling around to serve us. The place was empty, save for us, mosdtly due to the early morning.

 

“We'll be packing them,” I informed her. “We're going to eat by the Han River.”

 

“Ah,” she smiled wistfully. “The weather's perfect for these type of things. You young people should enjoy it!”

 

“We wish we could keep you company though,” I pouted. “The place is so empty.”

 

“Don't worry about an old woman like me,” she laughed. “There'll be customers coming in about an hour or so. I still have to man the shop, don't I?”

 

“You could join us for breakfast if you want?” Junmyeon offered, glancing at me for confirmation. “I'm sure being at the Han River with us for a while wouldn't be a problem.”

 

“It's okay,” she chuckled. “You two have fun, okay?”

 

And with that, she ushered us out of the shop and we were greeted by the cool breeze. The sun wasn't shining too brightly, the fluffy clouds were in the sky, and the wind was just right. There weren't many people around either; they were all probably still asleep.

 

Junmyeon enveloped his hand in mine. Tugging me forward, we fell into step as we walked easily to the Han River. Our hands swung back and forth, making me giggle. He turned to look at me, and soon a smile blossomed on his face too.

 

He let go of my hand, only to bring it to the side of my head. He brought it closer to him, and kissed my temple.

 

“What was that for?” I grinned, looking up at him.

 

“Can't a guy do that to his girlfriend?”

 

“Not for no reason.” I teased, leaning into his shoulder.

 

“Then my reason is that your smile is too beautiful to leave alone.”

 

I smacked him lightly, bursting into a fit of laughter. “That was so greasy! What drugs are you on?!”

 

“Darling,” he smirked. “The only drug I'm high on is you. I'm addicted to you.”

 

“You're terrible!” I proclaimed, before breaking out into a sprint. “I'm leaving you!”

 

I could only manage to go a few metres before Junmyeon caught up to me. He captured me in a fierce hug before professing, “I'll never let you leave me.”

 

I shook him off gently and proceeded to link our arms together. “C'mon, let's get there quickly. I want to watch the duck boats.”

 

-

 

“Ah, it's so comfy!” I said, sprawled out on the mat.

 

He rolled me over to the side. “You're taking up the whole place.”

 

I sat up, smoothing down my messy hair before promptly laying abck down. This time, on Junmyeon's lap. “You're even more comfortable!” I beamed up at him, admiring how his hair blew in the wind.

 

“Now look who's being greasy,” he laughed, tousling my hair a bit. “You hypocrite.”

 

“You love it.”

 

Suddenly, he ripped out some grass and dumped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter