Bonus 2

Work Me Out

I've finally updated. Yay!!! I'm sorry I took so long. I took a short break from writing and I wrote some other stuff too. Anyway, this is the JJP focused fic of this storyline. It's about 2.7k words. I hope you all enjoy it. Please comment, subscribe, and vote. 


Jaebum didn't know what was wrong with her. She hadn't been eating for the past three days and seemed to be increasingly lethargic. When she had eaten, not too long after it was on the floor. He even had to coerce her to drink water so that she didn’t get worse because of dehydration. His poor Nora was obviously not feeling well, and he had to take medical action today. He hadn’t brought her earlier because he’d been hoping she’d get better on her own but that hadn’t happened.  Before he left, he needed to make sure everything was in order. He was an adult that lived on his own afterall. He had to act responsibly.

 

The first thing he did was double-check his work schedule. He didn't have to go to work at the gym today. He also didn't have dance practice until much later in the day. The second thing he did was find a veterinarian’s office under Nora’s insurance. Insurance was expensive enough; there was no need to spend unnecessary money. The third thing he did was checking out how much money he had. When he looked at his balance in his account, it was more than enough for a doctor’s visit and some gas and possibly even groceries. Luckily he'd been paid a few days ago. So far, everything was going in his favor.

 

Jaebum looked through his closet as he continued to towel-dry his hair after his early-morning workout and corresponding shower. Trying to be a fashionista today seemed too stressful of a process, so he just decided to go with a simple look. He pulled on a t-shirt and tugged on some tight jeans and a hoodie. He went to the bathroom to look in the mirror and sighed upon the sight. His hair hadn’t dry as well as he would have liked, but there was nothing to be done. He ran his hand through his hair a couple of times, trying to tame the mess, but it wasn’t working. He didn’t have the time or patience to make his hair look even relatively acceptable,, so he combed his hair, with an actual comb, and pulled a cap on. Giving himself a onceover in the full length mirror in his room, Jaebum deemed himself sufficient for public viewing. He went to Nora’s bed where she was lounging and placed her in her carrier gently. He made sure he had everything: phone, keys, wallet, and the insurance card. Once he triple-checked everything, he walked out of his apartment, after locking the door. He placed Nora on the floor in the back of the car. Jaebum got in the front seat, buckled up, and started his journey.

 

When he arrived opened the door to the veterinarian’s office, there were many more people than he expected. Seats lined the entire wall, which was about twelve feet long. There were also seats placed perpendicularly that created two seating areas. About eight percent were occupied by animals, adults, and their children. Jaebum was surrounded by the chaos of too many people and their animals.  This wasn’t the environment Jaebum wanted to be in. He took a deep breath and walked to the receptionist’s desk.

 

“Hello sir, what brings you here today?” The male receptionist asked behind partially open plexiglass. His mouth held the remnants of laughter and his noon snack.

 

“My cat is sick. She hasn’t been eating and is kind of lethargic.

 

“Has your cat been treated by us before?”

 

“No. This is the first time.”

 

“Alright,” the receptionist pulled a clipboard with attached papers from somewhere around him, “Just fill these out and return them when you’re done. Then we’ll put you on the waiting list.”

 

Jaebum took the clipboard and tried to find a seat. He ended up in the corner farthest away from the front door and close to the door to the examination rooms. He placed Nora on the floor gently, by his feet, and sat in the last chair of the row by the side table stacked with animal, nature and gossip magazines and the fake, dusty tree. He skimmed the papers before calmly and efficiently filling out the paperwork with attached pen. Once he reviewed the information he had filled out, Jaebum returned to the receptionist’s desk. As the was about to hand the receptionist his paperwork and insurance card, he was bumped sideways with too much force. He whipped his head to see who had pushed him, and it was like everything for the next couple of minutes was in slow motion. The most attractive person he’d ever seen entered his vision.

 

This stranger was indescribably gorgeous. Jaebum couldn’t even fathom words to describe his appearance. His dark brown hair was beautifully placed on top of his head. It was parted partially in the middle which allowed me to glimpse at his majestic forehead and eyebrows. It was partially in his eye and Jaebum wanted to move the piece out of the way. Those eyes were enchanting and seemed able to convey more emotions than words. Jaebum’s eyes trailed further down his face to his nose. That nose was gorgeous. It was perfectly shaped high and mighty, maybe even regal. Changing focus from his nose to his lips was equivalent to being paid with a bonus in Jaebum’s opinion. His lips were angelic. They were a captivating shade of pink and red combined. The edges of his mouth were sharp and mesmerizing. His bottom lip was plump, soft, and made his ten times more beautiful. The way his bottom lip and top lip looked together just brought all of his looks together. That jawline was so sharp it could cut away any sense of composure Jaebum had. The last thing he analyzed was the other’s neck which was long, pale, unblemished, and delectable. The skin looked so smooth. A thought quickly passed of marking all over that neck. Jaebum had to fight a blush from appearing. He silently reprimanded himself for having indecent thoughts in Nora’s time of need, especially with a stranger. He stared at the man’s Adam’s apple when he spoke.

 

“Excuse me,” he said towards Jaebum, and then turned to the receptionist and spoke with a firm voice, “I have an appointment for twelve twenty under the name Mark Tuan.”

 

Somehow the name didn’t suit him in Jaebum’s opinion. The receptionist told him to sign in as he checked the schedule.

 

“I see your pet has visited us before so we’ll have you wait in the waiting room. We’re a little behind today, but you’ll see the doctor within the next hour. We’ll try to squeeze you in as close to your appointment as possible. Have a nice day. Next!”

 

The stranger huffed and then looked around to find a seat. Jaebum wanted to look at him some more, but he came for Nora, not his or heart. He passed the paperwork and clipboard to the receptionist who gave him the same wait time estimate. Jaebum walked back toward Nora and was surprised to see the handsome stranger sitting with a small, white dog in his lap. To prevent himself from staring more, he picked Nora up out of the carrier and held her in his arms. Even though he was a bit distracted, Nora was his main priority.

 

“Sorry for bumping, well more like shoving, you like that. I was running late, and I just had tunnel vision as I ran in here. My name is Jinyoung.” He shot his hand out towards Jaebum who was cradling the cat in his arms like a baby.

 

“Jaebum.” He extended one of his hands and returned the handshake. “I thought I heard your name was Mark Tuan.” It actual name was pleasant. It suited him well.

 

“No, that’s just my friend.” His hand glided over the back of the dog. “My friend had to work out of town today, coincidentally, and his roommate, who he co-owns the dog with, had exams or something else important so here I am.”

 

“Oh, alright. That’s nice of you.” Jaebum was sometimes awkward with new people so he didn’t really know how to continue the conversation. It was nice to know that Jinyoung was a good friend.

 

“Why are you here today?”

 

“My cat hasn’t been feeling well so this is an emergency visit.”

 

“An emergency?! What’s wrong?” Jinyoung’s eyes held concern and worry.

 

“She just hasn’t been eating, along with some other symptoms, and I just want to find out why.”

 

“I hope it’s not a big problem. What’s her name?”  

 

“Nora.”

 

Jinyoung got up and placed the dog on his chair. He walked over in front of Jaebum and kneeled in front of him. He reached out his hand and started petting Nora from her head to her neck and then down her back. He looked at her like she was the most special creature on the planet. Jaebum silently desired for Jinyoung to look at him like that.

 

“Nora, I hope you feel better. I know you’ll get better quickly. Don’t give Jaebum too many worries. He seems like the type to become overwhelmed when too many things happen at once. I believe you will get better soon so that you and Jaebum can be happy again together. I bet he’ll buy you lots of goodies when you’re recovered. ”

 

Jinyoung pet her once again and stood up. He returned to his seat and placed the dog back on his lap.

 

“Thank you for those kind words.” Jaebum uttered quietly. He hadn’t expected such encouraging words from a stranger. Jinyoung was interesting.

 

“It’s not a problem. She probably here some encouragement from someone who isn’t you. Pets tend to be a little rebellious sometimes and have the habit of seeking attention.” He smiled a little as he said those words.

 

“So what’s the dog’s name?”

 

“I can’t believe I didn’t tell you, Her name is Coco. I was so distracted by your face I forgot to introduce her.”

 

Jaebum wasn’t sure what he heard was true. “What did you say?”

 

“I said your face distracted me from having proper manners. You’re extremely handsome. I don’t know if you know that but you are.”

 

Jaebum blushed. He put his head down and focused on Nora’s fur.  “You’re very direct… What do you do for a living Jinyoung?”

 

“I’ve been told that,” Jinyoung seemed to process the rest of what Jaebum said before speaking again, “You’re not going to give me compliment? Fine. I’m-”

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to insult you. You’re very attractive. You’re the most attractive person I’ve seen in awhile.”

 

“Thanks. As I was saying-”

 

“Mark Tuan!” A small nurse shouted into the large room, as she looked at the patient file.

 

“Ooh it looks like it's my turn.” Jinyoung gathered the dog in his arms. “I hope Nora feels better.”

 

He waved to Jaebum and followed the nurse through the door. About fifteen minutes later, Jaebum was called to see the vet.

 

“Jaebum Im!”

 

He stood up withe carrier in one hand and Nora in the other. He walked through the swinging door. The nurse led him to an examination room and started the initial steps of the exam.

 

“What brings you in today Mr. Im?”

 

“Nora hasn’t been herself lately. She’s been lethargic and hasn’t been eating much.”

 

“Okay, we’ll try to find out what’s wrong.” The nurses did her job as she performed some of her duties of examining Nora from nose to tail.

 

“She looks okay physically, for the most part,  from what I can see, but she has a buildup of mucus. The doctor will examine further to find the cause. Other than that, she’s healthy and you’re doing a good job of taking care of her.” The nurse wrote some notes before exiting the room.

 

After waiting about ten minutes, someone opened the door.

 

“Hello, I’m Dr. Lee.” The doctor looked at the file and read over it, “It seems Nora hasn’t been feeling well. I’ll look at her and see how it goes. Hopefully we won’t have any major issues.” The doctor did a similar, more in-depth exam with more tools. Jaebum waited anxiously for the results.

 

“It seems like this little lady is just suffering from a bit of a cold. You should be able to feed her broth if you really want to, but as long as she is hydrated, she’ll be able to recover soon enough. She should be better within a week.”

 

“Thank you Dr. Lee.”

 

“No problem. You can go follow the exit signs towards the nurses’ desk to pay.”

 

Jaebum placed Nora in the carrier and made a mental note to investigate how to make chicken broth. He only wanted the best for her. He made sure he didn’t leave anything before proceeding to walk to the desk. He pulled out his wallet to start paying. He didn’t even listen to the things the nurse told him as he went through the motions to get out of there as soon as possible. He silently wondered if Jinyoung had left already.

 

“Have a nice day.”

 

Jaebum shoved his wallet back into his jean pocket and waved goodbye to the nurse. He exited the door and walked through the waiting room. He was finally free from the noise and chaos of the veterinarian’s office. This visit had taken longer than he initially planned, but he'd met a cute boy so he wouldn’t complain too much. If only he could see Jinyoung again. Completely absorbed in his planning and daydreaming, Jaebum didn’t notice an attractive man leaning against a nearby car.

 

“Jaebum!”

 

Jaebum’s head whipped towards the voice. He saw the figure of the most attractive man he’d ever seen. “Jinyoung?!”

 

“How’s Nora?

 

“Good, just a minor illness. The vet believes she’ll be okay in about a week. I’m glad it’s nothing too serious.” For the first time, he looked at what Jinyoung was wearing and the way his body looked. He wore a simple t-shirt tucked into his belted jeans. It showed off his delicious looking arms, which were slightly defined, small waist, which was perfect for wrapping your arms around, and long, enticing legs. After finishing his visual exploration of Jinyoung’s body, Jaebum’s eyes jerked back up to reinitiate eye contact.

 

“Me too.”

 

Nervously, Jaebum pulled his cap off, shook his hair, and then replaced it. “Did you just get out? Is Coco alright? Were you about to leave?”

 

“We got out about five minutes ago, and the dog is alright. It was just a checkup. We’re about to leave though. I just waited to see if my new friend Nora was okay.”

 

Jaebum was a little disappointed Jinyoung had only waited because of Nora. “She’s okay. Thank you for checking up.”

 

Jinyoung walked towards him. Coco was on a leash in his left hand with his right hanging at his side..

 

“You’re welcome.” Jinyoung placed his right hand on Jaebum’s chest and was pleasantly surprised to feel that how firm his chest was as he moved his hand down the other’s abdomen through the sweatshirt and the shirt underneath it. “Well whenever Nora is all better give me a call so we can do something fun together, alone. I don’t want to be just friends with you so I won’t call you my friend.” He stuck a piece of paper in the pocket of the hoodie. “Bye Jaebum. See you later.” He gave him a small wave and got in his car after putting Coco in the back.

 

“Okay...Bye.” Jaebum stood there kind of dumbfounded. He waved back. He probably stood there a bit too long. He finally got in his car, after placing Nora safely in the backseat, and leaned his head back on the head rest. He put his hand in his pocket and pulled out the piece of paper. In pleasant looking handwriting on the back of the vet’s business card was Jinyoung’s phone number. I’ll make sure to call him as soon as I can. He silently mused if he could call Jinyoung sooner.


 

<>

 

“Hey, Jinyoung, Nora’s all better, and I’m not busy anymore so I’m hoping you can keep your promise.”

 

“Sure. What do you have in mind?”

 

This phone call started events that would change more than just their lives.


The original couple has set the stage for everything else to happen. Thank you for reading. I plan on writing one more bonus before completing this storyline:'(  Moving on, thank you for all of the love you gave this fic because I really appreciate. Your positive responnses inspire me to write more and to write better than the previous chapter. Thank you once again. Look forward to the next chapter. Please comment, subscribe, and vote. @(*^*)@