chapter two

feelings;

“What’s up, Taeyeon?”

“Hello to you too, Seungwan.”

“Heh, I told you to not call me like that.”

“You might have, but I do what I want, Seungwan.

A chuckle. “Damn right you do.”

“Hey, I know it’s random, but have you done Ms. Eun’s assignment?”

“Not yet.” Seungwan looked at her, a smirk slowly appearing. “Let’s do it together? Like old times?”

Taeyeon smiled. “Sure.”

She had known Seungwan for three years now, and they had done most of the group projects together—they weren’t best friends, but she considered that they were the close–but–not–close friends, more like group project partners.

Seungwan didn’t seem to mind, and Taeyeon didn’t really care.

Sometimes they would talk, and the other times they would just nod at each other as greetings, and just keep walking.

It was okay, Taeyeon thought.

She didn’t mind.

 

“Taeyeon?”

She looked up in silence.

“Tired?” She nodded and groaned, putting her head back on her arms–class had started twenty minutes ago, and she was exhausted.

“You should sleep more.”

She hummed.

“I’ll lend you my paper later, okay? You can catch up today’s lesson during Ms. Baek’s class. Sleep for now.”

She opened her eyes and looked at the girl sitting next to her. “Thanks, Tiffany.”

A smile. “I owed you one anyway, and you look tired,” said the girl on her left while petting her head.

Taeyeon hummed again, and closed her eyes, ignoring the chuckle coming from Tiffany.

“Sleep well.”

 

But Taeyeon couldn’t shake off this warm sensation and kept remembering the way Tiffany had caressed her hair–so soft and so gentle, as if she was careful not to wake her up.

She unconsciously smiled until the bell rang.

 

“Hey, Sunny.”

“Sup, Taeng! Finished already?”

“Yeah, Ms. Baek was absent today. And you?” They were standing outside, in front of the school's door among the other students.

“Oh, it’s break time. I still have one hour left.”

“I see. Let’s go home together tomorrow then–I mean, whenever we finish at the same time.”

“Yeah. Oh, here’s Hyoyeon and Jonghyun.” Sunny stood on her toes. “Hyo!”

“Sup, Soonkyu.”

“I told you to call me Sunny, you—”

Midget, we all know your real name.”

“Jonghyun, don’t you take her side–Taeyeon, help me!”

“No.”

Hyoyeon grinned. “See? Soonkyu.”

“Urgh! Fine.” The small girl scoffed before hitting the boy standing next to her.

“Hey! I did nothing wrong!”

“You called me midget. Don’t you think I’ll let you off so easily, you and your pink hair.”

“I will let you know that my pink hair looks cool, unlike your—”

“Jonghyun, shut up.”

“Yes, Taeyeon.”

Hyoyeon chuckled. “So, what’s up?”

“Nothing,” answered Sunny. “I gotta go. Class starts in two. Jonghyun, are you done for today?”

“Wait for me, I’m coming, I just have to—”

Jonghyun.

“Fine! Geez, women!

The two girls watched their friends pass the door to go back in class. Hyoyeon laughed again and turned to Taeyeon. “Baek?”

She nodded. “Let me guess… Song was absent too?”

“Yeah!”

“Hmm.”

She put her hands in her jacket’s pockets and leant against the fence.

She felt comfortable with Hyoyeon–she was easy to talk to, and was funny. She didn’t pry into her life, and never asked.

Hyoyeon was nice.

“Hey, where’s Tiffany? I thought you’d be with her.”

The blonde shrugged while deposing her bag on the ground. “I don’t know. I think she’s still inside–she’s in your English class, right?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“Then she’s hasn’t left yet. I think I saw her talking with Bora.”

“Oh. By the way, I didn’t know you were close to Bora.”

And Tiffany either, but she kept silent.

“Yeah, she’s, a friend of mine. Though I never really talked to her until this year, we’re friends.”

“Really? I thought you were—”

“Oh! Hyoyeon!” A loud voice interrupted her; she turned around. “And Taeyeon! Feeling better now?”

“Hi, Tiffany,” she let out a small smile. “Yeah. Thanks for earlier, by the way.”

Tiffany smiled back before turning to Hyoyeon. “Bora proposed a cup of coffee, either now, or when Minho and the others have finished.”

She watched the short-haired girl think for a moment, never interrupting their conversation.

“Let’s go, they can join us when their class ends.”

Tiffany hummed in approval.

“Anyway, um,” Taeyeon cleared . “I gotta go. See you tomorrow.”

“Oh?” She met Tiffany’s gaze. “Leaving already?”

The blonde girl fidgeted and nodded. “I’ve got things to do, so…”

“See ya tomorrow, Taeyeon,” chirped Hyoyeon, offering her a big grin.

She smiled back, waved at the two girls, and head back home, the smile never leaving her lips.

 

What Taeyeon meant was that she needed to lie down on her bed and stare at the ceiling.

Her mind was a wreck, and she knew exactly why–she had suspected it a month ago, but never said it out loud.

But she knew. She knew.

It was bound to happen, she thought, but she hadn’t expected it to hit her that quickly.

It was bound to happen, and she knew it was, because they always told her that during her teenage years, she’d be hit with crushes.

There, she said it.

Crushes.

She couldn’t remember when it started; when her eyes would automatically search for her silhouette that she couldn’t forget; when her simple touches would make her heart beat a little faster than usual.

Taeyeon wasn’t ignorant. She knew what was happening, but was still intrigued–it was her first time reacting like this to someone, after all.

 

It was curiosity. She had been too curious–she wanted to keep feeling the warm sensation in her stomach when she’d pet her head, she wanted to keep watching her smile and then feel herself smile too; Taeyeon wanted a lot of things.

She wanted to keep this feeling of joy inside her small body–this feeling that would appear every time she would be touching her, every time she would be standing or seating next to her.

Taeyeon wanted this.

Was it too much to ask?

She didn’t know.  


 


A/N:

hello guys! thank you for subscribing and also for the upvote! i appreciate it.

if you've read my other story, you'll notice that this one has a complete different atmosphere. this story has actually a deeper meaning, but since it's only the beginning, i didn't know if you could already feel it. :^) 

p.s: can you guess who seungwan is? it's easy.

comments/questions are always welcomed, and i hope you liked this second chapter–until next time!