chapter one

feelings;
Taeyeon never really understood feelings.

Especially hers.

 

She took her bag in her hand, getting up from her chair. School had just finished and she was already thinking of how she would be going home–she wanted to avoid the rush-hour, but she didn’t know how.

“Taeyeon!” She turned around. “Wait for me!”

She smiled. “I thought you had already finished?”

“No. Well, erm, I was in detention?”

“What did you do again, Sunny?”

“Nothing. I was just late, and Mrs. Baek was in a bad mood, so I was the sacrifice that had to be made.”

Taeyeon shrugged off, still walking, not replying to her friend.

“So, how’s school?”

She looked up, stopping at the red-light. “It’s okay. I’m with Seohyun and there are some new students, but it’s okay.”

“Oh.” Green-light. “Yeah, I think I saw them the other day. They look nice.”

“I wouldn’t know.” They were now approaching the subway. “I mean, I’ve talked to them. We started school three months ago.”

“So why?”

“I don’t know. I’m not close to them.”

“Oh.” Sunny put her hand on her shoulder, making her look at her face. “That’s good. I mean, at least you spoke to them.”

A quick nod. “Mh.”

“Well, I’m going the other way, so go home safely, alright? See you tomorrow, if we can.”

“Yeah.” Taeyeon smiled. “See you.”

 

Taeyeon wasn’t a loner.

She had friends at school; she just didn’t feel close to them–they were something more than acquaintances, but that was it. There was a line between them, that she may had unconsciously traced–as long as she could remember, the line had always been there, and she never tried to cross it.

Taeyeon wasn’t a coward. She just never felt the need to go on the other side and try to get closer to them.

She was weird, she thought.

Taeyeon didn’t really know what to do.

 

Taeyeon had always found some difficulty in living.

She didn’t know why. Breathing was easy.

Living wasn’t.

But Taeyeon was young, and she just didn’t know.

 

“What’s up, Taeng!”

“Hello to you too, Jonghyun.”

“You don’t look really motivated.”

“You don’t either, .”

“That’s right.” He laughed, turning around. “Oh! There’s Seohyun!”

“Don’t shout, Jonghyun, you’re too loud.”

“That wasn’t even loud–do you want to hear what loud is? Wait, I can—”

“Jonghyun, don’t,” a feminine voice cut him. The boy looked down, not replying back. 

“Hi, Seohyun,” Taeyeon smiled at her friend while taking her chair.

“Hello. Class will start soon, let’s talk at the break.”

 

Taeyeon was happy.

Every time she would look up in class, she’d met Hyoyeon’s glance, and the blonde would make silly faces, then turn away. While Taeyeon had done her best effort to laugh in silence, Hyoyeon’s laugh could be heard, and only the both of them knew why.

“I didn’t know you were close with Hyoyeon,” stated Seohyun at the end of the class.

“I didn’t know either. She just kept making grimaces when we’d glance at each other.”

“Yeah, she’s funny.”

“She is,” a nod. “Let’s get going. Don’t wanna be late in English.”

 

“Taeyeon?”

She hummed, taking out a pencil, not looking at the intruder.

“Did you do Mr. Chen’s homework?”

“Yeah, should be in my bag. Let me check.”

“Thanks a lot.”

She finally glanced up and was met with a smile; she quickly diverted her eyes, her hands already rummaging her backpack. “No worries, Tiffany.”

She felt something soft, then a small pack, before touching some papers. She pulled it out, her eyes never leaving her bag.

“There you go. Try to not get caught by Ms. Baek, please?”

“Don’t worry.” A giggle. She looked up. “I’ll take care of your homework. I owe you one!”

“No, it’s alright,” she smiled at the black-haired girl.

The girl grinned back and walked away, returning to her seat, and Taeyeon couldn’t help but follow her movements. She was one of the newcomers of the class–Tiffany was her name, and she was new. Now that new, since she already knew Hyoyeon and apparently Bora too before even arriving in this school, but Taeyeon, after a few talks with her, had concluded that she was nice.

Like the others, she thought.

Though Tiffany had somehow caught her attention–maybe by the way she moved, or the way she smiled, and Taeyeon just didn’t know when she first found herself staring at her in class instead of listening to the professor.

 

“Hey, Taeyeon, thanks for lending me your work!”

She took the paper, already putting it in her bag. “Nah, it’s okay, but I don’t know if everything’s correct though.”

“Oh!” A chuckle. “It’s not a big deal. At least Mr. Chen won’t be able to say anything since I’ve done my homework today.”

“Yeah.”

And that was it. 

 

 


A/N:

hello there! thanks for reading the first chapter of feelings! it's pretty simple for now, since it's only the beginning, but I've got a lot more to write. 

if you want more, you can check my other on-going story, coffees are best when shared with you, or a oneshot i also wrote, she’s your roommate

and if you're actually looking forward to feelings, i advise you to subscribe (not because i absolutely need subscribers), but because i update really randomly, and i wouldn't want for you guys to miss a new chapter.

comments are, as always, appreciated. feel free to ask questions if you want to learn more, i'll try to answer as best as i can without spoiling the rest of the plot.

hope you liked it–until next time!