Holy Diver

Tearing Down the Wall

The wolf was not done.

A gargantuan paw swung out from the ground and swept Jimin from her feet. The rapper sat up with the crossbow raised, but couldn’t get her fingers to shoot. It was too cold, not just from the forest but also from the sweat coating her shaking hands. Fear flooded her veins and with a scream she pulled the trigger again. The crossbow pushed her back a few inches, pushing her into the dirt. She cursed when she saw that she hadn’t loaded the weapon, and scrambled to get the other bolts from the bag-

Which were right next to the wolf’s other paw…

Dammit.

The book was there as well, right where she dropped it when the first bolt fired. Jimin couldn’t find help quickly, but she had to do something. She cursed before standing up and taking a few steps back from the wolf. It was injured, so it couldn’t bear to stand, but that would make it harder for the small lyricist to get the items. If only she had a hidden inventory system to hide her stuff, then maybe this wouldn’t have occurred in the first place.

Well, time to break out the big guns.

Jimin remembered that she had left her purse in the cabin. She was excited that she had a plan, but remembered that an angry and ugly wolf stood in her way. Motherfu-

Screw it, she ran anyways. The rapper took a long way around the wolf, skirting around and making sure her legs were far away from those claws. Once she reached its area, she grinned at how it was at an impasse to attack her. She went to give it a kick in the , before one of its legs to her face. She ducked the foot and regretted nothing as she leaned against the outer wall of the cabin. 

Jimin kept running until she reached the door, hopping in. She wiped the sweat off her forehead and sighed in relief, thanking whatever for rusted crossbow bolts. At the very least, she could wait until it died to blood poisoning, but then again she doesn’t what she’s dealing with. For all she knew, she’s just making it worse. That’s why she always had a backup in case the obvious solution did nothing to the problem.

Get the more obvious solution in her purse. 

Jimin walked over to her purse on the simple bed and pulled out a Glock. The journalist smiled in admiration at the smooth, plastic frame, remembering the words that her father told her when she first started out the thug- er, idol life. It was the day before she left for FNC, and her dad rested a hand on her shoulder, placed the weapon in her bag, and sternly told her, “If you ain’t got no money take your broke home!”

Wait, wrong quote.

Jimin shook her head at the modified memory. She specifically remembered there being no gun and remembered reciprocating her parents love at that moment and that her father told her to be careful. Those were the true memories, and someone tried to mess with her mind. She growled at the sabotage at her mind just as there was a crash against the door. Jimin turned with her gun raised, her eyes slitted for concentration. 

The door lay still. For a while. It had been a minute. Another. Obligatory DJ Khaled joke. 

Time passed and Jimin grew impatient. She growled into a war cry as she rushed the door. Her foot broke it into pieces as she screamed her impatience away aiming her pistol forward.

“JIMIN GON GIVE IT TO YA!”

She sprayed and prayed that the bullets would obliterate any foe that would dare stand at point blank range to her.

“WHERE DA HOOD AT?! JIMIN’S WHERE DA HOOD AT- Where did it go?”

The wolf disappeared. Like, huge fur, blood, everything. Even the bolt she fired just upped and vanished with the damn beast. Thankfully, the monster-hunting stuff remained, sitting in the middle of the forest floor. Jimin looked both ways before crossing briskly, her gun raised close to her. her eyes kept darting, even when she was beside the stuff she needed. The top madame never drop her guard as she lowered to keep up the sack and the book, always looking around at unexpected places. 

Though she never expected something to come from the ground. 

Into pure darkness the lyricist fell, the source of light beaming from the hell she fell above. Her breath escaped her as gravity took her down its course, and the fear rapidly rose up to her just as the shadows of the darkness crept up her body. Jimin expected earth, but her eyes widened when she felt none, instead only feeling the cold emptiness all around her. Her opening became farther and farther, and her vision could only focus on the fleeting point of light, until it seemed like it was no more. 

She couldn’t see herself. 

Darkness all around her, covering her, choking her, constricting her body. She couldn’t even tell

if she was moving or not, since there was nothing to feel, nothing to see, nothing to smell, taste, or touch, save for the rushing wind from below. She couldn’t even find her own voice, only that her vocal cords were getting sore quick. 

The darkness shattered before her.

Her body didn’t feel anything, but Jimin was sure that she collided against something that broke through the never-ending blackness. Sound returned, accompanied by this shrill wall in her ears that never seemed to go away. Her world was spinning, but it was all in the grey spectrum of colour. She felt sick so she closed eyes.

And suddenly metal claws hugged her form. 

She looked up to see metal leading up to black feathers. She looked up further to find that she was in the grip of a black raven. The shrill wall stopped, and she realised she had been screaming the whole time. She stared at the raven in silence from within its grip as it flew over a night’s cloudy sky.

Jimin was truly at a loss for words.

Whatever sick play the author was making here was just stupid. It serves no purposes, it pulls away from the description of the fic, and it makes it seem like he’s just making things up as he goes along. Where’s the killer? Is her segment supposed to be fantasy, mystery, horror, crime?? Where is this story going???

“Y’know, I had the same thoughts in the first fic.”

Jimin furrowed her eyebrows. It was a familiar voice, but she couldn’t tell where it was from. From what she could tell, it seemed to be from the top of the raven, but that’s impossible. It must mean that someone is riding this majestic bird, and that’s just not-

“We were always trying to second-guess the author, where he would take the fic next and what point he would like to make,” the familiar voice continued. “Meanwhile, we would tag along through with it. Sure he’d cause terror, but at least he was apologetic about it. He would always try and make it up. He’s a er for cute and sweet endings, and just can’t help writing a Happily Ever After.”

Jimin remembered that there was a bag of bolts close to her.

“But then his sense of perfection kicks in and he remembers that there must be a tragedy here somewhere.” 

Jimin pulled out a rusted, silver bolt from the bag through the tight grip of the raven with the an arm that was free from its talons. Just as she was about to stab its legs, she caught a tuft of blonde from the atop the avian beast. Her heart stopped as she saw the angelic beauty lean out to look at her. Their eyes locked, and Jimin weakened beneath her gaze.

“This time the tragedy lies with him, my dear.” The blonde patted the side of the raven’s neck. “It’s for his own good.”

Jimin’s lips moved to call out her light before it grew farther once again, paling the large moon that was beside her. She watched helpless as the silver bolts glinted out of the rucksack, the tome that she had so much trust in ruffle open from the open air. The journalist, lyricist, rapper, top madame, midget, whatever. She felt her insides still after seeing a heavenly smile curved so hellishly. 

Suddenly, her descent slowed, and her body was laid gently on the cobblestone. Jimin sat up and scanned the stone garden around her, the fact that a battle took place was obvious. What wasn’t obvious was what settled her down, or who the two unconscious bodies were that lay beside a very familiar statue.

Come to think of it, isn’t that-?

The earth rumbled beneath her as something huge landed close by. Jimin was shook awake by the commotion and stood immediately, turning to the source of the quake. It was the raven, and on it was the blonde beauty in a stunning black dress that showed her shoulders. 

“That statue is the key to your progression,” she said in a melodic voice. “Does the top madame have what it takes to reach her goal, her story?”

“Shut it!” Jimin raised her fists as her confidence returned. “I’m the mothering top madame and I’m going to pop some champagnes up your , Choa!”

“Hmm,” the blonde beauty pondered aloud as she held tightly to the raven. “I wonder how Chanmi is doing…”