Almost Easy

Tearing Down the Wall

”3 angels and 1 devil.”

A heavenly voice echoed in the minds of the characters before a magnificent pillar of ice jutted from the concrete. It imposed itself through the flames with a steaming magnificence as it opposite against the circle of flames around it. Woozi grimaced, knowing what’s to come as the girls could stare in confusion at the freezing stalagmite. The principal threw the first fireball at it.

“No!” He poured his fury into destroying the pillar. “It can’t be!”

But it was to no avail. The pillar exploded, but Woozi knew it wasn’t because of his own might. The ice particles flew everywhere, but even to the angels, it created an incandescent aura around its source as it pushed the flames back, even extinguishing some parts of the firewall before it renewed, albeit in a smaller form. Everyone shielded their eyes from the glow in the centre before it faded to reveal a handsome man in an all-white tuxedo. His sharp features, tousled brown hair, and radiant eyes are an amalgamation of the universe’s beauty, compiled into one magnificent-

“Alright, we get it, Narrator,” Woozi yelled out. “It’s Vernon.”

It’s Vernon, indeed.

“That doesn’t mean he’s my weakness-“

Actually, he just froze your arm. Stop grunting, it doesn’t hurt that much. The angels watched in awe as the new boy only raised a hand to subdue the bias. The two mortal girls behind them watched in confusion at what in the holy hell is going on. First, they were just riding home from school like usual (which usually leads to some sleepover) and now there was this supernatural fight going on. Next thing you know, there would be two brothers arrive in some rustic old car that’s been restored numerous times to put a stop to this and banish everyone back to hell, only for one of the brothers to absorb hell itself and the other contemplating on whether or not he should kill his brother or find some bogus way to free him through a very convoluted way the writers thought up on the spot while they were holding in their s. 

Gosh, I hope someone gets that reference. The point is, Eunha and Sana were scared beyond their wits. 

Chanmi and Hyejeong took a strong step forward, but were stopped by Tzuyu with a raised hand. The new maknae shook her head and only motioned with a wave to watch at a master in his work. Vernon effortlessly froze and shatter any fiery projectile coming his way with the wave of a hand. Woozi couldn’t melt the ice brick that is his other hand, and he was slowly tiring himself out. His muscles screeched and his vision began to blur and darken, but he couldn’t give up. He was surrounded by power, so why couldn’t he use it?!

The small man pooled in the flames of the circle, lowering their walls so that disappeared into the ground. 

“Nothing shall stop me,” he began. “In my quest for ultimate power!”

He’s lost it. Woozi’s grimace turned into an expression of uncontrollable laughter. The concrete began to bubble beneath the characters, before melting and giving way. The car, rekt from the beginning of the fight, sank into glowing magma, and the angles realised quickly their predicament. The fire hadn’t disappeared, it only moved beneath them, and was quickly rising upwards. 

“The inferno shall consume us all!” Woozi ran and grabbed and Vernon by his collar, despite the sudden freeze to his leg. “If I can’t have it, then I’ll die with my prisoners in style!”

Big mistake, little Woozi.

“What did you call me-?!”

But too late, Vernon had started his magic on the bias. The Seventeen rapper froze the Vocal leader, encasing him in a thin, but strong layer of ice. It kept Woozi stuck to Vernon since his hand was on the shirt collar, but at least he was mostly immobile. However, the block from earlier shattered from repeated heating, and with a flick of a wrist, threw a fel-green flame towards the frost hero, and the younger could not stop it. The fire ignited the pure whiteness of his clothes, but ultimately consumed only the tops he wore, leaving him in stark white pants against his gleaming, body.

The girls and angels, meanwhile, had to escape from the bubbling earth beneath them. 

Eunha blinked and shook her head at the fleeting sight of Vernon as she was dragged by her friends. Chanmi took Sana’s other hand and used her angelic powers to levitate them off the ground, with Tzuyu and Hyejeong following suit. With a shine on their backs and their grace feeling them, they were able to escape the circle of fire as it erupted, launching a spiralling inferno upwards. The angels felt the heat dry the air behind them as its expansion pushed them away forth blas. Sana and Eunha, both directly facing the near-volcanic activity, took the brunt of the hunt, feeling their lips chap and even some of parts of their skin flash. 

Eunha screamed. 

It was unfair! How could such a cool boy just disappear in a hot flash like that?! I agree with her pain, Vernon shouldn’t have burned off like that! He just barely appeared, and now you’re just going to cut him out of the story like-

Something twinkled outwards from the pillar of flame. 

It flew like a diamond, it shined like a diamond, and was gorgeous from a distance in the rough of the dark landscape of the afternoon. It shot like a bullet, but Eunha smiled, knowing full well that it could only be one thing. 

“Woozi-sen-“

Ahem.

“Vernon-oppa-senpai!”

That’s what I thought. 

“I was just pulling your leg Narrator.”

Right (I don’t even have legs).

“Who are you talking to?!” Sana yelled, her heart racing from the rapidly growing height. “Yah, I’m the only that seems to be normal!”

Whatever you say, Tzuyu’s waifu.

“Who said that?!” The Japanese cried, her dam of tears near the point of bursting (I really hope someone catches that). “Oh, no, the crazy virus is hitting me too!”

“Both of you back there, shut u-“

Whatever Tzuyu was going to say cut off by her scream as the the world they knew disappeared. The suburban neighbourhood in the afternoon was wiped away to a clear white, and all of the girls felt the same stomach-flipping sensations. They were all falling down to an unknown white, and, naturally, everyone screamed. The school girls did their best to keep the wind from opening the skirts, because, you know, there is no such thing as a peeping tom when your whole world just disappears. Well, save for the large fire pillar from before. The angels, only tried to stay afloat, but for some reason their wings wouldn’t work. It was as if their powers vanished into thin air like with the world, and-

Groans and grunts followed the crash as each girl landed (somewhat) safely.

Sana was the first to sit up, and thus was the first one to see the brown wings in the distance as it carried a shiny thing on its…

Is that a man with wings with another grown man on his back? Why is there a UFO floating in the distance? Where the whiteness melded into a light brown dust, with mountains and hills, pockmarked with craters and the sky seemed to have fallen into a twilight.

“That’s the background for the TWICE vid…”

Sana covered . Did she actually say that? How did she know? 

“Oh no,” Hyejeong yelled as she sprinted to the UFO. “It’s starting!”

“What’s starting?!” Eunha yelled back as she stood up. “WHat’s happening now?!”

“The worlds,” Tzuyu stated, brushing off excess dust. “They are a-crashing.”

“Crashing?” Sana asked, her heart accelerated just slightly enough to be felt. “Worlds?”

“The Fanfictionverse is crumbling,” Tzuyu clarified as she grabbed Sana and Eunha by their collars. “An anomaly has gone on for too long, but good thing that other verse was wiped or else we thought we’d never get you out.”

“Get me out?” Chanmi was one step behind the younger maknae. “What-“

“I’ll explain later.” The young angel dragged them towards the direction of the UFO, with a confused Chanmi behind them. “For now, we need to get to that ship.”

“Wait, who are you?” Chanmi asked. “I mean, I know you’re Chou Tzuyu, but-“

“A biaswrecker, just like you,” Tzuyu explained with two complaining schoolgirls in tow (well, one; Eunha gave up since she’s tiny). “And the Bias List is trying to exact revenge on the Author and on us.”

“Wait, there’s more of us?!” Chanmi was ready to hop. “I thought we disappeared, after Hyejeong was eaten-“

“That was Hyejeong’s idea,” Tzuyu explained, this time treading faster once her black leather boots touch the light soil. “She was to be captured by the Biases as she knew where the author was going to spawn next after he died, seeing as how our enemies had a schedule to keep.”

“Then…” Chanmi recalled the last few chapters of the last fic, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “What was that-“

A gunshot tore through the wind and the two girls faced the source. Sana screamed and hugged Eunha tightly, while the other girl just froze in place. The gunshot brought up bad memories from the first fic, and she does not want to relive the Defence of the Legends. The two angels watched as a figure garbed in all black threw their cloak aside, standing with a pistol in hand between them and the fleeting vision of the sprinting Hyejeong.

“Well, I can’t believe I’m here again,” the ninja said as she tugged on her mask. “Meeting you once more, little Chanmi.”

The AoA maknae widened her eyes in shock.
“Gomindo!”

“Hello again,” said the girl with dangerous eyes. “And a great, ‘ you’, from the Bias List for all!”