[For HopeOnTheStreet] Late Nights At The Office

Holy Macaroni And Cheese || One-Shot Request Shop [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author: house-laurie

Requested by: HopeOnTheStreet

Genre: Romance/Mystery not so much mystery. sorry about that. :(

OTP/Group: YoonSeok/BTS

Word count: 6,080

VIP: No

?: Yes

 

If he was asked to describe the style behind his clothing line, Yoongi would say that half of it was a skater-esque look -- ripped jeans, cotton shirts, beanies, and the occasional hoodie or peacoat -- designed for casual comfort while still possessing that high-end look most rich, obnoxious teenagers strove for. The other end of his clothing line was all skinny jeans, fleece jackets, high-collared dress shirts and bulky knitted turtlenecks, created as part of his winter collections rather than something he sold year-round.

 

Stupid kids on Instagram would share photos of themselves wearing his clothing label, as if it was something to brag about.

 

Even while seeing models wearing clothes from his brand on the runway, Yoongi still found it cringeworthy -- but to a lesser extent, of course. He had just enough pride to help keep from going insane when he saw somebody wearing his clothes and just a smidge of modesty to keep him from rolling his eyes.

 

People give him too much credit for something that he didn’t even consider an actual skill. If he hadn’t gotten lucky way back when he first started working for Kim International a few years ago, he’d still be taking orders at Starbucks.

 

“You know, it is possible to become too invested in your work.”

 

“Shut up, brat,” Yoongi seethes at Namjoon, flicking his pencil at him in protest.

 

He misses by a mile, unfortunately, sending his last and only pencil hurtling to the floor with a noisy ka-clink that rings out in the quiet air of the apartment. Sure, he’s got more in his bag but they’re all unsharpened and he forgot his sharpener at home so, yes, that was his only pencil. Namjoon is dutiful enough, clumsy as he is, to get up and hand him his pencil, only for Yoongi to find the tip has broken off.

 

Great, just great.

 

“Hey, no worries, I’m pretty sure I’ve got a pencil or two lying around somewhere,” but before Namjoon can start looking, Yoongi shakes his head.

 

“No, don’t. You’re right, I should take a break.”

 

“That’s good, you’re finally coming around.”

 

“Shut up, brat.”

 

“Sheesh, relax. No need to get your in a twist, Nancy.”

 

“I’m just stressed out,” Yoongi admits, “I have to complete this collection soon and I’m nowhere near finishing.”

 

“You got another show coming up?”

 

“And I’m guessing the only reason why you care is so you collect a paycheck at the end of it?”

 

“Hey, don’t be like that,” Namjoon whines. “It’s not just about money, hyung.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Maybe you should take a break for a few days, try to ease the burnout you’re probably feeling.”

 

“This collection is due in three weeks. I don’t have time to relax.”

 

“Let me guess,” Namjoon snorts, “if you relax, you’ll ‘get too caught up in the moment and then nothing will get done.’”

 

“That nearly happened once. I almost forgot to submit my collection.”

 

“Let me guess, you got wasted?”

 

“Don't be ridiculous,” Yoongi scoffs, “I don't drink.”

 

The mere thought of alcohol, its smell and taste and the way it would settle heavily in the pit of his belly, makes him cringe. His alcohol intolerance was one of the many reasons he rarely went out with friends unless it happened to be his colleagues from the company -- they were all models who were not allowed to drink alcohol due to the diets they were expected to follow religiously.

 

If alcohol was involved, Yoongi wouldn’t even go bother going out with those friends because all that would happen is they’d get drunk and for being a lightweight. He’d spent enough of his life being the of other people’s jokes that he was fed up and no longer just sat with his head down and took whatever flew his way.

 

“Then what happened?”

 

“I went and ate so much food I was in a food coma by the end of the night.”

 

“Wow.”

 

“What?”

 

“I'm proud of you. That's way better than getting drunk.”

 

“Yeah, tell that to my publisher,” Yoongi scoffs. “She was pissed when I showed up at her office ten minutes before the deadline.”

 

“But that collection wound up being your most successful one yet.”

 

“Yeah, it was.”

 

“So… I say you go and use that formula again, let loose for a few hours. Your work will be waiting for you when you come back from a night of partying.”

 

“Namjoon, no.”

 

“Namjoon, yes.”

 

“Namjoon, no,” Yoongi groans. “Please… I really don’t want to party.”

 

“You’ve become the all work and no play hyung. You should switch things up a little.”

 

“Oh yeah? What’s your idea of ‘switching things up,’ eh?”

 

That’s when Yoongi notices that mischievous glint in Namjoon’s eye, that little sparkle that has probably gotten the bastard into plenty of trouble before, and he swallows hard because he’s not sure if he’ll like what he’s going to hear. Don’t get him wrong, sometimes Namjoon’s ideas are brilliant -- he is a genius, after all -- but the stress holding every cell in his body rigid is made worse wondering what is brewing in Namjoon’s cranium.

 

“You should embrace your inner romantic and go on a date.”

 

“What? Ew,” Yoongi says, scrunching his nose up in protest. “I’ve got no time for dating or romance.”

 

“C’mon, hyung, live a little!”

 

“The last time I decided to ‘live a little,’ I wound up on a ty date with a ty who thought my career choice was ‘cute.’”

 

“For the record, you did kick his later.”

 

“Not that it matters.”

 

“All I’m saying,” Namjoon huffs, “is maybe it wouldn’t hurt to start dating again. Who knows? You might get inspired.”

 

“Or I’ll wind up in a slump and then there’s no way in hell I’ll finish the collection in time. And you’re not helping either,” Yoongi grumbles as he starts to pack, Namjoon playfully rolling his eyes and all the elder wants to do is smack that smug grin off his face.

 

But he doesn’t. Instead, Yoongi says goodbye to Namjoon and leaves said male’s apartment for his own, deciding the best course of action would be to leave his collection alone for the night and try to get some sleep. It’s fitful and he only manages to fall asleep after three trips to the bathroom, all in all getting only a couple hours of sleep before he has to be awake at eight-thirty. And he would have forgotten if it hadn’t been for Namjoon sending him twenty-something texts, all of them reminding him that they had a meeting to attend today.

 

Yoongi could vaguely recall it had something to do with sitting down with the company’s photographers and models to discuss the upcoming show but he still winds up being a half hour late to the meeting. His boss doesn’t say much, simply tossing him a glare before turning back to droning on about the upcoming show, and Yoongi slips into the first and only available chair, finding himself seated next to a photographer with a bulky camera bigger than his head.

 

He kind of recognizes the photographer, having seen him around the building every now and then, always chatting with somebody and smiling so brightly his grin could light up a room. Okay, maybe that was a little cheesy and lame but at the same time, it was mostly true.

 

“What’d I miss?” he whispers to the photographer next to him and said male turns his head to look at him, flashing him a bright smile that makes Yoongi feel like he’s burning up.

 

“Not too much, don’t worry.”

 

“Good, thanks,” and then Yoongi looks up, giving his boss attention just as he looks in his direction, at least to make it look like he was listening. In reality, he’s going to spend most of the meeting playing games on his phone and being at the back of the room made it so much easier to not be caught.

 

“Hey, uh… you’re Min Yoongi, right?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Min Yoongi, the artist behind the Suga Sweet designer label.”

 

“Yeah, that’s me.”

 

“Jung Hoseok, pleasure to meet you.”

 

“Nice to meet you, too,” Yoongi says. “You’re one of the company’s photographers, right?”

 

“Yep, that’s me. I take photos for the company magazine and I have to say, your designs are some of the nicest I’ve seen the models wear.”

 

“Well, thanks…”

 

“You’re welcome. And, okay, listen, uh…”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Do you wanna go out for a cup of coffee sometime? Like, maybe after this meeting’s over?”

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yeah. I wanna get to know the elusive Min Yoongi on a more personal level that goes beyond taking photos of models wearing his clothes and wondering what he’s really like.”

 

“Man, you really have no boundaries, do you?” and Hoseok shrugs, all the while grinning like the smug bastard Yoongi figured he was.

 

“So what do you say?”

 

“Sure, but you’re paying.”

 

“You’ve got yourself a deal.”

 

And when the meeting finally ends, Yoongi and Hoseok are the first ones to leave the meeting room, making their way down the stairs to the first floor and out the front doors onto the busy street. It’s somewhat chilly, cold enough that the air nips at his cheeks and nose and that he can see his breath wafting in front of him in frosty white puffs, but the coffee shop is located not too far from the office building where they both worked. As they head towards the coffee shop, Hoseok boldly loops his arm with Yoongi’s and strangely, the elder finds he likes the way their arms feel when linked together. It’s almost like they were meant to be like this, as if they were two long-lost puzzle pieces that finally found themselves.

 

Wow, Yoongi thinks to himself, can you get any mushier?

 

“So how’s your work coming along? I hear you’re going to release another collection soon,” Hoseok says once they’re inside the toasty warm coffee shop, waiting at the very back of the line. There were several people in front of them so it would be a few minutes before they finally got to have their turn.

 

“It’s going alright,” Yoongi answers, refusing to admit that it wasn’t going as well as he would have liked Hoseok to believe. The last thing he needed was for gossip to spread through the company that he was suddenly incapable of putting out a collection that outshone the previous one.

 

“I can’t wait to see it. I bet it’s going to be even better than your last.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

Not sure if he’s kissing my or being genuine, Yoongi thinks.

 

Once they’ve got their drinks -- a vanilla caramel macchiato with three sugars for Yoongi and a frappe for Hoseok -- and they’re seated, having conveniently found two seats by the window, the mint-haired male takes every opportunity to admire this sunny photographer who suggested practically out of the blue that they go get a cup of coffee. Granted, it’s a free cup of coffee so it automatically tastes better than it would have if he paid five-something dollars out of his own pocket.

 

That, and he’s sitting with somebody he finds is more pleasant to chat with than most of his coworkers.

 

Hoseok’s lips curve into an easy smile that’s almost effortless for him to maintain, easily reaching his eyes as well. The glimmer in the raven-haired male’s eyes reminds Yoongi of exploding fireworks and the sun reflecting off mirrors and a bucket filled to the brim with sparkly, colorful glitter.

 

He’s attentive whenever Yoongi answers his questions and when the tables are flipped even when Yoongi is speaking and Hoseok is listening, only speaking when Yoongi is done and never butting in before the elder is done saying his piece. Yoongi tries his best to do the same, though he occasionally slips up and interrupts Hoseok without meaning to, either to agree with him or to add some insight of his own, and the younger takes it all in stride better than Yoongi could ever hope to.

 

“So you’ve got three weeks to finish your collection?”

 

“Less than three,” Yoongi admits. “I really don’t have much time left.”

 

“I know you’ll do great,” Hoseok says.

 

“Glad to know you have such high standards of me.”

 

“Of course. I’m excited to see what you come up with.”

 

“It also means you’ll have work in three weeks.”

 

“I always have work,” Hoseok says and Yoongi can’t help but detect a bit of smugness from the younger. “After all, I work for Big Hit same as you.”

 

“Fair enough.”

 

As their coffee turns cold, both males decide they’ve spent more than enough time in the coffee shop so they take their last sips (they’re not that enjoyable now that their drinks have lost their warmth) and slowly make their way back to the company building where they both worked. Yet, despite the cold, they weren’t in any hurry to make back and Yoongi finds himself wondering why that could be since he couldn’t stand the cold even a little. Whenever he looks Hoseok’s way and sees the photographer smiling at him, Yoongi feels himself burning up underneath all the layers of clothes he had on like he suddenly walked right into a room with the heat going full blast.

 

Damn , Yoongi thinks to himself as he feels his heart pattering away against his ribcage, why’s he gotta smile like that? He’s so damn cute…

 

“This was nice. Wanna do this again sometime?” and Yoongi nods.

 

“Yeah, that’d be nice.”

 

“I’ll see you around, hyung!”

 

“See ya.”

 

Yoongi doesn’t tell anybody about his little “date” with Hoseok -- it wasn’t really a date but he’ll settle with that since he doesn’t know how else to describe it -- but it somehow slips out during a conversation when he gathered with Namjoon and the rest of their friends at said model’s favorite restaurant. The rest of their motley crew consists of models Jimin, Jungkook and Seokjin, fellow fashion designer Taehyung and even Namjoon’s boyfriend Jackson, who was the only photographer at their table.

 

And what frustrates Yoongi most is that they’re acting like it’s the best news they’ve heard all day.

 

“Are you going to go out with him on another coffee date?” Jimin asks cheekily, grinning happily when Jungkook drapes his arm around his shoulders, though Yoongi is sure he’s smiling because of his and Hoseok’s little coffee date and not because of his boyfriend showing him PDA. Not like Jimin didn’t already get enough from Jungkook as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter