[Kaieun] My best partner

Love Stories

 

You're my star, You're my sun, You're my moon

Feels like i have the world

My Star -- Lee Hi

 


Jongin runs happily with his friends around the garden. Laughing and giggling at everything they see. It seems laugh-able and funny enough for them. Well, maybe it’s because that they’re only 6 years old and they don’t know about such awesome things this world save for their teenage until adult time.

 

“Jongin-ah... Don’t play around! Sit here and eat!” Jongin’s Mom yelled at him while waving her hand. Jongin grinned at his Mom then runs towards her, opening his mouth widely to eat what his Mom gave to him.

 

Jongin just about to runs again when his eyes captured a girl crying on the edge of the garden. Jongin knew that he’s a man and he should be the real men – eventhough he’s a kid now. Jongin came to the girl direction. Watching her quietly until the girl looks at him.

 

“Why are you crying?” Jongin choose to squat too like the girl in front of him.

 

The girl’s eyes still teary. “W-who are,” She sobbed, “you? W-why… a-are you here?”

 

Jongin smiles widely towards the girl, then pats her head. Giving his hand to the girl, waiting her to grabs his hand. The girl didn’t want to grabs his hand, but in the end she ends up grabs that hand – because she’s too tired.

 

Jongin glances to her, “So... What’s your name? I’m sure you’re the same age as me or… maybe younger?”

 

The girl wipes her tears, glances at Jongin secretly. “I’m S-son Naeun. 6 years old”

 

***

 

Jongin ruffles his hair hardly. There’s too much sweat today, actually he doesn’t expect any hard practice from the coach since it’s their last match. But it’s actually not, because the coach even more hard on them.

 

Jongin walks to the changing room, sit at the couch and drinks his water roughly. He glances to the other members they already clean up their body. Now it’s only him that still full of sweat.

 

“Jongin-ah… I should go first. My Mother already arrived just now at home,” Jackson pats his back then runs fastly, not even waiting for Jongin answer. Jongin just smiles at his action. It’s Jackson you know.

 

A boy walks towards him then sit beside him. “Go clean your smelly body”

 

Jongin laughs, it’s not only him that still full of sweat. “Yah! Oh Sehun! Go clean your body first”

 

Sehun takes Jongin water then gulp it until the bottle is empty, “I don’t want t go home”

 

“Why? Your Mother’s the best chef you know,” Jongin raise his eyebrows. Throwing the empty bottle to the trash near them.

 

“That’s the reason! She’s not home now… I’m sure my Father already messed the kitchen”

 

Jongin laughs at Sehun statement while Sehun besides him just muttering his though. Jongin stops his laugh when a message pop up on his phone, just seeing the name of the sender already makes him smiles widely. It’s from ‘Crying Baby’ . She must be on her way here.

 

Jongin glances to Sehun. “Then… I’ll be the one who clean up my smelly body”

 

“Lucky for you Kim Jongin!” Sehun throws his t-shirt carelessly then rest his body on the couch.

 

Jongin already wear his clean t-shirt and knee-length pants. Jongin take a look at the mirror near him, watching his resembles with wide smile. “Why am I so handsome? I don’t think that my other brothers as handsome as me”

 

After saying those words Jongin hears someone just cough hardly – a girl. Jongin gulps his saliva, aware of the one who hears it will teasing him all life long. Jongin walks to the outside, finding a girl playing game with her handphone, and realizing who’s the girl makes Jongin relieve.

 

“So… Can you repeat again what you’ve said early Jongin-ah?” the girl , closing her game then take a look at Jongin with grinning.

 

Jongin pouts feel annoyed. “You know that I’m the perfect and handsome one more than my brothers”

 

The girl laughs. “You know that the three of them more attracting than you”

 

“Stop it Naeun-ah. You betrayed me,” Jongin walks inside the changing room again to grabs his bag. Following Naeun who just walk in front of him.

 

Jongin and Naeun walk to together to their home. Their home is in the same block, so it’s okay if the two of them accompanying each other – it’s Jongin who often walks Naeun home. It’s summer. So it’s hot now, eventhough it’s already 4.23 PM.

 

Naeun keeps fanning her face with the paper she just found out. She looks around searching for something.

 

“Ah! Jongin-ah!”

 

Jongin looks at what Naeun yelled. There’s an ice cream store. Naeun looks at Jongin with her deary eyes, waiting him to drag her to the store and buy her ice cream. Jongin can’t hold it because she’s Naeun and it’s weird to see her like that.

 

Jongin grabs Naeun wrist drag her to the ice cream store, while Naeun grinning because Jongin going to give her free ice cream.

 

Naeun stood at the counter reading the menu list patiently. Jongin glances at her then decide to order, “One three-scoop sundae and one vertical sundae”

 

Hearing that Jongin already order the ice cream Naeun glares at him. Wanting any explanation because she’s not done in reading the menu list.

 

“You’ll like it anyway. You always order vertical sundae too,” Jongin says when they sit waiting for the ice cream to come. Still Naeun muttered over his action.

 

“Here your order”

 

The barista comes with their ice cream, Naeun glances at Jongin but he seems didn’t care. So Naeun eats her ice cream with wide smile. Feeling happy to eat free ice cream in this summer day.

 

Jongin tries so hard to hold his laugh. He acts carelessly towards Naeun and finding that she likes the vertical sundae a lot. Jongin glances to Naeun who eats her ice cream like there’s no ice cream for tomorrow.

 

***

 

Jongin rubs his eyes while take the newspaper in front of the door. He feels sleepy, but eventhough his eyes sleepy he still can realize that Naeun already stood in front of their gate. He walks slowly towards the gate and open it so Naeun can walk in.

 

“Jongin-ah… Where’s Namjoo?”

 

Jongin rubs his eyes again. “Wait, Namjoo? Not me?”

 

Naeun giggles. “Yes… It’s Namjoo. She wants me to accompany her”

 

“Accompany? Where?”

 

“To buy something special,” Naeun winks at Jongin before she walks into the house first. Leaving Jongin speechless thinking about something different.

 

 “Unnie you’re here!” Namjoo runs to Naeun happily, ignoring her brothers staring at her.

 

Naeun smiles happily, Namjoo’s happy vitamin. “We go now?”

 

Namjoo holds Naeun’s hand while go outside the house. They choose to go shopping with bus instead of taxi because there’s too many reasons and they probably will stop by anywhere.

 

“Unnie…”

 

Namjoo breaks Naeun attention from her phonescreen. She looks at Namjoo with questioning face, waiting Namjoo next words.

 

“I think I know the one you like,” Namjoo giggles, makes Naeun face redden.

 

Naeun tries to calm herself. “Y-you know? W-who?”

 

“It will probably the annoying one,” Namjoo remembers the night before when all of her brothers nagging her.

 

“Well… You must keep it as secret Namjoo-yah”

 

“Okay. And I think you’ll buy valentine’s gift for him right? Just like always” Namjoo teases her again with her provocative eyes.

 

Naeun covers her red face then nodding.

 

Naeun walks searching for her valentine’s gift. She laughs a little at Namjoo’s action who is confuse in choosing her gift. Then Naeun tries to think what’s the one he want? Should I buy a towel instead? And a mineral bottle? It’s cheesy. Wait this denim will looks good on him.

 

“Namjoo-yah. I’ll buy this. How? What do you think?” Naeun shows Namjoo the black denim jacket with smiles widely. Namjoo happily gives Naeun two thumbs up, makes the girl smiles even widely.

 

Naeun decides to buy the denim jacket, after paying she looks over Namjoo. She still trying to choose between shoes or beanie or jacket. Naeun smiles at Namjoo’s action, Namjoo already grown up. Naeun looks around the store then found out there’s a store selling towel with free stitches up to the buyer.

 

Naeun walks towards Namjoo. “Namjoo-yah, I’ll go there for a while,” she whispers while points the store near them. Namjoo just nods then continue in choosing what will she buy.

 

Naeun goes to the towel store, finding a black towel. “Excuse me sir,” Naeun walks nearly, “This towel… Whether this towel absorb sweat quickly?”

 

The old man nods then decides to explain which towel will absorb sweat quickly this and that. Not even forgetting to tell Naeun his store stories. He also though that Naeun looks like an idols on television, and it’s ofcourse makes Naeun shy.

 

“So… Sir, you make stitches too right? Can you make Kim – Son with a white yarn? And make it bold one”

 

The old man nods then start to stitches the towel that Naeun has choose.

 

“Sir… Do you know where’s the bottle store around this area?”

 

***

 

Jongin yawns while opening the curtain on his room. It’s valentine’s day. He looks at his table smiling at what he just done. Even when valentine is the moment where girls give something to boys, Jongin will give this to her girl.

 

“Namjoo-yah!”

 

Namjoo startled at the shouting, glares at the one who just shout her name. Jongin just grins without any apologetic face. Namjoo then decides to ignore her brother, continues to get a cola and a pack of cookies.

 

“Kim Namjoo…” Jongin calls her again, now with a gentle and soft voice not like always.

 

“Where’s Naeunie?”

 

“Ofcourse I don’t know where she is” Namjoo tries hard not too flush the cola towards her brother. He’s so annoying.

 

Ding dong

“Ah! It’s Naeun right?” Jongin runs towards the door finding Naeun stood there with wide smile.

 

Jongin grabs Naeun’s wrist drag her to the house. “Naeun-ah! Come here come on”

 

Naeun smiles widely with a paper bag on her hand, she sit in the living room like always. Jongin decides to back to his room, and there’s Junmyeon watching television – no he’s texting his girlfriend.

 

“Junmyeon Oppa,” Naeun calls him, waiting for the response, “You like Chorong Unnie that much?”

 

“Ofcourse! We’ll go on a date just now,” Junmyeon gets up from his place, give a meaningfull looks to Naeun then go to his room.

 

Naeun relax her body on the sofa, there’s none here. All the Kim’s siblings in their room. Naeun take a look at Jongin room, he doesn’t seem to go out. Naeun blinks thinking what the actual reasons she came to the Kim’s House.

 

Naeun then decides to go outside. She walks slowly and quietly didn’t want any of the Kim’s siblings to hear her steps. Naeun just about to open the door when someone grips her wrist. Naeun startled not because of the sudden grips but because she knew the one with this hand.

 

“Naeunie…”

 

“W-why Jongin-ah?” Naeun blinks many times at how Jongin stare at her. She didn’t know why, but she feels a little nervous because that stare.

 

Suddenly Jongin whiny. “I can’t do my homework Naeun-ah”

 

Naeun blinks again. She laughs hardly, then take a look at her friend again, and decides to laugh again. Jongin raises his eyebrows didn’t have any idea what makes Naeun laugh. Naeun tries so hard to stop her laugh. I must be crazy, Son Naeun! Back to your sense!

 

Naeun open her note, searching the topic that Jongin said he’s leak off but the teacher didn’t love Jongin that much because the teacher gave him a little homework with that topic. Naeun frowns when she found out that the topic already long long time ago. It’s not a topic that they’ll get in this semester.

 

“Jongin-ah… Why your teacher gave you that homework? Is it only you?” Naeun looks at Jongin still frowning.

 

Jongin stretch his neck then nods, “Yes… I’m the one that still can’t answer her question. I’m a fool right?”

 

Naeun shooks her head in response, giving Jongin her note. “You better read it first, and try some question. If you still can’t understanding them you better call me”

 

Jongin just keep silent while watching Naeun gets up from her position. “Where are you going?”

 

“You guys too meanie. I’m always here but still you guys should treat me like a queen because I’m a guest,” Naeun says while walks to the kitchen. Grabs a milk and some cookies for her, decides to sit in the kitchen mini bar.

 

Jongin nods his head. “So you’re hungry? Should we go out? Search some delicious food?” Jongin’s hand grabs his jacket beside him, ready to stand up.

 

“You better finish that homework first, then I’ll go anywhere with you,” Naeun says while chewing her cookies.

 

Jongin just glares at Naeun because she knows what exactly he want to escape. Jongin tries so hard to focusing her mind on Naeun’s note. There’s some quick-formula in the right side of the pages, and don’t forget the rainbow – not rainbow at all color pen. Jongin shooks his head but really,  Naeun’s note really neat and clean. Maybe because Naeunie is a girl.

 

Naeun yawns, Jongin already took thirty-minutes and he didn’t ask anything to her makes her feel annoyed and sleepy. Naeun yawns again, Milk and cookies really works for me. Naeun rest her head on the kitchen’s bar table. Eyes almost close, but still pay attention to Jongin. Naeun feels so sleepy now.

 

“Naeun-ah…” Jongin calls her, “Naeunie,” still Naeun didn’t answer him, Jongin looks at the kitchen’s direction found out Naeun already fall asleep at the mini bar table. Jongin chuckles at what he see.

 

“Ah… Son Naeun. You’re still that Crying Baby at all. Look look here your cheeks maybe a little not chubby now, but it still called chubby,” Jongin says quietly when he arrives beside Naeun, Jongin goes to his room picking up a blanket then cover it to Naeun’s body.

 

Jongin chuckles again. “I’m sorry Naeun-ah. You must feel so tired. I’m sorry for lying”

 

***

 

Naeun wakes up with sleepy eyes. She rubs her eyes, but finding can’t see anything. She feels scared, but then realized that the lamp is off. Naeun take a look at her watch, it’s already 9.00 PM. Naeun decides to walks to the light switch. After she press the on button, the living room already decorated with cute pink stuff. Naeun aweing at what just she sees, smiles widely at how beautiful this living room now.

 

“Son Naeun!”

 

Naeun looks at the stairs, there’s Jongin smiles even more widely than her. Naeun can sees Jongin holding something behind his body. Jongin walks down the stairs still with that wide smile.

 

“Son Naeunie…” Jongin exhales his breath slowly then continue, “You… You are my best−“

 

Jongin shooks his head then repeat it again completely, “You are my best partner”

 

Naeun speechless at what Jongin said. Standing there without any read-able expression. After a while she smiles then give her paper bag to Jongin. Leaving Jongin with frowns now.

 

“You better said it completely, I think it’s not the end yet”

 

Jongin blinks then giving the one that he holds behind his back to Naeun. Jongin plastered his face with wide smile. “I-I like you Naeunie… I don’t know when it started, but I really do. W-we first met at the garden right? I think you’re so cute and I want to hug you like the teddy bear. Then we play together a lot, same school, you wait for me after my practice, I’m walk you home. It’s the same. But suddenly I feel… I feel that I can’t go anywhere without you…”

 

Naeun’s face redden with Jongin confession. She covers her face with her hand, start to fanning her face. While Jongin looks very proud with what just he said, still smile widely and gentle.

 

“Jongin-ah…” Naeun smiles to him, “You better wait until your match… It’s tomorrow right?”

 

***

 

Jongin can’t control his heart beat. It’s his last match and he will get the answer this day. Jongin keeps shaking his legs, feeling nervous.

 

“Kim Jongin! I don’t know that you can be like this,” Ilhoon pats Jongin’s shoulder, then give him a water. But get shooks from Jongin, showing Ilhoon his bottle.

 

Ilhoon raises his eyebrows, reading words in the bottle. It’s ‘Kim! Yehet!’. Ilhoon laughs a little then pats Jongin’s shoulder again, choose to leave him alone.

 

The basketball’s team entering the stadion now, while Jongin still focus on the bleachers searching for Naeun. He founds her. Naeun stood with a banner in her hand, Jongin tries so hard to read it before the game officially start. Jongin focusing his eyes again, he read it. He read it.

 

‘Jongin-ah! You are my best partner! Love you from earth to moon and back!’

 

Jongin smiles more widely at the banner, give Naeun a wink. Which leave Naeun redden in her position.

 


 

idk....

what's wrong with me....

i think it's cheesy, annoyed, and.... too long....

well, but i like this story concept(?)

hope you guys can enjoy it~~~ it's kaieun!!<3

well... i love jongin-soojung too~