"An Unexpected Meeting"

INEVITABLE MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

"An Unexpected Meeting"

 

Nana looked at Jonghyun, a scowl was still on his face.

"What'll it take to have a smile on your face?" she asked from across him inside the limo that had just picked them up at the airport.

"Nothing," he muttered, staring out the window. "Where are we going?"

"Straight to our hotel just here within Seoul," she informed, trying to lighten his mood. Although if she had to admit to herself, she wasn't in as much of a good mood as he was. Both of them weren't at all happy to be back in Korea.

"When and where does filming start?" Jonghyun asked, wanting to get things over with. The sooner they started, the sooner it'll be over. And besides, most of the films they shoot in Korea don't usually last more than 4 to 6 months anyway. That's the only good thing he's been thinking about since the day Mr. Jung had forced him to come or else he'd revoke his entire contract with him. He's never had such an argument with the man in his entire life until a few weeks ago when he threatened to personally put an end to his acting career if he doesn't take this job in Korea. 'What the hell was that man thinking,' he thought scathingly as he watched the familiar Seoul scenery pass by as the limo drove along. 'He must have a motive.'

Before thinking of any possible reason why Mr. Jung had demanded he come back to the past he didn't even want to remember, the limo drew to a stop and the door beside him immediately opened, letting in screams of the large crowd that had gathered around the front of the hotel.

"Smile?" Nana said, looking at him with a pleading look.

Jonghyun sighed and smiled, making her grin. Of course Jonghyun's smile was the same as it had been for the past five years, just that tiny curve at the end of his lips without so much as a peek of his perfect white teeth. But that was enough for everyone. It was even more than enough for all his fans who thought he was just being cool that way, and not knowing the exact reason why they never saw their favorite actor smile.

 

 

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pleaaaaasseee?"

Yoona looked at the round dark-brown orbs of her twin boys before sighing exasperatedly.

"If Eunhye says its okay with her," she agreed, giving in to their request, and smiled as the pair's faces brightened up almost immediately.

 

 

"Are you finished now?" Jonghyun said with a scowl on his face. It's been three weeks since he's arrived in Seoul and his mood still didn't improve.

"Yeah, you can take a break now Jonghyun-ssi." the photographer said before giving his camera to his assistant.

Sighing, Jonghyun jumped down from the elevated set where he was having a promotional shoot for the upcoming movie. It was ridiculous, they've been filming for only two and a half weeks and already they intend to do so much promotion when not even 1/8 of the entire movie was filmed yet.

"Jonghyun, where are you going?" Nana called as she saw him heading out the studio.

"I need fresh air!" he replied without turning back but instead held up a cap and a pair of sunglasses for her to see.

 

 

"Are you gonna keep following me all day?"

"It's what you paid me to do Jonghyun-ssi," replied the large man gruffly.

He smirked at the man before going into the large convenience store he had seen from across the street earlier. "Good point, want anything Joe?"

Joe, Jonghyun's bodyguard, shook his head as he positioned himself by the entrance to the store.

"Take your time, I'll be waiting out here."

Jonghyun never minded the presence of the large man, he was after all of great use for him especially with dealing with the paparazzi. But when he was sure he wasn't followed by cameras or fans, he'd rather he wasn't around either.

 

 

"I'll be waiting at the cashier with the large sign on top that has the number one, okay?"

The twins looked at their nanny and nodded their heads, willing themselves not to roll their eyes. They knew where the cashier line was and they knew they had numbers at the top and they also knew what the number one looks like, they could even count all the way to thirty now even if they didn't attend school officially yet.

They certainly weren't as dumb or immature as most people think due to their young age. In fact they were the exact opposite, but only their immediate family knew that, like their mother for example.

"Okay," they chorused before rushing inside.

"I'll go get the candy that Hyuna really likes…"

"…and I'll get the ice cream," Jonghoon finished with a nod.

Jonghyuk grinned at his younger twin by 6 minutes and nodded as well.

"You might take longer than I do so I'll just meet you by the ice cream freezer!" he called as he ran down the aisles of the store.

"Okay!"

 

 

Sighing irately, Jonghyun took off his dark sunglasses. Wearing it inside only made it harder for him to see.

'Hmm…what would Nana want…' he thought, looking down into the freezer.

"Excuse me, but can you move a little?"

Jonghyun turned around at the unfamiliar voice, but no one was there.

"Down here!"

Looking down, he saw a small child already glaring at him while holding a small stool, and he was left there standing stock still staring at him.

"Are you okay?" the child asked with furrowed brows.

Jonghyun shook his head, snapping out of his thoughts but continued staring at the small child. "Can I help you?" he asked rather amusedly, ignoring the child's question.

"Yes, you can. Please move a little," he ordered, making Jonghyun move to the side by a step. "Thank you."

Jonghoon placed the stool he borrowed from one of the workers in the store firmly on the ground in front of the freezer before climbing on top of it and peering inside at all the ice cream.

Jonghyun looked down at the contents of the freezer as well but can't help but stealing constant glances at the child beside him. Although the glare he sent him earlier was enough to shock him, especially coming from a such small child like this but what surprised him the most was that this child is the spitting image of himself when he was just about his age. Of course, he knew dark-brown eyes and also dark-chocolate colored hair were common but this is the first time he'd actually met someone who had the exact same facial features as he did, the child even had his eyebrows , the shape of his nose and the messiness of his own hair. Even the glare, with the tiny sneer on the corner of his mouth, which he aimed at him earlier, looked like one of his own.

This child was either actually born looking like him or his parents were really big fans of his movies to actually turn their son into a spitting image of him, which, he thought was unlikely. The kid looked like he was only four or five years old.

"How long are you gonna keep staring at me mister?"

That statement snapped him out of it. "Sorry," Jonghyun said with a smirk.

Jonghoon looked up at the unusual stranger and smirked back.

That did it.

"What's your name kid?" he asked, curiosity overwhelming him.

"Mom said I shouldn't talk to strangers," Jonghoon replied immediately, but he can't help but actually want to talk to the man. He found him weird because he always stared at him but he seemed very familiar to him.

Jonghyun nodded in understanding at this.

"But if you can get that ice cream for me then you won't be much of a stranger anymore," he added, pointing to a strawberry cupped ice cream.

Taking the ice cream from the bottom of the deep freezer, he gave it to him.

'What a negotiator,' Jonghyun thought, even more amused.

"My name is Jonghoon," he informed, immediately holding a hand out when his other hand took hold of the ice cream cup. "What about you?"

"Jonghyun," Jonghyun replied.

 

"Jonghoon! What are you doing?"

Jonghoon and Jonghyun turned to the new but similar voice.

'Another one?' Jonghyun thought incredulously as he saw another spitting image of himself stalking towards them and a scowl was on his face.

"What are you doing?" he hissed to his twin who was standing on a stool while he kept an eye on the stranger.

"Getting the ice cream as planned…and this man is helping me," Jonghoon replied, pointing at Jonghyun. "His name is Jonghyun. Exactly the same first name as us! "

Jonghyuk looked at the really tall figure beside his slightly elevated brother. He and his brother always thought alike, if Jonghoon trusted this man, then so did he, no questions asked. "Thank you for helping my brother, my name is Jonghyuk, nice to meet you," he introduced formally and holding a hand up towards him.

Jonghyun knelt down to their level and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you too."

"We have the same eyes," he pointed out bluntly which surprised Jonghyun.

"Exactly what I noticed when I first saw him," agreed his twin, which surprised Jonghyun even more. They're very observant…and direct, just like him as a child, although he wasn't as talkative like them back then.

"Tell me, how old are you two?"

"Five," they replied together.

"Hey, can you help me again please?" Jonghoon said, pointing into the freezer.

Jonghyun got up and gave him the two chocolate Popsicles and one vanilla ice cream cup.

"Thanks, Mr…what's your family name?"

"L- Lei," Jonghyun amended immediately. They might be kids but he couldn't risk revealing his full name, especially not to smart kids like these, they might familiarize his name from his movies.

"Thank you Mr. Lei," they replied simultaneously yet again.

"It's always better to address adults by their family name…"

"…it's more respectful that way, according to mother."

He gave them both a nod before looking around them. "Did you come with your mother and father?"

"We don't have a father," Jonghoon informed him.

"Don't feel sorry for us though, we're used to it," Jonghyuk added, seeing the look Jonghyun had.

"I don't feel sorry for you," he countered, a smirk on his face.

"Yes you do. We saw it in your eyes…"

"…you don't have to deny it."

Now Jonghyun can't help but chuckle. These kids were witty too. Never has he met children that actually got much of his attention, and here he was absolutely engrossed with two.

"So where is your mother then?"

"She-"

"Jonghyuk! Jonghoon!"

All three heads whirled around at the sound of the woman's voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter