"Realizations"

INEVITABLE MEETING
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Nine

"Realizations"

 

 

'Get a hold of yourself Yoona!'

Breathing another lung-full of air, Yoona shivered involuntarily yet again. She looked up at the tall 5-star hotel where Jonghyun said he was staying.

"Miss?"

Yoona's eyes snapped back down ahead of her as the elderly doorman stationed by the double glass doors in front of her held one door open.

"Th-thank you," she said in barely a whisper, a nervous smile permanently engraved on her face.

 

 

"Hi, I tried to make a call from an extension line from my suite earlier this afternoon but there seems to be a problem."

The young man behind the counter shook his head and a wide smile adjourned his features at the beautiful woman in front of him.

Nana looked at him with amusement.

"Name…name please?"

"Park Nana, my room is in the 30th floor, the Empire Suite."

The young man flashed another smile at her before looking down at the monitor situated in front of him.

"I shall get to that immediately Ms. Park, expect someone to be up in your suite within 30 minutes, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. You could've made a call for the front desk from the main line of the suite."

'I would have if Jonghyun hadn't locked his room where the main line was solely connected to. Ever since those kids got his attention, I've been experiencing nothing but inconveniences,' she thought to herself half-annoyed. "Thank you," she replied simply with a small trace of a bow of her head.

"Anytime! If you ever need anything else, please don't hesitate to ask me directly."

Nana gave one last dazzling smile at him before turning on her heel. And bumping into a woman.

 

 

"C'mon boys! Aren't you ready yet?" Jonghyun called out as he adjusted a plain black baseball cap on his head. He had intended to spend some quality time with the boys the whole day and send them back to Yoona that night but Yoona's proposal was even better.

 

**Flashback**

" Jonghyun here," he said with a tone of laughter into the receiver which he was currently balancing between his ear and his shoulder.

" Jonghyun? It's Yoona."

The smile immediately faded from his features at the mention of the caller's name.

"Hold on," he replied curtly before setting the phone on the table. "Boys!" he called out, immediately hearing the twins making their way towards him in a run. Why these kids never run out of energy, he didn't know, neither did he mind.

"What is it?" they asked. Jonghyuk was already holding a glass with three spoons in it and Jonghoon was holding onto two stacked glasses tightly in both little hands.

" Jonghyuk, take this," Jonghyun said, holding out the large tub of ice cream he had been holding towards Jonghyuk who had a free arm in which he balanced the tub."You two go ahead and fill up the glasses, I have to speak to someone on the phone for a while."

The boys grinned at him, not only because they were glad Jonghyun trusted them to do the task themselves and didn't treat them like babies- which they weren't -but because again he proved that he really can tell who was who with such ease.

As they ran back towards the living room where the large TV was situated, Jonghyun set the plastic bag he was holding, which held the DVDs they had just bought to watch for the night, on the sofa nearby.

"Hello?" he answered yet again into the receiver.

" Jonghyun," Yoona started in, Jonghyun noticed, a nervous tone.

" Yoona," he said in acknowledgement.

After what seemed to Jonghyun as a very long silence, Yoona finally spoke again. "About tomorrow," she said unsurely. "I was thinking…would you mind if we all had dinner together? I-I could head over there tomorrow for you and the boys, and we could all spend a…a little time together."

Jonghyun's brows shot up to his forehead as she said this.

" Jonghyun? Did you hear what I just said?"

"Come over tomorrow at five in the afternoon, I'll text you the details of the hotel."

**End of Flashback**

 

If the rest of the day will go as he planned, he'll get his answers from her before the night is out. And if he's lucky, they can immediately settle on a solution to their current predicament which is: Who exactly will get custody over the twins?

Jonghyun looked at the wall mirror by the door and took a deep breath. 'Remember Jonghyun, she left you. Don't give in to her, and don't fall for her acts. If she starts to want you now, don't give in. She didn't want you five years ago, and if she wants you now, it'll only be because of your fame and fortune….especially your fortune. Remember that! And remember how much of a heartless she was for everything she did! Keep that in mind!'

A few minutes- and a few more reminders to himself that got him as angry as he was at Yoona five years ago -later, there was a lot of arguing from somewhere in the suite followed by Jonghyuk and Jonghoon's pounding footsteps on the floor as they came running towards him in a race.

"Ha! I win!" they both exclaimed in unison.

"You did not!" they argued simultaneously, facing each other.

"I did too!" they said, yet again, in chorus.

Jonghyun laughed and rumpled their hair, his anger immediately replaced by hilarity at the sight of the boys.

"You two really are something. Nobody's mood will ever be dampened with you two around," he said, grinning down at them from ear to ear as he handed them two black baseball caps identical to his but in a much smaller size.

The boys fitted them on top of their messy chocolate brown hair and faced each other. After adjusting the other's cap in place, they nodded and looked back up at Jonghyun, winked at him and wiggled their brows at the same time with identical mischievous grins on their faces.

Yet again, Jonghyun was sent into another round of laughter.

 

 

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry," Nana said to the woman with an apologetic smile.

The woman who looked to be about middle-aged dressed in a white ruffled top, black slacks and a matching sapphire jewelry set, gave a curt nod at Nana, not at all falling for her kind words and smile for she didn't seem to care enough to make a move to help in picking up her fallen, and expensive-looking, purse and her newspaper.

"Not a problem," she replied with a bite in her tone. "You-"

But she stopped, as she felt something, or rather someone, tugging on her pant leg from beside her. Sliding her sunglasses up her head, resting it on her short, black hair, she looked down at the child who had picked up her belongings without her even noticing.

The little girl had said nothing, instead, held up her things up towards her.

"Why thank you little one," she said with a smile and patted the little girls head. "That was a very nice gesture," she added, looking pointedly at Nana and yet with another bite in her tone as she did.

Nana's brows furrowed and a frown was on her face at how the woman, whom she didn't even know, could speak to her in such a way. She would've helped if she thought she needed it, but she seemed capable enough of picking up her own things. She watched as the woman thanked the child again before giving her one last disapproving look and taking her turn at the front desk.

"E-Excuse me please."

Her attention was taken by the little voice below her. Nana looked down to see the child standing in front of her and looking up at her from just around the length of her knees. It was obvious the child was trying to tell her to step aside so she can resume standing in line behind the rude middle-aged woman earlier but Nana made no sign of moving aside.

"Honestly, where has your manners gone to young lady?"

Nana jumped slightly at the voice that barked behind her. She turned around to see the middle-aged woman looking at her with an even more critical look on her face.

"Well? Do you plan to just stand there? Or will you make way for the little girl?"

"Yes, goodbye," she muttered before taking her leave.

"Honestly!" Nana heard the middle-aged woman shout after her and into another chain of disapproving remarks which she couldn't clearly make out anymore. The only words she heard were "rude", and "not apologizing".

"Sorry," she muttered without looking up as she bumped into yet another person. She hadn't looked or spoken to anyone until she came into one of the elevators in the lobby and gained solitude inside as it made its way up the many floors.

Holding her hand up to her heart, Nana took in a deep breath. What was the deal with that woman? She had never met anyone so rude to her and so openly too! There were a lot of people in that lobby and she had openly humiliated her.

But what got to Nana more was how she reacted through the whole ordeal. She was usually calm and composed, and people tended to adore her. It was obviously not applicable to what happened earlier mainly because seeing that child threw her off completely.

That little girl had brown hair and the most familiar pair of brown eyes too.

 

 

Yoona looked back at the young woman who had bumped her, wondering if she was alright. She didn't have to see her face to know she wasn't feeling alright, the stoop of her stature itself showed her she was somewhat troubled.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter